PDA

View Full Version : Nice rise in silver - what happens next?

Atlas Shrugged
02-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Well, I still have 90% of my stack. I haven't been around the boards lately, I have been trying to set up a blog (if you click on my name, you can check out my site - click on my homepage).

Anyway, I am glad for the rise and I think it will continue to do so due to the FED.

Being disconnected from boards has helped me get things in perspective. However, I am not sure what the future holds for silver. I always thought I have a feel for the price, but the SM, gold and silver have me baffled.

Anyway, hope everyone is hanging in there.

Silver Finger
02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
what happens next?

Not sure about everyone else. But my next move is buying more. ;)

zaebis
02-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Silver has goon from 27 to almost 35 in a few days. Parabolic moves always collapse. Next I expect a day drop for 10-15% each day for two days. It may styart next Monday.

Atlas Shrugged
02-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Silver has goon from 27 to almost 35 in a few days. Parabolic moves always collapse. Next I expect a day drop for 10-15% each day for two days. It may styart next Monday.

The issue I have is that the FED is effectively doing QE 2.5. If they don't deflation will kill the economy hard.

SilverSurfer25
02-02-2012, 05:53 PM

27 to 35 is parabolic?

Silver Finger
02-02-2012, 05:57 PM

And, short-term, the silver market seems to do exactly the opposite of what people think it will.

ifionlyhadsomegold
02-02-2012, 06:02 PM
i could show you some charts but i wont.

the market is going up, the big bull is running again!
:D

it looks like the start of the next bull leg, almost like the last bull leg but more parabolic!

happy stacking!

zx2racer1990
02-02-2012, 06:04 PM
I have no idea why but people saying "parabolic" erks me. The graph would be Hyperbolic if anything. That said, yes this could fit the graph of a hyperbolic function.

Edit: a hockey stick curve would be somewhat hyperbolic.

ifionlyhadsomegold
02-02-2012, 06:07 PM
I have no idea why but people saying "parabolic" erks me. The graph would be Hyperbolic if anything. That said, yes this could fit the graph of a hyperbolic function.

Edit: a hockey stick curve would be somewhat hyperbolic.

sorry, if you have not noticed my English is poor...

97guns
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM

what guys arn't understanding is this market is made of big moves right now, we just came off a huge move down, it would not surprise me to see a huge move to the upside.

captainsilverton
02-02-2012, 06:13 PM
what happens next is easy, whatever happens..

.may not matter, but we have a well known physical gold and silver trader in Brooklyn we have known for 10 or more years...we stopped in at his shop and he was there.....he says the rise is ready to continue, with regards to silver, and this should be the first true correction for the better...he may know he may not, but he does one thing right, makes serious cash on silver coins and bullion from all over the world... and he is buying all he can, rather then selling as usual, he offered me a couple good deals....so i did spend a little bit of cold cash there...he has never lead us wrong in the past...maybe another prognostic..

INNY

s1lverbullet
02-02-2012, 06:32 PM

If you think it is going to crash then why not sell your stash now? For God's sake did we not see two huge beat downs already in the past year. In my opinion the next large move will be up. The last few weeks have just been a correction to a stable price from an overshoot to the downside.

Atlas Shrugged
02-02-2012, 06:34 PM
what happens next is easy, whatever happens..INNY

Well, that is true...

If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be.
-Yogi Berra

Dhaugen
02-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Well, I still have 90% of my stack. I haven't been around the boards lately, I have been trying to set up a blog (if you click on my name, you can check out my site - click on my homepage).

Anyway, I am glad for the rise and I think it will continue to do so due to the FED.

Being disconnected from boards has helped me get things in perspective. However, I am not sure what the future holds for silver. I always thought I have a feel for the price, but the SM, gold and silver have me baffled.

Anyway, hope everyone is hanging in there.

Congrates on the NEw Blog,... I will check it out. Peace!

d

Atlas Shrugged
02-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Congrates on the NEw Blog,... I will check it out. Peace!

d

Thanks. Should be interesting (I hope)...:)

TheorisT
02-02-2012, 08:01 PM

You english is fine, parabolic is the correct term. The shape of half a parabola is the shape of the graphs called parabolic.

Get Dat Skrilla
02-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Probably be another raid soon, JPM, Cartel, Margin Hikes etc to crush silver back to the 20's

Lorian
02-02-2012, 11:08 PM
If you think it is going to crash then why not sell your stash now? For God's sake did we not see two huge beat downs already in the past year. In my opinion the next large move will be up. The last few weeks have just been a correction to a stable price from an overshoot to the downside.
Why not taking into account the difference between stacking and future contract paperplaying?
People that buy delivered silver (stackers) do this as a method of saving, not for risky (trying to be faster than the rest) profit purposes.
The spot price contains a chunk that represents people that didn't let the silver deliver, just some paper, with as goal to be able to quickly get rid of it, so the price can as he said do a -30% in a matter of days.
And if next will be a large move up, it can only be due to people paying more. I'm not one of them. . Are you one of them? That's abit the core of the story: alot people talk about higher prices, but themselves, they don't pay them. They expect others to pay them. For the obvious reason, and after they grabbed profit and caused price -30%, the opposite happens. Dozens topics that price will crash to $25 $20 $15 $10. Only if the monetary base inflation proceeds and price inflation reflects it enough, the price at which people refuse to sell silver will increase. Until that happens there will be enough profitgrabs on the papermarkets to stack at lower prices. It's for a reason that the amount futures contracts doubled since decembers 10 years low. http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=SI&p=w1
Your last line is correct though, it was an overshoot to the downside. But nothing yet justifies $34 and "overshoots to the downside" can just happen again. If bad news from the eurozone would pop up, and dollar thus will appear 'stronger', the price increase since 2012 will be gone in a matter of days. Or since the uptrend already happened fast, in hours. If you are a stacker, it might be an idea to buy then instead of now. For paperclubbers it doesnt matter, they would buy today at $1000 to sell tomorrow at $1100 and that would be a $100 profit even if others sold too and the price tumbled back from $1100 to $30. But stackers should not buy in this uptrend....of course...lol.

NCCPC
02-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Nice rise in silver - what happens next?
I sincerely hope it is a temporary spike and things get down to a move comfortable buying level (my perspective).

zaebis
02-03-2012, 02:08 AM
most dont seem to realize that POS has little to do with QE, money printing, ECB, unemployment and so forth. Over 90% of silver market is paper and is not backed up by anything but a promise. Silver is FIAT just like USD or any other currency albiet a much more volatile one. Fat cats are making big bucks on it while gullible populace gets fleeced. Long term silver has an upside potential but any 2-6 months streches may and will be very violent.

SILVER PATRON
02-03-2012, 02:15 AM
Nice rise in silver - what happens next?

Maybe a nice dip in silver?

silverfire
02-03-2012, 02:20 AM
This rise of late has the jan-may feel of 2011. Almost every day was an up day. I see a drop coming - the question is when? Perhaps if it hits $40

SilverTongueDevil
02-03-2012, 02:28 AM
I remember not so long ago we were stuck in the crappy thirty's now were back but there is a hell of a lot more sunshine

SilverVixen
02-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Over 90% of silver market is paper and is not backed up by anything but a promise. Silver is FIAT just like USD or any other currency albiet a much more volatile one. Fat cats are making big bucks on it while gullible populace gets fleeced.

I agree with this to a point.

And the anarchist in me really wishes the paper pushers would all demand to take possession.

But that would be akin to a run on a bank, and their whole paper system would come crashing down.

They are also probably smart enough to know that too.

Bummer ...

SilverSoldier
02-03-2012, 03:17 AM
I agree with this to a point.

And the anarchist in me really wishes the paper pushers would all demand to take possession.

But that would be akin to a run on a bank, and their whole paper system would come crashing down.

They are also probably smart enough to know that too.

Bummer ...

Didn't Max Keizer try and start a buy physical silver and crash the paper market ad awhile ago?

zaebis
02-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Didn't Max Keizer try and start a buy physical silver and crash the paper market ad awhile ago?

LOL yeah. I think he fell just short of crashing the whole thing by like 10 OZ of silver.

ifionlyhadsomegold
02-03-2012, 03:53 AM
This rise of late has the jan-may feel of 2011. Almost every day was an up day. I see a drop coming - the question is when? Perhaps if it hits $40

actually it feels more like sep. 2010.

just sayin'!

zx2racer1990
02-03-2012, 06:34 AM

I apologize to you. My post was not aimed at your English, It was just to point out a very common occurrence of the word parabolic being used in place of hyperbolic. The graphs are similar but not the same.

Atlas Shrugged
02-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Fed Purchases 91% of All Gross 20-30 Year T-Bond Issues Since Twist Began

Zerohedge published a chart today produced by Barclays, which evidences that the Fed has purchased 91% of all gross 20-30 year treasury issues , 64%If all 8-10 year t-bonds, and 51% of all 6-8 year t-bonds since operation twist began.
Please go back and read that again.

What happens when Twist ends? Will the 30 Year collapse? What happens when there is no explicit back stop to the long end?

Qe will never end. Print or die.

Deflation is the big overhang and the economy is not real (there is an information overload crash coming..)

There is no sustainability when debt is money.

silverfire
02-03-2012, 09:18 AM
actually it feels more like sep. 2010.

just sayin'!

touche! :)

choubaka
02-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Is there any way to follow futures for silver without a 15 minutes delay?

It's hard to trade with some delays :(

ifionlyhadsomegold
02-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Is there any way to follow futures for silver without a 15 minutes delay?

It's hard to trade with some delays :(

http://www.netdania.com/Products/live-streaming-currency-exchange-rates/real-time-forex-charts/FinanceChart.aspx?m=c

select silver from instruments and add your favorite toppings.

choubaka
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
http://www.netdania.com/Products/live-streaming-currency-exchange-rates/real-time-forex-charts/FinanceChart.aspx?m=c

select silver from instruments and add your favorite toppings.

Thank you very much! :)

silvertip
02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
silver goes down/then up/then down/sidways/down/up

the millennium falcon runs on phyzzz :p

ifionlyhadsomegold
02-03-2012, 12:53 PM
the millennium falcon runs on phyzzz :p

:cool:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/team-investigate-underwater-ufo-sunken-ships-millennium-falcon-article-1.1013642

ajwgator
02-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Fed Purchases 91% of All Gross 20-30 Year T-Bond Issues Since Twist Began

What happens when Twist ends? Will the 30 Year collapse? What happens when there is no explicit back stop to the long end?

There ain't no windows in the corner the Fed has backed into this time...Twist (QE Lite) will be replaced with QE 3......or 4, or whatever fancy name they pull out of the hat. Can't smell the ink on that digital fiat though but that will change when you see the lines at the banks....:(

Brings to mind Tennessee Erny Ford's ole song....
Another day older and deeper in debt......St Peter don't ya call me cause.... I cant goooooooooooo........ I owe my soul to the company store....

Lorian
03-19-2012, 02:54 AM
what happens next is easy, whatever happens..

.may not matter, but we have a well known physical gold and silver trader in Brooklyn we have known for 10 or more years...we stopped in at his shop and he was there.....he says the rise is ready to continue, with regards to silver, and this should be the first true correction for the better...he may know he may not, but he does one thing right, makes serious cash on silver coins and bullion from all over the world... and he is buying all he can, rather then selling as usual, he offered me a couple good deals....so i did spend a little bit of cold cash there...he has never lead us wrong in the past...maybe another prognostic..

INNY
Well, and another month later we already saw $31.5 returning and the topics about $20 again pop up.
It's funny that some always talk of more when it is already more, and less when it is already less.
Well... Funny? In some past I found it funny.
Since then I saw this manipulative talk appear so many times that it became boooooooooooooring.

captainsilverton
03-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Well, and another month later we already saw $31.5 returning and the topics about $20 again pop up.
It's funny that some always talk of more when it is already more, and less when it is already less.
Well... Funny? In some past I found it funny.
Since then I saw this manipulative talk appear so many times that it became boooooooooooooring.

right on sir......just a messenger back on that post.. he is a salesman and dealer too??? he has reasons to talk up PM's....

me, always hopeful though....good morning Lorian... still high on hopium.. but still powder ready too, whats a silver bug to do...well, i will do as i always do...

INCT