PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound right to you ???

SilverPutz
03-01-2012, 06:01 PM
If I recall right, I think I read in a recent article that about a billion oz of paper silver are traded each day, as compared to about 500,000 oz of physical silver available each day for purchase.

I tried to find a link to this silver article, but to no avail.

Does anyone know if this is right?

If it's right, this may help explain how the paper silver traders may be able to really "crush" or "enhance" the price of physical silver.

In my opinion, I think if this paper vs physical silver ratio is right, it may only be a matter of time when the price of "real" silver separates from the price of paper silver.

Any thoughts?

Thanks .........

Fusion
03-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Sorry SP, you've been here for a year with over a thousand posts and you're asking a question that has been re-hashed here almost weekly. Just saying. DYODD - the "Y" stands for you're and theres a great search function here.

SilverUp
03-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Handbags at dawn.

Preludedude
03-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Sorry SP, you've been here for a year with over a thousand posts and you're asking a question that has been re-hashed here almost weekly. Just saying. DYODD - the "Y" stands for you're and theres a great search function here.

do you are own due diligence? this doesn't sound right.....you sure about that?

Fusion
03-01-2012, 08:00 PM
do you are own due diligence? this doesn't sound right.....you sure about that?

Ha, no it does not or doesn't. "Your", there, better? Completely missing the point but appreciate the correction. I've or I have seen much worse spelling, conjugation, run ons and more here and you choose to correct this. Now that there's (there is) funny Preludedude.

Carpenter
03-01-2012, 08:45 PM
This is from 2011, and only covers the comex.

"According to the CME the average daily volume of silver futures and options in the month of May was 117,196 contracts and 13,786 contracts respectively or 655M ounces of paper silver traded per day."

Worldwide mine production per year is only slightly greater than that.

HighInBC
03-01-2012, 08:56 PM

The Y stands for "your".

Preludedude
03-01-2012, 09:20 PM
The Y stands for "your".

Sorry but I beat you to it. :)