PDA

View Full Version : Silver's next move, $25 or $40?

kwyjibo
03-23-2012, 12:48 PM
If you had to bet everything, where do you see silver going next, and why?

silvertip
03-23-2012, 01:00 PM
the charts say this time of year $40 is next
only the silver cartel holding the POS down imo

equity_value
03-23-2012, 01:16 PM
What is the "silver cartel"?

They keep dangling that line....and you keep biting.

Seriously, wouldn't it take far less effort to just shrug it off and let it be? It's turned into a "who's on first" joke with no end in sight.

silvertip
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM
several silver cartels: banking institutions controlling commodity prices

an other silver cartel Eric Sprott wants the silver miners to start

over 600,000 results from goggle it is all over the web

and i did say imo because i thought it would avoid this question from you obviously not :D

coindog
03-23-2012, 02:08 PM
not back to $25 but maybe near the last low of $26xx. i think we will see $40 also later this year. and that's a fact...........maybe an opinion.;)

johndvs
03-23-2012, 02:13 PM
the cartels are those who manipulate the price to make the fiat look better:eek:

123abc
03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
I think $40.i don't think It could go to $25.maybe it could bounce off $28-$29.ps I am getting tired of this cartel argument littering every thread,it's so repetitive.anyway I am off for a curry and a few beers,hope everyone has a good weekend.

ajwgator
03-23-2012, 02:37 PM
The KITCO forum cartel :cool:

and my view is 40 because that is just what silver does.

captainsilverton
03-23-2012, 02:45 PM
I think $40.i don't think It could go to $25.maybe it could bounce off $28-$29.ps I am getting tired of this cartel argument littering every thread,it's so repetitive.anyway I am off for a curry and a few beers,hope everyone has a good weekend.

right on 123abc....its a bitter argument, pouring a blue moon now myself, grill and wood chips ready for 5 salt and sweet brine brook trout, worked all day busting my @$$ on property, and on a roll to work another 5 or so days doing upkeep, but not on the weekend!!!.... i have my 18 month old grandson coming over for the night and tomorrow....enjoy the weekend....

we bought some ASE's today online early this AM, for the above mentioned little boys( own stack) future, so i feel at least we are near a low...if not i spent little, and will buy again if this little rise today, dips Monday, or if i see it rising... a bit more silver will be bought all along for awhile.....though i see optimism for ^^POS on the poll vote..

so $25-$40 i do not know, just putting some more family in the silver game.

INCT

Koapaka
03-23-2012, 05:05 PM
right on 123abc....its a bitter argument, pouring a blue moon now myself, grill and wood chips ready for 5 salt and sweet brine brook trout, worked all day busting my @$$ on property, and on a roll to work another 5 or so days doing upkeep, but not on the weekend!!!.... i have my 18 month old grandson coming over for the night and tomorrow....enjoy the weekend....

we bought some ASE's today online early this AM, for the above mentioned little boys( own stack) future, so i feel at least we are near a low...if not i spent little, and will buy again if this little rise today, dips Monday, or if i see it rising... a bit more silver will be bought all along for awhile.....though i see optimism for ^^POS on the poll vote..

so $25-$40 i do not know, just putting some more family in the silver game.

INCT

With you guys on the WHINE,Whine, whine.....who needs it. Me, I am going to enjoy the fact it is FRIDAY, put in an honest 40 hour week, stacked some PM and life is GOOOD......:) Cornbeef Brisket, potatoes and coleslaw with dear friends tonite....was too sick to celebrate last weekend. ;)

silverfire
03-23-2012, 05:35 PM
They keep dangling that line....and you keep biting.

Seriously, wouldn't it take far less effort to just shrug it off and let it be? It's turned into a "who's on first" joke with no end in sight.

You've got it backwards. No one ever used the word cartel as bait. It's a normal part of conversational vernacular when talking about the pm markets.
For some reason though it seriously offends one member and they make every effort to refute the statement on nearly every thread.

silverfire
03-23-2012, 05:35 PM
With you guys on the WHINE,Whine, whine.....who needs it. Me, I am going to enjoy the fact it is FRIDAY, put in an honest 40 hour week, stacked some PM and life is GOOOD......:) Cornbeef Brisket, potatoes and coleslaw with dear friends tonite....was too sick to celebrate last weekend. ;)

between you and capt, I'm close to starving now and thinking of barbecue

silverfire
03-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Then why do you work so hard to avoid answering the question of who "the silver cartel" that you speak of is?

Work hard? no I've never even talked about the cartel. You're the one who keeps bringing this stuff up. Just let people have regular conversations already.

I swear every time someone mentions criminal, cartel, jpm, or anything similar - you start busting out dictionaries and badgering people for sources. As many other members have asked, just give it up already. A broken record would be jealous of your misdirected tenacity...

UkonCornelius1776
03-23-2012, 05:56 PM
What is the "silver cartel"?

Its nice outside why don't you go play with some of your rental equipment...everyone here is sufficiently irritated :D

OvalNut
03-23-2012, 05:57 PM
CARTEL is a non-nationalized anarchistic entity headed by the Tooth Fairy who is just frankly pi$$ed at the transition from the use of silver amalgam fillings to more effective and cosmetic ceramic based fillings. He (she?) has substantial silver holdings the he (she?) is now dumping on the markets out of sheer desperation and spite.

.. Or, it's TPG.

Tim

silverfire
03-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Apparently you have forgotten that you are the one who brought up "the silver cartel", not I, in post #2.

I did? For someone who is all into fact-checking - perhaps you should heed your own advice and look who the author of post#2 is. Anyhow, over and out - weekend is here and I'm ready for some nice r&r.

Koapaka
03-23-2012, 05:59 PM
I THINK most of these forums have an "ignore" or "block" feature for those that annoy the H#$L out of you, no???? Maybe it is time to look it up for me personally.

I am here to LEARN....not to argue, not to trump, not to hold court over...but to LEARN different prespectives and angles to think about how to maximize my HARD EARNED $$$$$$

silverfire
03-23-2012, 05:59 PM
CARTEL is a non-nationalized anarchistic entity headed by the Tooth Fairy who is just frankly pi$$ed at the transition from the use of silver amalgam fillings to more effective and cosmetic ceramic based fillings. He (she?) has substantial silver holdings the he (she?) is now dumping on the markets out of sheer desperation and spite.

.. Or, it's TPG.

Tim

There you go. We can all agree now :D

captainsilverton
03-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I THINK most of these forums have an "ignore" or "block" feature for those that annoy the H#$L out of you, no???? Maybe it is time to look it up for me personally.

I am here to LEARN....not to argue, not to trump, not to hold court over...but to LEARN different prespectives and angles to think about how to maximize my HARD EARNED $$$$$$

hey there Kaopaka...how are you tonight???.... still it is so good to read all the archived posts and to keep digging through and stay present too on many posts, and the other discussion groups too, lots of crossover.. in the big picture i am new enough to this particular forum too...

you can learn a lot for sure, and will...right or wrong, fact or fiction..you will have to pull from it what feels right for you , and your expectations.. we all at any time have a bit of testosterone flowing and with our equal females, probably less estrogen, but i can not quite always tell the women from the men, except for a few, and i am sure there are many ... i am certain i have been flamed, blocked, ignored and will be again.....all good though isn't it??.. NO??? we are all capable of civility and "hair up on the back of the neck posting"??? i for one love to see the personalities of us all through the posts... though i do not like rudeness nor do i try to emit it....but guilty on occasional days, posts....just like real life.., you will and you are learning how to maximize your PM's, i suspect you are a quick study by all means!!!!

INCT

jayjay
03-23-2012, 06:57 PM
I wanted to vote for "Who cares", but didn't see that option. As for manipulation, just remember, one man's cartel is another man's bread and butter. ;)

s1lverbullet
03-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Then why do you work so hard to avoid answering the question of who "the silver cartel" that you speak of is?

God would you just shut your mouth already. We have had enough of your baited questions. The silver cartel is JPM/HSBC/Goldman Sachs. That is who we are referring to, case closed. Whether you agree with us or not, this is who we are talking about. We don't care if you think there is manipulation or not. All we are using it for is a term to refer to those banks. This is not hard to understand.

s1lverbullet
03-23-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm sure you have a source for this. Can you share it with us? Or are you saying there really is no cartel, it's just a word you use to describe JPM/HSBC/Goldman Sachs?

Like I said before, I will not be drawn into your baited shenanigans anymore, so shut it.

Hardasset75
03-23-2012, 07:18 PM
You missed the point. Who is "the silver cartel".

Is it the mafia?

Mike Hunt
03-23-2012, 07:35 PM

If I had to bet everything, I would go with $25.00.

Only because it would be a safer bet for me.

Election year, I would expect TPTB to beat down commodities to boost other
economic news and numbers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And the TPG tries to derail another thread.
How many is that this week?

:)

03-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Come on PG, we all know who you're protecting. :cool:

seascape195
03-23-2012, 08:29 PM
I have no problem with those who believe there is a silver cartel. We all have beliefs. But when those beliefs are stated as factual without anything to corroborate it except other people opinions, then I will question those assumptions. I believe that is what debate is, not telling others to shut up.

Poor debate skills, lacking maturity, not raised to respect others opinions and/or no way to support a position in combination with at least one of the previous mentioned, will often leads to that behavior.

Someone stating something incorrect doesn't last very long around here. Someone almost always speaks up to correct it. :D No offense meant to either poster.

s1lverbullet
03-23-2012, 08:29 PM
I have no problem with those who believe there is a silver cartel. We all have beliefs. But when those beliefs are stated as factual without anything to corroborate it except other people opinions, then I will question those assumptions. I believe that is what debate is, not telling others to shut up.

It's a fact that that is who we are referring to (JPM/HSBC/Goldman) when we say "silver cartel." None of us ever said it was a fact that they were manipulating the price, even though most of us can deductively reason and come to that conclusion. You were the one that jumped to that conclusion.

It's okay guys, when someone is committing credibility suicide it's best to just stay out of the way and let the smoke clear.

silvertip
03-23-2012, 08:54 PM
You just proved my point.

what ever works for you :p

s1lverbullet
03-23-2012, 08:59 PM
You just proved my point.

Did you not read the entire post. You're taking what I said out of context. I said it is who we refer to. Is that really that hard to understand. Whether you believe in manipulation or not, and whether we can prove it or not, THAT IS WHO WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN WE SAY CARTEL WHETHER WE CAN PROVE IT OR NOT, HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND?? People have had enough of you, I have lost all of my respect for you, and I am sure there are others that feel the same that I do. Have a nice day, I'm done with this conversation, we are getting no where because you find one line and take it way out of context. Good bye.

CitiManager
03-23-2012, 09:08 PM

$25, because Quad G says so!

iverson
03-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Did you not read the entire post. You're taking what I said out of context. I said it is who we refer to. Is that really that hard to understand. Whether you believe in manipulation or not, and whether we can prove it or not, THAT IS WHO WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN WE SAY CARTEL WHETHER WE CAN PROVE IT OR NOT, HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND?? People have had enough of you, I have lost all of my respect for you, and I am sure there are others that feel the same that I do. Have a nice day, I'm done with this conversation, we are getting no where because you find one line and take it way out of context. Good bye.

I've noticed more and more people say that they find TPG obnoxius. The number continues to grow. Don't feed the troll. Just skip his posts like I try and do. :)

s1lverbullet
03-23-2012, 09:23 PM
I've noticed more and more people say that they find TPG obnoxius. The number continues to grow. Don't feed the troll. Just skip his posts like I try and do. :)

Yep, I just lost it there for a second, and he will accuse me of attacking him personally, thats just what he does. Then he will go complain to the mods. I'm going to take my own advice now and not participate in his shenanigans. Sorry for the yelling to all, I've just really had it with the troll. I'm now leaving this thread for good, have fun, and remember, don't feed him.

IAMCANADIAN
03-23-2012, 09:55 PM
I have no problem with those who believe there is a silver cartel. We all have beliefs. But when those beliefs are stated as factual without anything to corroborate it except other people opinions, then I will question those assumptions. .

Just curious.....do you believe in God?

samsnate
03-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Well I started reading this thread really interested in what everyones opinions were and the first page was great and then it went no where. Its sad to see so many getting worked up over small petty differences in opinions and differenet ways of viewing things. I voted for $40 as well. I think $25 is too low. I think the bottom has been set at $28 ish and thatwe may see that $40 I voted $40 because I think it will be closer to that end by the end of the year.

Just wanted to say thank-you to all those that participated in railroading this thread and ruining the enjoyment for me intentionally or not. Not holding grudges or anything but look back at the conversation now while its not a heated debate and look how rediculous it is. I read almost everything just trying to find posts that may be related to the topic. :(

Mike Hunt
03-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Well I started reading this thread really interested in what everyones opinions were and the first page was great and then it went no where. Its sad to see so many getting worked up over small petty differences in opinions and differenet ways of viewing things. I voted for $40 as well. I think $25 is too low. I think the bottom has been set at $28 ish and thatwe may see that $40 I voted $40 because I think it will be closer to that end by the end of the year.

Just wanted to say thank-you to all those that participated in railroading this thread and ruining the enjoyment for me intentionally or not. Not holding grudges or anything but look back at the conversation now while its not a heated debate and look how rediculous it is. I read almost everything just trying to find posts that may be related to the topic. :(

If you think thats bad.

You should have read it before all those TPG posts dissappeared on the first
three pages.
delete,delete,delete,delete,delete,delete,delete,d elete,
It made more since then.
:)

samsnate
03-23-2012, 10:55 PM
I guess thats where all those quotes had come from. Was curious. I hope people get back to the poll. I wonder if a MOD can clean this thread up and get it normanl again. :rolleyes:

Gene Daniels
03-23-2012, 10:57 PM

I voted $40. I don't expect to see it soon, maybe this year. But the bottom is either in, or very close. Silver may drop to $28 or so, but expect massive buy on any dip under $30 - if that were to happen.

For what it is worth, I expect silver to bounce around $30-33 until "something" happens to kick-start the next run upward.

SILVER PATRON
03-23-2012, 11:09 PM
I only caught parts of this episode of the Jerry Springer show. But back to the original post - $25 or $40? I don't really know about predictions but either way, money can be made.

mikeman
03-23-2012, 11:30 PM
For what it is worth, I expect silver to bounce around $30-33 until "something" happens to kick-start the next run upward.

In your opinion, what is that "something"?

s1lverbullet
03-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Definitely 40, I don't think we will see sub 30 again, and if we do it will be for a couple hours max. I think the basement floor is in at 30. I hope I'm right. It would have to drop way farther than 30 though for me to be in the red so as long as I'm still green I'm good :D

samsnate
03-23-2012, 11:35 PM
In your opinion, what is that "something"?

I bet till the economy tanks or shoots up I guess, or 2012 histeria as it gets later in the year, massive consumption of silver in some new industrial purpose or maybe major silver reserve found. Just guessing on what I think he/she may mean.

silvertip
03-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Definitely 40, I don't think we will see sub 30 again, and if we do it will be for a couple hours max. I think the basement floor is in at 30. I hope I'm right. It would have to drop way farther than 30 though for me to be in the red so as long as I'm still green I'm good :D

we will see sub $30 again this year no doubt
just not $25

Skrap
03-24-2012, 01:09 AM
Is it the mafia?

No. I heard it may be MS13 or them nasty Mujahideen, right? Capone's grandson? Tupac or Biggie?

You pro/anti cartel guys are funnnnnay.

Fusion
03-24-2012, 02:02 AM
I agree all POS predictions worthless but if we can hold $32 it will start upward based on seasonal charts. Then drop in June/July. I don't see either happening for some time IN MY OPINION.

Killver
03-24-2012, 04:11 AM

I don't believe that silver will be allowed to hit $40, or if it somehow does that it will stay there long enough to establish a floor. Don't forget that we saw $49 not that long ago... where is it now from $32? A long way off. PMs are undervalued but if the value never can be regained, what good is it? "How long is the wait?" becomes the question- how long until fair values are seen for PMs relative to the sinking dollar? Try buying a motorcycle that was $8000 not long ago... now $13000. So things aren't going well for paper these days...

TwoHorses
03-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Populations are growing, commodities become more scarce. Money supply is growing, dollars become more plentiful. Simple, simple math.

I voted $40.

Figment
03-24-2012, 07:04 AM
the people that voted 25
don't hold ANY slver right now AND want to get in
they are late
fig

Llama Dog
03-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Had to vote 40$, though I think we'll see high 20s/low 30s for a good period of time. Sure hope so at least, need to get some stacking done.

Obediah
03-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Lower 20's for election sake; the perception must be maintained of an improving economy. Even when silver rises to new all time highs it will be muted by the tyranny.

Llama Dog
03-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Lower 20's for election sake; the perception must be maintained of an improving economy. Even when silver rises to new all time highs it will be muted by the tyranny.

Sorry if i'm misusing the quote function, i'm quite new to the forums (and my phone for that matter.)

I can't imagine prices being pushed that far, i'm sure the average American doesn't wake up and check Silver/USD and think it reflects strength or weakness. If this were the case, elections would actually be something to look forward to. Don't see low 20s happening, but I sure would welcome it!

Koapaka
03-24-2012, 10:54 AM
hey there Kaopaka...how are you tonight???.... still it is so good to read all the archived posts and to keep digging through and stay present too on many posts, and the other discussion groups too, lots of crossover.. in the big picture i am new enough to this particular forum too...

you can learn a lot for sure, and will...right or wrong, fact or fiction..you will have to pull from it what feels right for you , and your expectations.. we all at any time have a bit of testosterone flowing and with our equal females, probably less estrogen, but i can not quite always tell the women from the men, except for a few, and i am sure there are many ... i am certain i have been flamed, blocked, ignored and will be again.....all good though isn't it??.. NO??? we are all capable of civility and "hair up on the back of the neck posting"??? i for one love to see the personalities of us all through the posts... though i do not like rudeness nor do i try to emit it....but guilty on occasional days, posts....just like real life.., you will and you are learning how to maximize your PM's, i suspect you are a quick study by all means!!!!

INCT

I too enjoy a good "banter" but feel that chiding a post for the sake of argument vs enlightenment is just not productive. I so appreciate everyone that contributes, and I can honestly say I have learned from EVERYONE that posts here, to include those that sometimes seem to feel the need to poke at others. This site is a wonderful place to find different perspectivies on what and how to preserve our hard earned assets (I will NOT use the word "dollars") both for us and our children and grandchildren.

I just would appreciate if more folks would say "hey, have you thought of it from this angle" vs directly challenging someone for what they think and why they think it. I think we are all here to share ideas, and am TRULY grateful for the opportunity to LEARN from so many.

Is buying and trading and buying again for me....not personally...I am the squirrel that just stacks and stacks and stacks. Is it an opportunity that I miss out on because I could have "wheeled and dealed" and done better...perhaps, but it is RIGHT for me. :) And back on the subject, my vote is for $40. I just don't think it will go below $30...and certainly hope I am correct.

grinningdog
03-24-2012, 11:39 AM
the people that voted 25
don't hold ANY slver right now AND want to get in
they are late
fig

I don't know what silver will do it may go to 40, I think unlikely this year, or it may go to 8. However what I do know is you are completely wrong about not holding any silver, in fact I bet I hold more than you.

s1lverbullet
03-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Will it ever get to the point that we are ready for silver to rise and explode so we can get the hard part over with? I know we all want to stack at cheap prices but the reason most of us stack is to protect ourselves from the inevitable. Of course I would like to buy more at cheaper prices.... but I am also ready for this to get started and get over with. I want TPTB to be financially and politically destroyed in the next decade, and then we can all prosper without their collective shackles holding us down.

In short, I am just ready for the endless lies and money printing to be over with. I hope sometime in my future, and I am very young, that we will return to a nation of honest people and honorable people who use real money.

Anyone else with me?

samsnate
03-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Will it ever get to the point that we are ready for silver to rise and explode so we can get the hard part over with? I know we all want to stack at cheap prices but the reason most of us stack is to protect ourselves from the inevitable. Of course I would like to buy more at cheaper prices.... but I am also ready for this to get started and get over with. I want TPTB to be financially and politically destroyed in the next decade, and then we can all prosper without their collective shackles holding us down.

In short, I am just ready for the endless lies and money printing to be over with. I hope sometime in my future, and I am very young, that we will return to a nation of honest people and honorable people who use real money.

Anyone else with me?

HERE HERE! ;)

Lilman
03-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Comments like this scare me a little.

"I want TPTB to be financially and politically destroyed in the next decade, and then we can all prosper without their collective shackles holding us down".

I can only assume you want the american dollar to fail so we have a global market crash and everything shuts down. People in city centers starving, Hospitals without medicine, people without their physc meds, a global depression.. children normally starve first, so how many kids in north america will starve to death in just the first few months ?

You want this ?

Lm

kwyjibo
03-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Just my 2 cents (well, maybe two dimes, correcting for inflation) but silver is in a parabolic trend following a somewhat predicable pattern for the past 10 years or so. The uptrends have been progressively getting more violent, and the consolidations have been progressively moving from flat to upward. According to the parabolic trend that we seem to be in, at least from what I see in the trends I've drawn on the 10 year chart, at worst, we should be in the low 30s for another several months. Seeing $25 would break this 10-year trend, and I doubt it will happen.. it could also conceivably takeoff well past 50/60 at any time this year, draw in some of the masses, and then get smacked down into the 40s to shake out the weak hands.

Llama Dog
03-24-2012, 10:56 PM

"I want TPTB to be financially and politically destroyed in the next decade, and then we can all prosper without their collective shackles holding us down".

I can only assume you want the american dollar to fail so we have a global market crash and everything shuts down. People in city centers starving, Hospitals without medicine, people without their physc meds, a global depression.. children normally starve first, so how many kids in north america will starve to death in just the first few months ?

You want this ?

Lm

No one wants what is to come of it, but a LOT of people think that they'll be walkin' around their reccently destroyed towns buying up all the property and farmland. It's nice to imagine a world where the people that caused this mess pay for it, and the people that tried to prevent it climb to the top, but it'll never happen. I don't have much hope for fiat currency, but there's still a chance we make it through. (If we plan a moon mission and come back with some Helium^3). (Not Likely)

s1lverbullet
03-25-2012, 12:07 AM

You want this ?

Lm

Wow that is quite a conclusion you jumped to right there. I never said I wanted the market to crash, the dollar to fail, people to starve, or children to die.... you jumped to those ridiculous conclusions. What I did say is it is inevitable that things will get bad. I would rather get it started now rather than later because I am still young and things will get better long term.

TPTB hold us down with regulations, taxes, and public opinion. I wish to be a free man, not a serf.

Sounds like you have been getting your talking points from the left wing propaganda outlets. I guess I'm just some evil SOB though like you described me to be.

Nice leap of the imagination for only your third post. Welcome to the forum.

Tell me, since you are here, you must own some silver right? Since you own silver, you are also thinking that the dollar and all fiat currencies will eventually go to zero too eh? Following your line of reasoning, does that not make you want to "starve American children" also?

Wait though... only an evil conservative like me would want to do something like that :rolleyes:

choubaka
03-25-2012, 01:34 AM
I don't think it will go to 25$ We are maybe talking 29$ and then it will go to 39$

GJHIII
03-25-2012, 01:41 AM
As to the Ops question, I feel that spot should stay in between the stated numbers. And as for all this SHTF scenario. I don't believe that with our combined intelligence and desire for quality in our lives that we can ever be beat. Relax. Semper Fidelis.

Lilman
03-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Wow that is quite a conclusion you jumped to right there. I never said I wanted the market to crash, the dollar to fail, people to starve, or children to die.... you jumped to those ridiculous conclusions. What I did say is it is inevitable that things will get bad. I would rather get it started now rather than later because I am still young and things will get better long term.

TPTB hold us down with regulations, taxes, and public opinion. I wish to be a free man, not a serf.

Sounds like you have been getting your talking points from the left wing propaganda outlets. I guess I'm just some evil SOB though like you described me to be.

Nice leap of the imagination for only your third post. Welcome to the forum.

Tell me, since you are here, you must own some silver right? Since you own silver, you are also thinking that the dollar and all fiat currencies will eventually go to zero too eh? Following your line of reasoning, does that not make you want to "starve American children" also?

Wait though... only an evil conservative like me would want to do something like that :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply

Yes I own silver and yes i am getting prepared for an economic collapse IN CASE it happens but i sure dont want it to happen.

your quote

" I want TPTB to be financially and politically destroyed in the next decade"

politics = government

finance = the yank dollar

You say you want them destroyed, Its right there in black and white...I dont know what to tell you. I was going to go back and post more quotes from you and a few other folks that say the same thing over and over but that seems kinda petty. Im not saying YOU want people to suffer but the reality is if the dollar and governments fail the people of the world will suffer immensely. I wont post on this again after all its just my opinion.
Ive lurked here almost 2 years so lets not play they # of posts game because it doesnt mean much.

Now on a totally different subject:

I think Theplanetguy... Works for the silver cartel !!!!!! :D :D

Stack on, Lm

s1lverbullet
03-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the reply

Yes I own silver and yes i am getting prepared for an economic collapse IN CASE it happens but i sure dont want it to happen.

your quote

" I want TPTB to be financially and politically destroyed in the next decade"

politics = government

finance = the yank dollar

You say you want them destroyed, Its right there in black and white...I dont know what to tell you. I was going to go back and post more quotes from you and a few other folks that say the same thing over and over but that seems kinda petty. Im not saying YOU want people to suffer but the reality is if the dollar and governments fail the people of the world will suffer immensely. I wont post on this again after all its just my opinion.
Ive lurked here almost 2 years so lets not play they # of posts game because it doesnt mean much.

Now on a totally different subject:

I think Theplanetguy... Works for the silver cartel !!!!!! :D :D

Stack on, Lm

Yeah I have been getting that sense too. Why else would he defend them?

The dollar and the government will collapse, there is no mathematical way out. It's either through default or hyper-inflation. Your correct some people will suffer, the ones who are smart like us won't, and our families will be safe because we prepared.

Guys I think the bottom is in and we are headed back towards the line in the sand at 35-35.50 now. If we can break it decisively we go to 40 in no time. IMO 25 silver is a dream. We bounced off of 26 twice already and double bottomed there technically speaking. I really think the downside is limited from here on. Too many strong hands are holding the 30-31.50 range.

spiritfilled111
03-25-2012, 12:20 PM
i dont believe silver is capable of going below $26

Hernando Cortez
03-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Yeah. 25 bones be what it be. Puttin on some curried boudin and merletons...be drinking some blue ribbon wid dat.

Hernando Cortez
03-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Man. Yank dollar. English twits.

wingmead
03-25-2012, 01:45 PM
The dollar isn't worth enough for it to be at $25 :p

Lilman
03-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Man. Yank dollar. English twits.

Sorry my bad, I forget how sensitive you guys are about some things.
Im not English actually, Im Canadian...plz dont bomb my country to steal my stack :D

Stack on, Lm

Hernando Cortez
03-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Tear in my eye. All the Canadians I've met have been pretty cool in my book. You are right...eventually we will have to bomb you guys for them stacks. The silver cartel demands it of us.

floridacoastman
03-25-2012, 05:49 PM
With 20,000,000,000.00 dollars being sucked by JPM, et al, on covering shorts when silver was spiraling toward 50.00, the trading in the east not opening on monday, a 6.00 drop in minutes, followed by several massive drops wiping out close to half the value of silver followed by 5 vertigo causing margin hikes, it is arguable that someone may be manupiluting the POS.

Being a fearless opportunity seeker and a contrarian investor, my bulk of silver was purchased by the end of 2009.

I have saved 20% of my disposable income and found a nice dip 4-7 X's/year since then.

If this is manipulation, or just fairy dust pixels, I don't care.

a billion bucks a day are going to service an unservicable debt and my coffee and gas have doubled since then also.

The price of silver is still imho not the buy of a lifetime, but the but of history.

I don't care if it hits 40 or 25 first.

I hope 25 because I can buy more silver of course before what appears to be a financial disaster for all americans and most of the world is unfolding right in front of us.

If you try to predict a time and date for silver you risk your credibility, however if you eliminate all debt, look for liquidity, start your own business, and live frugally you are wise in any economy.

Silver could be the lining in the unpredictable cloud that we seem to be sensing. Food will perish, water will not last long, so if shtf, intrinsic value will rise again.

Most importantly know other like minded people with reasonable heads.
Not militia types, but those that don't buy the mainstream news and live to see the Jersey girls. Those relationships need to be in place and hopefully will result in lifetime friendships, but in a worse case scenario, life saving relationships.

zoezoe
03-25-2012, 06:29 PM
April 2nd nice bounce on (slv 28.98)
April 25th good support (slv 25.60)...pure speculation but markets love symmetry.If they move like the did from Oct 28th...just saying
Most of you are in it for insurance and the long haul so a 15-20% hair cut is nothing over the next 5-10 years.

mozart13
03-25-2012, 07:10 PM
The question here is , what is bigger risk at this point to hold long position, or go
long, is Silver in new downtrend or in consolidation mode here ?
Also what effect US election has on PM, what happen after election, how did they do in election years would be good idea to check.
Seasonally Silver should do well til May, but is it happening ?
Where is smart money moving ?

Silver is also industrial metal, how's the demand?
Chart,s could be seen either way, all depend whom you ask.
Price control has effect, we've all seen that when price hit $48,well fed has plenty of tools at there disposal.
DYODD and GLTA!!!!

Lorian
03-26-2012, 04:14 AM
Dollar:
http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/fredgraph.png?&id=BASE&scale=Left&range=Max&cosd=1984-02-15&coed=2012-03-21&line_color=%230000ff&link_values=false&line_style=Solid&mark_type=NONE&mw=4&lw=1&ost=-99999&oet=99999&mma=0&fml=a&fq=Bi-Weekly%2C+Ending+Wednesday&fam=avg&fgst=lin&transformation=lin&vintage_date=2012-03-26&revision_date=2012-03-26
Silver:
http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=SI&p=w1
Since last chunk of the QE2 600 billion dollars appeared (juli 2011), look at the total time that the spot price stayed under $32. Only a few weeks.
In order to take the stacking advantage of sub $30, the futures market players have to grant it us.
And to do so, they need to exit 15000 more contracts (30>15).
They will only risk that if they notice that there is little buying pressure, and enough doubt and panic among stackers.

Maybe it keeps hanging around $32 until the Federal Reserve continues what it did the last century.
I, as a stacker for the longterm saving purposes, don't have a problem with it. Time enough to pick out coins on auction sites.
I don't have much to add to the stack anyway, I already did big time in the past, by buying big everytime others are concerned or panic, with euro's accumulated during the periods that others are euphoric and to da moon. :)
Maybe only some futures market players or stack/dump/stack/dump short term profit seekers have a problem with a less fluctuating price?
Not my problem!