PDA

View Full Version : Media says all is getting better??

shel8483
05-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Is everything getting more stable? Housing, jobs, economy. I dont think so. Soup kitchen still at full capacity. Homeless everywhere. Houses boarded up. 30% of the homes in our town are empty. What, dose everything bad fall off the books after awhile and doesn't count. Inflation is high as far as Im concerned. I will buy silver now whatever I can find and get ready for the price jump that will happen when people really realize the country is in worse shape then they lead people to believe. Stack on we will be rewarded someday.

zaebis
05-04-2012, 03:36 PM
it is quiet before the strom. fundamentals are horrible and getting worse not better. nothing has been fixed in fact shtf will now be much more severe than what it should have been.

that said silver is still PAPER and will continue to be such for a looooooong time. Consider alternative investment avenues....

CashValueRecovery
05-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Just wait till June 1st. There will be 700,000 american who lose their unemployment benefits all at the same time. They will no longer be counted as unemployed!!!!! This is awesome because our unemployment rate should drop by a good half percent or more.

Of course the people are still unemployed and wont be receiving any kind of money to live on but it will look good on paper and help our saviors numbers before the election.

SiberD
05-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Getting better? Oh SNAP!

That's all you need to look at. If things were getting better the number of people would be going down significantly better than they are with over 46 million people on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/34snapmonthly.htm

94NDTA
05-04-2012, 06:16 PM
it is quiet before the strom. fundamentals are horrible and getting worse not better. nothing has been fixed in fact shtf will now be much more severe than what it should have been.

that said silver is still PAPER and will continue to be such for a looooooong time. Consider alternative investment avenues....

What are your other investment avenues you are thinking of?

shel8483
05-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I agree with all of the postings and the fall will be harder than it should be. Your unemployment figures are correct. But what other investment options are better than PM. I think come next feb after the presidential race is over reality will set in. I think the next economic downturn will be worldwide and huge. Silver will be worth a couple hundred and gold will be unreachable for most. But the rich will still be able to buy. Maybe that is the plan.Crash metals get out all the little guys .Then the big guns buy all the gold as the price goes up so rapidly that the small holders that got out may not be able to buy back in. If the rich held all the gold at 2500 watch how fast it would go to 5000. So hang on through this and wait if you're still in when the big bang comes you should be sitting good

nosirrahx
05-04-2012, 07:55 PM
I think come next feb after the presidential race is over reality will set in. I think the next economic downturn will be worldwide and huge.

I have a feeling that you are right, I can picture the following happening:

As things start to go south the big guys will short the hell out of the stock market.

The $ gained will be used to buy silver and gold, this will get out of control quickly and since gold is too expensive for most, silver % will far outpace gold and become unstable.

The big guys will hold their gold but sell silver and follow up with huge short positions.

The gig guys will exit their stock shorts and reverse to long positions.

Silver will crash as people again try to go where the gains are and the market will spike briefly right before the big guys again exit and cap off the day by exiting silver shorts.

Now they will be sitting debt free on top of a pile of gold and $ while all hell breaks loose. Silver will end up higher but not at the levels where the big guys exited. The very rich will have a lot of $ and gold so they are covered either way things break down. The prepared middle class will be silver rich and the vast majority of everyone else will be in serious trouble. This of course is where the actual trouble starts.

Hardasset75
05-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I have a feeling that you are right, I can picture the following happening:

As things start to go south the big guys will short the hell out of the stock market.

The $ gained will be used to buy silver and gold, this will get out of control quickly and since gold is too expensive for most, silver % will far outpace gold and become unstable.

The big guys will hold their gold but sell silver and follow up with huge short positions.

The gig guys will exit their stock shorts and reverse to long positions.

Silver will crash as people again try to go where the gains are and the market will spike briefly right before the big guys again exit and cap off the day by exiting silver shorts.

Now they will be sitting debt free on top of a pile of gold and $ while all hell breaks loose. Silver will end up higher but not at the levels where the big guys exited. The very rich will have a lot of $ and gold so they are covered either way things break down. The prepared middle class will be silver rich and the vast majority of everyone else will be in serious trouble. This of course is where the actual trouble starts.

What does your vision show about the federal funds rate?

nosirrahx
05-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Not an expert, just could picture things shaking out this way. I can picture the rich ensuring a good position when the reset button eventually needs to be pressed.

Hardasset75
05-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Not an expert, just could picture things shaking out this way. I can picture the rich ensuring a good position when the reset button eventually needs to be pressed.

Interesting point you make. I have never thought about that. Just curious as to what you think rates will be doing with all that going on.

Chadilac
05-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Wow that is 1 in 6ish of the population on supplemental programs so they can afford to eat. If people can find a job it is said to be low paying restaurant type work or Walmart - which can't seem to get a 51% vote towards a union in North America, I guess employees care more about Walmart's bottom line and great working environment vs their own/family well being. Walmart, Costco, and Target - big box stores is where it all went wrong so badly, as they crushed small and mid cap business industry peers.

Obama waz so agst8 Keystone pipeline, but as job numbers and Gdp growth are just plain horrible he seems to have changed his tune, if only for jobs and influx of cash/tax revenue. Apple the bell-weather of sorts for the Us economy has found numerous loop-holes to avoid paying taxes. War mongering waz a help and a hinderence as it infuxed tax and manufacturing revenue which waz offset, to the negative, by the high cost of policing other nations half a world away.

With housing prices still dropping and infustructure getting more expensive and delapating yearly, it's very much a downhill slope. Little to no manufacturing, what there is, has to compete with an extremely manipulated low Yuan as well as workers who have save in their vocabulary willing to work at a fraction of American workers wages. Therefore, even with shipping costs and fairly high oil it's just not possible to compete with Asia as a whole. American buracrates who have shown their lack of fore-sight are between a rock and a hard place. If they were to highly tax or place embargos on Asias export goods; these countries will shut down more so than now their goodwill buying of American bonds - basically their debt.:eek:

If many of the governments of the world were businesses they would of gone bankrupt long ago. These people that work there have a lack of business sense and/or a vested interest in suceeding. The ball can always be passed to other levels of government or blamed on a multitude of mitigating factors. Often times I believe these programs/policies have no intention of seeking a profit.

What this means for Silver, as it is proven fact that Qe in China, Japan, Europe or other places in the world has absolutely no effect on Silver Spot. It will take Qe4 if you count operation twist as Qe3 to provide a spark to light a fire under Silver. If it doesn't happen at the end of June when operation twist ends it is not going to happen until the new year when the elections are over. :eek:

What to take from this short summary of American fiscal stability is that with a 15+ trillion dollar debt, they will attempt to inflate their way out of it. Their Oil and Natural resources will soon evolve to lessen their dependency on other countries who hold their next to worthless bonds/debt. Ben could be given scape-goat status also. Metals will rise like a Phoenix from it's depths, a time will come when even strong hands will feel like they can't take it anymore, than metals will move like a beach ball under-water.:D :)

Fusion
05-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Use your head man like you're doing.
75% of Americans are receiving some sort of government aid. Hmm let's see, is this about power? Let's make Americans dependent on the government for their livelihood, then we got their votes bc the darn conservatives who want to actually pay for these programs versus more debt are evil. Eyes wide open man. They're thief's in the night, creating dependency then the vote is a slam dunk come November. B O'B has a new power point on utube put out by his campaign taking a 3 yr old girl from age 3 to 63 living off the government. There is something seriously wrong with this. Austerity is the only hope but they'll be riots that make OWS look like a camping trip. Don't take away my food stamps. Hannity is a nut job but he had an OWS guy on last night. Go the web and watch it, then find the power point I mentioned then LMK what u think...really. 8.1% unemployment my arse...

Mike Hunt
05-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Lets look back.

QE 2 was announced just 3 days after the 2010 election.

Lorian
05-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Lets look back.

QE 2 was announced just 3 days after the 2010 election.
I also saw many such ugly measures being taken, ugly reports released, after elections. Over the past decades. Some people hope for QE but I'm not among them. Because that QE is used to buy up the goodies I produce, with nothing in return and thus a net loss.
Nevertheless, I speculated on further QE, not to avoid the losses from the past, but to avoid those from the future. Current price of silver should be seen as a max until further inflation. There will surely be further inflation, but speculating too soon on it would be like having already paid $30 an ounce silver in 2000. Even a bank account would have realized more gains today (keep in mind: gains only materialize the moment you trade).

Mike Hunt
05-05-2012, 02:01 AM
I also saw many such ugly measures being taken, ugly reports released, after elections. Over the past decades. Some people hope for QE but I'm not among them. Because that QE is used to buy up the goodies I produce, with nothing in return and thus a net loss.
Nevertheless, I speculated on further QE, not to avoid the losses from the past, but to avoid those from the future. Current price of silver should be seen as a max until further inflation. There will surely be further inflation, but speculating too soon on it would be like having already paid $30 an ounce silver in 2000. Even a bank account would have realized more gains today (keep in mind: gains only materialize the moment you trade).

I'm with you there.

I'm just mentioning it, as they wasted no time after the election last time.

If they are trying to create a big illusion before the election, it can change
very fast after the election, as before. :)