PDA

View Full Version : 4-18 [chart] in 3 weeks major drop

Got Goldies
04-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Sorry guys. This what my guru has told me. You have 3 weeks until $600. I even think that other guru to my guru agrees. Something Nader.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/luckylegs10/04-18-gold.jpg

Got Goldies
04-18-2009, 12:31 PM
someone ban this idiot please.

Its afraid???? Come on dude. Tell us why I'm an idiot??? I like to buy low. Is $865 low???

I dont know.

3 words have a Ghangis Khan mentality.

Only way I become an idiot, if my charting is wrong.

Got Goldies
04-18-2009, 12:39 PM
You want me to leave? I will leave. Dont have to ban my opinion. Just say you dont want me to speak.

I will go away then. I dont want to be threatened by a ban everytime I have an opposing opinion.

People say this cant happen. Well. It does. And can. But probably wont.

rstones199
04-18-2009, 12:42 PM
You want me to leave? I will leave. Dont have to ban my opinion. Just say you dont want me to speak.

I will go away then. I dont want to be threatened by a ban everytime I have an opposing opinion.

GG - do not be affraid of the blind mice lookig for cheese they can not find....

mcjer23
04-18-2009, 12:58 PM

A drop in gold is never a bad thing... especially now in this current climate..... why??? because it will recover and recover exceptionally well!!!! Why?? because it is undervalued!! So why will it drop?? becasue the powers at be want it to drop to restore faith in fiat.... but that won't last and gold will sore to great heights.

View this as a potential buying oppurtunity not as a death sentence!!! Hell i would even buy now on the dip down!!!!

or if all else fails you can invest in the AUD!!!!!

Got Goldies
04-18-2009, 12:59 PM
GG - do not be affraid of the blind mice lookig for cheese they can not find....

They are obviously offended by these charts. But they afraid to deabte why it wont happen. All they can do is say ban me. I dont think they can explain their position. I can explain mine. I read about it on Kitco and from a few members in the know. Like you.

Whether it happens or not Is why I post about it. I need to know.

I took alot heat from $930 topic and i was called all kind of names. So this is my last post until I find out why people cant stand an opposing opinion on the subject.

I thought everyone shares this opinion??? T=hats why I did this chart. To reflect popular views of the forum.

I will leave until people stop saying ban me.

rstones199
04-18-2009, 01:05 PM
They are obviously offended by these charts. But they afraid to deabte why it wont happen. All they can do is say ban me. I dont think they can explain their position. I can explain mine. I read about it on Kitco and from a few members in the know. Like you.

I took alot heat from $930 topic and i was called all kind of names. So this is my last post until I find out why people cant stand an opposing opinion on the subject.

I thought everyone shares this opinion??? T=hats why I did this chart. To reflect popular views of the forum.

The blind mice are starving and can not find the cheese. Hunger breeds hostility.

denaliguide
04-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Oh the torrents of words and assertions with no substance.

Oh I think Elliott Wave is pretty. Not terribly accurate, but dont tell that to an EW entusiast.

Maybe ya need a room, but I think "wide open spaces" might help.

Post your opinion, please, it just adds to the noise level. Once you figure out how to filter the signals thru the noise, then you got something.

I dont know if your guru can beat my guru. I fired my guru years ago, dont know where he/she/it ended up. Good LUCK

OK, supply the Objective or Mathematical Items in evidence to build a logical case in support of your assertion.

Can you please supply us with the actual numbers in the data you use to make decisions?

1. Where is the actual price of gold, in the street, physical, as opposed to the paper, relative to its 200 DMA or 30 WMA?

2. How do long or short term interest rates support or resist those price levels you speak of ?

3. What indicators are you using to determine polarity shifts, ahead of time?

These are a few of the preliminary indicators I'd begin to look at before I'd start to form an opinion. Altho I dont post the results in my blog or on other social networking, the links are in my profile.

DG

Sorry guys. This what my guru has told me. You have 3 weeks until $600. I even think that other guru to my guru agrees. Something Nader.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/luckylegs10/04-18-gold.jpg

EReal
04-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Next week will be key to watch for the US$ and stock market. I think if the US$ and stocks keep rallying gold will take a major hit. But I don't think $600 is likely. Support will show up in the low 800s first, and if it can have a solid rally from there... 600 is history. Also 600 would put a lot of miners out of business. I don't think "they" would want it to go below 700

Remember China http://www.fxstreet.com/news/forex-news/article.aspx?StoryId=82afe43d-8d3c-494d-894d-113c196ed750
Old article, but they will act on this at some point. They are buying other commodities right now.

GS2099
04-18-2009, 01:16 PM
don't quit your day job... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBp5ag6SJH4) :p

PS
THIS CHART (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkhVhUDqfXk) indicates STRONG SUPPORT!!!:eek:

gold stacks
04-18-2009, 01:22 PM
gg has over 19,000 posts and has been around a while.. for a newb with only 6 posts to start calling people names and talk about who should be banned is almost comical...

last year gold dropped to 680 after going first to 1033 ...

600 is a possibilty...

and, gg, post on!

gs

hollander
04-18-2009, 01:24 PM

I wouldn't say you need to be banned, aux contraire: I value people with contrarian opions very much: it helps me think about things I otherwise might not see.

But, if I may, and I do mean this with sincere feelings: your messages often seem to be very (extremely :() cryptical: it may be because english is not my native language (I'm Dutch :D), and/or it may be because you base your messages on TA which I actually don't have much of a clue of, but if I could ask you for a favor: I would be very happy if you would post messages assuming your audience (at least me) is still in kindergarten, hence: explain in some perhaps more easy words and clear reasoning what your assumptions are and how you get to your conclusions.

;)

insidedealer
04-18-2009, 01:29 PM
GG....somehow I think your self-ban won't last too long. You need the attention. Anyway, it's good to have differing opinions. You yourself differ from day to day. Keep on posting.
PS. You have lots of guru's. This particular opinion intrigues me. If your guru's guru believes it...it must be trueru:eek:

Got Goldies
04-18-2009, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't say you need to be banned, aux contraire: I value people with contrarian opions very much: it helps me think about things I otherwise might not see.

But, if I may, and I do mean this with sincere feelings: your messages often seem to be very (extremely :() cryptical: it may be because english is not my native language (I'm Dutch :D), and/or it may be because you base your messages on TA which I actually don't have much of a clue of, but if I could ask you for a favor: I would be very happy if you would post messages assuming your audience (at least me) is still in kindergarten, hence: explain in some perhaps more easy words and clear reasoning what your assumptions are and how you get to your conclusions.

;)

Sure. My charting is not actually my opinion. Only a couple charts I post are my true opinion. Like my jack charts. Those I believe. If I post an on the fly chart its one that have a popular backing on the forum. Popular opinion is always usually wrong.

My message are cryptic because I have alot of friends who can understand it so we dont get screwed over by the sharks. The sharks are people looking to do us harm. Like some kind of Hommel saying to buy when we should sell. When was the last time Hommel said sell $20 or $14?? Or $1000 Gold?

I have proof about recommending Gold selling above $900. Many places. Even last year.

But like my other fan said, a junior member trying to flame my opinion that is not my opinion but everyone's else... why ban me for talking the drop to $600 that I have heard so many times over from fellow members or you guys?? Thats is not my position. But I post it because it could happen and want to explore it more.

Maybe people are afraid I have pull?? I dont have pull. I just have an opinion.

famous
04-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Hey GG,

Please don't go. Don't go away, we want you to stay. PPPLEEEASE don't go, Don't go.

In all seriousness. I am not pissed off and don't want anyone to leave...Not even rstone199(well maybe rstone199)...No really.

If $600 is the price great, if the price is $2500...even better. The idea that I am never going to sell makes $600 great. I will buy more but when people bring there own masturbatory fantasies and unleash it on the board is a bit strange...right rstone199.

famous

rstones199
04-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey GG,

Please don't go. Don't go away, we want you to stay. PPPLEEEASE don't go, Don't go.

In all seriousness. I am not pissed off and don't want anyone to leave...Not even rstone199(well maybe rstone199)...No really.

If $600 is the price great, if the price is $2500...even better. The idea that I am never going to sell makes $600 great. I will buy more but when people bring there own masturbatory fantasies and unleash it on the board is a bit strange...right rstone199.

famous

Roger that!

MAG_FX
04-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Good Work Gg Keep It Up
I Like Your Analysis

audiotom
04-19-2009, 08:16 AM
gg - I for one value contrarian positions
none of us know all that is going on behind the scenes either

you may just want to realize that you don't have to be the alt viewpoint in every post for every nanno second around here

if your position is tenuable - state it
don't overstate it into oblivion
thanks for your contributions here

neildavis2002
04-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Actually guys, there are a few people in some of the other discussions that are anticipating a drop to somewhere in the $600 dollar range for gold. But they are expecting it to happen over the coming summer months, not in the next three weeks. Summer has historically been a weak period for gold and this summer is expected to be no different. Expect prices to bottom out in September, maybe August.

This idea is based on Eliiott wave theory. A large wave 1 topped out at $1033 last March. Keep in mind this wave 1 was ten years in the making. The downturn since $1033 is the corrective wave 2, and if it only lasts a year and a half, we should consider ourselves fortunate. The corrective wave 2 theoretically consists of a A-B-C wave. A is down, B is up, and C is down again. The price of $681 we saw last october could be considered wave A, the recent top of over $1000 in February could be seen as wave B, and now the current downturn is the beginnings of wave C. I plan on waiting for the end of summer when gold is sub-700 to pile into some gold stocks and then watch them take off. The large wave 3 beginning this fall should be nothing short of spectacular, as the trillions of newly created money begin to flow into the economy.

This is not my original idea but I thought it was worth sharing with you because I found it interesting and it made sense. And if the analysis is wrong, then I suppose I will have missed the boat. DYODD.

digbird
04-19-2009, 10:14 AM
I like your explanation neildavis2002, very well said. Most of us only have (or should have) less than 20% in our portfolios as far as mining/gold/silver stocks. A stop loss helps take care of any sudden drop. As for physical holdings, that's a different plan... insurance of sorts. I like opinions from both sides, from Jon Nader, GG and others as well as from the ultra bull side. I rather like the freedom of speech. Were all grown ups here and can make our own decisions whether to buy,sell or hold. This is not an exact science being an investor in these times, charting works, but then comes along a radical news broadcast and throws the charts out with the bath water some days. If it was a sure thing, then we would all be well off.

krugger2
04-19-2009, 10:23 AM
If GG gets banned again, I wouldn't know how to trade. I do all my buying and selling based on his charts and recommendations. GG, da Guru. :)

rstones199
04-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Actually guys, there are a few people in some of the other discussions that are anticipating a drop to somewhere in the $600 dollar range for gold. But they are expecting it to happen over the coming summer months, not in the next three weeks. Summer has historically been a weak period for gold and this summer is expected to be no different. Expect prices to bottom out in September, maybe August.

This idea is based on Eliiott wave theory. A large wave 1 topped out at $1033 last March. Keep in mind this wave 1 was ten years in the making. The downturn since $1033 is the corrective wave 2, and if it only lasts a year and a half, we should consider ourselves fortunate. The corrective wave 2 theoretically consists of a A-B-C wave. A is down, B is up, and C is down again. The price of $681 we saw last october could be considered wave A, the recent top of over $1000 in February could be seen as wave B, and now the current downturn is the beginnings of wave C. I plan on waiting for the end of summer when gold is sub-700 to pile into some gold stocks and then watch them take off. The large wave 3 beginning this fall should be nothing short of spectacular, as the trillions of newly created money begin to flow into the economy.

This is not my original idea but I thought it was worth sharing with you because I found it interesting and it made sense. And if the analysis is wrong, then I suppose I will have missed the boat. DYODD.

Im calling for $600 gold because inflation adjusted over a 30 year period, that is about where gold should be in todays dollars. At 800-1000, I truly beleive it is overpriced.

rstones199
04-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Well, the fact that he has 19.000 post over 12 months only shows how big of a miserable freak he is. The last thing we need is someone posting nonsense 52 times a day, let alone opening threads.

I've been lurking as long as he has been posting, and I think that knowing when to keep your mouth shut deserves a lot more respect than posting nonsense day in and day out.

Nep with his whole 9 post is trying to punk out the GG. OH dear! One would think that blind mice should stay to lurking for thier cheese!

texarcana
04-19-2009, 11:39 AM
its either the USD or gold turning, against something broader.....not sure what it is or will happen, markets might keep going, correct somewhat and keep going again, or simply waterfall into summer..........when the credit crisi hit in september, gold went up temporarily and came down hard to $700, when rational people were saying gold is supposed to go up in a crisis. This baffled many. Since many now talk of much lower gold, seems to be that i would not be surprised now that gold does the reverse of expectaions and holds relativelt stable $860-$900, higher than the left shoulder low and higher than the 1980 hgih....consolidate and generate a new floor and as time rolls along and more of the reality of record mind numbing losses get declared, and people lose confidence in the USD, something is gonna turn and when it turns it is gonna turn big.......gold has never gone to $0, many fiat currencies used for thousands of years have gone to $0......the chinese have been dealing with this for thousands of years. Every couple hundred years.....probably close to the 224 year cucle, the paper money folds or coinage manipulations callapses and gets revamped.
when paper money becomes a liability as opposed to an asset, the tide will turn.....I hope not as things will get so much tougher.....the real crisis i believe is ahead.......currency battles for survival.

Law97
04-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Since many now talk of much lower gold, seems to be that i would not be surprised now that gold does the reverse of expectaions

I would have also thought gold would be coming down, but it seems sentiment here is reaching a bearish extreme. Yes, there are still some permanent to-da-moon-types, but most of the posters are now to some degree bearish.

If it's one thing I've learned in a couple of decades of trading, it's that the market generally does the opposite of what most expect, especially in volatile markets. Sentiment here has decidedly shifted from mostly bullish back at what turned out to be the spring top in gold, to mostly bearish now. The previous tops and botoms in gold over the last year have also fit this pattern nicely.

Therefore, I am going to hold my gold positions through at least next week. I agree gold won't retake $1K until late this year at the soonest when inflation starts showing up, but I believe short-term we will see a major bounce back up to the mid-900's. The technicals also show that we are very oversold, sitting at support, and are overdue for a bounce. Although the bounce may take us all the way to $950-960, my plan is to play this bounce conservatively up to the $925 area before taking profits.

hollander
04-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Im calling for $600 gold because inflation adjusted over a 30 year period, that is about where gold should be in todays dollars. At 800-1000, I truly beleive it is overpriced.

How do you calculate that?

850*1,06^30=4881
850*1,03^30=2063

rstones199
04-20-2009, 10:28 AM
How do you calculate that?

850*1,06^30=4881
850*1,03^30=2063

1975 Gold was 163. Inflation adjusted $644 in todays dollars

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

famous
04-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey good buddy,

Hows your platinum? By the way, the reason platinum has seen its days is simple. There is a ground swell for alternative energy vehicles. For instance, Obama has a thing for Nat Gas. America has an endless supply. It burns clean. No need for catalytic converters. The Gasoline car will start seeing that last of it day over the next 20 years which means ever declining need for cat. conv. so platinum will go the way of aluminum...a once reveared industrial metal gone to the jewlers below the cost of Gold as a currency.

I am so glad you are here Rstone. You are the contrarian canary in the coal mines.

So what's next on your agenda? I need to make a quick buck so I need you to give me some advice.:D :eek:

Feral child
04-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Nep with his whole 9 post is trying to punk out the GG. OH dear! One would think that blind mice should stay to lurking for thier cheese!

OOPS! Maybe not no mo'--- Seems to have gone MIA :confused:

Who'da thunk it?

famous
04-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey EU is going electric Cars...If thy make them out of solid platinum you'll be fine.:D :eek:

chancemonky
04-20-2009, 11:05 AM
I want more "Tales From the Cryptic" :D

Don't platypus out on us GG.

rstones199
04-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey good buddy,

Hows your platinum? By the way, the reason platinum has seen its days is simple. There is a ground swell for alternative energy vehicles. For instance, Obama has a thing for Nat Gas. America has an endless supply. It burns clean. No need for catalytic converters. The Gasoline car will start seeing that last of it day over the next 20 years which means ever declining need for cat. conv. so platinum will go the way of aluminum...a once reveared industrial metal gone to the jewlers below the cost of Gold as a currency.

I am so glad you are here Rstone. You are the contrarian canary in the coal mines.

So what's next on your agenda? I need to make a quick buck so I need you to give me some advice.:D :eek:

LOL - you're funny, I'll give you that!

Platinum is doing the pullback we are expecting. A dip to 1100-1120 is healthy here, before moving up.

got out of FAS this monring, got into FAZ. A pullback for the dow to 7200 would be good too. :eek:

See the trend is my friend - but friends come and go.....

hollander
04-20-2009, 11:32 AM
1975 Gold was 163. Inflation adjusted $644 in todays dollars

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

Could I ask why you take 1975?

rstones199
04-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Could I ask why you take 1975?

1975 was an example. Go back the last 30 years and do a average.

I went back over 37 years (my age deal with it) - you should know the thread with the spreadsheet. Average is $607 an ounce inflation adjusted.

hollander
04-20-2009, 12:15 PM
1975 was an example. Go back the last 30 years and do a average.

I went back over 37 years (my age deal with it) - you should know the thread with the spreadsheet. Average is $607 an ounce inflation adjusted.

My point is this: when I asked about the inflation protection capabilities of gold myself (doubting, well at least questioning, it), one or two weeks ago, I got my *** kicked (:D) by some gentlemen over here who politely told me that picking the wrong time frame produces wrong results. This is why I asked you if you had any particular reason for picking a particular timeframe.

;)

rstones199
04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
My point is this: when I asked about the inflation protection capabilities of gold myself (doubting, well at least questioning, it), one or two weeks ago, I got my *** kicked (:D) by some gentlemen over here who politely told me that picking the wrong time frame produces wrong results. This is why I asked you if you had any particular reason for picking a particular timeframe.

;)

IN 71 the gold standard was abolished.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_standard

led President Richard Nixon to eliminate the fixed gold price in 1971,

So basically by averaging the inflation adjusted cost out since 71, gives one a good idea what the value of gold is. Right now, I fully believe it is over priced.

Yes, by picking the wrong time frame will give you wrong results. Im taking the whole time frame.

MAG_FX
04-20-2009, 12:23 PM
why GG got banned???

hollander
04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
IN 71 the gold standard was abolished.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_standard

So basically by averaging the inflation adjusted cost out since 71, gives one a good idea what the value of gold is. Right now, I fully believe it is over priced.

Yes, by picking the wrong time frame will give you wrong results. Im taking the whole time frame.

I just posted this in response to your other thread:

On the other hand, if I take the gold price of 1793, when it was at $19,39, the gold price adjusted for inflation would be 19,39*1,03^215 = 11,157.87 :D

That was my point: picking an arbitrary period is likely to produce an arbitrary outcome :p

rstones199
04-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I just posted this in response to your other thread:

On the other hand, if I take the gold price of 1793, when it was at $19,39, the gold price adjusted for inflation would be 19,39*1,03^215 = 11,157.87 :D

That was my point: picking an arbitrary period is likely to produce an arbitrary outcome :p

We need to stick to one thread! :D

famous
04-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey,

so gold pulls back a little and its going to $600. Platinum pulls back and its a healthy correction...I hope so...for your sakes.

rstones199
04-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey,

so gold pulls back a little and its going to $600. Platinum pulls back and its a healthy correction...I hope so...for your sakes.

But famous, you see my good man, gold has had a triple top, platinum is in an uptrend. Two different scenerios :D

MrBond
04-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Odd day today, Platinum down and gold up...

But famous, you see my good man, gold has had a triple top, platinum is in an uptrend. Two different scenerios :D

CarRide
04-20-2009, 07:02 PM

Wow! It sure did. Thank goodness that was the minute interval chart (right?) and the daily chart shows a double bottom.