PDA

View Full Version : Criminal proceedings against JPMorgan?!?

Guardian
10-13-2010, 12:18 AM
From Harvey Organ's site tonight

"Bix Weir and others have heard rumours that the CFTC will announce that criminal proceedings will occur against JPMorgan in the silver scandal"

Got Goldies
10-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Ted Butler will be happy about this. I just hope all the dip in Silver are gone. Silver is a runaway freight train.

AgStacker
10-13-2010, 12:32 AM
This rumor has made the rounds several times over the last few months. I wouldn't bet on it, but it could happen.

Guardian
10-13-2010, 12:41 AM
I guess the only reason I give it any credence (and haven't over the last 3 years) is that we are reaching a boiling point of global awakening to the metals. the world is a pretty big place when everyone wants something of finite nature.

IF you believe there is manipulation, THEN at some point this will have to be addressed and rectified to regain some kind of balance.

I don't see silver as the great meldown barometer that gold is considered. If gold were to melt up, then trust in fiat currency comes into play. Silver can make a blast off, and it wouldn't necessarily mean that fiat is on the death bed.

Silver is still considered and industrial metal by many.

So why couldn't they hang someone at fault, and then claim that they will get the situation under control? Nothing left to see here folks?

Heck. Why couldn't the big shorts step back from their positions, and simply front run the longs coming in? they do it in the stock market. they could do it here as well.

SilverGal
10-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Imagine JPM going bankrupt bc of the silver shorts (and mortgage fraud).... can you just imagine what that would do to the POS?! It could happen you know... Bear Stearns went bankrupt bc of that same reason....

spartacus
10-13-2010, 03:51 AM
does CFTC have the authority to launch a CRIMINAL case?

isn't there's a special tribunal for commodities law? Butler was once taken before that court, something about frozen concentrated orange juice?

From Harvey Organ's site tonight

"Bix Weir and others have heard rumours that the CFTC will announce that criminal proceedings will occur against JPMorgan in the silver scandal"

revitup
10-13-2010, 09:17 AM
How about a class action and we all sign up!?

hpw12
10-13-2010, 09:18 AM
How about a class action and we all sign up!?

X2............

Kookcollector
10-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Imagine JPM going bankrupt bc of the silver shorts (and mortgage fraud).... can you just imagine what that would do to the POS?! It could happen you know... Bear Stearns went bankrupt bc of that same reason....

Well if the books and records of JPM are to be believed....JPM earns enough profit, such that they could stand to lose a billion dollars each and every month and still stay in the black.

So NOPE...even if they lose a couple of billion dollars on silver as a result of the latest, huge price spikes in the PM market....

It won't even phase em any.
It's only pocket change to em.
:eek:

halfhunter
10-13-2010, 11:42 AM
What is the difference here?

I'm guessing that a criminal case would have to be prosecuted by the Justice Dept.? Company executives might be fined and/or imprisioned?
A civil case would only involve possible fines?

HH

AgStacker
10-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Correct and mostly correct, a civil case could also result in rulings on actions. The judge could fine and enjoin from future behavior like those that brought on the fines.

I'm guessing that a criminal case would have to be prosecuted by the Justice Dept.? Company executives might be fined and/or imprisioned?

HH

Kookcollector
10-13-2010, 12:06 PM

HH

I always thought that it would be impossible for the Justice Department to file criminal charges against the JPM manipulators since they were essentially working for the US government during the timing of the alleged criminal offenses. :mad:

However, last night on TV, I noticed that the CIA was involved in an incident of kidnapping terrorist in Italy and then torturing them.

In turn, the Italian authorities became aware of the kidnappings and even though they were aware that they were the result of official American operations...the CIA employees were charged and convicted in absentia.

The American authorities were aware that the CIA agents were being tried and convicted of the crimes but refused to invoke the Diplomatic immunity defense because they didn't want to disclose the pertinent details of the operation.

So "yes" I guess the American government will authorize and command a select group of governmental employees to break the law and then subsequently charge them with the actual crime that was committed.

But the bottom line is that their all scum bags ....so therefore, I hope they do charge and convict all the JPM employees.