PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Platinum will keep up with Gold/Silver during moonshot?

chrisiden
10-25-2010, 12:50 AM
i for one unloaded my Platinum for Gold a few months back and traded for silver recently... am playing with ratios...
i dont know history of Platinum well enough to know if it will still out perform Gold if a moonshot or parabolic move starts..

your thoughts???

monedas
10-25-2010, 07:35 PM
i for one unloaded my Platinum for Gold a few months back and traded for silver recently... am playing with ratios...
i dont know history of Platinum well enough to know if it will still out perform Gold if a moonshot or parabolic move starts..

your thoughts???
......are hoping for the day when the Au/Ag and Pt/Ag ratios narrow so we can trade some Ag for Au and Pt ! We would gain portability, hideability and indestructability !.............I think it's a good plan to own metals all the time and never be out of them - trade the ratios and hopefully increase your holdings !............That one hour 1000 point Dow plunge, then the Sept. 27 (?) run on the dollar show us the "House of Cards" could collapse any moment ! Never, never be naked at this point in the game ! :eek:

monedas
10-25-2010, 07:58 PM
your thoughts???

I think Ag will gain ratio on Au + Pt and to a lesser extent Au will gain ratio on Pt.............which I think we've seen recently ! The only explanation I have is that most, new, panicky money will go to known metals ! After the panic runs it's course Pt will pull ahead ! IMHO ! :)

MoMoney
10-25-2010, 08:23 PM
On another thread, someone called PT "Detroit Gutter Metal"!:eek:
Pretty funny, very sarcastic.
They ARE plating a lot of silver jewelry with PT nowadays. I prefer my PT solid cause that's the kinda' girl I am! (sorry, couldn't resist). ;)

Argiros
10-25-2010, 10:25 PM
During the moonshot, no. After, yes. Trade ratios. It works. I find it much more indicative of real situation thats charts and graphs. Of course nuances shift, you adjust acoordingly DYDD, but I like that best. But that could be because I find its simple, and just an amature so its easy to understand. But most importantly, it works - I think thats why I like it best. Again, nuances shift, and you adjust acoordingly.

Take for example, back when you had $300 Au & $5 Ag, it was 60:1. Now, you have 23.50 ag and 1340 au. Or 57:1. Thats up from 63:1 a month or 2 ago. So now, I'd buy 2/3 gold & pt and 1/3rd ag & pd. When ag gets to 63 and Pd : pt is 3.2-3.5:1, buy 2/3rds ag and pd. Of course this is all in my "Fantasy Stacking League" (FSL, my new invetion :p ), where I have disposable funds to allocate... :p :o

Hey Kitco, maybe you could help us start the FSL, we could see who stacks the best with fake stuff or course :D

monedas
10-25-2010, 10:48 PM

They stayed because the gutters were made of Platinum ? :)

captbilly
10-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Pretty funny, very sarcastic.
They ARE plating a lot of silver jewelry with PT nowadays. I prefer my PT solid cause that's the kinda' girl I am! (sorry, couldn't resist). ;)

I have never seen platinum plated silver, could you tell me where you have seen it? I'd like to check it out.

It would make some sense to platinum plate due to platinum's incredible corrosion resistance but I have just never heard of such a thing. My wife has a fair amount of old family jewelry that is solid platinum (in the early 1900s platinum was substantially less expensive than gold, of course diamonds were also relatively much cheaper as well), but nothing that is plated. There used to be quite a bit of rhodium plated jewelry, but I suspect that as the price of rhodium has skyrocketed the amount of rhodium plating has dropped.