PDA

View Full Version : Tas tiger will be $1000

Got Goldies
10-28-2010, 04:06 PM
This coin is going to be just as expensive as the redback in about 1 year.

This is a private photo of mine.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/luckylegs10/IMG_0001_19.jpg

The cases are better than the deadly and dangerous series. Buy as many as you can.

Greenback
10-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Nice private photo, I think you should take a picture of the Tas next to the Red back Spider to really drive the point home.

II DALTON II
10-28-2010, 04:34 PM
I still can't find any anywhere that lets you buy more than one. Got one from Euro Co****ions but want more. Might get my mam and my dad to buy me one each for my birthday in 2 weeks?

Got Goldies
10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Apmx has another redback spider for nearly $1400. Tas is extinct.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/luckylegs10/IMG_0001_20.jpg

II DALTON II
10-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Nice pic GG.

So was the redback the first in the D&D series?

If so the parallels make me glad I at least managed to get one. I saw one of them go for $190 plus shipping on the bay a few days ago :eek:.

This coin is getting so much interest already.

How long was the Redback out for before it started getting a lot of attention?

Got Goldies
10-28-2010, 07:38 PM
The redback was the first issue. I didn't know this Tasmanian Tiger was an extinct series until 2 weeks ago. I think I said if it is a series then you should buy this. When the 2nd coin comes out, hairy elephant? then it will zoom to $1400. I can buy more at apmx for $170.

Pitcom
10-28-2010, 08:11 PM
The redback was the first issue. I didn't know this Tasmanian Tiger was an extinct series until 2 weeks ago. I think I said if it is a series then you should buy this. When the 2nd coin comes out, hairy elephant? then it will zoom to $1400. I can buy more at apmx for $170.

Forget apmx, there is another collectible site who is selling them for 30 dollars cheaper if you are willing to pay it. I've ordered from them before with no problems. I also ordered one from euro place myself.

Got Goldies
10-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Forget apmx, there is another collectible site who is selling them for 30 dollars cheaper if you are willing to pay it. I've ordered from them before with no problems. I also ordered one from euro place myself.

Can you post the name? I might have the link already. Its not talisman?

II DALTON II
10-28-2010, 09:26 PM
I found a site selling them for $99 including shipping. I am tempted...

PSUDave
10-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I just ordered 2 at $81/each.

jackrabbit
10-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I usually never buy coins like this, but I just bought one for $81 at the Australian mint's US site. I don't really care if its ever valuable, I just love the way it looks!

JROCPW
10-29-2010, 02:07 AM
I usually never buy coins like this, but I just bought one for $81 at the Australian mint's US site. I don't really care if its ever valuable, I just love the way it looks!

Wow. Sold out. Missed it by that much Chief... :(

Downings, right?

jackrabbit
10-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Wow. Sold out. Missed it by that much Chief... :(

Downings, right?

There are still some left, its downies not downings.

II DALTON II
10-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I just ordered 2 at $81/each.

Did you get the second one sent to a different address?

I tried ordering 2 and got an email 2 days later saying they would only be charging me for and dispatching one to my home because of 1 per customer policy.

Is there a second site selling them for $81?

JROCPW
10-29-2010, 11:05 AM
There are still some left, its downies not downings.

Wow! Thanks man, just ordered one. :)

Maybe I clicked the wrong section the first time around, glad you pointed it out!

jackrabbit
10-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Wow! Thanks man, just ordered one. :)

Maybe I clicked the wrong section the first time around, glad you pointed it out!

Great! Like I said, these coins are not my thing, but I really like this one. With only 5000 available, I can't imagine they will be available for long!

PSUDave
10-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Did you get the second one sent to a different address?

I tried ordering 2 and got an email 2 days later saying they would only be charging me for and dispatching one to my home because of 1 per customer policy.

Is there a second site selling them for $81?

No, I didn't see anything about only one when I ordered. Maybe I'll be getting the same email soon, who knows?

jackrabbit
10-29-2010, 01:16 PM
No, I didn't see anything about only one when I ordered. Maybe I'll be getting the same email soon, who knows?

I hope you do. I just ordered 1 and promptly got the confirmation email. I think if you order more than 1 you run the risk of perhaps getting 0, when it explicitly states that it is one per address.

Greenback
10-29-2010, 02:47 PM
I just ordered 1 for that reason, I didn't want to end up with none. It's a nice looking coin.

Guardian
10-29-2010, 05:30 PM
...cause I just followed everyone off the cliff and bought one :D

I won't sell until it's at least $1,000 buckaroonies :cool:

GG...you got me again with these really cool coins. This is by far the most expensive 1oz of siver I have ever bought.

Stop tempting me!!! :o

Perth has the coolest stuff. I almost bought the Shroud of Turin coin with hologram...but it wasn't pure silver. Sure was neat though.

It's an addiction I tells ya!

MoMoney
10-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Apmx has another redback spider for nearly $1400. Tas is extinct.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/luckylegs10/IMG_0001_20.jpg

Dear GG;
I like your D&D Spider, it has a lot of visual appeal.
I'm not so crazy about the Extinct Tas but I understand why you bought it from a "numi" stance.
Do you know what other animals will be featured in the Extinct series other than a hairy elephant? For some reason, I think I remember seeing something about a White Tiger....which might be very cool! :)

Got Goldies
10-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Mo Money, how many here can post a photo of a redback next to a tazmo? That is the box downey's in Newport sends.
You'll love this coin. I'm waiting for my redback to go up to $2000.

Sabertooth??

Greenback
10-29-2010, 06:29 PM
I think it would be better if they only put animals that checked out within a hundred years or so. Like the Dodo Bird...

MoMoney
10-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Mo Money, how many here can post a photo of a redback next to a tazmo? That is the box downey's in Newport sends.
You'll love this coin. I'm waiting for my redback to go up to $2000.

Sabertooth??

Dear GG;
Oh yes, I love the photo but perhaps when you get the chance, do the coins justice & use a better background, for posterity sake.;)
I hope you don't mind me suggesting that?
Perhaps a piece of silk or animal print, velvet or something.
Very nice coins and I commend you on your purchases!

Guardian
10-29-2010, 06:49 PM
GG,

What do you think about the snake and the croc under the deadly series?

Do you think they will also jump...or is it just the first in a series that wins the game?

Thank you.

Got Goldies
10-29-2010, 07:03 PM
You guys are so demanding of me.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/luckylegs10/IMG_0001_21.jpg

MoMoney
10-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Dear GG;
Very, very nice pic & great background!
Goes with your "Blast Off" signature line! :)

Got Goldies
10-29-2010, 07:39 PM
GG,

What do you think about the snake and the croc under the deadly series?

Do you think they will also jump...or is it just the first in a series that wins the game?

Thank you.

Just the first or last coin. I prefer the middle like Battle of hastings. The one that worth the most is first issue like Superman comics.

Mo Money the background says a couple things, alert 5, and deadly and dangerouss.

Guardian
10-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Thank you GG,

That makes perfect sense.

I remember having the first Fantastic Four and a whole bunch of other comics in the early years, and trading them for other worthless comics because I actually enjoyed reading them:) Turned out to be a big mistake.

So unless the hairy gorilla tarantua elephant is really cool...I'll probably walk away.

But I must admit the spider is reeeaaallly cool! The Great White is also super duper in it's awesomeness.

Got Goldies
10-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Well, the thing to do is get a complete set, and get more of the first issue.

Mammoth.
http://www.rocksandminerals.com/fossil/mammoth/mammoth1.jpg

Guardian
10-29-2010, 08:41 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA!

The Woooly Mammoth rises from the ashes to kick some asses!!!!

JP Morgan up to bat...next comes HSBC....

I'm betting on the Mammoth.

merlinsword
10-29-2010, 10:30 PM
The T. Tiger is an extinct animal , so this is going to be a series of extincts ? ?

anything less then $100 , I say buy AS MANY AS POSSIBLE

Driven by vast numbers of children , and Grands , I wound up with A LOT of D & Ds . . . I am always a buyer at mintage of 5000 or less.

Greenback
10-30-2010, 07:16 AM
The Mammoth would be cool, but it's been gone for too long. You might as well have Dinosaurs on there too...

The Dodo Bird should be the next one.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac240/LifeisGQQD/Dodo_bird.jpg

II DALTON II
10-30-2010, 11:26 AM
I just ordered another one. I now have 2 in the mail :D.

Lets hope it does become the next Redback.

blingbling
10-30-2010, 03:44 PM
If you ask me, this is your next $1000 coin.

only 999 minted from Benin, face value 1000 Francs, year 2010, .999 silver (watch out because there is a silver plated clad one too produced by the mint) and the actual leaf is scented. Check out how much the are going on the bay site and I'll bet you it will go for much more than what they are going for now in 5 yrs.

Got Goldies
11-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Which Silver coin is worth over $1000?

GS_Stacker
11-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I bought a couple of these, GG, when first released.
I hope you are right
Ive seen Redbacks, going for over $1800Au, but I am not sure If anyone was silly enough, to buy, at that price.
I know, I wouldnt...and am pushing the limit, at the $89.00 price tag, I paid for these.

Hmmm.....
I think youre right!!
Sold Out at Perth Mint, so did a search on Aussie Ebay, hoping to pick up another couple.
You can Buy It Now, for between $150, and $250..
Bids are averaging out at $100+ with a couple hours to go

JudyG

MoMoney
11-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Which Silver coin is worth over $1000?

GG;
Ok, I'll bite and say Tas but not $1,000. yet.
Secondly, what drinks are you serving? Post a pic!!! :)

II DALTON II
11-04-2010, 08:20 PM
1 of mine is at teh Post Office. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning- can't wait :D.

Gotta pay 5% VAT when I get there though :(.

Guardian
11-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Awesome!

Thanks to GG, this is will be my most expensive piece of silver.

Still waiting for my "meow" coin!

II DALTON II
11-05-2010, 09:33 AM
I got it. Must say it is a beautiful coin.

I'll post a pic tomorrow.

shorttimer1
11-07-2010, 11:55 AM
So how long did it take to receive it? I just ordered one a few days ago and had my sister do the same.

A question regarding these type of coins. I have only collected bars and 90% for years and never the numi stuff. I was looking at the baby bush series and see that when they added a new coin it was sold out in less than 12 hours. People said the shops are buying them up by the hundreds then just to post them on the bay for a quick profit. I just want to make certain I will be able to buy additional ones in the set through the mint. Just don't know if I want to get into this type of collecting as well.

Thanks

ps I also ordered the John Lennon coin after hearing about it on npr.

JROCPW
11-07-2010, 12:52 PM
So how long did it take to receive it? I just ordered one a few days ago and had my sister do the same.

A question regarding these type of coins. I have only collected bars and 90% for years and never the numi stuff. I was looking at the baby bush series and see that when they added a new coin it was sold out in less than 12 hours. People said the shops are buying them up by the hundreds then just to post them on the bay for a quick profit. I just want to make certain I will be able to buy additional ones in the set through the mint. Just don't know if I want to get into this type of collecting as well.

Thanks

ps I also ordered the John Lennon coin after hearing about it on npr.

Ordered one, got my bro to order one as well. We have the same billing address (different shipping tho). Was billed, but now it's disappeared from my statement, think they canceled it on me. Apparently they don't like that, or they've sold out. Either way, I've not received any e-mail. :(

Oh well, my foray into non-bullion/junk obviously didn't get approved by the silver gods. :p

Greenback
11-18-2010, 08:35 PM
My Tiger came in today, I am very impressed with the quality of this coin. A keeper for me! I hope they add some more to the series.

PSUDave
11-18-2010, 09:55 PM
My Tiger came in today, I am very impressed with the quality of this coin. A keeper for me! I hope they add some more to the series.

Wouldn't be much of a series with only one coin, huh? ;) Still waiting on mine. My cc was charged, no coin yet though.

shorttimer1
11-18-2010, 10:12 PM
I got mine today as well. Beautiful coin.

I got an e-mail from PM when inquiring about this coin and she replied that it is the first in a series, and there would be more following but they have not officially released the name of the series yet. I have the e-mail if you want to see exactly what she said but that is pretty much it.

shorttimer1

jackrabbit
11-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Got mine today. It is really beautiful and worth every penny.

James007
11-20-2010, 02:13 AM

Guys can you imagine how many more collectors we will have in the next 12-36 monthes!

James007
11-20-2010, 02:15 AM

Guys can you imagine how many more collectors we will have in the next 12-36 monthes! I think we could double the number of collectors in the next 12-24 monthes. Does anybody have a kook or panda chart for the last 2 years?

wgadget
11-20-2010, 09:32 AM
My tiger came yesterday..I think the back is cooler than the front. :cool:

II DALTON II
11-20-2010, 10:54 AM
I want more of these. May ask for a few more for Xmas?

Greenback
11-21-2010, 10:05 AM
My tiger came yesterday..I think the back is cooler than the front. :cool:

That is usually a given :)

I might get some more.

opiumbox2000
11-21-2010, 10:27 AM
If Tiger Then Crash

Tiger

Therefore, Crash

shorttimer1
11-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I checked on Friday and noticed that the Down*** site is all sold out. Thought it was a good price, $91, as the other places wanted so much more.

That is usually a given :)

I might get some more.

II DALTON II
11-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Damn it. They are impossible to find at a decent price anymore.

BTW A***X has them listed as the first of a series. They value it at $180 already :D.

http://www.apmex.com/Category/1175/Extinct_Animal_Series_Perth_Mint.aspx

Congrats to anyone who bought one before the spike in price. Thanks again for the point out GG, I truly do believe this coin will go to $1000 or so when the rest of the series comes out.

Legio Patria Nostra
11-21-2010, 03:30 PM
I received mine yesterday ...nice coin ....not the best of my stack ..but nice

For James 007 ...the best coin of this year ( so far ) IMO
Cameroon 2010 Shroud of Turin Hologram Silver Proof

But I agree with the most .... concerning price .... Tasmanian Tiger will go up .... not towards $1000 but has the possibility for a nice return

leftylarue
11-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Anyone that would pay $1k for a painted one ounce silver coin is significantly impaired. I don't even understand paying the current asking price @ the Perth Mint. It's a 1 oz silver painted coin for gosh sakes . . . Pretty, yes, but . . . . it's still a manufactured collectible that makes no sense.

jackrabbit
11-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Anyone that would pay $1k for a painted one ounce silver coin is significantly impaired. I don't even understand paying the current asking price @ the Perth Mint. It's a 1 oz silver painted coin for gosh sakes . . . Pretty, yes, but . . . . it's still a manufactured collectible that makes no sense.

You could say that about almost all numismatic coins. Why pay for rarity?

James007
11-22-2010, 12:42 AM
I received mine yesterday ...nice coin ....not the best of my stack ..but nice

For James 007 ...the best coin of this year ( so far ) IMO
Cameroon 2010 Shroud of Turin Hologram Silver Proof

But I agree with the most .... concerning price .... Tasmanian Tiger will go up .... not towards $1000 but has the possibility for a nice return

on one of those for monthes! How muuch did you get it for? How nice is it in person? I love that coin! That's another that is going to double within 2 years. I will betcha a hundred no less than $120.00 in less than 2 years.
Another one of the religious coins from Cook Islands are beautiful. They are rectangle with Saints on them. Not the Nun from Perth,, although that is also a Beauty. Really really nice stuff to collect. My probs my eyes are bigger than my paycheck. Legio congrats bro.

Legio Patria Nostra
11-22-2010, 08:45 AM
on one of those for monthes! How muuch did you get it for? How nice is it in person? I love that coin! That's another that is going to double within 2 years. I will betcha a hundred no less than $120.00 in less than 2 years.
Another one of the religious coins from Cook Islands are beautiful. They are rectangle with Saints on them. Not the Nun from Perth,, although that is also a Beauty. Really really nice stuff to collect. My probs my eyes are bigger than my paycheck. Legio congrats bro.

It's like I said the most beautifull coin of this year . In fact one of the most beautifull in years !! I got mine for around $85 shipping incl .
I'll send you a pm so you can get one below $90 .

II DALTON II
11-25-2010, 07:32 PM
So does anyone know of anywhere still selling the Tasmo for less that $100 or is $130 the new bottom price? Most places are charging $150.

Packerfavrefan
11-25-2010, 09:32 PM
So does anyone know of anywhere still selling the Tasmo for less that $100 or is $130 the new bottom price? Most places are charging $150.

I would like to know this as well if anyone can help.

Legio Patria Nostra
11-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Looks like that $150 is the new bottom price ...
So if you could find it for $130 do not hesitate !!

SilverSal
11-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Got three at 84.?? and 1 at 79?? :D :D :D :D

Ag Engineer
11-30-2010, 10:18 PM
I counted how many of these coins are for sale on ebay right now, and there were 50. That is 1% of the entire mintage. There might be more badly labeled auctions that I didn't see. If you want to look yourself you can't just count number of auctions, you must account for the auctions with multiple coins for sale, of which there are several.

I don't know if it means anything I just thought it was interesting.

II DALTON II
12-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Got three at 84.?? and 1 at 79?? :D :D :D :D

You sneaky Devil haha.

I got 2 for $81. For some reason Downies didn't charge me for the shipping??? Not complaining lol.

wgadget
12-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Wow, got another one in the mail today...Didn't expect it.

I ordered two the first time, and never got a confirmation...So I ordered another single coin...I wonder if I'll be getting the third one sometime in the future?

Hm.

Legio Patria Nostra
12-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I counted how many of these coins are for sale on ebay right now, and there were 50. That is 1% of the entire mintage. There might be more badly labeled auctions that I didn't see. If you want to look yourself you can't just count number of auctions, you must account for the auctions with multiple coins for sale, of which there are several.

I don't know if it means anything I just thought it was interesting.

Did you notice that the graded ones are all low-graded ?!
Best grading I've seen so far is PF68 ! But then again I'm not a grading fan or a fan of the bay for that matter !

Greenback
12-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know if they will be releasing 1 coin a year in this series like the D and D series?.....2011 Dodo Bird?

Legio Patria Nostra
12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know if they will be releasing 1 coin a year in this series like the D and D series?.....2011 Dodo Bird?

I've no idea ...but the Dodo seems like a good idea ...cool looking bird !
Anybody any idea's or info about the possible series ?

Guardian
12-02-2010, 11:27 PM
GG,

I got my Tas Tiger!!!!

It's cool. Hopefully it will come close to the value of that Redback Spider!

Just came back from vacation....and it wasn't there:mad:

It turns out my neighbor was holding it for me because the postal service left it at my door, in the rain:eek:

Got Goldies
12-02-2010, 11:29 PM
GG,

I got my Tas Tiger!!!!

It's cool. Hopefully it will come close to the value of that Redback Spider!

Just came back from vacation....and it wasn't there:mad:

It turns out my neighbor was holding it for me because the postal service left it at my door, in the rain:eek:

Next year we will all celebrate the near vertical liftoff of tazmo. My life is improving as the middle class sinks into poverty. Its amazing what a couple redbacks will do to your bottomline.

Guardian
12-02-2010, 11:34 PM
From what I can see with the current purchase price it's already a double.

Greenback
12-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Good call GG. This is going to be a good series to collect.

II DALTON II
12-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Do we buy the others in the series or leave them for collectors and just hold the Tasmo? Collectors get annoyed they can't get the 1st coin which drives the price up?

Got Goldies
12-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Do we buy the others in the series or leave them for collectors and just hold the Tasmo? Collectors get annoyed they can't get the 1st coin which drives the price up?

Please tell me you can stop at coin one. I've tried several times.

II DALTON II
12-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Please tell me you can stop at coin one. I've tried several times.

What price did the D&D coins go for originally GG? What's the average price of them now (excluding redback)?

Got Goldies
12-03-2010, 09:24 AM
What price did the D&D coins go for originally GG? What's the average price of them now (excluding redback)?

Apmex had them for about $75, and they had around 80 of them. When I said in 06 or 07 that I liked that coin, it sold out in 2 weeks. I only purchased one since I was still broke.

The other coins you could get for $55.

I think some of the other coins you can get for under $200.

I still made money buying the whole set.

II DALTON II
12-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Apmex had them for about $75, and they had around 80 of them. When I said in 06 or 07 that I liked that coin, it sold out in 2 weeks. I only purchased one since I was still broke.

The other coins you could get for $55.

Yeah, I'm gonna get the others in the series :D.

So redback went up like 12x and the others tripled? Nice.

Got Goldies
12-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna get the others in the series :D.

So redback went up like 12x and the others tripled? Nice.

The thing people didn't realize is the first coin or comic book is the one you want. But I could not stop at an incomplete set.

I can post a photo of my entire set. How many here could do that?

II DALTON II
12-03-2010, 09:35 AM
The thing people didn't realize is the first coin or comic book is the one you want. But I could not stop at an incomplete set.

I can post a photo of my entire set. How many here could do that?

I'm like that with the Battle coins. I am missing Gettysburg and Thermopylae.

Got Goldies
12-03-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm like that with the Battle coins. I am missing Gettysburg and Thermopylae.

I bought 5 each of the battle coins. I will not sell them unless someone make me an historic offer. I want museum prices.

Fakiro
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks for speaking about the TasTiger coin.

I just bought one this afternoon in Germany, my third one, on auction. 86 € that's about 120$ !

Good deal, is it ?

I have also the Salamis and Trafalgar battles. 8 of each. You realy think their price is going to shine ?

Thanks all.

Got Goldies
12-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks for speaking about the TasTiger coin.

I just bought one this afternoon in Germany, my third one, on auction. 86 that's about 120$ !

Good deal, is it ?

I have also the Salamis and Trafalgar battles. 8 of each. You realy think their price is going to shine ?

Thanks all.

Risk reward is on your side.

If we can get 5000 people to buy Tiger tas coin, that means it will rocket up like the Redback. Euro collections and perth set a limit, but I'm sure anyone can buy all the extra supply from Ebay.

Greenback
12-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Most of us will have to buy and hold, resisting the urge to sell when the Tasmo increases in price significantly. We can't have too many 'coin flippers' in this bunch GG, keep them in line!!! :)

TXKajun
12-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Goldies, I figure ya gotta be right once in a while.

Usually, I find you to be a great "contrarian" predictor, but I finally caved in and got me a TazTiger today. I had a bit of refund from MrRebate, plus my CC rebate, so got in for under $100. I been keepin' an eye on this coin ever since it came out. "Here kitty, kitty, kitty." :D

Kajun

P.S.
Congrats on being employed again. :)

Greenback
12-10-2010, 06:29 AM
I've noticed the Tas have been selling on ebay for around 120-150 dollars, and Amex has them for 179 now. Looking good so far! Anyone else come across different prices for the Tas?

TXKajun
12-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Got my pretty kitty in yesterday and I was the one purrin'! LOL

Kajun

merlinsword
12-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I've usually had luck letting 'rare' coins C H I L L for 6-12 months : after the initial "sold out" marketeers milk it , the true value comes to the surface.

Most recent example that comes to mind is the Blue-Ringed . they are about 30% LESS than the panic prices just after sell-out

Not a rule of thumb, for sure . . . just one of those observations

Pitcom
12-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I don't feel these coins will be worth much. Don't get me wrong, i have one and would love to see it skyrocket in value, but i just don't see it happening. When this coin first sold out, it was selling on ebay for 150-175 every day. Now you see auctions for 125 that don't get a bid. Hopefully I am wrong.

Greenback
12-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't feel these coins will be worth much. Don't get me wrong, i have one and would love to see it skyrocket in value, but i just don't see it happening. When this coin first sold out, it was selling on ebay for 150-175 every day. Now you see auctions for 125 that don't get a bid. Hopefully I am wrong.

I have noticed that too, but don't coins like this usually get a bump when the next coin comes out? I seem to recall the Lion Fish Coin from the Reef series doing that. I can't wait to find out.

jackrabbit
12-10-2010, 02:21 PM

That's why when I buy a coin like this, I have to really, really like it. I don't expect to ever sell it, and I enjoy looking at it. If the day comes where I get tired of it, if I make a few extra bucks on it, then great, if its just worth spot, the I'm fine with it too. The problem with new coins today is that there too many "rare" coins. It doesn't matter if its rare and no one wants them, which is what happens to most of these.