PDA

View Full Version : Well kids, I think this one is for real

dc dalton
11-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Some of you know me, been around longer than dirt and I personally lived through the 1979-1980 run, working in a coin shop in Teaneck NJ.

Well I stepped back and waited ... told many friends that if silver hit 22 and could hold it I was back in as a buyer and so it happened.

But I am starting to feel just like I did way back when, when every day we 'called in' for the spot price (pre internet kids) and every time we called in we said holy SH*T ...... well I am getting that feeling again and I honestly think we are in for the ride of our lives over the next few years. Over the past few years I would have NEVER said this but I will now. I honestly think we are going to at least $50 an ounce this time around (which is where we almost hit back then).

Just an 'old dog' that gets these feelings and remembers 'times gone buy' ... take it for what it is worth.

OH and for 'what its worth' ... when dealers start paying less than spot sell like there is no tomorrow ... cause that's how it ended back then

AgStacker
11-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Woof, from one old dog to another.

This is it. No doubt.

GS_Stacker
11-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks....
I like listening to more, elderly peoples advice......they have a lifetime of experience, on top of my own, and being from an old time country farming family, I see that many people today, have lost that respect for them, and the knowledge and experience they hold...

My dad, just had his 90th birthday.....you should hear the stories, he Is starting to tell us, and the comparisons we make to today........:eek:

Funny, he has never really talked about stuff, before, but maybe he never needed to, until now...

JudyG

dc dalton
11-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks....
I like listening to more, elderly peoples advice......they have a lifetime of experience, on top of my own, and being from an old time country farming family, I see that many people today, have lost that respect for them, and teh knowledge and experience they hold...

My dad, just had his 90th birthday.....you should hear the stories, he Is starting to tell us, and the comparisons we make to today........:eek:

JudyG

Alright ... feeling old is one thing, being called elderly is something else (I'm only 52)

As much as I appreciate the sentiment don't make me feel older than I am!

AgStacker
11-03-2010, 11:36 PM
I kind of like the term "elder statesman" but elderly isn't my cup of geritol tea either. :)

GS_Stacker
11-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Well...dont talk like an old bloke....:D
I thought you were like, 70 :eek:
Gawds sake......I didnt realise you were that young...
Im almost up there with you....but I bet I am heaps better looking, naked..:rolleyes:

RAOTF

Joking, guys...

JudyG

radioone
11-03-2010, 11:38 PM
;)

Hello DC! Good to see ya....

Ready to ride.......:D

R1

torpedoman
11-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks....
I like listening to more, elderly peoples advice......they have a lifetime of experience, on top of my own, and being from an old time country farming family, I see that many people today, have lost that respect for them, and the knowledge and experience they hold...

Funny, he has never really talked about stuff, before, but maybe he never needed to, until now...

JudyG

get a tape recorder and tape the old mans stories, you'll be real glad later on.

mule deer
11-04-2010, 12:08 AM
get a tape recorder and tape the old mans stories, you'll be real glad later on.

Great idea only thing better would be a camcorder and make dvd's for christmas of the 90 year youngster

I am 52 as well and still do not know what I want to be when I grow up

edssco
11-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Welcome back DC ,I use to love your Morgan dollar teachings.
Ed

dsken4562
11-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Howdie DC... been a while... good to read one of your threads.

I would like to ask... if you can do it... would you tell the folks in the forum how long silver stayed up at the $40 range before it fell like an arrow returning to earth?

One more quick question: related to silver. Do you really expect the same price action to happen over thirty years later... or would you expect a slower turn of events over a longer time period?

Hang Time
11-04-2010, 12:41 AM
I think you can appreciate this.
My dad was 19 when the depression hit in 1929. You can imagine how it might have shaped his life. He never trusted a bank,never had a checking accunt, always paid cash and paid his bills with money orders. Built three houses with what he could afford as he went along. Never made a mortgage payment. In his later years he lived in a Toyota motor home in a guys driveway in Palm Springs in exchange for watching his property. Always cashed his checks as soon as he got them. Worked until he was 88 and that's only because they said he was just too old. Broke his heart and died at 92 owning his motor home and a few clothes, tools and $70,000 in cash, just in case. "You gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em." I learned a lot from him, I'm 72 and been stacking since 1976. Pretty good return so far. Problem is I've never been able to bring myself to sell one oz. Given away a few to the grand kids from time to time. Hang Time.;)

Got Goldies
11-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Dalton, we're not even close to the blow off top. We'll probably hit $29 to $30 in the next week. Then that will set up $35 to $40 in Dec. You will want to load up on Tasmania.

Ember
11-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Hang Time-
Just be sure to enjoy life as well. Keep stacking, but take time for yourself and family to go do things together. Spend a little on yourself and enjoy! :)

925Sterling
11-04-2010, 01:33 AM
Hmph, Ian only 31 and I can't wait to tell my grandkids when I was able to get lots of silver half dollars just by going to the bank.

MoMoney
11-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Some of you know me, been around longer than dirt and I personally lived through the 1979-1980 run, working in a coin shop in Teaneck NJ.Well I stepped back and waited ... told many friends that if silver hit 22 and could hold it I was back in as a buyer and so it happened.

But I am starting to feel just like I did way back when, when every day we 'called in' for the spot price (pre internet kids) and every time we called in we said holy SH*T ...... well I am getting that feeling again and I honestly think we are in for the ride of our lives over the next few years. Over the past few years I would have NEVER said this but I will now. I honestly think we are going to at least $50 an ounce this time around (which is where we almost hit back then).

Just an 'old dog' that gets these feelings and remembers 'times gone buy' ... take it for what it is worth.

OH and for 'what its worth' ... when dealers start paying less than spot sell like there is no tomorrow ... cause that's how it ended back then

Worked in a fancy jewelry store 1979-1981 LBI GSP 63, funny isn't it, Dalton? :)

jared530
11-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Im only 20, been stacking since i was 19. I feel that the older I get, the harder it will be to sell my PM's because of the emotional significance. Im in college right now, and I can tell that when Im 50 I wont want to let certain dates go because of the memories associated with it. Being an old timer and saying, "I bought 2010 eagles around the time i met my wife", and "This 2009 gold eagle is my very first ounce of gold i bought, and I remember how i shimmered in my hand when i first picked it up"

Anyone have these experiences?

SilverUp
11-04-2010, 01:56 AM
Im only 20, been stacking since i was 19. I feel that the older I get, the harder it will be to sell my PM's because of the emotional significance. Im in college right now, and I can tell that when Im 50 I wont want to let certain dates go because of the memories associated with it. Being an old timer and saying, "I bought 2010 eagles around the time i met my wife", and "This 2009 gold eagle is my very first ounce of gold i bought, and I remember how i shimmered in my hand when i first picked it up"

When your wife wants a new kitchen she'll drive you to the coin store. Don't worry about that.

duper
11-04-2010, 02:10 AM
Problem is I've never been able to bring myself to sell one oz. Hang Time.;)

I really think this is how I am going to be..... I could sell what I have now and make a nice profit....but I can't bring myself to get rid of it...now...the little bit of gold I own....I could sell that yesterday and it wouldn't bother me...... Funny the way it is...............

Brightsilver
11-04-2010, 02:19 AM
Hi Dalton,

I don't know. I think we have used up and or destroyed so much silver since 1980 and are continuing to use it up much more today and finding many, many more industrial and medical applications that only silver can be used for that the situation today is no comparison to back then. Also on the monetary aspect we have never been in this "twilight zone" of fiat world wide like we are now. The Hunt brothers were the main drivers back then but today it will be the whole world. So based on that reasoning and more I believe we will most definitely hit and surpass $100 and after the blow off and correction silver will still be much much higher than anyone here including myself can imagine. IMHO:)

Ernster
11-04-2010, 02:43 AM
But of course im going to sell what am i saying, im a greedy SOB!

Thats the spirit:D

Silver Dog
11-04-2010, 03:10 AM

Yeah, I remember when my aunt gave me a Morgan dollar when I was 7 in 1964. It was the first of many and I still have them all. It was so cool to use real money in the olden days. Notice how junk silver is so worn. It is because it actually bought something and it was used on a daily basis instead of the electronic money used today. If you had a bill bigger than a one you were pretty well off.

minermite
11-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Getting older ? DNA's like hand-me-downs that are too big to start off with and end up being a snug fit.

rangergord
11-04-2010, 04:53 AM
Hi Dalton,

I don't know. I think we have used up and or destroyed so much silver since 1980 and are continuing to use it up much more today and finding many, many more industrial and medical applications that only silver can be used for that the situation today is no comparison to back then. Also on the monetary aspect we have never been in this "twilight zone" of fiat world wide like we are now. The Hunt brothers were the main drivers back then but today it will be the whole world. So based on that reasoning and more I believe we will most definitely hit and surpass $100 and after the blow off and correction silver will still be much much higher than anyone here including myself can imagine. IMHO:)

I'll second that.

mtacchi
11-04-2010, 05:10 AM

Tape recorder? Who's old! LMAO
Do they still make tapes ?? :D

Element 79
11-04-2010, 05:30 AM
If we consider 25 as the real top in 1980, then silver rose by a factor of 25 or so. If we consider the base from which the brawny bull will run as 10 dollars, then we might get to $250 or so before this is done.

zostar
11-08-2010, 09:50 PM
dc quote: Well kids, I think this one is for real

DC ... DC ... DC ... DC ... AND .. AGSTACKER, 100ORBUST, GOTGOLDIES,
HARDLY PEAVED, FREE MARKETSYSTEM, DENARII , SILVERFINGER, STORMDANCER,
BITTER INSTIGATOR AL (just kiddin AL !!!) , TWO HORSES, INSIDE DEALER,
BAG OF GOLD , GETZEE GOLD, POURTORHOUSE, SILVERFISH, INGOTS, THE DAVES, EMBER,
INSIDEDEALER, HIGHINBC, HCD123, OBIDIAH, FERAL CHILD, MAX GRAVY, REAL MONEY, ECT, ECT , GUARDIAN, everyone else
ALL THE REST (i HAVEN'T TYPED OUT ......
ALL US STACKERS, COMBINED ..... WE ARE LEGION !!!
THE CHANTS RISE LIKE A THUNDERSTORM

I been trying to post ..... lots of delay on the board tonite ....

gee I wonder why ....

SILVER ON A COMPLETE AND UTTER RAMPAGE !!!

BY NOW THE SHORTS ARE STARTING TO DE-HYDRATE, VIA THE
MASSIVE SWEATING OF THE BODY.

Instigator Al
11-08-2010, 09:54 PM
dc quote: Well kids, I think this one is for real

DC ... DC ... DC ... DC ... AND .. AGSTACKER, 100ORBUST, GOTGOLDIES,
HARDLY PEAVED, FREE MARKETSYSTEM, DENARII , SILVERFINGER, STORMDANCER,
BITTER INSTIGATOR AL (just kiddin AL !!!) , TWO HORSES, INSIDE DEALER,
BAG OF GOLD , GETZEE GOLD, POURTORHOUSE, SILVERFISH, INGOTS, THE DAVES, EMBER,
INSIDEDEALER, HIGHINBC,
ALL THE REST (i HAVEN'T TYPED OUT ......
ALL US STACKERS, COMBINED ..... WE ARE LEGION !!!
THE CHANTS RISE LIKE A THUNDERSTORM

I been trying to post ..... lots of delay on the board tonite ....

gee I wonder why ....

SILVER ON A COMPLETE AND UTTER RAMPAGE !!!

BY NOW THE SHORTS ARE STARTING TO DE-HYDRATE, VIA THE
MASSIVE SWEATING OF THE BODY.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!! :D

ALL TIME FAVORITE POST HERE AT KITCO BAR NONE!

ingots
11-08-2010, 09:58 PM

+1 cause u named me:D :D

HardlyPeeved
11-08-2010, 11:36 PM

MONSTER !!!

Sesamie street had the Cookie Monster...we on Kitco should have the Silver Monster !!

Checkout ECUXF today !!! 30% gain in one day !

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_E/threadview?m=tm&bn=54043&tid=161&mid=161&tof=7&frt=2

edssco
02-19-2011, 12:22 AM
This week has been great ,go ahead punk make my day ,
note to the shorts when you are stuck in a hole and can not get out- STOP DIGGING,duh

Grossomotto
02-19-2011, 01:27 AM
After 10 days of no forum access and only watching spot, silver has sincerely surprised me but ultimately put a smile on my face after some recent buys. I've been a skeptical stacker especially at these levels, but now I'll just sit back and watch with what I have.

Stewie
02-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Some of you know me, been around longer than dirt and I personally lived through the 1979-1980 run, working in a coin shop in Teaneck NJ.

Well I stepped back and waited ... told many friends that if silver hit 22 and could hold it I was back in as a buyer and so it happened.

I would think about this long and hard.
The market can do anything , manipulated the way it is.
The American Government and governments around the world will do anything to appease the central banksters and their fiat.

If Government does not find a way to force worthless paper on the masses, then Government is cooked. Fried, and gone.
From the very start of this, Government has forced fiat ( worthless paper filled with broken promises) on its citizens throughout the world. A piece of paper with no value at all no matter the denomination.

There is no rarity in the paper. It can be mass produced by growing trees exponentially, and an endless supply exists. Unlike silver and gold.
Money DOES grow on tree's.

Real money , DOES NOT.

Government has therefore usurped the Constitution of the United States a long time ago, knowing full well paper is worthless.

Do not expect them to lay down.

twindragons11
02-19-2011, 05:24 AM

Murkrow Murkrow!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hfj1R8wnDyg/SnwbtLmCPrI/AAAAAAAAAhg/Dy1F4HxOmg0/s400/Murkrow.jpg

Holdfast
02-19-2011, 05:38 AM

Back then!

What was the silver to gold ratio back then?

We are in different times; we have people with lots of cash, lots of silver and gold and a whole new trading platform.

Sure, trends are trends, and I agree with your comments, but the people here will keep buying because they are gamblers; they will not focus on an objective.

When land is cheap, they ignore it! And; like you said in the 80's there will be a new generation holding $80 an ounce silver for 30 years.

Buy, sell, buy, sell, buy land!

FFS, if you are single and have money you should be buying in and out all the time! I don't know why we have to repeat ourselves; take lots of small profits; keep your capital, gamble your profits; but, diversify! When you have enough fiat buy a house! Grow food, get pissed, have fun! You only get one shot at life! Do it!

H:)