PDA

View Full Version : Never gonna sell the stack

ProfessorHortengle
11-10-2010, 12:25 AM
If this is it, bring on higher and higher prices. I will not budge and sell. If anything, let the silver go to $100/oz. Sure, it will suck to pay $120 to get an SAE when spot is $100, but some kind of plateau will have been reached. THis is all an illusion. What the heck does anybody want FRNs for anyway if they are trading their silver for more and more FRNs? Who is getting the better deal then?

HighInBC
11-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Are you going to put it to industrial use?

ProfessorHortengle
11-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Are you going to put it to industrial use?

No. Just hold on to it and give it to heirs. Never really had a thirst for the jingle jingle as a means of controlling things with its buying power. I just like the searching and fun of collecting. I want to see my heirs acquire silver and be stewards of it.

GS_Stacker
11-10-2010, 01:17 AM
I will keep on adding to my Stack...shant be selling
My original reason for starting with PMs, was to preserve my savings...
But my secondary reason, was because I realized what was going on with the Precious Metals Markets, and I realized, that every ounce I purchased, was one more they could not control, as well as stopping the Banks from using my saved FIAT..
I withdrew the lot over 3 years ago, bought metals, and have been adding ever since..
Our family has never had a lot of money, and we have always survived.....so I dont really care about money...but I am at War with the Government, Banksters and Manipulators, and every time I add to my stack....I get a thrill, knowing that Its like a shot across their Bow!!

I came Into this world, with NOTHING.....naked and kicking and screaming.....
I will go out, the same way!
Money means nothing to me, but If I can give my kids a little head start...then FINE!!

JudyG

magnanieg6
11-10-2010, 01:31 AM
GS that is a great point I am in the same boat, love holding the PM that I have and passing it on to my kids is the best gift I can give them so far.

prunggu
11-10-2010, 03:01 AM
My thinking is the same. However, I have two sons who are very competitive with each other and I sometimes worry that I really need to have pairs of every item - both weight and type - to avoid them fighting over it.

GS_Stacker
11-10-2010, 03:11 AM
I have a 16 year old son, 180cms tall, and 100kgs, with Developmental Delay Syndrome...currently going through some severe mental problems..
Its pretty rough!!:mad:
I have had to deal with 2 of everything, since he was old enough to realise differences...
I totally understand!!
This has cost me a FORTUNE.

JudyG

Gold Freak
11-10-2010, 03:31 AM
My plan is to preserve some of my buying power and exchange for property in the future... or part of it, all depends how much will be when I decide to do so !

And than, restart all over again !

SecretArgentMan
11-10-2010, 04:24 AM
I thought for sure you were going to have a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ob=av3e

Interestingly, the metaphor is almost perfect...

:D

Got Goldies
11-10-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm down to my never sell stack, too. How can I give up my kooks at $27?

Loose Change
11-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm down to my never sell stack, too. How can I give up my kooks at $27?

And I have to admit that these would be difficult to part with at any price.

ProfessorHortengle
11-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I thought for sure you were going to have a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ob=av3e

Interestingly, the metaphor is almost perfect...

:D

No, I would not rick roll you folks.

The flip side to selling is I will back off buying if silver goes parabolic. There will be other metals to buy or other stackables.

HighInBC
11-10-2010, 01:35 PM
No. Just hold on to it and give it to heirs.

As long as someone uses it eventually. If you have it buried with you, let me know where.

ProfessorHortengle
11-10-2010, 03:51 PM
As long as someone uses it eventually. If you have it buried with you, let me know where.

I might get banned here before that happens.

itmann
11-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I will defiantly sell portions of my stack when I feel we are at the top of a bubble or ag is over prices. To me itís another investment and I like collecting. If ag hits $50 or $100 and I think that crazy high then I will sell some and buy a nice classic car or motorcycle or whatever I want to send my discretionary funds on.

Thatís the fun of investing, buy really low and sell really high, blow the money on a 68 GTO or 50 panhead.

keepitlow
11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
If this is it, bring on higher and higher prices. I will not budge and sell. If anything, let the silver go to $100/oz. Sure, it will suck to pay $120 to get an SAE when spot is $100, but some kind of plateau will have been reached. THis is all an illusion. What the heck does anybody want FRNs for anyway if they are trading their silver for more and more FRNs? Who is getting the better deal then?

UP or down...I will not sell. I keep PM for SHTF insurance.

helopilot
11-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Insurance while I live and education fund for the granddaughters when they get there. Would like to pass it on but if the shtf in a large or a small way, the family may need it to survive. Either way, stack is not for temporary profit.

ProfessorHortengle
11-10-2010, 08:21 PM
UP or down...I will not sell. I keep PM for SHTF insurance.

That is right. It is insurance that may never be needed and does not have strings attached either, unlike 401Ks and the fiat cash in our wallets. I told my wife we are in it for the long term, so we should ride out the ups and downs. Besides, it's fun to collect and see what deals come your way. What is really fun right now is looking at a '64 half dollar and thinking that it could barter itself for a whole's day worth of food if you were judicious in meal selection.

halfhunter
11-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Hope this doesn't sound cold but I hope that I sell my last ounce of silver the day I draw that last breath. I have no one I really want to leave it to & sure as hell don't want the govt to get it ! ! ! :eek:

HH

Copperhead
11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Hope this doesn't sound cold but I hope that I sell my last ounce of silver the day I draw that last breath. I have no one I really want to leave it to & sure as hell don't want the govt to get it ! ! ! :eek:

HH

Why do you say cold? You can't take it with you.

Silver should serve you, not you serving silver.

ccjoe
11-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Why do you say cold? You can't take it with you.

Silver should serve you, not you serving silver.

I agree as I do love getting the five figure checks for selling si.
It's even better doing it over and over again. That indeed, is letting si work for you.

chrisiden
11-10-2010, 11:54 PM
if you are not sure when to sell than make yourself a plan..
for example you may want to sell say 25% of your silver at 50dollars and another 25% at 100(if we get there)
at least you made some profit for your waiting...
then maybe even trade the rest for gold if the ratio changes or sell when you feel the top is near...
no one will know the top...you just need to keep reading the posts here and keep your eyes ears open with all the news...
the best thing about higher prices in silver is when you sell for FRNs you can pay down your debts with cheap dollars...
:rolleyes: