PDA

View Full Version : Sterling silver

YouPrintIStack
11-21-2010, 02:09 PM
5.56 of 925 silver in coins for 120-100 bucks? not to sure how much under spot 925 goes for, decent deal for a 20-21/oz ?

CounterStrike1776
11-21-2010, 02:18 PM
5.56 caught my attention... What is it?

YouPrintIStack
11-21-2010, 02:24 PM
montreal olympic coin set two ten dollar coins with 1.56oz in ea and two five dollar coins with .78oz in each and an calgary olympic 20dollar with 1oz

so id be paying max 21.58cdn/oz...

HighInBC
11-21-2010, 02:51 PM
If it was a sterling fork or chain that would be one thing. But these coins should be worth at least their full melt value as they are already "assayed" by virtue of being a known coin. I would buy them at that price.

YouPrintIStack
11-21-2010, 02:56 PM
If it was a sterling fork or chain that would be one thing. But these coins should be worth at least their full melt value as they are already "assayed" by virtue of being a known coin. I would buy them at that price.
Thats what i was thinking if anything maybe 2 under spot which is still 24 and im getting um for 20. Thanks man, how do you feel about purchasing our 80% coins half dollars quarters ect.

theplantguy
11-21-2010, 03:01 PM
You might multiply .925 x spot x ounces for a pretty close estimate.

YouPrintIStack
11-21-2010, 03:14 PM

You might multiply .925 x spot x ounces for a pretty close estimate.

Ya but ive heard dealers pay less then spot because "refining costs", thats all.

that would have to be total ounces of the coin no?
these coins have a total of 5.36toz of pure silver in a 925 coin
5.36xspot = 146.59
.925xspotx5.36 = 135.60

does that mean your equation is factoring in the dealers below spot payment?
regardless i think picking them up for 100 is a decent buy
thanks all

100 bucks looks alright to me. thanks all

HighInBC
11-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Thats what i was thinking if anything maybe 2 under spot which is still 24 and im getting um for 20. Thanks man, how do you feel about purchasing our 80% coins half dollars quarters ect.

I am all over those. I prefer the large halves and dollars as they are very attractive at .3 and .6oz. I have a few rolls of dimes and quarters but I don't want much more of the because they don't seem as popular.

I see on a popular auction site that both halves and dollars are selling over spot regularly. By playing around with combining shipping charges I am often able to get these unders spot.

Ya but ive heard dealers pay less then spot because "refining costs", thats all.

That is their way of saying "I want to pay you less because I think I can get away with it."

You don't need to refine these coins, they have more silver than 80% and 90% coinage and has the same guaranteed content, so there is no reason they cannot be used as investment devices.

If the dealer does not think he can sell it and will take it for scrap then he is probably not the right buyer. If the coin was damaged perhaps.