PDA

View Full Version : Gut feeling

SilverBullionaire
11-28-2010, 12:10 PM
This thread is about your gut feeling. Do you expect a soon coming silver-price explosion?

(This could happen through JPM covering, Comex default, China itself buying massive quantities, causing a short squeeze...)

Greenback
11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
My gut tells me to buy more right now.

SilverBullionaire
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I think the days of cheap silver are counted...

silver_schlub
11-28-2010, 12:27 PM
The choices were somewhat limited on that poll. I was unable to answer.

It was kinda like saying is it going to be completely sunny, mostly sunny, or just partly sunny.

What if we think it's gonna rain?

ironvic
11-28-2010, 12:31 PM
My gut always tells me to buy buy buy silver. Don't know why, don't care, just gotta getsum. Monday's coming and there's 50 bucks burning a hole in my pocket for more junk halves. Soon, silver will light off, don't know exactly when, but I'm still gonna getsum then as well.

SilverBullionaire
11-28-2010, 12:41 PM
it feels good, that I have accumulated a bit of dry powder since my last purchase... When the next buying opportunity comes, I'll be there:cool:

idahopostman
11-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Nothing too radical in the short term... same old same old. Next year and in 2012, look out.

SilverBullionaire
11-28-2010, 01:24 PM
After this video, I bet your gut changes its feeling from "up" to "to the moon"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_YkJF7JhWo

theplantguy
11-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Doen't matter what my gut says. Some following their gut have lost their whole trading accounts. I keep buying because that is the plan.

edssco
11-28-2010, 01:27 PM
These bad guys are not done yet and are not going without a fight ,
So I keep buying Silver to hold for 10-15 years
so if POS goes up great if it goes down I will keep buying more
and try not to catch a falling knife.

II DALTON II
11-28-2010, 01:37 PM
My gut says to buy the stuff that had high premiums before the jump from $19 whilst the premiums are similar. That way I am more protected if we do have a big dip and if it continues to rise then I'm in the Profit too :).

droopy
11-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Nov. 23, 2010. Write it down. When Russia and China denounced the U.S. Dollar, and agreed to trade in their own currencies, the trap was sprung. Expect more countries to follow.

Can you spell hyperinflation?

Helicopter Ben may not have to fly.

The trick now is not to be buried in all the FRNs that will come home to roost.

PMs have provided a store of wealth for over 5,000 years.

This is only an opinion, DYODD.

Gotta go now, my stack fell over.

SilverBullionaire
11-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Nov. 23, 2010. Write it down. When Russia and China denounced the U.S. Dollar, and agreed to trade in their own currencies, the trap was sprung. Expect more countries to follow.

Can you spell hyperinflation?

Helicopter Ben may not have to fly.

The trick now is not to be buried in all the FRNs that will come home to roost.

PMs have provided a store of wealth for over 5,000 years.

This is only an opinion, DYODD.

Gotta go now, my stack fell over.

Your stack just fell over?:eek: Should we call the static-engineers for a reinforcement of your house?

nuts4gold
11-28-2010, 02:41 PM
My gut tells me that I have indigestion but I do believe that POS will explode soon but then I have been waiting for over a decade...

145bluesman
11-28-2010, 02:56 PM
RE; the video.

I want to say this because I know Alex's people frequent here.

I like AJ but he has a habit of cutting guests off just when they are going to make their final point.

Annoying as all get out.

\end rant

bigprofites
11-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Banks will continue to push the silver market down until they are banned from the market or unless they can't profit from shorting the market any more. If the PM market gets out of their hands their business is in trouble because they operate with currencies for the most part. Until the masses relies their unethical bets they have made against America and the world very little will change. The best thing people on this forum can do is educate the people around you because most of the world is in the dark. Here is some quotes from papers I came accost when researching Financial illiteracy. I guess you can say Alex and others are helping to educate the masses.

“Numerous studies indicate that many people in the United States lack basic financial knowledge, such as how credit cards work, which accounts the FDIC insures in which financial institutions or how compound interest works.”

“Unfortunately, research shows that financial illiteracy has reached epidemic levels with no end in sight.”

“Stamping out financial illiteracy epidemic that has enabled and fueled so much of our recent economic misery will take a global coalition of business, education, government and non-profit organizations.”

silvercoinboy
11-28-2010, 04:14 PM
selling of scrap silver is up, and there are a billion ounces in India in the poor's hands.

remember 79-80 when silver filled an 8 month backlog at the refiners...

opiumbox2000
11-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Contrarian Indicator on this polls indicates a sharp move up

theplantguy
11-28-2010, 04:19 PM
This is another faulty poll. Either an explosion in in one week to 2 months or nothing. No possibility of moving down? What gives with all this?

rodzm
11-28-2010, 04:24 PM
I have an explosion going on in my stomach, a gut feeling, oh wait let me tilt sideways....ahhhhh what a relief

SilverBullionaire
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
This is another faulty poll. Either an explosion in in one week to 2 months or nothing. No possibility of moving down? What gives with all this?

It is about your gut feeling. If you "feel" that something will happen, like a price explosion, then I think that you don't feel:"oh, in 6 Months... will happen". Gut feelings are mostly correlated to the nearterm future. For that, I limited it to 2Months form here. I think that that should be in accordance to the largest part of all voters.

OK, to be sincere, an option for a large selloff would also have been welcomed in this poll. But I think that like it is now, we can conclude quite a lot, how the people on this board feel.

bigprofites
11-28-2010, 04:29 PM
To get a good reading on a poll you need more people voting. At least 200 people or more.

theplantguy
11-28-2010, 04:43 PM
It is about your gut feeling. If you "feel" that something will happen, like a price explosion, then I think that you don't feel:"oh, in 6 Months... will happen". Gut feelings are mostly correlated to the nearterm future. For that, I limited it to 2Months form here. I think that that should be in accordance to the largest part of all voters.

OK, to be sincere, an option for a large selloff would also have been welcomed in this poll. But I think that like it is now, we can conclude quite a lot, how the people on this board feel.

How can you possibly conclude anything with such limited options in the poll? Only those who felt an explosion is immanent voted. I didn't vote as there was nothing that reflects my gut feelings.

chancemonky
11-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Bricka bracka firecracker sis boom bah!!! :cool:

SilverBullionaire
11-28-2010, 04:48 PM
How can you possibly conclude anything with such limited options in the poll? Only those who felt an explosion is immanent voted. I didn't vote as there was nothing that reflects my gut feelings.

To make it clear: I only wanted to know, a) how much people here "feel" a price explosion coming, and b), when this explosion would come.

Those who don't think, that a price explosion would happen, can vote, that nothing special will happen.

It isn't that difficult

theplantguy
11-28-2010, 04:53 PM
To make it clear: I only wanted to know, a) how much people here "feel" a price explosion coming, and b), when this explosion would come.

Those who don't think, that a price explosion would happen, can vote, that nothing special will happen.

It isn't that difficult

What if their gut feeling is silver is going to 15? Voting "nothing special will happen" doesn't fit.

Hardasset75
11-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Something major HAS to happen. Either the announcement that life exists outside of earth, a new form of energy away from fossil fuels exists, or nuclear war. I don't see fiat issues driving PM's. Fiat issues might push PM's up and down, but they are not going to push it too the moon, as all of us want it. Of course this is all my opinion

SilverBullionaire
11-28-2010, 05:08 PM
What if their gut feeling is silver is going to 15? Voting "nothing special will happen" doesn't fit.

You are right about that. I had already admitted that...OK, to be sincere, an option for a large selloff would also have been welcomed in this poll...

Hardasset75
11-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Stay in it, don't sell out.

theplantguy
11-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Stay in it, don't sell out.

Don't sell out? What?

Hardasset75
11-28-2010, 09:02 PM
If you don't need the money and can handle PM volatility during this crazy time, stay in it. S*it happens, and sometimes you need fiat to take care of expenses. Some of these PM's are going to make A LOT of money for people in the future. Right now, too much belief in the power of fiat;)

Slider
11-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Something will happen pretty soon, i think the new limits on the CFTC for silver contracts come into play in the next couple of months, once that happens we will see some movement!

SilverBullionaire
11-29-2010, 02:08 PM
will begin in a short time....

Only London had a strong bearish influence. The rest of the world supports the bulls...

(as if it was that easy..:D )

SilverBullionaire
12-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I think that we are seeing a price explosion. Aren't we?

925Sterling
12-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I think we are seeing a lot of hedgefunds pump it up so that when they release their Q4 %s they'll look amazing. If this continues till the end of the month January could be a 30 day correction.

SilverBullionaire
12-05-2010, 10:06 AM
that we break through the trend line, so that JPM is forced to cover!:p

theplantguy
12-05-2010, 10:19 AM
that we break through the trend line, so that JPM is forced to cover!:p

And just why do they have to cover at this level? Why not 25.50 or 27.25? And just who is forcing JPM to cover?

SilverBullionaire
12-05-2010, 10:47 AM
And just why do they have to cover at this level? Why not 25.50 or 27.25? And just who is forcing JPM to cover?

I once heard that JPM would definitively cover at 31.50$. Maybe it are just rumors...
But I think at this levels, it hurts very much to be short on such a big scale. That is why I think they will cover soon, (and maybe go long in options before?)

theplantguy
12-05-2010, 10:49 AM
I once heard that JPM would definitively cover at 31.50$. Maybe it are just rumors...
But I think at this levels, it hurts very much to be short on such a big scale. That is why I think they will cover soon, (and maybe go long in options before?)

Might be prudent to have said that in the first place.

SilverBullionaire
12-05-2010, 10:50 AM
At which time do they release the Fed statement today?

Obediah
12-05-2010, 10:57 AM
My gut tells me to buy more right now.My "gut" is telling me I need to fix breakfast- my mind which is what use to reason probabilities also knows the markets are rigged by nature of their makers.

edssco
12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
I think $30 wont be that easy ,we may hit it, maybe not ,then well get a sell off and so at that time JPM will try a raid so after big dip I will try and buy some of my PM stocks that I sold late Friday ,If it goes up and stays up That would be great too for my core positions on PSLV and Mining stocks .
Thats how I see it

SilverBullionaire
12-05-2010, 01:43 PM
I think $30 wont be that easy ,we may hit it, maybe not ,then well get a sell off and so at that time JPM will try a raid so after big dip I will try and buy some of my PM stocks that I sold late Friday ,If it goes up and stays up That would be great too for my core positions on PSLV and Mining stocks .
Thats how I see it

I don't see a big selloff at the 30$-level!
We already were near 30$ on 9.Nov, when a big selloff happened. So the weak hands should be out by now.

But ok: If JPM wants, yes, there will be a "correction:mad: "

ifionlyhadsomegold
12-05-2010, 02:05 PM
My gut always tells me to buy buy buy silver. Don't know why, don't care, just gotta getsum.

yesir!
:D

ifionlyhadsomegold
12-05-2010, 02:08 PM

they bullion banks cant cover. it would break them. they cant drive the price down because the physical buying was incredible.

whats their next move?

whats for certain is they will make one.

:mad:

JMHO!

SilverBullionaire
12-05-2010, 02:13 PM
they bullion banks cant cover. it would break them. they cant drive the price down because the physical buying was incredible.

whats their next move?

whats for certain is they will make one.

:mad:

JMHO!

This is a very intensive situation right now. I don't want to know how it must feel right now, to be short several hundred millions of ounces.

Let's crash'em!

edssco
12-09-2010, 12:18 AM
I hope/feel the JPM etc. raid is over ,for now ? I will try to buy tomorrow

zostar
08-28-2012, 07:50 AM
same Bat time, same Bat channel, stay tuned ...

could move up a bit from here I suppose, interesting times ...

shel8483
08-28-2012, 09:01 AM
I think we will see it happen sooner than you think. Here is my theory... Centeral banks print money. They buy PM's with the printed money. All they can find. Run out of money Print more. Buy until PM's are so expensive no one can afford them. Then they devalue their dollar. Print a new one and back it with the gold they bought with the worthless money. Its a win-win for them. Its a proven fact Centeral banks are buying like crazy. Why you say? So they end up holding all the assets anyway. The common man ends up having to go to the centeral banks for the new dollar or the devalued one anyway because most people(like everyone I know) do not have a clue when it comes to buying metals, and WILL get caught holding the bag.

tradebot
08-28-2012, 12:26 PM
After this video, I bet your gut changes its feeling from "up" to "to the moon"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_YkJF7JhWo

That vid was loaded on youtube 2yrs ago...

iverson
08-28-2012, 12:35 PM
That vid was loaded on youtube 2yrs ago...

His post is also 2 years old.... :p

Lorian
08-28-2012, 12:53 PM
same Bat time, same Bat channel, stay tuned ...

could move up a bit from here I suppose, interesting times ...
Good job bringing up this old topic. It's from before me and silver, and it's good to see who said what back then, in the light of what happened afterwards.

redphi
08-28-2012, 01:23 PM
My gut feeling,the fuse is lit,times up,TG i have relatively enough :D

captainsilverton
08-28-2012, 02:23 PM
My gut feeling,the fuse is lit,times up,TG i have relatively enough :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^where have i seen this photograph minus the graph?????????????????hmmm..?

INCT

Jimdepot
08-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Wow, two years ago........ Will it ever happen?

(This could happen through JPM covering, Comex default, China itself buying massive quantities, causing a short squeeze...)

still stackin :)

Mr Grace
08-28-2012, 03:31 PM
My gut feeling is shown below:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1731/silverxc.png

redphi
08-28-2012, 08:49 PM
google images or my bank fault,but my stack is for looky see see only ;)

zostar
08-28-2012, 09:10 PM
We do have to expect what effect that the Bernack in
Jackson's Hole WY will be,

will the Bernack play the "bigfoot" role and try to be scary , like this poor
fellow ...

quoted news article AP:
" "
A man dressed in a military-style "ghillie" suit and apparently trying to provoke reports of a Bigfoot sighting in northwest Montana was struck by two cars and killed, authorities said.

The man was standing in the right-hand lane of U.S. Highway 93 south of Kalispell on Sunday night when he was hit by the first car, according to the Montana Highway Patrol. A second car hit the man as he lay in the roadway, authorities said.

Flathead County officials identified the man as R. Tenley, 44, of Kalispell. Trooper Jim Schneider said motives were ascertained during interviews with friends, and alcohol may have been a factor but investigators were awaiting tests.

"He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting," Schneider told the Daily Inter Lake on Monday. "You can't make it up. I haven't seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him."

Ghillie suits are a type of full-body clothing made to resemble heavy foliage and used to camouflage military snipers.

"He probably would not have been very easy to see at all," Schneider told KECI-TV.

Tenley was struck by vehicles driven by two girls, ages 15 and 17, who were unable to stop in time, authorities said.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
end quote""

captainsilverton
08-28-2012, 09:15 PM
a ghillie suit in urban ,forested or desert camo with distortion attachments, is always a handy prep to have close by... not to be played with.....

INCT