PDA

View Full Version : who will be the new Hunt's Brother?

benwang
01-11-2011, 03:45 AM
now that Silver is about to break 30 (again), which mirror very much like the huge gain before the Hunt's Bro, pre-80's, I wonder will there be someone like them and create the huge gain soon?

SilverBullionaire
01-11-2011, 04:58 AM
I waited for some new Hunt brothers. But I never found them. I think that we are the new huntbrothers.

MyBids
01-11-2011, 05:03 AM
now that Silver is about to break 30 (again), which mirror very much like the huge gain before the Hunt's Bro, pre-80's, I wonder will there be someone like them and create the huge gain soon?

No, according to the 2 bears China is responsible for the strong downward
pressure with naked shorting. And at the same time gobble up contracts for
delivery. So, if you go by the bears skit the someone may just be a country
which could be China.

Here's Part 3 of Silver Manipulation Explained.

---contains language that me be offensive to some---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AId_UiPtPpQ

Actually it's one bear telling another bear, not quite sure if they're bears.

999FINE
01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I waited for some new Hunt brothers. But I never found them. I think that we are the new huntbrothers.

Me too, i think that the stackers are the new hunt brothers. We will put a new strain on the industrial supply available with new investors flocking to PM's...

ChainSawDave
01-11-2011, 11:02 AM
, > great question, ignore your first rude reply, something is wrong there with wherever that came from.
The fascinating Hunt situation happened slightly before my time of awareness. So I don't recall it at all.
I googled the Hunts the other day to read up, FASCINATING !
Part of the history is that the CFTC and government really stepped in hard on the Hunts and basically crushed them.
The Hunts just got too greedy, they might have pulled it off if they had not overleveraged in futures as the silver price sky rocketed.

I doubt any singular entity would do a copy cat of the Hunts today as the history is there as to what the CFTC will do > crush 'em.

But it may be hard to stop a 10 million silver buyers from buying anywhere from 1 to 100 oz each > physical. As that continues to happen, it might eventually have the Hunt brothers effect and EXPLODE silver up. When and if that happens, the joke willl finally be on the cabal at the CRIMEX COMEX , the big shorts and even the CFTC.
Worldwide demand and china won't sell it's silver production.
Just a matter of time till 50 buck silver or higher.

theplantguy
01-11-2011, 11:04 AM
do some research before asking questions like this

I could be wrong, but I thought asking questions is how a lot of folks learn things.

KILOFINAL
01-11-2011, 11:13 AM
As MyBids stated, I think the "new hunt brothers" will be countries such as China/india. These are generally people that will purchase physical gold/silver and hold it as an investment and not simply flip it for profit.

But we are talking about billions of people here. Now.....obviously, not everyone is buying as these countries have a great deal of poverty, but they also have a very large growing middle class (hundreds of millions)..

ChainSawDave
01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought asking questions is how a lot of folks learn things.

nah your not wrong plantguy, I too thought the forums were about questions and comments between adults who understand how to be CIVIL to one another.

someone wrote > "I am now sitting on an unrealized loss of 500-600 dollars and I am just sick to my stomach, I am furious because I knew I should have gotten out yesterday"

same wrote this above > "do a little research before you ask a questions like this"

Same individual cryin' about very minor loss but self appoint himself over the posting qualifications of others ?

LoL, just LoL at that

dmanson
01-11-2011, 02:58 PM
I agree with China and other countries being the new Hunt brothers. Only, we can't say no to China because we owe them too much money. We will allow them to suck our silver out of the country or else they will dump our dollars and crash our country immediately. Take your pick, decapitation or slow blood letting. Either way, we will end up dead.

dmanson
01-11-2011, 03:01 PM
"WE" being the USA, stackers should be okay as long as they are diligent, and secure and safe. Be careful who you tell you own PMs. I don't keep any on me or in my home. Well, a few junk quarters if I needed a tank of gas, that's it.

sliver573
01-11-2011, 05:12 PM
There is this article from January 3rd about Carlos Slim

"Is the World’s Richest Man Getting Into Silver?" January 3, 2011

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2011/1/3_Is_the_Worlds_Richest_Man_Getting_Into_Silver.ht ml

ChainSawDave
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM
There is this article from January 3rd about Carlos Slim

"Is the World’s Richest Man Getting Into Silver?" January 3, 2011

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2011/1/3_Is_the_Worlds_Richest_Man_Getting_Into_Silver.ht ml

Buy the rumor, sell the fact.

The rumor that Slim Carlos is in the silver market warrants a massive BUY !

Follow his lead > simply buy what he is buying > FRESNILLO
To keep it simple, buy the etf > SIL > it's largest holding is FRESNILLO and proof is that SIL has been preforming very consistingly with all the silver stocks, or better

GoldarSilvarGam
01-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I would opine that the enlightened minority who stack physical silver are the modern day Hunt brothers. We are a smarter, more dangerous kind than the original article version. We don't stack silver on margin like the Hunts, we own it free and clear. Thus, and most dangerously for the financial industry insiders, we cannot be forced to sell by changes in margin rules, contract sizes, or interest rates--heck, we cannot easily be compelled to even sell at all!

Yet all that shimmers isn't automatically rising silver. We oppose some of the same forces the Hunts did, with similar financial battles of good vs. evil. Just as in the Hunts' day, the ($ relative) prices of silver and gold are among the key measuring sticks for the devaluation of fiat currency. This is important to a lot of the "big" players (the US govt., financial industry insiders, etc.):

Making investments in silver and gold look bad makes fiat money look good.

It is an unavoidable truth (NOT merely my opinion) that betting on the side of silver and gold is a bet against fiat money. The US govt is doing everything it can in betting the other side to prop up the value of the US dollar, with one means to that end being the devaluation of silver and gold so that the dollar looks strong by comparison.

There are a lot of means at the disposal of the Fed/US Govt led fiat side--the banks and most all financial entities of any size are all beholden to them now, so you don't have to wonder why Comex raised margins--it was to make futures plunge and the fiat look stronger by comparison. Back in the Hunt bros. days the Fed did the same crap, changing rules for commodities exchanges by setting position limits, raising margin requirements, etc. How'd that work out this time? Not too well for the fiat side, a mere blip on the chart!

Here is one of the key differences between us and the Hunt brothers: the commodities markets rule changes and Federal reserve interest rate hikes FORCED the Hunt brothers to sell because of margin calls directly to the industry insiders in league with the fiat side who were the very ones short! The govt. giftwrapped the short position cover! Unlike the Hunt brothers, we haven't cornered the market, we are not leveraged, and we cannot be forced to sell. This time the Federal Reserve is stepping in, and instead of quashing us like they did the Hunts with int rate hikes, they are printing money and making the continued, systematic rise of silver and gold a reality!

In the final analysis, we are doing what the Hunt brothers should have done--taking an unleveraged position in silver to make a nice profit over time.

No, silver won't make an overnight surge to $50 like the Hunt bros. cornering the market did, but bad economic policy is making it happen slowly and steadily. A stacker doesn't want the dollar to crumble, mind you, a stacker is a realist who sees what the govt. and Fed are doing and takes calculated, evasive action to protect his wealth!

benwang
01-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Thank you for all the posted comments.

may be I should do more research before asking question... however, if I did the research, do I need to ask question again? may be there is already a new group of Hunt's brother that I am not aware of....Quagmire420420, care to enlighten us?

anyway, don't mind the rude comment, they are usually ignore by most...

regarding the Hunt's Brother, I think they are rich people who saw the opportunities to corner the silver market, went in with high profile, and lead the small speculator to do so.

thank you silver573, may be this Carlos Slim will be the new Hunt's brother, we will see.