PDA

View Full Version : Profit taking, and Bears!

Medina
01-13-2011, 03:13 PM
People are taking profit, and although physical silver is out and almost impossible to buy, paper is, and therefore its also being sold.

The bears are now taking control over the market. I should leave my positions, but I am still in doubt.

What do you guys think will be potential down targets?

laredo7mm
01-13-2011, 03:19 PM
...What do you guys think will be potential down targets?

$12.00 per ozt

Medina
01-13-2011, 03:21 PM
$12.00 per ozt

Yes please.

Mrpublic
01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
People are taking profit, and although physical silver is out and almost impossible to buy, paper is, and therefore its also being sold.

The bears are now taking control over the market. I should leave my positions, but I am still in doubt.

There is plenty of physical silver to buy for the small investor right now. try the other 5-letter (starts with "a"). They have plaenty. I am not sure about Kitco (I did not check).

DougG
01-13-2011, 03:25 PM

You live in the wrong part of the country. Lots of silver in the Seattle Metro area

Medina
01-13-2011, 03:29 PM
I live in Holland my friends, not the USA.

Quagmire420420
01-13-2011, 03:31 PM
$12.00 per ozt

sarcasm much?

laredo7mm
01-13-2011, 03:35 PM
sarcasm much?

Nope, the OP asked what I thought and I told him.

droopy
01-13-2011, 04:00 PM
$12.00 per ozt

You must be holding a lot of FRNs, or a small stack.
$12.00 an ounce? I have seen that number, and I try never to say never, but IMO. When pigs fly!:eek:

LineNoize
01-13-2011, 04:06 PM
You live in the wrong part of the country. Lots of silver in the Seattle Metro area

There's also lots of silver in the Portland Metro area (about 3hrs drive south of Seattle).

I spoke to one dealer a few days ago and he said he's got "...LOTS of silver."

In fact, the reason for my call was because I noticed he was paying spot for everything... rounds, ASE, and maples... was paying BELOW spot for 100oz bars and 10oz bars... but the interesthing thing (to me) was that he was paying BELOW spot for Austrian Philharmonics.

I asked him if there was anything "wrong" with the Austrian coins in his opinion and he said, "Not at all... silver is silver is silver."

I said, "It seems to me that all silver is equal but some is more equal than others to you as you pay spot for some and below spot for others?" :D

He just laughed and said, "There isn't much demand for them so he's paying less... most people want ASE and maples... and he's got so many of those he's not paying more than spot right now.

All in all it was an interesting conversation and it makes me pause and wonder if the premiums I paid for maples and ASE might one day just "vanish" as "silver is silver".

Who knows.

Skydude
01-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Just wondering..how much below spot.?

HighInBC
01-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Lots of silver for sale, look in the buy/sell/trade section.