PDA

View Full Version : looking at the monthly charts

mach1sc
01-28-2011, 09:00 AM
the last chart that looked close to jan. 2011 was july 2010.
and we have has a lot of gains since then. so i say the future is bright for silver.

Scorp
01-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Are u serious with that chart?

coindog
01-28-2011, 09:27 AM
I eat a lot of chicken so I just shake the bones and study the fallout pattern. that's my chart method;)

97guns
01-28-2011, 10:09 AM
i just had a GG flashback

AgStacker
01-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Just a question, why the gold charts on the silver forum? Doesn't silver have a moon and a perihellion and chalupa combo too?

SilverGal
01-28-2011, 10:16 AM
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab301/MyOrganicGarden/Holdfastastrodatakit/f13ed0eb.gif

SO where is it now?:confused:

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab301/MyOrganicGarden/Holdfastastrodatakit/6c15f3eb.gif

???????????

mach1sc
01-28-2011, 10:24 AM
look i am a newbie, and you can all poke fun at me all you want.
but in the 1/2 hour since my post silver has risen .50 an ounce.
so at least on the short term my prediction was correct.
put that in your pipe and smoke it.

we will see how the end of feb. looks.
you wont hear from me until then.

AgStacker
01-28-2011, 10:31 AM
No one was poking fun at you (as far as I know) it was Hold Fasts charts that got us going. BTW, I have long been a fan of positive silver predictions, you have some catching up to do there.

SilverGal
01-28-2011, 10:33 AM
No! No one's poking fun at you, me personally, well just confused with why Holdfast posted that gold chart on your thread that's all.

coindog
01-28-2011, 10:37 AM
No one was poking fun at you (as far as I know) it was Hold Fasts charts that got us going. BTW, I have long been a fan of positive silver predictions, you have some catching up to do there.

I'm not poking at anybody, I'm just trying to have any fun I can this month. It isn't too easy so far. ;)

Aimstr8
01-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I eat a lot of chicken so I just shake the bones and study the fallout pattern. that's my chart method;)

Bwwahahahahaha!!

lonewolf
01-28-2011, 10:49 AM
I am a striper fisherman...I use moon to predict striper tides. Now I guess I will go lunar with pm's total eclipse fooled by a blue moon means moon shot.

CaptainTripps
01-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Moon, stars, TA, Fiboncci, chicken bones, whatever. Its all voodoo and nothing is ever spot on. At least its something to look at. I think if anyone knows the secrets to predicting the future they are probably sitting on a beach enjoying life and not giving up their secret methods.

AgStacker
01-28-2011, 11:04 AM
And yet year after year good poker players beat bad ones, it is possible to know something about the future and "spot on" isn't the only measure of success.

The point I am making is that it isn't some unknowable mystery that you shouldn't even try to solve. The more work you do, the more "lucky" calls you will make.

Moon, stars, TA, Fiboncci, chicken bones, whatever. Its all voodoo and nothing is ever spot on. At least its something to look at. I think if anyone knows the secrets to predicting the future they are probably sitting on a beach enjoying life and not giving up their secret methods.

jayjay
01-28-2011, 11:28 AM
The big difference between poker players and PM chartists is that poker players pay and play, chartists pay and pray.

AgStacker
01-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I want to know where chartists put Egypt today.

I have said for YEARS now that charts are great if you want to predict what already happened.

They do work in some markets better than others any guesses which one has the worst record for TA only guys?

A:
It rhymes with Bilver.

SilverMiner
01-28-2011, 11:55 AM
I'd have to agree with most of your sentiment on TA. It makes as much sense to me as deciding which color to pick on a roullette bet based on the previous 32 spins. The ball and the wheel have no memory. Likeiwse the forces acting on the price of a PM don't care what picture has played out in previous times for the most part.

Now I suppose an argument could be made for people's behaviours to repeat to some degree and I assume that is what TA hangs its credentials on, but that is a pretty small hook, IMO.

A reasoning person would assume that understanding the market factors in play, as much as possible, would lend toward a more accurate prediction, over time. The poker analogy is quite accurate.

AgStacker
01-28-2011, 12:08 PM
SilverMiner,

Yes, TA has it's place, in fact I use it to put a visual picture on things I want to convey, like my bear market is slowing call about 2 minutes before this big move up today.

You will note I said "TA only guys" it is not a good thing to over rely on. I use the cane analogy, you would be fine using a cane TA to support otherwise functional legs but it would a real trick waking ONLY on canes without legs.

I factor conventional TA in my silver quotient I generate, it represents about 7% of my scoring model. Simple math means 93% of my thinking isn't dependent on TA.

Use it? Sure. Bet your money or reputation on it alone... no that would be foolish particularly in silver.

HomerJ
01-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Charts don't take into account variables.
If there were no variables, charts would work 100% of the time which is to say that at a point, they would stop working.

AgStacker
01-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Silver sure as hell didn't follow gold from August to December, it lead it. If they followed each other or were the same we wouldn't have two forums.

FWIW, I wasn't unhappy I was just asking how they applied since no explanation was offered and they were clearly labeled "gold".

You don't like the gold chart!:) But silver follows gold.

Any way, just to please you, I'll remove the charts!

Are you happy now:cool:

H:)

Scorp
01-29-2011, 12:31 AM
The astrological gold chart made me laugh, it's been removed since but it was hilarious to me. What chart were you talking about? Didn't see it in your original post...

SilverGal
01-29-2011, 01:05 AM
SilverGal, has copied the image so unless she deletes the image or the mod does then it's left up to me.

Where's the chart that i copied? it's not there and I didn't delete it either! Why would you wanna delete it for in the first place? it's funny!!! but a silver chart with an astrological data would have been better! :p

KILOFINAL
01-29-2011, 01:15 AM
That's a fantastic chart!!!!...wow......I hope it drops to $15 or even $10....please!...................I won't stop buying.

KILOFINAL
01-29-2011, 01:18 AM
SilverMiner,

Yes, TA has it's place, in fact I use it to put a visual picture on things I want to convey, like my bear market is slowing call about 2 minutes before this big move up today.

You will note I said "TA only guys" it is not a good thing to over rely on. I use the cane analogy, you would be fine using a cane TA to support otherwise functional legs but it would a real trick waking ONLY on canes without legs.

I factor conventional TA in my silver quotient I generate, it represents about 7% of my scoring model. Simple math means 93% of my thinking isn't dependent on TA.

Use it? Sure. Bet your money or reputation on it alone... no that would be foolish particularly in silver.

Yeah........I use TA also.....but for me TA means - TAKE ADVANTAGE. I'm buying all I can afford at all levels.

Scorp
01-29-2011, 05:48 AM
For you SilverGal I did a few little charts and; hopefully AgStacker will be happy too.

There's nothing we can't sort out if we are kind;)

Mmm, H must look at his rapport skills:o

H:)

I think the original poster was comparing July 2010 to January 2011, care to post these 2 just so we get back on his topic?

sacca
01-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Charting is a favorite of mine. When there is clear explanations that coincide with the charts you have a winner. We are now 14 Trillion Dollars in debt, some say the figure is much much higher than that. The charts show Silver was oversold and I too commented yesterday morning on that fact. Result---> Silver up over $ 1 yesterday !!!!

AgStacker
01-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Way too much caffeine FastMover, I barely noticed this thread. I hope you get over your resentment soon.

I agree silver has a very bright future, and have been saying that for many years.

mach1sc
02-27-2011, 01:06 PM
yes the future is looking bright for silver. i am going to go out on a limb and say i think we will have price advancements monthly until July.