PDA

View Full Version : 9999 Half Crown - 30

FreddyKrug
02-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Just been sent an email for this offer:

http://www.londonmintoffice.org/fabula-aurum-pure-gold-coin/

Can't see any weight on the site - anyone know anything about it?

coindog
02-18-2011, 09:12 AM
usual private mint rip-off. 8mm is a about 1/2 the size (16.5) of a 1/10 oz. AGE. It's almost funny it's so bad. :eek:

Legio Patria Nostra
02-18-2011, 09:42 AM
usual private mint rip-off. 8mm is a about 1/2 the size (16.5) of a 1/10 oz. AGE. It's almost funny it's so bad. :eek:

I agree .... have looked on 24 web-site's ...no info on this one ...
seems like it's a 1/20 oz coin at best .... most likely a 1/25 oz
Also ...crowns are know to be 22KT ....so a small coin 24 Kt might be confusing !

FreddyKrug
02-18-2011, 10:45 AM
That's a pity - I'm on their mailing list because I bought an uncirculated Sovereign from them a while ago at just under spot. The catch being they then send you 'more coins in the series' at vastly over spot.

If this is 1/25oz it is under spot but probably not worth the hassle of having to then cancel the rest of the series being sent to you, although all it took was one phone call previously.

DiggerUK
02-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Just been sent an email for this offer:
http://www.londonmintoffice.org/fabula-aurum-pure-gold-coin/...

But let us not forget when half the UK goldbugs stiffed them for sovs at 139 a pop about a year back now.
I even got a 1/4 sov for 49.95, but no damned gloves.:mad:

Legio Patria Nostra
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
That's a pity - I'm on their mailing list because I bought an uncirculated Sovereign from them a while ago at just under spot. The catch being they then send you 'more coins in the series' at vastly over spot.

If this is 1/25oz it is under spot but probably not worth the hassle of having to then cancel the rest of the series being sent to you, although all it took was one phone call previously.

Well ... If you trust them to cancel by a phone-call ... I would go for it !
That is if you like this one ( me I think it's good looking ) ... but just to be one the safe side ... I would cancel by letter aswell !
Best of luck !

coindog
02-18-2011, 11:54 AM
on their site I checked other offers. silver eagle or silver philharmonic only 69 each. there you are-load up. :eek:

mkcurtis
02-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Stay away from this outfit. Scammers and prey on the uneducated. Once they have your address you'll get sent coins in the post for approval almost everyweek and you need to send them back recorded post which will cost you. Low quality plated coins with only a 0.0000001 percent of the value they want to charge. Not connected to The Royal Mint in anyway and a private rip off company. A member of my family requested a coin and the hassle of returns, value of the coin and actualy getting off their mAiling list were just a few of the problems we had. Stay well clear

Tominitaly
02-18-2011, 12:54 PM
on their site I checked other offers. silver eagle or silver philharmonic only 69 each. there you are-load up. :eek:

Unbelievable! 69 is approx 82 euros.

A Philharmonica costs about 29 euros, so they're charging almost three times the going rate!!

It's the first time I've ever seen a site that sells gold coins without the weight.

Is this legal?

Steve