PDA

View Full Version : I know alot of Silver Investors

Medina
03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Hello,

Some people here seem to think that the average Joe is not buying silver, maybe this is your own personal experience but for me, I know a lot of Silver and PM investors!

First of my GF. Then 5 Friends I have, 1 from College, 3 from Jobs and 1 Who is my best friend. I convinced three of them to buy silver. So Then I know my dealer and my brother who also has Silver Coins.

I know people who would love to buy krugers, or maples, but dont have the money. Dont think all of the public doesnt know whats happening!

pacman
03-28-2011, 04:06 PM
What type of work do you do if you don't mind me asking?

Medina
03-28-2011, 04:23 PM
What type of work do you do if you don't mind me asking?

I am a marketeer.

II DALTON II
03-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Hello,

Some people here seem to think that the average Joe is not buying silver, maybe this is your own personal experience but for me, I know a lot of Silver and PM investors!

First of my GF. Then 5 Friends I have, 1 from College, 3 from Jobs and 1 Who is my best friend. I convinced three of them to buy silver. So Then I know my dealer and my brother who also has Silver Coins.

I know people who would love to buy krugers, or maples, but dont have the money. Dont think all of the public doesnt know whats happening!

That's the power of influence. If you had not been buying would your GF or friends be buying?

Medina
03-28-2011, 04:42 PM
That's the power of influence. If you had not been buying would your GF or friends be buying?

Maybe, Maybe not, For me I dont know, 1 for sure since he is smart and I kinda told him when he also wanted to tell me in 2009.

Do you guys know many?

Medina
03-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi Medina and Plantguy,

I pumped it a bit when spot was around $12 (2009), thinking it was grossly undervalued. I am not saying anything to friends now, not wanting to get them in at 3x what it was 2 short years ago. While I may buy, I don't need them to (buy) and see it drop to $24. Perhaps I am being selfish, I see it hitting $45 and $28 at the same time. Sort of like tell them to DYOD - thoughts?

Thats the difficult part, luckily I was able to already convince them in mid 2009 they all have been buying arround 16. So they are happy people. Except my GF her first buy was at 24, but she doesnt mind now either.

Chazmo
03-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Maybe, Maybe not, For me I dont know, 1 for sure since he is smart and I kinda told him when he also wanted to tell me in 2009.

Do you guys know many?

nope.. no one.. just you anonymous people on this glowing screen.. :D

Medina
03-28-2011, 04:52 PM
nope.. no one.. just you anonymous people on this glowing screen.. :D

Maybe we arent even people... This is so not personal... But better then a gun against your head, thats again, to personal:D

You guys should just talk abit about inflation and the state of the economy I know enough people who know prices will skyrocket in the near future, if they know about gold or silver is the question?

Is the spike at augustus 2010 till now just a normal 'investment demand' or is it just a bit bigger? Maybe we are already in the mania phase? Dealers in Germany are closing, my dealer has 900 Oz reserves and another 5000 oz in shipment, alredy waiting 6 months, Canadian and USA mint dont take orders anymore he told me.

II DALTON II
03-28-2011, 04:55 PM
No matter how much I pump it and talk about my % gains I can never concince anyone to get some PMs. It's like trying to sell sand to Arabs.

Chazmo
03-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Maybe we arent even people... This is so not personal... But better then a gun against your head, thats again, to personal:D

You guys should just talk abit about inflation and the state of the economy I know enough people who know prices will skyrocket in the near future, if they know about gold or silver is the question?

Is the spike at augustus 2010 till now just a normal 'investment demand' or is it just a bit bigger? Maybe we are already in the mania phase? Dealers in Germany are closing, my dealer has 900 Oz reserves and another 5000 oz in shipment, alredy waiting 6 months, Canadian and USA mint dont take orders anymore he told me.

Most people are stuck in Normalcy Bias.. Their eyes glaze over when you mention the Fed, silver, gold, etc..

Besides i'm done trying to convince anyone. If they don't get it by now Lord help them. They will when it's too late.

Ember
03-28-2011, 05:02 PM
I know of no one personally. All talk from a couple people I know, but have yet to jump in. One has been thinking about cashing out their 401k and purchasing silver, but has yet to do anything.

ivandorock
03-28-2011, 05:04 PM
the more you tell the more they know:eek:

Medina
03-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Most people are stuck in Normalcy Bias.. Their eyes glaze over when you mention the Fed, silver, gold, etc..

Besides i'm done trying to convince anyone. If they don't get it by now Lord help them. They will when it's too late.

True, Ive also quit the convincing tour, Ive done it through 2009 and figured out it would be saver not to mention gold or silver. If anyone now approaches me I deny that I am in the market, and that I like metals but have no money, unfortunatly to spend for PMs.

Chrisadamley
03-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Your GF would never have bought if you hadn't....

Ask random people on the street in your town if they know what silver is worth. And not just outside your pm place

shall
03-28-2011, 05:24 PM
I know of 2 people who are investing in physical silver
Both people were not influenced my me in any way and I just found out through casual conversation

woody redpecker
03-28-2011, 05:58 PM
I said something about buying silver a few times at work and I was told I was going to get burned buying that junk. I have never mentioned it again.

I got mom to buy a few rolls of half dollars last fall. She is happy she did.

New2PM
03-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Outside of Kitco fourms, one guy I've bought from, and my daughter... I don't know anyone who is stacking.

I've had some family & friends listen to me. But none are stacking that I know of.

GottaHaveIt
03-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Put me down as somebody who thought goldbugs and silver bugs were nuts. :eek:

No offense, but until last December I thought guys who hoarded gold were crazy survivalists .... silver was not even a consideration.

Then I ran into some interesting articles about why the "smart money" was going into silver, it was going to be the investment of the decade, and so on.

So I started to read ... and read some more ... and read some more ...

My wife was really pissed because I would stay up all night studying the silver market. I was literally getting only 2-3 hours of sleep per night.

I had finally seen the light and bought my first silver at the end of December ... right at the "peak of the market."

But I didn't panic, I kept buying more as it went down in January and I went heavily into silver mining stocks in my IRA which was previously 100% cash.

So I am a recent convert to silver ... but it took a very long time for me to even look at it, let alone consider it as a serious investment.

Now I'm "all in."

Many, many people are in the same category as me. You have to realize that most stock market and real estate investors still think of people who invest in gold and silver as nuts ... metals don't produce any income and appreciation is totally "random" with no basis in fundamental investing, or at least that's how they see it ... but when I finally sat down and realized that gold had gone up every year for the past ten years while the S&P 500 was a flat turd ... and now silver was poised to do the same thing, the light finally went off.

Also, the government printing money out of thin air can't end well.

But PM investing will always be a tiny percentage of the overall investing public because the entire stock market, banking and real estate industries have programmed people to look at goldbugs and silverbugs as crazies. Nobody wants to be thought of as "crazy" so they won't take you seriously when you try to convince them to buy silver.

AgKBT
03-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Medina, I think the people you surround yourself with have similar sensibilities, so they stack too.
The people you don't associate with, well, who knows if they stack, right?
That is skewing your assessment.

It's like asking a pro-golfer how many pro-golfers he knows, he knows dozens.
As an opera singer how many pro-golfers he knows, probably not as many.
:)

silverboyxxx
03-28-2011, 07:02 PM
my father R.I.P. dad. helped get me out of baseball cards at age 16 and into metals. i only bought a little here and there anytime i saw a deal i just hit 30. now thinking back that was one of the best things he could have tought me, you know often times we laugh at what parents say but you know they have been around awhile to see everything go in cirlcles it seems. as for friends no noone listened they were too busy buying beer and car parts, i did manage to get my brother into it some not as much as us but any bit helps....;)

Deezuhl
03-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Silver investors are still less than 1% of all people in the US ill bet.. Its not much..

cheesybread
03-28-2011, 07:22 PM
I keep my investments to myself now. People at work were giving crap for buying 200oz at 29$ and then recently they asked jokingly what the Ag price was and I said around 38$. I'll keep quiet about it for the next couple years. Maybe when the price is 85/oz and I've got 2k ounces lying around I'll start talking again.

kutblok
03-28-2011, 07:34 PM
I keep my investments to myself now. People at work were giving crap for buying 200oz at 29$ and then recently they asked jokingly what the Ag price was and I said around 38$. I'll keep quiet about it for the next couple years. Maybe when the price is 85/oz and I've got 2k ounces lying around I'll start talking again.

Please don't. Even if you don't have to worry about the people you tell, it's the people they tell and on and on. It happened to me in my big mouthed youth.

GottaHaveIt
03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Please don't. Even if you don't have to worry about the people you tell, it's the people they tell and on and on. It happened to me in my big mouthed youth.

Exactly! I've heard several stories of people being robbed of their silver/gold because somebody told somebody, who told somebody else ... until word got to the wrong somebody.

I don't even tell my own kids that I have silver! :cool:

calmbreeze
03-28-2011, 08:09 PM
In my residence area it is evident that some J6Ps are waking up. At an auction Sat. all circulated common date Morgan and Peace silver dollars brought $38-$40 each (spot @ $28.88), all common date circulated W-L, F, & Ken. halves sold for $16 & 17 dollars each (spot @ $13 something), all-ditto worn quarters $8.50-$9.00 (spot at about $6 something) and all the Merc. & Roos. dimes brought $3.50 & $4.00 apiece (spot was $2.67).

There was the sense that the folks didn't have any, felt they needed to have the coins, and believed that there value is going north in coming months/years.

The auctioneer offered all the coins at "you're bidding on one; you can buy as many as you want." Every buyer took all the coins that were in that lot.

Side bar: Am now seeing very few 95% copper pennies in change, when compared with what I had been seeing the past couple of years.

Johnnyzed
03-28-2011, 09:19 PM
In my residence area it is evident that some J6Ps are waking up. At an auction Sat. all circulated common date Morgan and Peace silver dollars brought $38-$40 each (spot @ $28.88), all common date circulated W-L, F, & Ken. halves sold for $16 & 17 dollars each (spot @ $13 something), all-ditto worn quarters $8.50-$9.00 (spot at about $6 something) and all the Merc. & Roos. dimes brought $3.50 & $4.00 apiece (spot was $2.67).

There was the sense that the folks didn't have any, felt they needed to have the coins, and believed that there value is going north in coming months/years.

The auctioneer offered all the coins at "you're bidding on one; you can buy as many as you want." Every buyer took all the coins that were in that lot.

Side bar: Am now seeing very few 95% copper pennies in change, when compared with what I had been seeing the past couple of years.

Just out of curiosity, where was the auction held and how many people attended? I went to one in Las Vegas for unclaimed property and there were maybe 75-100 people there out of a population close to 1.5 million.

blitzdude
03-28-2011, 11:38 PM
I've been dumping some of my less than desireable Ag lately (40%, war nickels, Canadian, sterling etc.) I tell you it almost scares me becuase of the people I have been dealing with. In just about every case they are religious folk who believe SHTF is right around the corner and they always want to trade a firearm from the aresenal before giving up their worthless FRN's. Makes me think that Sunday preacher is preaching fear into these folks. I'm all for being prepared for a disaster but these cats have David Koresh / Bin Laden stamped all over them. :eek:

blitzdude
03-28-2011, 11:46 PM

Ditto on those copper pennies. Used to be 35-40% now I am lucky to get 10-15%.

beast_from_the_east
03-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Do you guys know many?

Most people I know own real estate, stocks, bonds, and such. Some own gold jewelry (you guessed it - foreigners...). If any of my acquaintances invest in silver, they sure don't advertise it.

Silver Dog
03-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Of all the people I've known or met in 53 years of my life I only know one that buys silver, but I rarely come across someone that even saves for a rainy day.

Coach Belichick
03-28-2011, 11:59 PM
my father R.I.P. dad. helped get me out of baseball cards at age 16 and into metals. i only bought a little here and there anytime i saw a deal i just hit 30. now thinking back that was one of the best things he could have tought me, you know often times we laugh at what parents say but you know they have been around awhile to see everything go in cirlcles it seems. as for friends no noone listened they were too busy buying beer and car parts, i did manage to get my brother into it some not as much as us but any bit helps....;)

Thats is awesome.

WISH WISH WISH i had someone get me into coins when i was young.. I wasted thousands of dollars on crappy pro set, upperdeck, and score sportscards that are worthless. Why didnt i focus on oldies like gretzky or lemieux or patrick roy? at least i would have had something!

FoolOnTheHill
03-29-2011, 12:05 AM
The people I'm surrounded by don't spend a lot of time investigating world finances. They are too busy with work, family, etc. It's my hobby, and I have a survivalist streak also, so naturally I like PMs. Over the past few years I've suggested to my closest buddys to buy some PM's. None did. I have a nephew who is interested and I slipped him a 1oz round a couple months back. He's not even 30, so I would guess there's some talk among his friends about the virtues of PMs.

uksilverhoarder
03-29-2011, 02:41 AM
Ditto on those copper pennies. Used to be 35-40% now I am lucky to get 10-15%.

its the same in the uk too.. Our copper coins changed from 97% copper to copper coated steel (yes they do rust!!!) at around 1992.. Ive noticed a massive decline in how many pre 92 copper coins that I get in my change. Most now are recent coins as in the last 10 years.. Im sure the banks are slowly taking them out of circulation while replacing them with base metal currency.. Its was on the cards.. they took the gold, then the silver, now the copper!!

Im stacking copper too!

coindog
03-29-2011, 02:52 AM
Thats is awesome.

WISH WISH WISH i had someone get me into coins when i was young.. I wasted thousands of dollars on crappy pro set, upperdeck, and score sportscards that are worthless. Why didnt i focus on oldies like gretzky or lemieux or patrick roy? at least i would have had something!

baseball cards- they made them by PRINTING as many as they felt like. ring any bells? :eek:

nealeffendi
03-29-2011, 04:10 AM

Hi, could you explain why the dealers in Germany are closing? Are they bullion dealers or coin (numismatic) dealers?
Does anybody else have dealers waiting 6 months? Is that normal and if the customers have to wait that long will we soon get to the situation that buyers will move from dealer to dealer (like locusts) and buy up their stock and totally dry up supply? Are we getting to a panic stage of shortages in physical?

Medina
03-29-2011, 04:29 AM
Hi, could you explain why the dealers in Germany are closing? Are they bullion dealers or coin (numismatic) dealers?
Does anybody else have dealers waiting 6 months? Is that normal and if the customers have to wait that long will we soon get to the situation that buyers will move from dealer to dealer (like locusts) and buy up their stock and totally dry up supply? Are we getting to a panic stage of shortages in physical?

I know of a few, My dealer is already waiting for months for his delivery. He says he's afraid hell have to close soon. Gold is in huge supply he says, but silver is not.

If he is just barking, I dont know, he seems a good guy to me, and honest. But you never know, he is selling the stuff so he must me biased.

More people hearing that kind of sounds of dealers? Or am I the only one?