PDA

View Full Version : Report Projects Bullish Silver Industrial Demand Outlook Through 2015

reptiles
03-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Prompted by a new blurb on Kitco's front page, I wanted to read the actual report from the Silver Institute (knowing it may be biased as it was funded by a Silver trade organization.)

Key findings from the report:

* The report maintains that stronger silver industrial demand in the U.S. and Asia will be a key factor in driving growth in the global total through 2015, and healthy developing country demand especially in markets such as China and India, will also be an important factor.
* Much of the forecast growth will come from established applications, such as silver’s use in electrical contacts and in the photo-voltaic market.
* The technical proficiency of silver limits the ability to switch in favor of lower-cost alternatives, making the metal largely price inelastic.
* Emerging end-uses that benefit from silver’s antibacterial properties or incorporate silver’s electrical and thermal conductivity are expected to boost silver consumption through 2015.

A little surfing revealed the pdf link for those interested.

Please click on the link below for The Future of Silver Industrial Demand report.

http://www.silverinstitute.org/images/stories/silver/PDF/futuresilverindustrialdemand.pdf

Johnnyzed
03-28-2011, 04:50 PM
They have the price of silver by 2015 at under $20USD. They must know something we don't.

mrgneiss
03-28-2011, 06:13 PM
They have the price of silver by 2015 at under $20USD. They must know something we don't.

They're using the "New" US dollar rate, where in 2015 the "Old" US dollar will have been converted to the "New" US dollars at a rate of 1000:1 :rolleyes:

silvertip
03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
price going down
demand going up
biased you say?
I am going to have to rethink the laws of supply and demand on this one.:(

jbsilver
03-28-2011, 07:05 PM
They're using the "New" US dollar rate, where in 2015 the "Old" US dollar will have been converted to the "New" US dollars at a rate of 1000:1 :rolleyes:

Do you have a link? According to my sources that rate will be only 100:1 ;)

mrgneiss
03-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Do you have a link? According to my sources that rate will be only 100:1 ;)

Well, I don't have a link for that, :D , but this is related and interesting:

http://www.munknee.com/2010/05/these-32-countries-have-seen-hyperinflation-in-past-100-years-whos-next/

Hyperinflation is less rare than many think.