PDA

View Full Version : Old Silver

MT Freeman
03-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Anyone else finding shops loaded with old silver that was done in the 70's and 80's? I took a run through a couple shops today and both had a lot of old Engelhard hand poured 10ers and old JM stuff. A lot of it is dinged up and tarnished which is the way I actually kind of like because it allows you to play with them without feeling bad about it. :p I picked up a few A-Mark/USVI Ingot Co. 10ers for $2 over spot which I thought was a pretty good price (could have got the Engelhard and JM's for same price). Those A-Mark/USVI Ingot Co. are old stackers identical to my other Academy/Scottsdale stackers ... I'd love to know the history because they are clearly older than the Academy stackers I've found. Also, bought 3 Canadian $1 1964 coins for $24 each.

One store was only selling generic rounds and the Engelhards and A-Mark for $2.00 over spot and was buying at $1.50 under spot. The other place was kind of out of whack on some stuff. They had Eagles at $48/each and Maples and Phils at $43 each. Engelhard Prospectors at $45 each. He was buying Eagles at spot and Prospectors at $1 under, generic was buying at $3.50 under.

AgStacker
03-29-2011, 01:21 AM
I see the EOP (engelhard old pours) bars around from time to time, some as recently as today.

Deezuhl
03-29-2011, 02:32 AM
I see the EOP (engelhard old pours) bars around from time to time, some as recently as today.

Those are my FAV!!!