04-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Many are complaining about them.

theplantguy
04-17-2011, 03:15 PM
New thread....same subject?

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=80583

Metal Hoarder
04-17-2011, 03:19 PM
No luck trolling a little over an hour ago on a different thread (https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=80583), so trying again. That really adds value. Maybe you should just burn down their HQ?

Gold Standard
04-17-2011, 04:04 PM

Details???? You need to explain yourself clearly as most of us are not fluent in trollish. :rolleyes:

Try to remember there are laws regulating gratuitous slander.

theplantguy
04-17-2011, 05:44 PM
I see he is not into providing any information..................imagine that

Furtive
04-17-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm planning on sending a few pieces of junk out to Midwest when we see spot hit $50. Anyone advising against them, please do tell us your story.

jejones3329
04-17-2011, 06:14 PM
All I can say is I have been pleased with them, quick turn around and have always gotten what I expected or more.

woodsgirl
04-17-2011, 06:16 PM
I have a bunch of scrap there now. Will let you know.:p

joethebummer
04-17-2011, 06:20 PM

generally ive had no complaint with midwest folk. down to earth, a bit naive perhaps, but generally speaking good natured people

Spanky
04-17-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm planning on sending a few pieces of junk out to Midwest when we see spot hit $50. Anyone advising against them, please do tell us your story.

I've been doing business with them for about 6 years -never a Problem, fair Prices and prompt Settlement - in fact, I spoke with them last week and I'm expecting a check tomorrow.

woodsgirl
04-17-2011, 06:55 PM
just send out a check as I asked? What was the turnaround time? I would think they are swamped.

ingots
04-17-2011, 07:13 PM
i sent midwest sixty pennyweight of 14k and a mere ten penneyweight of ten carat......

my assay came back barely over 12k.........

should have been at least 13k or better thats why i do not use them...

i also found a better paying refiner..... and the assays are spot on......

and yes i do calculate the "loss" of metals......

i have lots of gold and silver i send off regularly......

i choose not to use them.......:cool:

as always DYODD eh i get ninety four percent for silver and ninety eight for gold and the assays are spot on as i mentioned earlier....

grapesmuggler
04-17-2011, 07:35 PM
No one cares the first time he whines, so he tried again.

Swing and a miss

ziggy: umad?

additionaly, buy from kitco.

Spanky
04-17-2011, 08:26 PM
just send out a check as I asked? What was the turnaround time? I would think they are swamped.

Up until Ag hit $20/oz., turn around time was about a week (Sent in on Thursday and receive Check the following Thursday) but when the price jumps around I've waited as long as 2 Weeks...like the last shipment, I had tracking on it so I know they received it on Monday April 4th, I called on Thursday April 14th and they had just opened the Package...so they are a little Swamped but they're reliable and Prompt. I never call anymore before shipping, I just put my Name and Address inside with the Product, Approximate description and Weights and how I want it settled -Bullion, Check or Wire transfer. Usually within a Week I'm out squandering my Payoff. -Good Luck.

ingots
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Up until Ag hit $20/oz., turn around time was about a week (Sent in on Thursday and receive Check the following Thursday) but when the price jumps around I've waited as long as 2 Weeks...like the last shipment, I had tracking on it so I know they received it on Monday April 4th, I called on Thursday April 14th and they had just opened the Package...so they are a little Swamped but they're reliable and Prompt. I never call anymore before shipping, I just put my Name and Address inside with the Product, Approximate description and Weights and how I want it settled -Bullion, Check or Wire transfer. Usually within a Week I'm out squandering my Payoff. -Good Luck.

well get paid less...... i prefer not to......:eek:

Spanky
04-17-2011, 08:47 PM
well get paid less...... i prefer not to......:eek:

Well here's your Opportunity to enlighten us all. Where is this Magical Refinery that operates on such miniscule Margins? C'mon don't be shy...and their processing Fees are?..and Assay Fees are? and Handling Fees are...? I've never seen a Business that could survive on a 2 percent margin in an exceptionally Volatile Commodity trade like Au/Ag. Your Quote- Ninety-Four Percent on Silver and Ninety-Eight on Gold....they gotta be packing the Fees on..what's the name of the Refinery?

ingots
04-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Well here's your Opportunity to enlighten us all. Where is this Magical Refinery that operates on such miniscule Margins? C'mon don't be shy...and their processing Fees are?..and Assay Fees are? and Handling Fees are...? I've never seen a Business that could survive on a 2 percent margin in an exceptionally Volatile Commodity trade like Au/Ag. Your Quote- Ninety-Four Percent on Silver and Ninety-Eight on Gold....they gotta be packing the Fees on..what's the name of the Refinery?

ahhahahhahaahh

they charge sixty five to refine plus .25 per ounce weigh in charges ........ and they pay ninety four percent for silver........... and for gold its 65 bucks to refine and they pay ninety eigh percent heck for twenty oz of gold they pay ninety eight point five.............

DYODD to find them them like i did im not telling my refiner means i can pay more for gold silver its a dog eat dog world...... eh guess it could be named best refiners ever....... and they do pay what i said....................

latemetal1
04-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Who are you using, and why are they better?:cool: ahhahahhahaahh

they charge sixty five to refine plus .25 per ounce weigh in charges ........ and they pay ninety four percent for silver........... and for gold its 65 bucks to refine and they pay ninety eigh percent heck for twenty oz of gold they pay ninety eight point five.............

DYODD to find them them like i did

ingots
04-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Who are you using, and why are they better?:cool:

pay better.............

Copperhead
04-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Sure, some are going to pay better than others. Plus there will be differences of opinion as to purity or condition when buying. But none of that in of itself is a "scam".

AgGregator
04-17-2011, 09:18 PM
ahhahahhahaahh

DYODD to find them them like i did im not telling my refiner means i can pay more for gold silver its a dog eat dog world...... eh guess it could be named best refiners ever....... and they do pay what i said....................

I don't understand why you didn't just say they pay you to refine your goods. I guess anyone can say anything if they don't have to back it up.
:rolleyes:
Are you and Ziggy the same person?

ingots
04-17-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't understand why you didn't just say they pay you to refine your goods. I guess anyone can say anything if they don't have to back it up.
:rolleyes:
Are you and Ziggy the same person?

im not ziggy....... just a metal buyer.... who has sold alot of gold and silver...

alot of gold and silver midwest didnt get..............

eh well they screwed the wrong person..... oh well....:eek:

Spanky
04-17-2011, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=ingots;1311681]ahhahahhahaahh

QUOTE]

Midwest charges Nada, Zip, Zero, Zilch regardless of shipment size so a small player such as myself would get screwed by your refiner because "right out of the Gate" they'd cost $130 plus the Ounce Fees so I'd guess we're at an Impasse...I'm a small Player and you're a really really really big Player- for my game, Midwest is the more profitable...they pay 90% and 95% - no Fees.

ingots
04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Spanky;1311726][QUOTE=ingots;1311681]ahhahahhahaahh

QUOTE]

Midwest charges Nada, Zip, Zero, Zilch regardless of shipment size so a small player such as myself would get screwed by your refiner because "right out of the Gate" they'd cost $130 plus the Ounce Fees so I'd guess we're at an Impasse...I'm a small Player and you're a really really really big Player- for my game, Midwest is the more profitable...they pay 90% and 95% - no Fees.[/QUOT

ahahahhhahhahahhah

well your losing 4% for silver and 3% for gold....... just gotta save and wait is all man.... so your gonna send a silver spoon through mail for ninety percent?
"fudge" the numbers again??? hmmmmm i just prefer other refiners is all

jejones3329
04-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Hard to see with extra fees how it would be more profitable, I also don't get why one would mind naming the refiner they prefer. It is certainly not taking money out of your pocket if someone uses same refinery.

ingots
04-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Hard to see with extra fees how it would be more profitable, I also don't get why one would mind naming the refiner they prefer. It is certainly not taking money out of your pocket if someone uses same refinery.

if i get more from my refiner i can offer more for the gold and silver i buy... simple economics actually.....

use who you want makes no diff. to me......:eek:

also i guess the fact i send alot of silver and gold in at a time makes it wiser to use my refiner......... cant send in a simple cahian thats for sure

Emelynkwak
05-23-2011, 02:41 AM
if i get more from my refiner i can offer more for the gold and silver i buy... simple economics actually.....

use who you want makes no diff. to me......:eek:

also i guess the fact i send alot of silver and gold in at a time makes it wiser to use my refiner......... cant send in a simple cahian thats for sure

Sounds like Vaughn Refining is where he does his biz at