PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone attempted to work out mathmatically when this breakout will end?

hedron
04-22-2011, 12:50 AM
Looking at the ten year chart it seem to be in some sort of parabolic trajectory. My understanding is the main force driving this is normal backwardation caused by numerous global and financial reasons. So, again, looking at the 10 year chart there is a clear pattern of consolidation, breakout, crash then wash rinse repeat. Now, if I was smart enough (or maybe sober enough:o :rolleyes:) I could calculate just exactly the ratio of the parabolic curve to the price and length of consolidation that occurs, something like that and come up with a reasonably accurate price where the next big "correction" will occur.

I don't know, maybe I'm thinking too hard?

Vegeta
04-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Next correction occurs when the Fed say NO to QE3...LOL!

Alpine_Rain
04-22-2011, 01:08 AM
The "main force" driving this is a breakdown in confidence in the good faith and credit of the Federal Reserve Note.

Mathematically, the breakout will end in a differently named/valued currency.

Conax
04-22-2011, 01:11 AM
There was a thread about a formula last night I think.

Cloud Puncher
04-22-2011, 01:14 AM
hedron, your thinking too hard. The 'ol saying has always been, "past performance is no indication of future performance" Usually as a disclaimer. Those were the old rules, they don't apply anymore. The world has changed, and will continue to change as we sail into uncharted territory.

silvertip
04-22-2011, 01:54 AM
when cloud puncher says so he has the guns

16:1 $125 oz

stag15
04-22-2011, 02:01 AM
What do you mean mathematically? Adjusted for inflation it needs to reach $150 or higher just to break its old high. Or are you talking other math such as what silver/gold would need to reach to be 5% of investors' portfolios.

AgStacker
04-22-2011, 02:12 AM
Yes, they are called top callers and they have been calling tops in silver since 17. They have called 17 or 18 of the last 0 tops.

The silver market is the toughest commodity to use TA on, even the best at it are terrible in terms of accuracy.

This is more art than science.

AgKBT
04-22-2011, 02:31 AM
Trying to pin this down with math would be like like trying to figure out when a GF is either going to break up with you or ask you to bed, with math.
Good luck with allllll that. :p

Pay attention to the charts, keep an ear to the ground, and yes, use a little gut feeling. Math? I like math, but you can't nail something like this down with a formula.

Stewie
04-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Trying to pin this down with math would be like like trying to figure out when a GF is either going to break up with you or ask you to bed, with math.

Pay attention to the charts, keep an ear to the ground, and yes, use a little gut feeling. Math? I like math, but you can't nail something like this down with a formula.

Bail outs + Federal Reserve = Bail-out name change to - Quantative easing.

The United States = United States biggest creditor.

AgKBT
04-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Bail outs + Federal Reserve = Bail-out name change to - Quantative easing.

The United States = United States biggest creditor.

Well sure, math can show you the general direction of the blast, but in this case cannot accurately pin down the exact date and amounts involved.

StephenHawkinsVoiceBox
04-22-2011, 05:05 AM
Last week there was a thread regarding just this topic. The OP (a retired mathematician I think) provided some pretty nifty calculations.

Skilled_Kangaroo
04-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Yes, they are called top callers and they have been calling tops in silver since 17. They have called 17 or 18 of the last 0 tops.Lol. Well said.

II DALTON II
04-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Around $60 is a short term top I think.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/luckylegs10/04-08SIL02.jpg

Number 47
04-22-2011, 09:42 AM

Now that first one is a simple equation.

$0 = dumped.
$1,000,000 = Bed.

:p

Bman2011
04-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Looking at the ten year chart it seem to be in some sort of parabolic trajectory. My understanding is the main force driving this is normal backwardation caused by numerous global and financial reasons. So, again, looking at the 10 year chart there is a clear pattern of consolidation, breakout, crash then wash rinse repeat. Now, if I was smart enough (or maybe sober enough:o :rolleyes:) I could calculate just exactly the ratio of the parabolic curve to the price and length of consolidation that occurs, something like that and come up with a reasonably accurate price where the next big "correction" will occur.

I don't know, maybe I'm thinking too hard?

Yes, already figured out. Check my post titled BUMP AND RUN CHART.

sacca
04-22-2011, 10:02 AM
The "main force" driving this is a breakdown in confidence in the good faith and credit of the Federal Reserve Note.

Mathematically, the breakout will end in a differently named/valued currency.

Agree, the value of the dollar in 1979 compared to now has lost 2/3. That being said the chart of the high of around $ 50 is not a good gauge to go by except figuring in the current value of silver with inflation and the devalued dollar. Since the dollar is now 1/3 of 1979 my figures point to $ 150 an ounce if it was to peak at the 1979 value.

As it stands our past Presidents that were very critical of the banksters appear to be right. It is not all their fault though. Wreckless spending by our politicians or lets say ( Care Less ) they could care less as long as there is billions trillions to spend and siphen down to them. Irresponsibility lies exactly where it is.