04-22-2011, 02:38 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Imp_X/AgParab.jpg

I don't think we've seen nothin' yet.

We've not even hit the mania stage yet....:eek:

jeff_jenkins
04-22-2011, 02:44 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Imp_X/AgParab.jpg

I don't think we've seen nothin' yet.

Am definitely watching the GSR closely however....

I just wish it would crash down to 30 for a couple months.... its going up too damn fast.

GoldarSilvarGam
04-22-2011, 02:50 PM
The question is, will silver obey the laws of nature?

What goes up must come down. There are a lot of silver bulls around that claim to own anti-gravity boots fashioned of silver which, strangely enough, they apparently choose to wear tightly around their heads instead of their feet.

theplantguy
04-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Look familiar?
http://rt2.it-finance.com/FXStreetLightPlus/tmp/img_13034981671350.gif

lightningproof
04-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Your an Idiot :mad: :mad: :mad:

theplantguy
04-22-2011, 02:53 PM
And now for the rest of the story
http://rt2.it-finance.com/FXStreetLightPlus/tmp/img_13034983345986.gif

JROCPW
04-22-2011, 02:56 PM

Well......that was the rest of the story. The present, is the rest of the story so far. So far....

nergal
04-22-2011, 03:00 PM
No matter what the current chart, a similar one from the past can be drug up. In and of itself out of meaningful context it means nothing . . . . Settle down folks. He wanted a reaction. He got it. Keep on moving, nothing to see here.

theplantguy
04-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm not saying 2008 will repeat itself, and I really hope it doesn't. But history does have funny way of repeating itself. The point being, maybe it would be wise to have a strategy in place just in case. Hopefully you will not have to implement it.

fraxinus
04-22-2011, 03:05 PM
You'd almost think people have been studying the supply-demand outlook, which casts silver as the new petroleum! ;)

PHDtoMD
04-22-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm not saying 2008 will repeat itself, and I really hope it doesn't. But history does have funny way of repeating itself. The point being, maybe it would be wise to have a strategy in place just in case. Hopefully you will not have to implement it.

Agreed history can repeat, There's nothing wrong with what Plant guy posted. It's the truth, it DID happen. This time if it happens, more people will lose ALOT of FRN's. Plan accordingly it's as simple as that. The gravy train WONT last forever and it's foolish to think that it will. Always have a plan B. Even if it's to BTFD!!!

JustaNumber
04-22-2011, 03:06 PM
The question is, will silver obey the laws of nature?

What goes up must come down. There are a lot of silver bulls around that claim to own anti-gravity boots fashioned of silver which, strangely enough, they apparently choose to wear tightly around their heads instead of their feet.
Too bad you weren't able to let the Germans know about these laws you speak of. They could have sold all that worthless silver for beaucoup paper.

http://www.bullionmark.com.au/images/stories/deutschemarksilver1919-23.gif

Question: What did they do that was different from what the Fed is doing?

JROCPW
04-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Having lifeboats on board is better than risking the alternative. I get you, PG.

Just because there aren't any icebergs in the Bahamas doesn't mean we won't be sunk another way....

So far, so good....:)

JustaNumber
04-22-2011, 03:13 PM
All good points. My strategy would be to follow the same strategy that worked for many in 2008: do nothing, except keep buying. Why would we hopefully not have to implement this? It's all good! One of the big differences between 2008 and 2011 is that we've seen this before, and we know how it turns out. There are more and more people who just keep buying, and I think this would quickly extinguish any downturn. Sure, many have been fooled by the fiat game, but once one sees the truth of what real money is, there is no going back.

fraxinus
04-22-2011, 03:17 PM
You'd almost think the silver-dependent solar energy industry, grew by 67 per cent in 2010, and that GE just bought 35,000 electric cars, with silver-zinc batteries! :D

GDAY2U
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
It's you're , not your.That's funny ,like an oxymoron.

theplantguy
04-22-2011, 03:25 PM
All good points. My strategy would be to follow the same strategy that worked for many in 2008: do nothing, except keep buying. Why would we hopefully not have to implement this? It's all good! One of the big differences between 2008 and 2011 is that we've seen this before, and we know how it turns out. There are more and more people who just keep buying, and I think this would quickly extinguish any downturn. Sure, many have been fooled by the fiat game, but once one sees the truth of what real money is, there is no going back.

Why not, for instance, pick up a little ZSL in a down turn and profit greatly? Then cash out and buy far more silver than you could by just riding silver down and buying more as it declines.

Layla
04-22-2011, 03:27 PM

I see that you are new here. Please be kind enough to review the FAQ linked above and review the rules of the forum.

In two days, you're welcome to come back at which time your posting privileges will be reinstated.

Thanks very much for your understanding and cooperation.

Layla

JustaNumber
04-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Why not, for instance, pick up a little ZSL in a down turn and profit greatly? Then cash out and buy far more silver than you could by just riding silver down and buying more as it declines.

While I have great respect for your abilities, I myself am not smart enough to time any of this, so buy-and-hold/repeat is the best that I can accomplish.

theplantguy
04-22-2011, 04:09 PM
While I have great respect for your abilities, I myself am not smart enough to time any of this, so buy-and-hold/repeat is the best that I can accomplish.

I'm not any smarter than any one else. But what I did do was to learn (no one is born knowing any of this stuff) different skill sets that would make me a living no matter where I lived. It's never too late to expand your skill sets. In fact, with what looks to be coming on the horizon, I would think it's imperative.

JPAagau
04-22-2011, 04:15 PM

Agreed - After a big run-up Monday - Wednesday, it could have been smart to short on Thursday, except that you would have been burned badly. Until the fundamentals change, trying to trade in and out is not likely ot be profitable, especially if this is THE move and not a drill (regards to AGstacker). I believe in stop losses for paper, but not trying to get too clever in trading in and out.

theplantguy
04-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Shorting in an bull uptrend would be very foolish. That is definitely not what I would ever suggest.

SilverGal
04-22-2011, 04:19 PM

PG times are different now I'm not going to write a whole page as to why it is, not now anyway, but one thing is clear, back in 08 the dollar was considered a safe haven, now more & more people are aware that it is not... there's really no other safe haven around but PM's and people are just beginning to sense that, we are in the second stage of the silver bull run 08 was not like it is now we are living in historical times for sure, we should be happy that silver is acting out like it should.

SecretArgentMan
04-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Shorting in an bull uptrend would be very foolish. That is definitely not what I would ever suggest.

How do you know whether a drop is a blip or a trend? And what if you're wrong? That's what stops me from doing that sort of thing...

theplantguy
04-22-2011, 04:28 PM
PG times are different now I'm not going to write a whole page as to why it is, not now anyway, but one thing is clear, back in 08 the dollar was considered a safe haven, now more & more people are aware that it is not... there's really no other safe haven around but PM's and people are just beginning to sense that, we are in the second stage of the silver bull run 08 was not like it is now we are living in historical times for sure, we should be happy that silver is acting out like it should.

In 2008 silver was taken down by a massive stock market decline. It had nothing to do with silver or it's fundamentals. If you look at the DOW and silver charts for that period of time, you will see they were pretty much in lock step. Can it happen again? Who knows. I wouldn't dogmatically count it out. All I'm saying is have a plan in place, should it occur, so you can make money while it's happening.

theplantguy
04-22-2011, 04:32 PM
How do you know whether a drop is a blip or a trend? And what if you're wrong? That's what stops me from doing that sort of thing...

If I'm wrong, and you can see in the trading forum that I am just about every day, you bail out of the position immediately. You never every ride a position down. My first and primary trading rule is "The preservation of capital is more important than any potential gain".

Atlas Shrugged
04-22-2011, 04:46 PM
If I'm wrong, and you can see in the trading forum that I am just about every day, you bail out of the position immediately. You never every ride a position down. My first and primary trading rule is "The preservation of capital is more important than any potential gain"

PG is a wise individual. The above truth should be followed by all.

SilverGal
04-22-2011, 04:53 PM
In 2008 silver was taken down by a massive stock market decline. It had nothing to do with silver or it's fundamentals. If you look at the DOW and silver charts for that period of time, you will see they were pretty much in lock step. Can it happen again? Who knows. I wouldn't dogmatically count it out. All I'm saying is have a plan in place, should it occur, so you can make money while it's happening.

But will it happen again? That's the thing, again the USD is no safe haven anymore so if the stock Market crashes ppl will be fearful, where's all the money going to go, into the USD again? If silver and gold are monetizing thats where all the money will go, PM's will sky rocket! I'm under the same dilemma, yes silver is going up fast which fundamentally it should I almost sold some to buy property then decided not to bc silver's fundamentals are stronger, but You're right we do need to make a plan, it's hard to say...silver could correct, I personally don't think so maybe a dip or 2... the fundamentals of the USD are shocking, all I know is people are scared, they want out, out of the US dollar and into something more valuable.

PG what's your plan b? :)

theplantguy
04-22-2011, 05:02 PM
But will it happen again? That's the thing, again the USD is no safe haven anymore so if the stock Market crashes ppl will be fearful, where's all the money going to go, into the USD again? If silver and gold are monetizing thats where all the money will go, PM's will sky rocket! I'm under the same dilemma, yes silver is going up fast which fundamentally it should I almost sold some to buy property then decided not to bc silver's fundamentals are stronger, but You're right we do need to make a plan, it's hard to say...silver could correct, I personally don't think so maybe a dip or 2... the fundamentals of the USD are shocking, all I know is people are scared, they want out, out of the US dollar and into something more valuable.

PG what's your plan b? :)

If you talk to guys on the street, PMs are not on their radar. They will go to cash for the most part. We here are very silver centric and assume people will go to PMs in mass, I seriously doubt that will be the case even though it make perfect sense. Pemco has gone to cash and cash equivalents, not PMs, that should tell you something of the mindset.

My plan "B" in a nutshell: I'll probably be in gold by then and gold took much less of a hit. Then I'll be shorting silver in various ways.

SilverGal
04-22-2011, 05:18 PM
If you talk to guys on the street, PMs are not on their radar. They will go to cash for the most part. We here are very silver centric and assume people will go to PMs in mass, I seriously doubt that will be the case even though it make perfect sense. Pemco has gone to cash and cash equivalents, not PMs, that should tell you something of the mindset.

My plan "B" in a nutshell: I'll probably be in gold by then and gold took much less of a hit. Then I'll be shorting silver in various ways.

you'll be surprised, the average Joe although not doing much about it are slowly becoming aware of PM's, but it doesn't really matter bc the silver Market is very small it only takes a couple of nations or some very rich people to take the silver price to the moon! Maybe this is what we are seeing now? why silver is shooting up the wAy it is? Who knows..

JeJjr
04-22-2011, 06:06 PM
What goes up must come down Hum I wish that was true.

When it came to prices of physical things That arnt just some paper stocks.

That is not necessarily true at all that what goes up MUST come down.

As I thought when gas shot up from 79 cents up to an entire full $1 per gallon during the first gulf war. oh well hopefully it will come back down soon. Gosh I figured after we win the war and steal the oil it might even be lower then it was before. ha ha ha ha I'm still waiting.

Hurricane Katrina gas went way up and then back down some. But never back to what it was before. 2008 gas goes up super high then drops back Some but still higher then it was before. Now hear we are again gas is as high as it was when oil was up in the $150 per barrel area.

MC Donald's hamburgers used to also cost 25 cents. and some times would be on sale for less. last time I had McDonald's hamburger it cost OVER $1 I think it was a $1.29 if I'm remembering right.

7thDAY
04-23-2011, 09:44 AM
I use the following equation to determine the strength of a parabolic move:
5 day change in price times the percentage its above the 40 week moving average.
For the last 25 years, a value over 30 has been an unfailing indicator of corrections. Right now, silver has been over 30 for 7 days now and as high as 79! Unprecedented except for 1980. Either we are seeing an exceptionally strong bull move or a fundamental price shift in this market.
I can't believe we won't see a serious correction as we go into summer when the economy will crack from high energy prices. Silver buyers are just the rats leaving the ship. I'm swapping to AU

HardlyPeeved
04-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Its got no top ! :D

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab155/HardlyPeeved/Gold_Silver_Info/chart-of-the-day-gold-silver-sp-april-2011.jpg

JustaNumber
04-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Its got no top ! :D

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab155/HardlyPeeved/Gold_Silver_Info/chart-of-the-day-gold-silver-sp-april-2011.jpg
Great chart. What blows me away is that this isn't common knowledge. How can anyone who's seen this chart be still plugging money into their 401k? It's a shame the numbers aren't corrected for inflation. The S&P500 would look even more pathetic.

DougG
04-23-2011, 10:20 AM
http://rt2.it-finance.com/FXStreetLightPlus/tmp/img_13034983345986.gif

Id love to get ahold of some of that 9$ Silver. Let it stay down for a few months so I can stack, stack, stack. Hell Id settle for 25$ Silver