PDA

View Full Version : What price beauty?

El Dios De la Plata
05-04-2011, 05:14 PM
What would the consensus be.......

How much PHYSICAL does a person have to own before they stop relishing price dips as buy opportunities?

If I had a truly meagre position, greed and vindictive envy would make me
cheer declines as an opportunity to add a few oz.

I suppose a dreaming super bull, even a heavily capitalized one, might look for short term pullbacks, if he's neurologically frozen into a rigid mantra-like thought that the market is targeting some outrageous price in the near future.

Loving dips only makes sense if you jave a God's knowledge of some abstract CERTAINTY, or if you have little to lose. If I was a first time buyer of a modest amount at 49+ premium, i'd feel sick right now.....

so how much do you have to posess, and at what price, before, you just want to sit back and enjoy whatever unfolds?

ToDaMoon
05-04-2011, 05:25 PM

How much PHYSICAL does a person have to own before they stop relishing price dips as buy opportunities?

I suppose a dreaming super bull, even a heavily capitalized one, might look for short term pullbacks, if he's neurologically frozen into a rigid mantra-like thought that the market is targeting some outrageous price in the near future.

Loving dips only makes sense if you jave a God's knowledge of some abstract CERTAINTY, or if you have little to lose. If I was a first time buyer of a modest amount at 49+ premium, i'd feel sick right now.....

so how much do you have to posess, and at what price, before, you just want to sit back and enjoy whatever unfolds?

500 oz for every person in my household. Why? Security. You could barter with it for a year or so in a SHTF situation. Anything over that would just be an investment.

coinkeep
05-04-2011, 05:31 PM
However much makes you sleep well no matter what the paper spot price.

Reminds me of a story where a farm hand was hired to stack hay, and was given a place to stay. A big wind storm came, and the farmer panicked and tried to rouse the worker from bed. The farm hand rolled over, and said the stacks were safe. Sure enough, the farmer went out in the storm and checked the stacks, and they were all intact.

coindog
05-04-2011, 05:50 PM

I will have enough when I can buy an income property free and clear and have enough left over for a backstop for bad times. I think calling it greed and vindictive envy is a little extreme just because I want a good buying opp. I don't plan on going to my grave with a lot of silver, I will put it to use just not yet. If you bought at $48 because it seemed like a good idea then it's a better idea to buy at $39 seems to me. also helps to have some gold, hard to fight a 3000 yr. history in that metal. no panic/sickness here.