PDA

View Full Version : Spot Price!!

oztiks
05-07-2011, 10:28 AM
I would never sell my silver at spot..Nor would anyone else I know. The open markets are not selling it for spot either..look at e-hay. Do a search for 2011 silver wolves.....2011 grizzly..... etc.... You will pay 50 to 65.00 each. Paper spot , unfortunately does affect prices , ,but when the paper is up , I hear no complaints. There is a separation in price from spot is the point. The real price is what someone is willing to pay for it. There will come a day when someone will create a price guide for silver based on spot. Example open market value = spot + 20% = 35.00 spot + open market value = true value for metal (not paper) is 42.00

So anyone reading this..create that book of market value for silver coins. 10% for rounds...20% for government issues..... 30% for special issues example wolves, grizzly. You will need the blessing of a few large dealers and create an advisory board.... You will profit from book sales, advertising etc...This may or not be a good idea...let me know.

Thx

derickonfire
05-07-2011, 10:34 AM
You refer to auction items that generally carry a hefty premium for your proof?

I agree, eBay is disconnected from reality and I don't understand the buyers there - but to be fair - the SELLER gets about spot or less after paying fees.

Why create a book when you can just check the internet? =P

American_Jedi
05-07-2011, 10:35 AM
I think that would be a great idea, I'm surprised Maloney or someone else hasn't already did this as it would be a great resource to buyers & sellers of the shiny.

oztiks
05-07-2011, 10:36 AM
You refer to auction items that generally carry a hefty premium for your proof?

I agree, eBay is disconnected from reality and I don't understand the buyers there - but to be fair - the SELLER gets about spot or less after paying fees.

Why create a book when you can just check the internet? =P

If someone is willing to pay 100.00 for something you paid 50.00 and is happy paying it, I see no issues with that.

derickonfire
05-07-2011, 10:39 AM
If someone is willing to pay 100.00 for something you paid 50.00 and is happy paying it, I see no issues with that.

your post sounds like spot is $60+ on ebay.

That's misleading.

If you want to find a "spot" price for eBay you should find items which carry no premiums.

Am I right? Right.

oztiks
05-07-2011, 10:41 AM
your post sounds like spot is $60+ on ebay.

That's misleading.

If you want to find a "spot" price for eBay you should find items which carry no premiums.

Am I right? Right.

Not what I meant, I am talking about open market value. We all know what spot is.

derickonfire
05-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Oh, and paper prices do effect physical prices.

Could you buy 1 oz silver rounds for <$45 on eBay a few weeks ago?

No.

Now can you?

Yes.

And why is your thread title "spot prices" yet you're talking about numismatic coins?

derickonfire
05-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Also, talking about "open market" .. what about nucleo exchange or bullionvault or somewhere that the buyers aren't 50% retarded?

oztiks
05-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Oh, and paper prices do effect physical prices.

Could you buy 1 oz silver rounds for <$45 on eBay a few weeks ago?

No.

Now can you?

Yes.

And why is your thread title "spot prices" yet you're talking about numismatic coins?

Read what I wrote again... please!!

oztiks
05-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I think that would be a great idea, I'm surprised Maloney or someone else hasn't already did this as it would be a great resource to buyers & sellers of the shiny.

I think it's a decent idea. Maybe it's an awful idea....dunno :p

row5_seat47
05-07-2011, 11:12 AM
I am in early stages of a "program" written in Excel that dynamically updates the prices of auction items ---
it tracks the average price for the last 15 days
There are two records for each coin -NGC & PCGS
for now i'm testing MS-64 Morgans and MS-69 ASEs

Not sure if I want to expand the scope outside of MS-64/MS-69 just yet.

If ya'll want something more generic just go to 24hgold
http://www.24hgold.com/english/buy_sell_silver_coins.aspx?co_id=0

R5S47

oztiks
05-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I am in early stages of a "program" written in Excel that dynamically updates the prices of auction items ---
it tracks the average price for the last 15 days
There are two records for each coin -NGC & PCGS
for now i'm testing MS-64 Morgans and MS-69 ASEs

Not sure if I want to expand the scope outside of MS-64/MS-69 just yet.

If ya'll want something more generic just go to 24hgold
http://www.24hgold.com/english/buy_sell_silver_coins.aspx?co_id=0

R5S47

I'm talking about non numismatic coins.. Like I said, it's a thought. Who would sell me a 2011 silver wolf (non graded)for spot right now? Is the point.

oztiks
05-07-2011, 11:20 AM
To be clear on this....I did say maybe it is a good idea and maybe it is a horrible idea. It is simply a thought. Just remember, people have made lots of money on what other people considered stupid. Sham wow comes to mind. LOL

row5_seat47
05-07-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm talking about non numismatic coins.. Like I said, it's a thought. Who would sell me a 2011 silver wolf (non graded)for spot right now? Is the point.

spotmex........?

derickonfire
05-07-2011, 01:30 PM
You seem to be confused.

grizzlies are carrying a slight NUMISMATIC premium right now.

You paid a premium for them compared to other forms of silver, and lucky for you the premium on eBay is higher than the premium you paid.

Hence, numismatic . And that has hardly nothing to do with spot price of silver.

Spot price of silver is a number which effects ALL forms of silver.

Generic, junk, .999 fine, silverware, jewelry, whatever. And those things HAVE been effected by this price drop in the paper market.

I've been drinking, so please stop pissing me off. :D