PDA

View Full Version : Thinking in silver ?

SilverPutz
05-14-2011, 02:11 AM
I have noticed when I am paying bills or buying something, I think about how much that bill is in silver.

For example, I was paying my electric bill and thought that was about 3 oz in silver.

Does anyone else think in terms of silver prices ?????????

Lowrider
05-14-2011, 04:01 AM
It does get to be a habit !

silverfire
05-14-2011, 07:06 AM
I have noticed when I am paying bills or buying something, I think about how much that bill is in silver.

For example, I was paying my electric bill and thought that was about 3 oz in silver.

I actually do the opposite. Whenever I think about buying something.. maybe a new gadget or toy I tend to do that.

"hmm. so this ipad is gonna cost me 15 ounces of pure silver. dang"

followed by:

"so in five years, I'll most likely have the same amount of dollars or more in silver, but the ipad will be worth 80% less"

Yup, it's a bad habit

JeJjr
05-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Yes I do all the time. Its sort of like being in another country and thinking abut how much some thing cost in your money compared to there money.

I also see my income going down down down as the same amount of pay buys me less and less silver then just even a year ago and a lot less then 2 years ago. SO its sort of weird to see my wealth increase in value at the same time as my labor becomes worth less and less. When done Job and $200 would buy about 20 oz. Seemed worth my time. But when it was going past $40 per oz and $200 would only buy 5oz started making me think I wasn't getting paid squat for my work if i look at getting paid in terms of silver. On thing tho I noticed even tho silver is worth more now and it takes less to buy the same amount of stuff. The more its worth I harder I find it is to want to let go of any. Even tho I need to give less and less for the same amount of other stuff. I also find that the more its worth the less likely any one else is to pay directly in silver or gold rather then cash. When silver was under $20 per oz and esp when it was around $10 almost anyone that heard I would take silver over cash to make a purchase. Traded what ever silver they could find. Rather then forking over cash. sense going back over $20 I haven't had a single person ask to pay in gold or silver not even jewelers that know I prefer it over cash.

ToDaMoon
05-14-2011, 09:52 AM

Wait until ou start to have the slver dreams. The other night I drempt that SHTF. I was the only one around. Went out looking for some food and found an open warehouse. There were pallets of copper pennies every where. I remember thinking that they were just too bulky to take with them when they left, where ever that was. Kept snooping around and found a half empty pallet of 40% silver halfs. I started loading up. Felt guilty about taking them but no one was around. I remember thinking that now my DCA will be $0. :D

itsgavinc
05-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Wish I had an electric bill that was 3oz in silver! Mine is at 16 oz during the upcoming months!

brewboss
05-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Wish I had an electric bill that was 3oz in silver! Mine is at 16 oz during the upcoming months!

WOW!!!! I'd start downsizing!

Cloud Puncher
05-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Wait until ou start to have the slver dreams. The other night I drempt that SHTF. I was the only one around. Went out looking for some food and found an open warehouse. There were pallets of copper pennies every where. I remember thinking that they were just too bulky to take with them when they left, where ever that was. Kept snooping around and found a half empty pallet of 40% silver halfs. I started loading up. Felt guilty about taking them but no one was around. I remember thinking that now my DCA will be $0. :D

"Inception" :eek:

Cynthialee
05-14-2011, 01:06 PM
I do that everytime we pay the bills.

When I make purchases I have to talk myself into it. (I could buy x amount of silver and why would I need a new whatsits anyways.....)
Drives my man batty sometimes. :D