PDA

View Full Version : Silver is once again $34+ / oz in Asian trading

SilverPutz
05-17-2011, 08:59 PM
It seems that silver, regardless of it's intraday price swings, is staying between $33 and $35 / oz over the last few days.

In my opinion, I think silver is doing very well in light of the recent price reductions.

Any thoughts ?????????

joethebummer
05-17-2011, 09:09 PM
It seems that silver, regardless of it's intraday price swings, is staying between $33 and $35 / oz over the last few days.

In my opinion, I think silver is doing very well in light of the recent price reductions.

Any thoughts ?????????

well manipulation can slam the price down whenever it wants..and 'honest' trading brings it back up slowly.

seems manipulation can win every time..until supposedly the silver runs out..but as long as people are okay with settling in dollars then it can go on forever

Scorp
05-17-2011, 09:16 PM
I think 34$ is arbitrary, why not fret about it going over 34.22$ or 34.37$? The trend is what matters to me not that it moved by 17 cents over or under such or such number. When it starts solidly moving in a direction for a few days then I'll pay attention and maybe make a move.

nealeffendi
05-17-2011, 09:18 PM
I have noticed the narrower trading range of the past week. No more $5 swings as occurred when they hiked margins a few weeks back due to "volatility". Volatility is down so they will drop margins in a few days...right?:rolleyes:

ibex66
05-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Silver is finding a base, there is no trend at the moment.

itsgavinc
05-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Silver is finding a base, there is no trend at the moment.

There is always a trend. Take a step back for a minute and look at a 3 month or 6 month chart. The trend is overwhelmingly up.

ibex66
05-17-2011, 09:39 PM
There is always a trend. Take a step back for a minute and look at a 3 month or 6 month chart. The trend is overwhelmingly up.

Really? I see a healthy long term trend between 20-25 and then a massive spike of death. Silver is kinda floundering around in no mans land at the moment. Lets see where it goes from here but either way it will be a slow steady churn up or down - if it falls back in the long term channel I'm ok with that, if it goes below I worry, if it establishes a new base that will reveal itself shortly.

portopotty
05-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Strong buying overseas at the moment, hope they're strong hands!

halfhunter
05-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Really? I see a healthy long term trend between 20-25 and then a massive spike of death. Silver is kinda floundering around in no mans land at the moment. Lets see where it goes from here but either way it will be a slow steady churn up or down - if it falls back in the long term channel I'm ok with that, if it goes below I worry, if it establishes a new base that will reveal itself shortly.

It can flounder all it wants at $30+ . . .

. . . less than a year ago we were wondering if it would ever hit $20 again ! ! ! ;)

:D

HH

SILVER PATRON
05-17-2011, 11:49 PM

Any thoughts ?????????

It's not over until the Chinese opera lady sings!

kwyjibo
05-17-2011, 11:55 PM
well manipulation can slam the price down whenever it wants..and 'honest' trading brings it back up slowly.

seems manipulation can win every time..until supposedly the silver runs out..but as long as people are okay with settling in dollars then it can go on forever

wins every time? only the Sith deal in absolutes... have a look at the 10 year chart.

mutton
05-18-2011, 12:46 AM
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/128/streamingserver.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/streamingserver.gif/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Nice steady increase... no surprises yet.

coindog
05-18-2011, 12:55 AM

you see it about right. a six month look is just showing the spike-fall. in a week or two the new trend will be shown, even if the trend is to be flat for months. which may happen.