PDA

View Full Version : Impulse buy at the coin shop today

mike1983
05-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Was near my coin shop for a meeting and deciding to pop in. 5 minutes later walked out with a roll of 2011 eagles 39 each not bad! Just thought I'd share. Didn't even think twice at the 5 dollar premium. Thoughts?

Guess I had an itch that needed scratching

portopotty
05-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Was near my coin shop for a meeting and deciding to pop in. 5 minutes later walked out with a roll of 2011 eagles 39 each not bad! Just thought I'd share. Didn't even think twice at the 5 dollar premium. Thoughts?

Great haul, I would have pulled the trigger on that. Some will say no, but if it made you happy and you're long then it was the right decision.

AgAuCaliente
05-17-2011, 11:18 PM
I've been scratching....I don't even think about premiums at the moment, just "Wow, it's so pretty!" Just picked up 3 libertad proofs that I have been wanting for quite some time...

ZTGuy
05-17-2011, 11:21 PM

I'd have done it too!! (Heck...I did the same thing this week and last...much to my better half's chagrin!!) :D

Nice job, and congrats, by the way!!

portopotty
05-17-2011, 11:25 PM
I've been scratching....I don't even think about premiums at the moment, just "Wow, it's so pretty!" Just picked up 3 libertad proofs that I have been wanting for quite some time...

Lucky you, that's one thing I've yet to get. Got to get my hands on some. Congrats!

insidedealer
05-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Sounds good to me.
It's one of my favorite coins.
Maybe you paid an extra $40-80 for the instant gratification.
That's fine by me. Sounds like the going rate around where I live to get your itch scratched.

Master Duece
05-17-2011, 11:50 PM
I'd have to agree with all the posts so far on this thread. Was wanting to go to the LCS today but a dental appointment and a kids soccer practice made me miss the closing time at the LCS.. Always tomorrow and will be there for sure..

PaulRevere
05-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Cant go wrong at that price. Most online dealers are charging $38-$41 dollars for 1oz rounds private or gov't mints. Heck some are still charging in the high $40's.