PDA

View Full Version : Silver Down.............Weak EUR.........Stronger USD

theplantguy
05-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Euro plummets on risk aversion

EUR/USD recovery witnessed last week, was capped on Friday at 1.4350, and the pair plummeted on US and Asian sessions, to extend losses at European session opening, reaching levels below 1.4000 psychological support. EUR/JPY retreat from 117.15/20 has extended to levels right below 114.00, and the EUR/CHF has collapsed from 1.2645 on Friday, to all time lows at 1.232.

http://www.fxstreet.com/news/forex-news/article.aspx?storyid=1ea3c0a9-c09b-4117-92e0-f2e97ff87705

http://finviz.com/fut_chart.ashx?t=DX&cot=098662&p=h1

SilverPutz
05-23-2011, 08:48 AM
In my opinion, I wonder why gold and silver are not going higher today.

You would think more folks would be buying gold and silver as a "safe harbor" against Euro debt, USA debt, inflation, etc.

However, what do I know ?????????

GetZeeGold
05-23-2011, 08:50 AM
You would think more folks would be buying gold and silver as a "safe harbor" against Euro debt, USA debt, inflation, etc.

All stats point to the fact they are....however....when you can roll a billion dollars off the printing press and short....it kinda skews the numbers. :cool:

theplantguy
05-23-2011, 08:51 AM

Might be a good reason to study the typical relationship between currencies and PMs.

youngman
05-23-2011, 08:53 AM
I think they are....we are just so rigged it is hidden...you will see more silver leave the Comex tonight...and tomorrow..and nothing coming in...Gold too...and Asia setting new records for purchases...Europeans HAVE to be buyers...they are watching the EURO break apart....but the price goes down....go figure...I used to do well in Ecomonics..not now...I cantīt figure it out now

Moneyisevil
05-23-2011, 08:58 AM
I mainly own gold, cash, and rentals. From my point of view I don't care what any of them do. As gold typically goes up, my dollars generally decline. The dollar rises my gold goes down. The rentals churn out dollars which turn to gold. The real estate market declines, rental rates increase, which means more dollars.....etc etc etc

It is a harmonious relationship though. :)

Aquan
05-23-2011, 09:03 AM

The whole stock market, gold, silver and exchange rate are full controlled and driven electronically by the elite. It has nothing to do withh demand and supply.

As a general rule if anybody buys any stock, gold or silver the price is driven down straight through very sophisticated software.

Like this they do make profit and make sure the price of gold or silver is not going up to the roof.

Hammer
05-23-2011, 09:11 AM
I think we have a winner folks.

Aquan
05-23-2011, 09:31 AM
I made money by exactly doing the opposite what my bank is telling me (Credit Suisse). According to them very few people buy or sell anything in regard to silver, gold and stock. They never recommended silver and this is why I bought when it was 23 and sold at 38. As it went up to towards 49, they bank 'correctly' predicted silver 34 (what it is now) which is communicated down towards the private banking sector. On the top they do ecactly know to what level the price will be manipulated. They are careful with their private clientale but you want make any money if you listen to them. Silver is to been seen where it will go in about 2 - 4 weeks and there is a big change it will be driven down another 20% into the 20's. End of July/August I predict another stockmarket crash with a big change that silver will be pulled down even further. Gold could go down slightly by maxium 20%. Gold is the save heaven together with the CHF (Swiss Francs). Switzerland is the center of the finiancial world confirmed by several top bankers I know privatly. They do have a few secret mettings there where they decide the future.

Silver is high risk for them in contrast to gold which they communicate between 1550 -1650.

theplantguy
05-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Why would anyone be listening to a bank for investment advice? Would you go to a stock broker to open a checking account?

GetZeeGold
05-23-2011, 09:35 AM
There are people who make money on the scam

They're called Grifters.

Great movie BTW.

Come around tomorrow kid.....I'll take you again. :D

Second best line of the movie is.......someday that kid will be a Senator.:cool:

SilverGal
05-23-2011, 09:44 AM

We're just going through a period of consolidation that's all, don't stress, silver's always under pressure more than gold but it's staying comfortably above 30....I do get a little frustrated bc I know silver should be waaay above that price, but they're just tech prices, the real price of silver is surpressed, big time! I'm excited to stay long for as long as we have to be and to be honest with ya, I see triple digits coming in the very near future. I don't trust the dollar I dont trust the euro, I trust PM's. china India and many other nations do not trust the dollar or the euro anymore, they're buying PM's.

portopotty
05-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Plantman another great post my friend. To chime in, I know everyone's looking at the red numbers but like PG pointed, got to understand the currency relationship. That said, both metals are hanging tough trying to keep up with the FRNs current boom bloom up trend. The days the FRN stalls will be green days for PMs in the coming weeks. This is not bad folks and get your extra metals over the summer as for when the FRN boom bloom period is over, it will slide back down to historic lows quickly. I hate to say it, but it might be a good time to trade some Ag for Au to hold over the summer as the GSR widens. Once the FRN starts sliding and the GSR starts closing the gap, swap back in for silver, as I believe Silver will have another Gold outperformance this fall IMO.

Aquan
05-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Why would anyone be listening to a bank for investment advice? Would you go to a stock broker to open a checking account?

They are not stock brokers, it is called privte banking and they do work for you with a very efficient service by the way.

It helps if you do you know what they are up to and you are able to read between the lines and what it is not said. They do work with some very wealthy people and they do not have any interest to loose them or upset them.

The amount of gold, silver and oil is top secret,highly confidential and only released stratetically for propaganda purposed to divide and scare. There is no way anybody would know how much gold, silver and oil is available, but if you have traveled the planet you may realise its size and you could assume there is much more available in areas which was inaccessible in the past. Today they are accessible with modern equipment in places like the Andes, Russia, Kasachstan, highland China, Brazil, Canada, Alaska, Afganistan and parts of Africa.

coindog
05-23-2011, 10:02 AM
when things start to go bad people flee more towards gold than silver. the silver only people need to hold some gold too. all the people dumping Euros aren't going to another paper some must be going to gold. dollar up and gold too. not the usual pattern.

supernatural
05-23-2011, 12:47 PM
No new major institution managers see the $1,500,000,000,000 in debts as a at least a warning sign? Go figure...:( Yes, the euro is sick but the dollar is even worse. Frankly, the US mainstream media is a lot more in sync in pulling the blindfold over public eyes.

theplantguy
05-23-2011, 12:56 PM
No new major institution managers see the $1,500,000,000,000 in debts as a at least a warning sign? Go figure...:( Yes, the euro is sick but the dollar is even worse. Frankly, the US mainstream media is a lot more in sync in pulling the blindfold over public eyes.

It must be all a vast conspiracy............Folks aren't really buying the USD and selling the EUR.......The whole forex market is a lie........ :rolleyes:

bigguy53
05-23-2011, 01:11 PM
How long do you guys think the USD can hold out .Weeks, months, year. Can it hold out long enough for the rest of the worlds currency to crash.

Thumpher
05-23-2011, 01:14 PM
I think they are....we are just so rigged it is hidden...you will see more silver leave the Comex tonight...and tomorrow..and nothing coming in...Gold too...and Asia setting new records for purchases...Europeans HAVE to be buyers...they are watching the EURO break apart....but the price goes down....go figure...I used to do well in Ecomonics..not now...I cantīt figure it out now

Ya nailed it!!!! Ditto!!! :D

AnotherDave
05-23-2011, 01:17 PM
It must be all a vast conspiracy............Folks aren't really buying the USD and selling the EUR.......The whole forex market is a lie........ :rolleyes:

Well, if I had to choose between "Silver Down.............Weak EUR.........Stronger USD" and "The whole forex market is a lie........" I'd have to go with the latter.

There's something about those headline writers that I just don't trust.

supernatural
05-23-2011, 01:21 PM
How long do you guys think the USD can hold out .Weeks, months, year. Can it hold out long enough for the rest of the worlds currency to crash.

It's a race, although the last one standing will not necessarily get a trophy for being the less manipulated currency in the world. Wait till inflation worsens and more people protest about jobs and living costs on this side of Atlantic, only then will more investors come out of their vacuums and pay more attention to PM's.

supernatural
05-23-2011, 01:30 PM
If small potatoes like Greece, Portugal, Italy can wreck some much havoc on a global scale, the destructive forces unleashed by the mere possibility of a USD default have on the rest of the world must be a sight to behold!
Long live Ag and Au!!!

II DALTON II
05-23-2011, 04:17 PM
The Euro will most likely rise over the summer due to Tourism. I think the Dollar may have one final rally too. I'm still betting on June and July being ugly months for the Markets though. I think Metals may hold their ground but ultimately cash will be King this summer.

derickonfire
05-23-2011, 04:42 PM
This is great!

USD is well over 76 and silver has held it's $34-35 position very strongly. I'd be happy if silver stayed stable while we rode out this USD/EUR storm.

Though I expect us to start seeing a bunch of people thinking that silver is stuck at $35 for a good year +. Watch the threads and speculation start rolling in if we don't see some price action soon.

USD is not dying. I have faith in America and am proudly arrogant because of it - so many of you are going to be swallowing your words when you realize I was right. We're in a rut, but so is everyone else.

jbsilver
05-23-2011, 05:15 PM
USD is not dying. I have faith in America and am proudly arrogant because of it - so many of you are going to be swallowing your words when you realize I was right. We're in a rut, but so is everyone else.

I envy your optimism...I want you to be right.

hippy
05-23-2011, 05:20 PM
I envy your optimism...I want you to be right.

X2 ............ I'm too old to start a new country, let's fix this one.

My main reason for stacking is so I can survive until we do start to fix our country & maybe be able to help.

AnotherDave
05-23-2011, 05:41 PM
theplantguy, do you notice one of your posts missing from this thread? One of mine is missing too.

Have they contacted you about this? They didn't say a thing to me about it. There wasn't anything illegal, immoral, disrespectful, or fattening in either post. I wonder what is going on. Maybe other posts are missing too, I haven't been keeping track.

theplantguy
05-23-2011, 05:46 PM
theplantguy, do you notice one of your posts missing from this thread? One of mine is missing too.

Have they contacted you about this? They didn't say a thing to me about it. There wasn't anything illegal, immoral, disrespectful, or fattening in either post. I wonder what is going on. Maybe other posts are missing too, I haven't been keeping track.

I know nothing
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/cc5e6b8854_germ03062008.jpg

derickonfire
05-23-2011, 05:47 PM

Happens all the time. Mods use their best judgement to avoid problems.

II DALTON II
05-23-2011, 05:51 PM

You must remember that we are possibly seeing the end of the Great Keynesian Experiment.

The Dollar may not die, but it has to be revalued. I'm betting that it is not valued fairly after this plays out. Many will blame the USA for the flooding of Fiat since the $ is the reserve currency.

ynot2k
05-23-2011, 06:47 PM

AnotherDave

Member for over 3 years with nearly 1000 posts I'm sure you know that off topic, baiting, and posts that discuss a member rather than the subject/topic often are removed.

Many, if not most, members in this thread have had private message notice(s) at one time or another and would know that if they have a post deleted without a notice it was for something borderline or not serious. Most in this thread have likely read several mod notes placed in threads where posts have been removed for some of the above.

And most know that this thread is not the place for questions regarding same... they are welcomed by any mod via private message or in the questions thread located here https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=84061 - Any questions or concerns please use one of those avenues so as to not further take this thread off topic.

Note also that many of the posts that were removed from this thread for discussing another member, borderline baiting, etc might fly within the closed Rant and General Discussions groups. Keep in mind they are not 'anything goes' areas (so use common sense) but moderation is mostly done by members there without ongoing moderator observations.

Regards.

derickonfire
05-23-2011, 07:08 PM
You must remember that we are possibly seeing the end of the Great Keynesian Experiment.

The Dollar may not die, but it has to be revalued. I'm betting that it is not valued fairly after this plays out. Many will blame the USA for the flooding of Fiat since the $ is the reserve currency.

You don't think the market is revaluing it as we speak?

I thought that's what the stock market was for..

II DALTON II
05-23-2011, 07:21 PM
You don't think the market is revaluing it as we speak?

I thought that's what the stock market was for..
Stock Market is a computer simulation experiment thanks to JPM, Goldman and Co.

I see a possible pump and dump rally in the US Dollar coming in a "Credit Crunch 2.0" scenario. Let's see what happens over June and July.

derickonfire
05-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Stock Market is a computer simulation experiment thanks to JPM, Goldman and Co.

I see a possible pump and dump rally in the US Dollar coming in a "Credit Crunch 2.0" scenario. Let's see what happens over June and July.

I agree, let's see what happens.

Btw, I totally understand where you're coming from and think it somewhat likely. But I've also read so many conspiracy theories and underground speculations, I've believed them for so long - and after time I've come to realize that it's actually much more logical to actually believe what is readily available from the news and official's mouth. Call me a sheep, but I've gone from the most extreme rebel back to 0. Crazy how knowledge works that way..

II DALTON II
05-23-2011, 07:42 PM
I agree, let's see what happens.

Btw, I totally understand where you're coming from and think it somewhat likely. But I've also read so many conspiracy theories and underground speculations, I've believed them for so long - and after time I've come to realize that it's actually much more logical to actually believe what is readily available from the news and official's mouth. Call me a sheep, but I've gone from the most extreme rebel back to 0. Crazy how knowledge works that way..
Yeah the Mainstream nor "underground" should not be discounted, just observed with a wary eye. I've seen my fair share of BS on all sides of the spectrum.

OvertheHedge
05-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Commodities are priced in dollars. When the dollar goes up, commodities go down. It's that simple. It doesn't mean the commodity is worth less - just being valued against a currency that is worth more, at least temporarily.

Precious metals are tiny markets compared to bonds. European crises or near crises (whatever you want to call this) is going to push investors toward safer bonds. And those are here in the U.S. That's what is pushing the dollar up. You may wonder why anyone would think the U.S. is safe. Remember, our future crisis is at least further away than their current crisis.

I and several others have been posting this. Can't speak for those others, but I can guarantee you I'm not smart enough to figure it out on my own. That's why I read other people, and the people I trust have all been saying the same things. Though their own confidence in the call is nowhere near 100 percent, they've all been saying its more than likely the dollar shows modest strength into at least the first half of summer.

theplantguy
05-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Commodities are priced in dollars. When the dollar goes up, commodities go down. It's that simple. It doesn't mean the commodity is worth less - just being valued against a currency that is worth more, at least temporarily.

Precious metals are tiny markets compared to bonds. European crises or near crises (whatever you want to call this) is going to push investors toward safer bonds. And those are here in the U.S. That's what is pushing the dollar up. You may wonder why anyone would think the U.S. is safe. Remember, our future crisis is at least further away than their current crisis.

I and several others have been posting this. Can't speak for those others, but I can guarantee you I'm not smart enough to figure it out on my own. That's why I read other people, and the people I trust have all been saying the same things. Though their own confidence in the call is nowhere near 100 percent, they've all been saying its more than likely the dollar shows modest strength into at least the first half of summer.

Ditto...........................

Z_Z_Z
05-23-2011, 09:39 PM

At another level,

It is my understanding that China also buys US Treasury bonds to keep from having to convert to yuan, the US dollars they receive from exports. This helps to suppress (rather than inflate) the yuan by not having to convert it. This neutralizing of the "reserve" currency, allows them to manipulate their economy as they see fit. I guess as long as the USD remains the world's reserve currency, they will continue to exploit it any and every way they can. Pretty much like the US does.

I think different countries have different strategies, but for the same reasons. To attempt to control their local economies to favor their corporations. Banksters like lawyers (unless you're an ambulance chaser), getting paid either way.

As a general rule though, money flows into this area for awhile, and then it flows into that area for a while.... such as, into stocks, then into bonds, then into stocks, then into bonds. With PMs more likely on the bonds side of this ebb and flow.

CitiManager
05-23-2011, 11:26 PM

I knew you guys were trying to make a point; I just couldn't figure out what it was. Thank you for just saying it!

fraxinus
05-23-2011, 11:58 PM
I agree, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. But, just for the record, silver didn't decline today, but rose slightly against the US dollar. It's the Dow that declined one per cent, in response to the usual stream of depressing news. Anyone who expects the Fed's printing presses to stop for one minute anytime soon, is wrong. :)

Atlas Shrugged
05-24-2011, 12:29 AM
True. Just because patterns occurs doesn't make them valid at all times.

Silver is also up in asia at this point.

theplantguy
05-24-2011, 12:48 AM
I agree, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. But, just for the record, silver didn't decline today, but rose slightly against the US dollar. It's the Dow that declined one per cent, in response to the usual stream of depressing news. Anyone who expects the Fed's printing presses to stop for one minute anytime soon, is wrong. :)

The top line was correct at the time of posting and you darn well know it

silvertip
05-26-2011, 09:04 PM
True. Just because patterns occurs doesn't make them valid at all times.

Silver is also up in asia at this point.
Ag up a few bucks the last couple days
anyone else notice?