PDA

View Full Version : Hi there... I'm new here.

AgnAustic
05-25-2011, 09:59 AM
A little about myself. I'm 28 and work in the IT field in central Pennsylvania. My interest in silver started last year, though I'm not quite a stacker as a casual collector. I'm in for the 2010 ATB "P" set, actually just got shipping confirmation yesterday. The only other silver I had was 20 ASE's which I sold to fund the ATB set (wish I hadn't now). I have other hobbies and don't sink too much money into it, but it interests me and I hope to learn more about it here. Also, I won't feed the trolls. It seems you can't escape them no matter what the subject of the forum. So... hi! :)

silverbuggerer
05-25-2011, 10:01 AM
A little about myself. I'm 28 and work in the IT field in central Pennsylvania. My interest in silver started last year, though I'm not quite a stacker as a casual collector. I'm in for the 2010 ATB "P" set, actually just got shipping confirmation yesterday. The only other silver I had was 20 ASE's which I sold to fund the ATB set (wish I hadn't now). I have other hobbies and don't sink too much money into it, but it interests me and I hope to learn more about it here. Also, I won't feed the trolls. It seems you can't escape them no matter what the subject of the forum. So... hi! :)

welcome.

if you want to buy more silver, you want the price to go down, right?

if you have completed your stash, you want the price of silver to go up, right?

would you like to see pos go up, or down?

RoadLizard
05-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Whazzup, bro? Glad to have ya. Come on in...the water is fine.... :)

Silver is fun to stack and fondle.

AgnAustic
05-25-2011, 10:04 AM
welcome.

if you want to buy more silver, you want the price to go down, right?

if you have completed your stash, you want the price of silver to go up, right?

would you like to see pos go up, or down?

I'd like to see it go to $4.75 just long enough for me to get my grubby mitts on a metric crap ton of it, then it can go through the roof. But in reality, I'm in it for the long term so a steady rise with peaks and valleys in between is good enough for me.

SecretArgentMan
05-25-2011, 10:05 AM
It's a fun bunch, but don't take anything here too seriously. :D

galtbob
05-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Welcome. Dp you mean P "set" or "P" coin? ATB's are just getting started, will be a decade before a set is available (IMHO). Even the 2010 P set is only two coins right now, with three more to come. And if you cashed in your bullion to buy one overpriced uncirculated coin, you are definitely a collector, not a stacker. You might find the numismatic forum more interesting. STackers have no use for mint marks, dates, cases, COAs, or anything other than weight and type.

If you are in it for fun, fine. If you are in it for profit, turn away from the dark side.

Spinwheel
05-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi AgnAustic, welcome. BTW do you know what Silver Lease Rates are?

Moonstruck
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the fun house. :D

AgnAustic
05-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Welcome. Dp you mean P "set" or "P" coin? ATB's are just getting started, will be a decade before a set is available (IMHO). Even the 2010 P set is only two coins right now, with three more to come. And if you cashed in your bullion to buy one overpriced uncirculated coin, you are definitely a collector, not a stacker. You might find the numismatic forum more interesting. STackers have no use for mint marks, dates, cases, COAs, or anything other than weight and type.

If you are in it for fun, fine. If you are in it for profit, turn away from the dark side.

I meant the 2010 "P" set the Mint is currently releasing one by one. Can't fun and profit go together? Also I don't believe they're overpriced, maybe in silver content right now but at a mintage of 27k they'll be worth a boatload someday.

Hi AgnAustic, welcome. BTW do you know what Silver Lease Rates are?

Nope - school me Cochise.

Spinwheel
05-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Nope - school me Cochise.
Me neither. But if you do find out let me know.

graehaven
05-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the "loony" bin. :D Enjoy the banter!

galtbob
05-25-2011, 10:47 AM
I meant the 2010 "P" set the Mint is currently releasing one by one. Can't fun and profit go together? Also I don't believe they're overpriced, maybe in silver content right now but at a mintage of 27k they'll be worth a boatload someday.

Keep REALLY good records of your costs, including shipping and taxes. And in five years be honest with yourself. Personally I think the 2010 non-P will have more value in a few years, and I bought them for a lot less. But hey, we all have an opinion. I bought some gold proof sets 20 years ago, paid more than 2x spot for them. Now they are worth melt value. Did they go up? Yep, More than double. But if I bought bullion I would have made 6x my money.

Silverstate2011
05-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Welcome To The Side Show!do You Have Your Tin Foil Hat Ready?

Da Furry Rodent
05-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Greetings, hope you enjoy owning your silver irrespective of whether it ends up a 'collection', a 'stack' or a mixture of both ;)

DFR
p.s. very wise not to feed the trolls, a shame there are so many dotted around but hopefully they'll get bored eventually.

Ryanferr
05-25-2011, 02:10 PM

Welcome. Just remember, always do your own due diligence and keep in mind this forum is very bullish basically 24/7. Also, dont believe all the "manipulation" hype. Other than that, you should be good to go. I hope your experience with silver and metals will be as rich and exciting as mine has been.

AgnAustic
05-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I guess it's a mixture of coins and silver I'm interested in, so I'll probably bounce around the forums here a bit. Gold is nice... too rich for my blood though. I'd rather collect platinum or palladium at that point, but I have other expensive hobbies such as guitars and golf.

graehaven
05-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I guess it's a mixture of coins and silver I'm interested in, so I'll probably bounce around the forums here a bit. Gold is nice... too rich for my blood though. I'd rather collect platinum or palladium at that point, but I have other expensive hobbies such as guitars and golf.

Add "guns" to that mix too, and you'll have it all covered. :D

AgnAustic
05-25-2011, 02:46 PM

Funny you mention it, I actually just started that collection too. :D

Not much invested in them yet, Ruger P95 and Beretta Neos .22 is the only firepower back at the ranch so far.

graehaven
05-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Nice! It's a start. That get's to be addicting too.

galtbob
05-25-2011, 03:21 PM

Here is a twisted thought. Maybe I am the only one who thinks its funny...

The four G's..

Gold, Guitars, Golf, & Guns.

And if you stretch the musical meaning of "rounds" they all have them. :D :D

AgnAustic
05-25-2011, 03:23 PM

The four G's..

I like it. Too bad I can only (barely) afford the last three. ;)

Spinwheel
05-25-2011, 03:25 PM

The four G's..

No Girls?..

galtbob
05-25-2011, 03:51 PM
No Girls?..

Hey it's THEIR list. Mine would be girls, guns, and gold. :cool:

silvertip
05-25-2011, 04:01 PM
what about fishing?
I caught 100 pounds of salmon last week

Dhaugen
05-25-2011, 04:07 PM

Welcome Silver and Gold-stic.... haha

Good luck to you and I look forward to your observations, musings and your opinings...

Best of luck to you and yours,

d

TheorisT
05-25-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm 28 and in IT as well.

Golder Arches
05-25-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm in IT as well and slightly older than 28. Hopefully you folks aren't Linux jockeys.

Atlas Shrugged
05-25-2011, 04:18 PM

The four G's..

It's God, Guns and Gold...:cool:

AgnAustic
05-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Welcome Silver and Gold-stic.... haha

Good luck to you and I look forward to your observations, musings and your opinings...

Best of luck to you and yours,

d

Thanks buddy!

I'm 28 and in IT as well.

Cool, whereabouts and what do you do?

I'm in IT as well and slightly older than 28. Hopefully you folks aren't Linux jockeys.

Never touched it personally, I do more network admin stuff.