PDA

View Full Version : Huge spread due to Value Added Tax in EU

gada1999
05-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi folks. In almost all EU states they charge 19-25% of Value Added Tax on any silver you want to buy. When you sell it they buy it back without that tax. For example: at this very moment silver spot in kitcomm is at 26.29 EUR/Oz. And at the same moment my silver dealers sells 1 Oz of USA Eagle for 36.30 EUR and buys back at 28.30 EUR. Now that is a huge spread! If I want to make some ca$h of silver in Europe, I would need to buy it overseas or from someone who would sell it without this tax (private person) and then bring it over to the continent. End note - there is 0% tax on gold and currently its price in Euros has gone to the highest ever, touching 1085 EUR/Oz but as for just now it is around 1075. Whatever the price, gold therefore seems more easy for investment. But I love silver... Well, what is your opinion about this?

American_Jedi
05-26-2011, 03:40 PM
That just.....sucks.

Glad I'm not in the Eurozone.

silverstarter
05-26-2011, 03:47 PM
I have the same problem in the UK. Just sell privately or on the bay. Or you could buy physical for long term and trade paper.It does suck though.

Larso3
05-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi folks. In almost all EU states they charge 19-25% of Value Added Tax on any silver you want to buy. When you sell it they buy it back without that tax. For example: at this very moment silver spot in kitcomm is at 26.29 EUR/Oz. And at the same moment my silver dealers sells 1 Oz of USA Eagle for 36.30 EUR and buys back at 28.30 EUR. Now that is a huge spread! If I want to make some ca$h of silver in Europe, I would need to buy it overseas or from someone who would sell it without this tax (private person) and then bring it over to the continent. End note - there is 0% tax on gold and currently its price in Euros has gone to the highest ever, touching 1085 EUR/Oz but as for just now it is around 1075. Whatever the price, gold therefore seems more easy for investment. But I love silver... Well, what is your opinion about this?

It's expensive to buy bombs and support royalty and such. What a nice wedding they had recently. We need (and will be getting) some of those value taxes you speak of over on this side of the pond. Whatever they want to do is good with me. I'll just sit idly by, you know, because I'm powerless, helpless and hopeless.

…absolute, minute, regular, provident, and mild. It would be like the authority of a parent, if, like that authority, its object was to prepare men for manhood; but it seeks on the contrary to keep them in perpetual childhood: it is well content that the people should rejoice, provided that they think of nothing but rejoicing. For their happiness such a government willingly labors, but it chooses to be the sole agent and the only arbiter of that happiness……It is in vain to summon a people, which has been rendered so dependent on the central power, to choose from time to time the representatives of that power; this rare and brief exercise of their free choice (voting to choose their leaders), however important it may be, will not prevent them from gradually losing the faculties of thinking, feeling, and acting for themselves …. Democracy in America

“The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty…”
Thomas Jefferson

Medina
05-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Germany doesnt have 19% tax, just 7%.

Think about the tyranny the goverment is promoting. First paying 19% over the price because of VAT. Then with your sell you have to pay income tax wich could go as high as 65% in my country, dependent on the high.

You will be left with nothing, once you convert to Fiat. Fiat = Debt. Nothing more. It is total slavery and I stress to get out of it.

nealeffendi
05-26-2011, 05:40 PM
It's expensive to buy bombs and support royalty and such. What a nice wedding they had recently. We need (and will be getting) some of those value taxes you speak of over on this side of the pond. Whatever they want to do is good with me. I'll just sit idly by, you know, because I'm powerless, helpless and hopeless.

There is a big difference between the British royalty and the American presidency. The royals cost far less to keep than the president (IIRC the white house has 1200 staff and Buckingham Palace less than half that).
The president also costs the nation hundreds of billions each year with his cronyism and deal making. The royals open flower shows.
Character wise you have to respect the service the royals provide; especially military service. Prince Andrew flew helicopters in the Falklands war. Prince Harry was a combat soldier in A'stan and Prince William flies sea rescue helicopters in dangerous emergencies. So a British citizen can have his future king save his life while an American citizen can have his Presidente fly over NOLA after Katrina and piss on them. I know who I prefer.:)

EURO_STACKER
05-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Germany and the Netherlands only have 7% VAT on government issued coins.

Larso3
05-26-2011, 06:03 PM
There is a big difference between the British royalty and the American presidency. The royals cost far less to keep than the president (IIRC the white house has 1200 staff and Buckingham Palace less than half that).
The president also costs the nation hundreds of billions each year with his cronyism and deal making. The royals open flower shows.
Character wise you have to respect the service the royals provide; especially military service. Prince Andrew flew helicopters in the Falklands war. Prince Harry was a combat soldier in A'stan and Prince William flies sea rescue helicopters in dangerous emergencies. So a British citizen can have his future king save his life while an American citizen can have his Presidente fly over NOLA after Katrina and piss on them. I know who I prefer.:)

Wasn't it Prince Philip that said, "In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation."

Good people they are....salt of the earth. I won't be bowing down at the alter of the royal family anytime soon.

nealeffendi
05-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Wasn't it Prince Philip that said, "In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation."

Good people they are....salt of the earth. I won't be bowing down at the alter of the royal family anytime soon.

Prince Philip is a crusty old sea Captain (he fought in WW2) and is defiantly not PC.:)
BTW what would you say if you were asked to solve the problem of overpopulation? Every practical solution involves death in some form so there is no right answer.

Chump Change
05-26-2011, 06:33 PM
BTW what would you say if you were asked to solve the problem of overpopulation? Every practical solution involves death in some form so there is no right answer.

That's easy...
Start with all of the Progressives!

That would put a pretty good dent in the "overpopulation as a problem" issue...:D

Copperhead
05-26-2011, 06:37 PM
That's easy...
Start with all of the Progressives!

That would put a pretty good dent in the "overpopulation as a problem" issue...:D

How about the Tories too? :D Actually, I don't know who or what the Tories are but I love that name. ;)