PDA

View Full Version : S.F Eagles?

SilverSal
06-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Anyone know about this item? Any and all info appreciated :confused:

ibex66
06-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Anyone know about this item? Any and all info appreciated :confused:

They look just like ASEs from WP, no mint mark etc distinguishing it. The monster boxes however have unique SF banding so grading companies will give them a special SF label if you send them a sealed monster box of 500 coins. NGC requires bulk submission which is only available to dealers, not sure about PCGS. Oy.

coindog
06-15-2011, 03:28 PM
they are being made there now. they are the same as the WP ones and have no mintmark. some people are sending the monster boxes with a SF shipping label into NGC/PCGS for grading in a holder with a SF label. probably be a premium aftermarket price for a while and then when the market has millions of them they will sell for same price as other eagles. with no mint mark to set them apart your paying for the paper insert in the holder.

Greenback
06-15-2011, 04:02 PM
they are being made there now. they are the same as the WP ones and have no mintmark. some people are sending the monster boxes with a SF shipping label into NGC/PCGS for grading in a holder with a SF label. probably be a premium aftermarket price for a while and then when the market has millions of them they will sell for same price as other eagles. with no mint mark to set them apart your paying for the paper insert in the holder.

Exactly, just more greed. I hope the idea flops. The US mint needs to flood the market with more and more ASEs. These coins should be available to anyone who wants them for 2 or 3 dollars over spot. There should also 5oz versions of the ASEs to go with ATB coins.

blitzdude
06-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Exactly, just more greed. I hope the idea flops. The US mint needs to flood the market with more and more ASEs. These coins should be available to anyone who wants them for 2 or 3 dollars over spot. There should also 5oz versions of the ASEs to go with ATB coins.

Now your talking, Give me a 5 and 10 ouncer. Then give us a Kilo eagle as well. Saweet!

SILVER PATRON
06-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Posted on the bay as pre-sales - grading by ANACS & NGC ranging in prices from $73 to $199 and with photos. Where did they get the photos if not available yet? Sample pixs?

droopy
06-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Posted on the bay as pre-sales - grading by ANACS & NGC ranging in prices from $73 to $199 and with photos. Where did they get the photos if not available yet? Sample pixs?

China??????:eek:

SILVER PATRON
06-15-2011, 11:33 PM
China??????:eek:

I like that one!

halfhunter
06-15-2011, 11:40 PM

JMO . . . But I'd rather see a Żoz US minted bullion coin than another 5 ozer.

HH

coindog
06-16-2011, 12:16 AM

and they will sell a bunch of them. but I stand by my prediction-in 1-3 years the high premium will be gone. watched it happen many times over the years unless the coin is actually different in some way.

ibex66
06-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Apm*x with quite the premium on pcgs graded coins and pcgs sealed tubes.

http://www.apmex.com/Category/1272/.aspx?utm_source=HomePage&utm_medium=FlashBanner&utm_campaign=06016011SFEagles_2

Metally Ill
06-16-2011, 09:32 PM

Grading ASE's was lame. Labeling them as "early releases" and "first strikes" was lamer. Adding an extra premium for generic ASE's minted in SF instead of West Point is the lamest yet. What's next?

coindog
06-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Apm*x with quite the premium on pcgs graded coins and pcgs sealed tubes.

http://www.apmex.com/Category/1272/.aspx?utm_source=HomePage&utm_medium=FlashBanner&utm_campaign=06016011SFEagles_2

the worst choice is the "sealed" tubes with the SF label tape. you pay extra for a tube of coins that you can never open and look at without destroying the premiun because the coins inside are the same as any other eagles. buy coins you can't look at, and pay extra for them? not this collector/stacker.

chuckno
06-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Grading ASE's was lame. Labeling them as "early releases" and "first strikes" was lamer. Adding an extra premium for generic ASE's minted in SF instead of West Point is the lamest yet. What's next?

Finding out not minted at SF but China and delivered to SF Mint. :D
I think its fraud by the mint to not put S on coins.

ibex66
06-17-2011, 11:18 AM
the worst choice is the "sealed" tubes with the SF label tape. you pay extra for a tube of coins that you can never open and look at without destroying the premiun because the coins inside are the same as any other eagles. buy coins you can't look at, and pay extra for them? not this collector/stacker.

Couldn't you send the tube to PCGS for grading, have them graded and stickered as SF? Or have they been graded already and are simply low grade BU?

airbil
06-17-2011, 12:21 PM
I am totally positive that every ASE I had was from the SF mint and am going search the lake bottom once again with renewed vigor.:o

ibex66
06-17-2011, 01:12 PM
I am totally positive that every ASE I had was from the SF mint and am going search the lake bottom once again with renewed vigor.:o

What does that mean exactly ??

SilverSal
06-17-2011, 02:06 PM
What does that mean exactly ??

Do you mean that you stack pms and don't take them boating. :rolleyes:

SilverBug
06-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Only the market will be the arbiter of the value of these coins. They are not for the "silver is silver" crowd. It is a first time historic happening in the SAE realm. For those in the market for a $20,000 monster box, the extra $250 could prove to be money well spent.

Metally Ill
06-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Only the market will be the arbiter of the value of these coins. They are not for the "silver is silver" crowd. It is a first time historic happening in the SAE realm. For those in the market for a $20,000 monster box, the extra $250 could prove to be money well spent.

Like every other modern coin "sales gimmick," this phoney SF premium will disappear. The bullion ASE was minted in San Francisco during the 80's and 90's; there's nothing new or unique about these 2011 coins. The "San Francisco" straps on the green monster boxes mean nothing.

chuckno
06-19-2011, 12:39 AM
I think this hype over SF ASE has convinced me silver is going to crash. Just before a bubble burst we get crazier marketing hypes going. Lets start adding premiums for time of day ASE are shipped as obviously morning is better than afternoon.:D

jjmtg
06-19-2011, 12:50 AM
I was so excited to buy the ASE with the mint marks and now feel crappy that they won't have the mint mark on it. Eh, maybe I will buy just one slabbed PCGS 70. That sucks.