PDA

View Full Version : Federal Reserve Employee Says pms are going to Crash

Slickdrawgal
07-07-2011, 06:17 PM
I am friends with a man whose daughter works for the federal reserves.
We often have discussions on money, silver & gold.
I have known him for quite a few years, and he is a straight shooter, very intelligent, no nonsense type. The daughter I have never met.
He told me last night, that he had talked with his daughter, and she told him pms were set to crash in a few weeks.
I asked him how she would know have kind of information, & either he didnt know or couldnt / wouldnt tell me.
Normally, i would disregard info from a he said / she said source & shrug it off, but this kind of spooked me.
Before you slam me for posting this, & ( I only posted this because I know there is intelligent life on this board ) I wanted to ask your honest thoughts & opinions.
So I guess my question would be, do you think a federal reserve employee would have privy to any inside information?
Thanks

SilverMiner
07-07-2011, 06:21 PM
I have known him for quite a few years, and he is a straight shooter, very intelligent, no nonsense type. The daughter I have never met.
He told me last night, that he had talked with his daughter, and she told him pms were set to crash in a few weeks.
I asked him how she would know have kind of information, & either he didnt know or couldnt / wouldnt tell me.
Normally, i would disregard info from a he said / she said source & shrug it off, but this kind of spooked me.
Before you slam me for posting this, & ( I only posted this because I know there is intelligent life on this board ) I wanted to ask your honest thoughts & opinions.
So I guess my question would be, do you think a federal reserve employee would have privy to any inside information?
Thanks

I think any one who was actually privy to that kind of knowledge would also be mandated to send out as much disinformation as possible. So I read this as hyper-bullish.

ingots
07-07-2011, 06:23 PM
who knows im still holding and will continue to buy more...... fed employee or not..... of course the fed head also said he didnt understand gold sooooooooooo........ she is obviously smarter then the bernanke...... if she is correct:cool: of course china is buying more gold.... alot of central banks are still buying and i dont see how they would let there investment drop like a rock unless they intend to sell it all off quietly.........

i wonder what her job is security guard?

silvertip
I think any one who was actually privy to that kind of knowledge would also be mandated to send out as much disinformation as possible. So I read this as hyper-bullish.

your not saying that "they" would tell untruths :confused:

refrep
Thanks

Hey Slick ... lol. Quit spreading rumors bro.

Quagmire420420
07-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks

First off this is pure speculation on the part of the Federal Reserve employee, who would not have access to any information of this sort.

Secondly, is this employee positioning herself or her family to take advantage of this supposed price decline? If not, I would say that proves how little conviction she has in her words.

Third, if the PMs do crash, that would be a fantastic buying opportunity and we should all be so lucky for this woman to be right, which sadly she is not.

govikesgo
07-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Total BS. First off, the US nor the Fed control the price of gold, silver, etc., it's a world commodity. An no "employee" would have any knowledge of stuff like this. Maybe, MAYBE there will be some news from congress or such about JPM or HSBC or someone regarding manipulation or whatever people have been spouting about. In that case metals wouldn't crash. The market would be in shock, but metals would move the other way. Not calling you a liar, but if I had a silver eagle for every friend of a friend of a father of an uncle of a relative......And what are you going to think of your friend and his daughter should this not come true. He would be embarrassed that she is held in such little regard at work that she would have this much misinformation.

Slickdrawgal
07-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I am also still holding, this man is not the know it all / tell all type.
He knows how I am with pms, and this was his way of trying to caution me, usually he is quiet & reserved,

Silverbus
07-07-2011, 06:35 PM
This information is from a stranger on a blog (1) who heard it from a friend (2) whose daughter (3) works at the Federal Reserve (4)

Four times removed from someone that could make decisions that influence the price of PMs?

I'll alert Kevin Bacon!

Slickdrawgal
07-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Total BS. First off, the US nor the Fed control the price of gold, silver, etc., it's a world commodity. An no "employee" would have any knowledge of stuff like this. Maybe, MAYBE there will be some news from congress or such about JPM or HSBC or someone regarding manipulation or whatever people have been spouting about. In that case metals wouldn't crash. The market would be in shock, but metals would move the other way. Not calling you a liar, but if I had a silver eagle for every friend of a friend of a father of an uncle of a relative......And what are you going to think of your friend and his daughter should this not come true. He would be embarrassed that she is held in such little regard at work that she would have this much misinformation.

I knew there would be a lot of slams, like i said, I normally wouldnt listen to others either,
I just wanted intelligent, rational thoughts from all.
Thanks for yours

HardlyPeeved
07-07-2011, 06:37 PM
There will be a "battle of wills" between fiat and PMs.

I am sure there will be many politricks coming up to:

1) get people to ONLY use fiat
2) to never think of any other "money" besides fiat
3) to never ever think about anything like PM as being useful
4) to never think of anything else as being money.

It will be the end-game in the major battle.

Many understand fiat is purely a "belief system" and requires all to believe to keep the "value" of fiat stable...of course there is no intrinsic value to fiat...only belief.

It will be the battle to end all battles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GALu00W01Vw&feature=related

ez_willis
07-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Lindsey Williams was on the radio last week saying gold and silver would remain essentially flat over the summer and then go up approx. 25% by year end, according to his "elite" insider conversations.

Then again, gold and silver have not been flat this past week.

So much for insider information. :rolleyes:

govikesgo
07-07-2011, 06:41 PM
I knew there would be a lot of slams, like i said, I normally wouldnt listen to others either,
Thanks for yours

Slick, this is no reflection on you. Although MANY make up stories to become a topic of conversation and push self importance. Given the benefit of the doubt to you, I give no credence to your friend or daughter.

itsgavinc
07-07-2011, 06:45 PM
I suppose it's a good thing that I don't have to sell in a few weeks, isn't it? :D

But seriously, such claims are difficult to deal with because the odds of them coming true are roughly 50%.

Either POS goes up, or it goes down. "Crash" means something different to different people. Does a $3 drop in a day = a crash? That may be coming regardless of what a ghost at the fed says.

Who knows.

silvertip
07-07-2011, 06:45 PM
www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-%20video%20--The-Fed-Is-the-Black-Hole-in-American-Democracy.aspx?langue=en&article=3563570994G10020

Slickdrawgal
07-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Slick, this is no reflection on you. Although MANY make up stories to become a topic of conversation and push self importance. Given the benefit of the doubt to you, I give no credence to your friend or daughter.
Not from me..although i read this board everyday, rarely do i post or give advise, 99% of the time, I choose to remain silent on all the subjects.
I knew by posting this I would be slammed by many, yet I only did so, to try and get some kind of reasonable answer as to how someone ( if possible ) could really get this kind of information.
Thanks

govikesgo
07-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Lindsey Williams was on the radio last week saying gold and silver would remain essentially flat over the summer and then go up approx. 25% by year end, according to his "elite" insider conversations.

Then again, gold and silver have not been flat this past week.

So much for insider information. :rolleyes:

Every metals guru and investment voice/hack has rendered opinions on the direction and viability of PM investments. For every voice there is a different % up or down. Some appear to be knowledgeable ONLY after the fact while the others look like hacks. Next time around it's a different group of soothsayers and dolts. No better than weathermen, sports book prognosticators and psychics. MOST here are smart. Can't we all agree upon one thing....That trying to guess the movement, while fun just is impossible to do. We've all made smart moves and stupid moves. We all hope in the end we come out on top.

govikesgo
07-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Not from me..although i read this board everyday, rarely do i post or give advise, 99% of the time, I choose to remain silent on all the subjects.
I knew by posting this I would be slammed by many, yet I only did so, to try and get some kind of reasonable answer as to how someone ( if possible ) could really get this kind of information.
Thanks

You continue to misread my posts on this. I am not/have not slammed you. I'm slamming the notion this will happen.

dgeorge148
07-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Was his daughters name Casey from Florida by any chance??:D

Fusion
07-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks

Thanks for posting, but before you ask a question, especially on a forum like this, think about it. Do some research yourself. Then do some more. Call the Fed and ask them. Seriously, what can they do? That's what I would've done. And if you still think it's a realistic scenario, then post it, or you will get yourself a new arse torn on here either for wasting valuable space, time or both. Just my advice slick!

Midnight Man
By way of response, I see it this way.

If it is true, I will buy more - a LOT more PM's. If it is false, then I already have some in my stash.

As far as what was said - sometimes people like to embellish a story a little, maybe something the daughter knows, or has heard at work. Perhaps the story was actually known by someone else and embellished by the time it got to her - people like to think they're important instead of just a "cog on the wheel" so to speak, one of the reasons a story gets embellished.

This could - several storytellers ago, have been a simple watercooler discussion between two employees, one of whom was keen on PM's, as "I wish the price of PM's would fall". Add several embellishments and layers of drama, and you have a story.

GoldSilverbvg
I sure hope PMs do crash, it would provide me with a good buying opportunity at the very least.. Maybe this happening would signal an underlying shift, for the better, with the US economy and financial situation. Or, maybe the Federal Reserve would spike Interest Rates :D . However, I do not see either of these things happening. I would like to see the USD's value restored, but I stack PMs because I am pretty sure it won't be.

Anyways, thanks for the prediction from the daughter of your friend. I won't partake in "slamming". If she is right, thats great, if she is not, that is ok too. I would like to see PMs crash though.

AgGregator
07-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Slickdrawgal, Do you have any idea of your friends (daughters) job discription?
Any idea of why she told her father this info? was it just chatting or was it advice for him to protect himself, and has he taken those steps?
Was it told to him in confidance, or told to "spread the word"?

Just askin, What's her motive?
:confused:

Slickdrawgal
07-07-2011, 07:03 PM
You continue to misread my posts on this. I am not/have not slammed you. I'm slamming the notion this will happen.

I was cringing as i wrote what i posted, I do not believe in others predictions, soothsayers or such.
I guess the only sentence i should have posted should of said only " Do you think a Federal reserve employee would have this kind of info "
That is all i wanted to ask ::(

PaulRevere
07-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Kind of a co-winkie-dink that this disinformation comes out as PM's spike due to Greece & Portugal pooping the bed.:rolleyes:

GoldSilverbvg
07-07-2011, 07:08 PM
I was cringing as i wrote what i posted, I do not believe in others predictions, soothsayers or such.
I guess the only sentence i should have posted should of said only " Do you think a Federal reserve employee would have this kind of info "

Yes. I think they would have this kind of information, depending on their position.

Slickdrawgal
07-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Slickdrawgal, Do you have any idea of your friends (daughters) job discription?
Any idea of why she told her father this info? was it just chatting or was it advice for him to protect himself, and has he taken those steps?
Was it told to him in confidance, or told to "spread the word"?

Just askin, What's her motive?

:confused:
No, I have known him for many years, and he rarely speaks of his daughters job, or what she does. he is not one to brag or boast.
he normally wouldnt speak of anything she says, i think he only told me as much as he thought would be a concern to me

Long Money
07-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks

I remember after 9/11 lots of people on the internet were saying they had this friend who dated a middle eastern guy and the guy told them don't go to NYC on 9/11 and don't go to the mall on Halloween. I guess it was an attempt to freak everyone out and keep them from going to the mall for some reason. Obviously nothing happened in shopping malls on Halloween on 9/11. Why do people make this stuff up? Usually because they are 11 years old or so and they have nothing better to do. Pretty lame IMO.

Copperhead
07-07-2011, 07:18 PM

On another site one guy claimed his chauffeur relative of his was told by employees of JP Morgan that silver would quickly go to $75.

I said about the same in reply. BTW, silver hit $49 and you know the rest.

I'm not doubting the OP but reason states that more likely it was the beer talking.

ingolditrust
07-07-2011, 07:18 PM

I'd say it's possible, and definitely worth taking into consideration, so thanks for posting!

However, I can only think of a few ways PMs can crash given our current global situation...

One: PMs are outlawed by the government
Two: FED constricts money supply (i.e. raises interest rates)
Three: Manufacturing returns to the US
Four: Twilight Zone - they found a way to manufacture gold and it's now worthless lol.

Seriously, what does this fed employee know? Are they planning to raise interest rates? It's possible...they did it during the Great Depression which caused the 1929 stock market crash...

Regardless, if something like that happened, I'd still rather have crashing PMs while everything else around me is crashing...

Does anyone know that might be more savy than me...what else could the FED do to cause a drop in the PM price???

Stacker2
07-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks

All I know is I don't belive not one word that comes out of washington DC or the ILLUMINATI or the FED or what ever you want to call it.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Slickdrawgal
07-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks for posting, but before you ask a question, especially on a forum like this, think about it. Do some research yourself. Then do some more. Call the Fed and ask them. Seriously, what can they do? That's what I would've done. And if you still think it's a realistic scenario, then post it, or you will get yourself a new arse torn on here either for wasting valuable space, time or both. Just my advice slick!

If i thought they would answer truthfully, I would have...its ok about the " new Arse " been there, had that - I didnt mean to waste anyones time, space or thoughts, just looking for some honest answers.
As for me, I am still holding, and will buy more if it goes lower.

Mike Hunt
07-07-2011, 07:22 PM
No, I have known him for many years, and he rarely speaks of his daughters job, or what she does. he is not one to brag or boast.
he normally wouldnt speak of anything she says, i think he only told me as much as he thought would be a concern to me

You may know your male friend fairly well, But his daughter claims to work for
a organisation set up to destroy us. So just maybe she's working you to save you from those evil metals you hold. So watch for offers of help on any future dips.
She maybe a con artist.

Maybe Not:p

tcg1022
07-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks

That is a possibility we may have very well seen a top in both silver and gold!:eek:

Most here on the boards will miss the top when its staring them in the face because PMs are there saving grace....you know their ticket to get rich, there ticket to RIDE if you will and they wont sell because they are in love with their metal. Oh to be in love! I can remember those days very well but the thing is that usually ends badly for most. Many times love turns to hate which is going to be the case to many of the so called bugs. Just look at how many posters in this thread alone are illprepared! All of those saying they will buy more or ALOT more if it crashes! Holy geez! We have all had plenty of time to accumulate PMs and everyones boat should be full and ready to set sail if thats your game plan. To only have a portion of the PMs you want now waiting on what another pullback or crash is utterly foolish or extremely unprepared. Perhaps both! I know I have not bought any serious quantity of PMs in the last 3 years because the boat has been loaded and sails are ready to be deployed. The cupboards are stocked and the cannons are loaded and ready for any battles which might come my way.

So I do have a few question for you if you dont mind Slickdraw!

-How long has your friend been employed at the Fed?

-Does her father own any quanitity of PMs and if so is he selling currently?

-What is her track record or past performance with such calls?

-Has she ever said or predicted anything else concerning commoditiies or the financial markets?

Thank you for bringing her opinion to our attention it will be interesting to see just what transpires in the coming weeks!

Locke888
07-07-2011, 07:28 PM
"In a few weeks"....screams debt ceiling deadline to me. If they raise the debt ceiling PMs will drop because it will ease fears for a little while. Then when that ceiling is reached we do it all again. Oh, and they will raise the debt ceiling for sure. I do not see PMs crashing but dropping a few dollars. IDK, but that's my opinion on it.

Lawrence
07-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks for yours

Here's an intelligent, rational statement ......KEEP STACKING!

Stacking since the late 1970's. :)

Carpenter
07-07-2011, 07:31 PM

Spend a few minutes reading analysis of FOMC minutes.
https://marketforceanalysis.com/resources/Published-Articles/FED-MINUTES-DOCUMENT-GOLD-MANIPULATION.pdf

It may change your mind about the Feds role in the price of gold.

seascape195
07-07-2011, 07:40 PM
He knows how I am with pms, and this was his way of trying to caution me, usually he is quiet & reserved,

I would stab at a worst case scenario here, silver price drops to mid 20's rapidly, after climbing back too, at or near, 40. The sky is falling people like to use the word crash instead of correction, rebalancing for losses in stock market corrections, temp spikes in dollar strength, oil price drops. These are not crashes, they are expected events. not timed so much, but expected none-the-less. These are your buying opportunities (Fire sale! Time to buy folks!).

Some one else also pointed out, if it were true she would be making market moves to protect herself, but here again, unless someone is really heavily invested in pm's *cough* George Soros *cough*, its really only a really good buying opportunity, UNLESS you are so deeply invested and need your money liquid short term (less than 1 or 2 billing cycles to pay bills with), no real news here. I think we're are smarter than the average bear here and hedge our own bets to keep enough liquid cash flow to avoid panic ridden turmoil and long term is half of why we're here in pm's anyway (protection against govt monopoly money's downward moves back into the abyss it rose from)

ksilver
07-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks
In my very humble opinion, this type of news are leaked on purpose for a purpose, you make what you want of it...

DYODD!

Slickdrawgal
07-07-2011, 07:47 PM
That is a possibility we may have very well seen a top in both silver and gold!:eek:

Most here on the boards will miss the top when its staring them in the face because PMs are there saving grace....you know their ticket to get rich, there ticket to RIDE if you will and they wont sell because they are in love with their metal. Oh to be in love! I can remember those days very well but the thing is that usually ends badly for most. Many times love turns to hate which is going to be the case to many of the so called bugs. Just look at how many posters in this thread alone are illprepared! All of those saying they will buy more or ALOT more if it crashes! Holy geez! We have all had plenty of time to accumulate PMs and everyones boat should be full and ready to set sail if thats your game plan. To only have a portion of the PMs you want now waiting on what another pullback or crash is utterly foolish or extremely unprepared. Perhaps both! I know I have not bought any serious quantity of PMs in the last 3 years because the boat has been loaded and sails are ready to be deployed. The cupboards are stocked and the cannons are loaded and ready for any battles which might come my way.

So I do have a few question for you if you dont mind Slickdraw!

-How long has your friend been employed at the Fed?

-Does her father own any quanitity of PMs and if so is he selling currently?

-What is her track record or past performance with such calls?

-Has she ever said or predicted anything else concerning commoditiies or the financial markets?

Thank you for bringing her opinion to our attention it will be interesting to see just what transpires in the coming weeks!

Her Father is retired and does not collect any pms ( any he comes across, he usually gives /sells them to me, and has for the past couple of years ) He lives comfortably & says his accummalating anything days are over, and that his worrying about money days are long gone.
He usually doesnt tell me anything she says, unless I ask about his family as just a courtesy.
As far as i know, she has never before mentioned any past calls on anything.

ez_willis
07-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Every metals guru and investment voice/hack has rendered opinions on the direction and viability of PM investments. For every voice there is a different % up or down. Some appear to be knowledgeable ONLY after the fact while the others look like hacks. Next time around it's a different group of soothsayers and dolts. No better than weathermen, sports book prognosticators and psychics. MOST here are smart. Can't we all agree upon one thing....That trying to guess the movement, while fun just is impossible to do. We've all made smart moves and stupid moves. We all hope in the end we come out on top.

Yes, I agree. It's fun to predict and even more fun to be right. But in the end, predictions are really only just that; predictions.

And market dynamics and sentiment can and do change on a dime often doing the exact opposite of what we thought they would do. I would imagine very few of us thought silver would have such a strong week so far too. I thought it was an absolute certainty that it would continue its soft downward slide and instead, it turned around! Next week; who knows! ;)

Stacker2
07-07-2011, 07:53 PM
"In a few weeks"....screams debt ceiling deadline to me. If they raise the debt ceiling PMs will drop because it will ease fears for a little while. Then when that ceiling is reached we do it all again. Oh, and they will raise the debt ceiling for sure. I do not see PMs crashing but dropping a few dollars. IDK, but that's my opinion on it.

If those federal bumbs raise the debt celing why would the price of PM's fall. t hat makes no sence to me at all.:confused: :confused:

Larso3
07-07-2011, 08:03 PM
My best friends, wife's, sister has a 2nd cousin, that works with someone, that saw a person (she wasn't sure of his name) on TV that gave the impression PMs were going to crash.

I normally don't act on information I can't self-verify, but in this case, I have to make the prudent decision and dump everything and buy EU bank paper.

I'm in a rare mood today. Yes it's possible PMs crash, but everything else would too. If that's the case, you should have physical cash on hand and don't count on being able to purchase any quantity, or w/o high premiums. Don't count on being able to withdrawal mmkt funds if this happens. They will most certainly put a temporary freeze on redemptions in this scenario.

I'll keep all my PMs and buy what I can if they crash.

seascape195
07-07-2011, 08:07 PM
If those federal bumbs raise the debt celing why would the price of PM's fall. t hat makes no sence to me at all.:confused: :confused:

For the same reason the Euro temporarily stengthened, in short term mind set changes to be "the world is not ending", as soon as that mind changes on bad news again, gold/silver hedging protective buying starts up again, supply vs demand.

nuts4gold
07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
It is very possible as the system was set up by elite who control it. They took the gold and silver and gave you FRNs, they used the money they created out of thin air and positioned themselves to take control of large amounts of property. Soon they will have most of the real estate and PMs and you will owe them the national debt.
Dropping the POG and POS is easy for them as they just print up massive amounts of unbacked silver and gold certificates and dump them on the markets causing the prices to plunge as they have done many times before.
If they do it again just hold on to what you have and buy more while you still can. End of rant...

Stacker2
07-07-2011, 08:15 PM
For the same reason the Euro temporarily stengthened, in short term mind set changes to be "the world is not ending", as soon as that mind changes on bad news again, gold/silver hedging protective buying starts up again, supply vs demand.

From what I've seen over the last few years that supply demand crap don't mean shit.:eek: :eek: :D

roscoag
07-07-2011, 08:21 PM
This information is from a stranger on a blog (1) who heard it from a friend (2) whose daughter (3) works at the Federal Reserve (4)

Four times removed from someone that could make decisions that influence the price of PMs?

I'll alert Kevin Bacon!

Kevin already knew before the OP did.

UpRiver
07-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Saying "PM's will crash" is a bit odd for a Fed employee vs. something like...the Fed is "preparing to sell 147 Million Troy Ounces of gold."

mk3hunter
07-07-2011, 08:25 PM
OP hell yeah thats why I sold all of mine.........

My best friends, wife's, sister has a 2nd cousin, that works with someone, that saw a person (she wasn't sure of his name) on TV that gave the impression PMs were going to crash.

I normally don't act on information I can't self-verify, but in this case, I have to make the prudent decision and dump everything and buy EU bank paper.

I'm in a rare mood today. Yes it's possible PMs crash, but everything else would too. If that's the case, you should have physical cash on hand and don't count on being able to purchase any quantity, or w/o high premiums. Don't count on being able to withdrawal mmkt funds if this happens. They will most certainly put a temporary freeze on redemptions in this scenario.

I'll keep all my PMs and buy what I can if they crash.

lol No $hit

HAYSEED56
07-07-2011, 08:34 PM
No way silver will crash,its going up if anything,summer doll drums are about over,its going up IMO.Will eat my words if it crashes:D

govikesgo
07-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Spend a few minutes reading analysis of FOMC minutes.
https://marketforceanalysis.com/resources/Published-Articles/FED-MINUTES-DOCUMENT-GOLD-MANIPULATION.pdf

It may change your mind about the Feds role in the price of gold.

You seriously expect me to take someone's rewritten story as Gospel? C'mon And I didn't say the Fed doesn't play a role in PM prices, I said they don't control it. There's much more $ in the world behind the prices than the Fed can throw at it.

Bassplayer
07-07-2011, 08:35 PM
You know, what goes up typically will come down. did your Fed gal give you an indication of timing? which location does she work at and who is she cleared to speak with? also, if all true, sure sounds like privileged information that is more than fire-able on offense. I would take with a grain of salt - heck, I can predict that PM's will go down from here...

johndaniels
07-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks

I have an uncle that.... (insert B.S. here)

cgcthem
07-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks

I guess my biggest question here and am surprised no one has asked it yet is why did she tell her Dad that PM's were set to crash in a few weeks when her Dad obviously has no interest in PM's? Why did she tell someone that has no interest in them at all? Excuse that double question but Why?

CGCTHEM

GoldSilverbvg
07-07-2011, 08:52 PM
I guess my biggest question here and am surprised no one has asked it yet is why did she tell her Dad that PM's were set to crash in a few weeks when her Dad obviously has no interest in PM's? Why did she tell someone that has no interest in them at all? Excuse that double question but Why?

CGCTHEM

That is a very good question!! I did not even think of that.

But...

Don't we all find it important to tell people things they have absolutely no interest in? I bet you really wanted to know I bought a 1922 Peace Dollar cull today :p .

s1lverbullet
07-07-2011, 09:08 PM
It's doubling by next May, end of story :)

silvertip
07-07-2011, 09:10 PM
It's doubling by next May, end of story :)
this year my friend

Slickdrawgal
07-07-2011, 09:13 PM

CGCTHEM

I asked him that same question, apparently she tells him other things that he does not tell / or explain to me.
This is not a prediction, or a post to stir the kettle.
I was asking a serious, legit question..all i wanted to know is if an employee for the federal reserves would have access to that kind of imformation, that was it, to everyone that responded seriously, I thank you.
To all that chose to poke fun, or laugh, or whatever, I am glad you had such a good laugh, I hold no hard feelings towards anyones response.

moonstears
07-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks

And my brother's, sister in law's, cousin's, dog's groomer's, maid's lover's crazy pool guy is buying all I'll send him for $10. PM me if interested. I'll hook you up! ;)

TWard
07-07-2011, 09:29 PM
I asked him that same question, apparently she tells him other things that he does not tell / or explain to me.
I was asking a serious, legit question..all i wanted to know is if an employee for the federal reserves would have access to that kind of imformation, that was it, to everyone that responded seriously, I thank you.
To all that chose to poke fun, or laugh, or whatever, I am glad you had such a good laugh, I hold no hard feelings towards anyones response.

Thank you for posting, its interesting to me. I would say yes she has access to information or at least other people giving her information, advice or input. If you work around it everyday and the way metal has been recently, its not far fetched to think that it could be a topic of discussion where she works.

Goldbud
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
PM stocks have been in crash mode for years. They're past due for a breakout, especially the blue-chip majors.

Killver
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
I am friends with a man whose daughter works for the federal reserves...
...my question would be, do you think a federal reserve employee would have privy to any inside information?

'They' can crash PMs anytime they want. If this happens, it will pop back again, but I bet you no matter what PMs do, we won't see any $20 silver or $800 gold!

If the Fed employee said he knew something about a coming crash, that would be interesting, and we'd have inside advance info. But it's his daughter that has it, so it's not as definite of a link. It should be the other way around, shouldn't it?

blitzdude
07-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks

dumbest post I have ever read on this board. My thoughts? You got JACKED!

seascape195
07-07-2011, 09:34 PM

Its purposeful misinfirmation, can almost guaranty the source too.

cds1949
07-07-2011, 09:34 PM
pms were set to crash in a few weeks.

well I'm gonna sell.. dump 3 1/2 years of buying and holding cause she says it's going down.............................................. ..................... ;)

mperrine
07-07-2011, 09:37 PM

I doubt it, but its not impossible.

Depends on what she does. Just like with any large organization there are employees that range form Janitor to CEO.

Having said that, I would think If she was at a level within the FED where she might be privy to information like that, she would not be divulging information like that even to her father. Anyone trusted enough to have access to information like that would be smart enough not to share it with unauthorized individuals.

I wouldnt put much faith in it. Sounds like watercooler rumors from low level peons.

seascape195
07-07-2011, 09:38 PM
well I'm gonna sell.. dump 3 1/2 years of buying and holding cause she says it's going down.............................................. ..................... ;)

if you are at a nice profit margin, now would be good to sell, then buy again on the dip correction and you'll have more than you started with. Happy Profits! Good luck.

What people seem to overlooking is the bigger picture, we will likely run dry on newly mined pm's in our lifetime and the price will rise regardless of world in crisis mode issues.Just the fear of reaching that point will run futures up at an accerated rate as that day gets closer. We are years from that point, but we mine and consume faster than the planet produces. Consumption has sped up dramatically, so that timeline shortens too. Just saying guys.. $5, $50, $250, etc. its bargin basement prices right now, dips are blips and highs are going to be dwarfed by long term comparison.

tcg1022
07-07-2011, 09:46 PM

You dont read very many posts now do you?

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=86990

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=86988

:rolleyes:

145bluesman
07-07-2011, 09:49 PM
QUOTE=Slickdrawgal;1419460]Before you slam me for posting this, & ( I only posted this because I know there is intelligent life on this board

Start by re-thinking this statement. Then go from there.

Angmar
07-07-2011, 10:07 PM
To the OP.

So basically you're saying that the Fed is going to control the price of silver.

And..... this information was given to an employee befor the fact.

OK then!!!!:cool:

govikesgo
07-07-2011, 10:31 PM

Well the question is odd in the first place. You're assuming that SOMEBODY in the Fed would know this. I contend that this isn't something anyone would know. If someone did, it would be the biggest scandal since Watergate. I mean C'mon.

Lorian
07-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks
Oh finally.

The first negativity post since mondays uptrend and this weeks corresponding wave of "to da moon"-alike "buy at any price" posts.

Next is the wave of "it will crash"-alike "hurry sell sell sell" posts.
Then silver price goes back to $33-34 again.

Mission achieved.
Profit grabbed.

And then the speedy buying/selling paper club will buy back in low again.
To await the next customers' money, after some bad financial news.
:)

insidedealer
07-07-2011, 10:48 PM
ummmm....slickgal.......don't lose any sleep over the whole thing. It's likely PPD at work. Put the info on your ignore list.

Spanky
07-07-2011, 10:51 PM
The only Scenario in which a Fed "Insider" would have Intelligence into the PM Market would be if the Govt. et al were planning to confiscate - ask him if there's a "Confiscation Order" afoot.:eek:

Lorian
07-07-2011, 11:01 PM
The only Scenario in which a Fed "Insider" would have Intelligence into the PM Market would be if the Govt. et al were planning to confiscate - ask him if there's a "Confiscation Order" afoot.:eek:
Do you think the ones at the FED are stupid or so?
A thief can be as smart as anyone else, the FED employees and the ones gaving them the privileges no exception.
I'm not even interested in the story, true or false.
To get an idea about silvers (and other stuff) future prices, I look at what the Federal Reserve does, and that is printing money, now and then. Maybe that employee heard about printing -1000 dollar notes, to make silver price drop. :p

the_sirius_one
07-08-2011, 12:04 AM
.....Dropping the POG and POS is easy for them as they just print up massive amounts of unbacked silver and gold certificates and dump them on the markets causing the prices to plunge as they have done many times before.....

To address the OP, IB that the above statement covers the means.

The motive is always to support the illusion of a valuable dollar.

The scheme if true would likely be decided during a FED meeting with all the governors and their aides. We are talking about an elite group of about 20 or so. Unless the daughter is among this group, the info is not first hand. It may still be true having filtered down through the rank and file, but not first hand.

Only traders and those heavily leveraged need worry, for physical stackers should be nonplused by any of this. Market manipulations can only be temporary, for true market forces will trump market dumps in the long run.

S

ChopperDown
07-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Anything is possible. Maybe she is really good "friends" with mr. helicopter. :D

the_sirius_one
07-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Intelligent life seeks proof beyond hearsay.

And no a peon would not have privy to such important info.

How do you know the daughter is a peon?
That's almost a sexist statement, for sure.

S

SterlingMan
07-08-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm thinking Slick is a dramaQueen and wants attention,

Great post Slick

galtbob
07-08-2011, 12:56 AM

I think you have to judge your source. Is your friend a stacker, and was his daughter trying to caution him? If so, pay attention. You may indeed be "inside the wall".

And it would not surprise me to see the Fed do exactly this, and they certainly have the ability to do so. If you judge this as POSSIBLY true, I would love to get a PM fomr you. I will give you some help in how to hedge your stack against this as exchange for that private PM.

Medina
07-08-2011, 01:14 AM
First off this is pure speculation on the part of the Federal Reserve employee, who would not have access to any information of this sort.

Secondly, is this employee positioning herself or her family to take advantage of this supposed price decline? If not, I would say that proves how little conviction she has in her words.

Third, if the PMs do crash, that would be a fantastic buying opportunity and we should all be so lucky for this woman to be right, which sadly she is not.

Thank you for typing my response:) Thats the way to deal with it.

The Ag Abides
07-08-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm definitely no financial wizard, but it seems that the Fed would need to reel in all the liquidity (dollar dilution) they just pumped into the financial system to crash precious metals as described. Two weeks seems a little fast though.

Agsearcher
07-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Interesting, time will tell. I made a note on my calendar to remind me about this thread.
The fed can do lots of things that can affect the markets, commodities or stocks.

galtbob
07-08-2011, 02:18 AM
I just started a new thread over in the gold forum to discuss possible fed actions to smack down gold. Wanted to get away from the source/rumor part of this discussion and just talk theoreticals.

Carpenter
07-08-2011, 06:33 AM
You seriously expect me to take someone's rewritten story as Gospel? C'mon And I didn't say the Fed doesn't play a role in PM prices, I said they don't control it. There's much more $ in the world behind the prices than the Fed can throw at it.

The sections of FOMC minutes quoted in the analysis speak for themselves.

The fed steadfastly maintains they do not try to influence the price of gold.
Yet proof of that manipulation is contained in the minutes of FOMC meetings.
The Fed denied the existance of those minutes for 18 years.

When the transcripts were finally turned over they had been heavily redacted.

Ignore the Feds ability at your own peril.

t00nces2
07-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks

I could believe that paper silver and gold will crash in a few weeks... Physical? Not so much.

bandicou2010
07-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Wow I'm totally confused.

An insider in the silver industry (a McDonald's employee) is bullish on silver, a federal reserve employee is bearish, a crazy guy talking to himself outside my house calls for $1400 silver in a few months. I don't know what to think anymore... :confused:

Maybe I'll just have to stick to the facts. FRN's being printed all over the world. World finances in a mess. Gold & Silver up over the medium and longterm guaranteed.

Carpenter
07-08-2011, 07:16 AM
I'm definitely no financial wizard, but it seems that the Fed would need to reel in all the liquidity (dollar dilution) they just pumped into the financial system to crash precious metals as described. Two weeks seems a little fast though.

The Fed need only sell gold to drop the price.

t00nces2
07-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Wow I'm totally confused.

An insider in the silver industry (a McDonald's employee) is bullish on silver, a federal reserve employee is bearish, a crazy guy talking to himself outside my house calls for $1400 silver in a few months. I don't know what to think anymore... :confused:

Maybe I'll just have to stick to the facts. FRN's being printed all over the world. World finances in a mess. Gold & Silver up over the medium and longterm guaranteed.

He is not so crazy... He is the same guy who said to short Enron in January 2001...

Scorp
07-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks

If I were you, I would invite that friend for years to a dinner and have him bring his daugther with him. Then have a casual chit-chat about what she does at the Fed and engage in another money, silver & gold discussion with her involved. A few bottles of wine can very easily loosen tongues.

You will then have your answer to your question. I think it's possible a high ranking employee at the Fed can have information on a move that would affect PM prices and the economy in general.

You definitely need to further investigate if that lead is coherent or only the ramblings of a man that wanted to impress you with privy info his daughter might have. Time to be real slick, gal! ;)

eurodollarconfetti
07-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks

Why would the Fed want to crash precious metals? Gold is an important asset
from the USA. As a matter of fact (or fiction?) the USA is the biggest holder
of this metal.

Crashing gold -if the Fed could do that- will make US-bonds worth less
and who is holding most bonds?

Exactly: the Federal Reserve holds most US-bonds. Its very unlikely that the
Fed will interrupt the "o so free" gold- and/or silvermarkets.

gene Daniel
07-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Slick,

Thanks for posting this. Too many on this board don't want to hear anything that is contrary to what they already believe.

That said, I would not put a lot of stock in what basically a bank employee said about PMs, unless they were personally acting on said information agressively.

I have talked to bank employees here locally and they are clueless.

mwm4kf
07-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Yes. I think they would have this kind of information, depending on their position.

I agree completely. Thanks for posting, Slick.

Z_Z_Z
07-08-2011, 06:48 PM
"PMs were set to crash in a few weeks"

Ok. I will bite. But there is only a couple of ways this could happen. 1) Massive. And I mean massive deflation of the USD. And this is NOT going to happen in two weeks time. Or 2) a frenzied race to obtain FRNs due to some worldwide catastrophe. And as powerful as they may be, unless they have a crystal ball, how would they have this knowledge ahead of time???

Now the OP did not say his third party informant stated "the Fed would crash silver" but rather that "PMs were set to crash in a few weeks."

Here's my thinking. I'm calling BS. And I will come back here to this very post and eat crow if it happens.

Now I am not talking a paper crash. I am talking... you go to your dealer and he says he is going to pay $10 less per ounce than today. Notice I said today.

Here's why: in two weeks time, if silver has a quick 30% run up, then a correction back down to the upper $30s. I guess you could call it a crash of sorts. But would that be a huge surprise? No really, and I suspect it would be a short lived stay at that level. Again, barring any Fed backed deflationary policy.

So here is the real issue when making such a statement (and pardon if someone has already addressed this as I have not had time to read all of the posts). What is the POS right before this expected crash? If POS is in the same range as today, I am calling BS. If POS is up 30% from today, then it is possible, resulting from a short lived sell off.

So in short, calling a crash is really meaningless unless you can specify the price parameters. Now having said all of that, I am off to my LCS to add to my stack.

captbilly
07-08-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't mean to be the guy who sounds like a broken record but, it would not take much to set off a huge decline in silver prices. With massive inventory, and a huge disparity between the cost to produce on ounce of silver vs. the present selling price, we have the potential for a huge drop in price. The same could be said for gold , although the ratio of cost to produce vs selling price is lower for gold, and we could see it happen. Everyone should have an escape plan for a massive downward movement, but very few people have any realistic plan to move their stash in an emergency. Find a reputable dealer in your area and work with him/her so that he/she knows who you are and will not rip you off. I am not selling my gold or silver but I can afford to hold it for an extended period if prices crash (plus I only have a small amount of silver), others may not have the luxury of holding onto their silver for years while the price recovers.

I don't know where the rumor that there is a shortage of silver ever came from. There is a huge amount of silver sitting in vaults and stashes all over the world. Most estimates put the inventory of silver at 2 to 3 decades. Compare that with the inventory of oil, or platinum, which runs from weeks to months, and you get an idea of how low silver or gold could go. You only have to look back 2-3 years to see a time when oil and platinum were actually selling for less than their respective costs of production, and these are industrial commodities with tiny inventories. Of course the price of oil and platinum could not stay below production cost for long, since there wasn't enough of the two to last for long, but silver could stay below production cost for 20-30 years before inventories would run out and production cost would finally take over as the price setting mechanism. Now consider that silver costs about $4-$5 an ounce to produce (gold is about $500, hence a 100-1 price ratio) and one can see a potential for $3-$4 silver that could last for decades.

I absolutely do not claim to think that silver or gold (or oil or platinum) are about to crash but there is no inherent reason that they could not. The only thing fueling present silver and gold prices is speculation, and speculation isn't exactly the most stabilizing force in investing.

I am not selling my silver or gold, because I see these investments as a hedge against other potential hazards, but I am really worried about all the small investors who have every penny in silver.

HardlyPeeved
07-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Something is going to crash in a few weeks.

I have no problem with that...I expect it every day going forward into August 2011.

Now...what will crash ? There's the question...

Wager its fiat based (currency, government, economy).

johndaniels
07-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Gasoline Attendant says PM's will crash!!
Blackjack Dealer says PM's will crash!!
Shoeshine boy says PM's will crash!!

all bear the same relevance as the headline of this thread.

Also, we are getting alot of bearish noob posters in here, spreading disinfo crap just like this threads headline.

Bullish.

Z_Z_Z
07-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't mean to be the guy who sounds like a broken record but, it would not take much to set off a huge decline in silver prices....

I don't know where the rumor that there is a shortage of silver ever came from....

I do not think the POS has been going up because people, in general, believe this. I think there are many other factors that have driven worldwide buying. All of which have been well talked about in the forum. I would venture to say that it has been the worldwide sentiment regarding USD that has been driving this more than any of the other factors.

Put into perspective of the jobs report that came out today, I only see more of what we have been seeing. If all arrows are pointing to a specific direction, why would we think that the economic forces, which have proven time and time again throughout history, would act in a manner that is counter-intuitive and not supported by the data?

johndaniels
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I do not think the POS has been going up because people, in general, believe this. I think there are many other factors that have driven worldwide buying. All of which have been well talked about in the forum. I would venture to say that it has been the worldwide sentiment regarding USD that has been driving this more than any of the other factors.

Put into perspective of the jobs report that came out today, I only see more of what we have been seeing. If all arrows are pointing to a specific direction, why would we think that the economic forces, which have proven time and time again throughout history, would act in a manner that is counter-intuitive and not supported by the data?

Simple.

Melt-up currency crisis...

and it will continue as such.

Johnnyzed
07-08-2011, 07:17 PM
I am not sure this is so far fetched. If they knew that a deal is happening on the debt ceiling that would in fact deflate the USD, then that could have a significant impact on PMs.

Ron Paul floated an idea about the Fed fogiving the 1.7 Trillion dollar debt, which might have the effect of taking out 1.7 trillion of usd out of circulation.

johndaniels
07-08-2011, 07:28 PM
With massive inventory, and a huge disparity between the cost to produce on ounce of silver vs. the present selling price, we have the potential for a huge drop in price.... I don't know where the rumor that there is a shortage of silver ever came from. There is a huge amount of silver sitting in vaults and stashes all over the world. Most estimates put the inventory of silver at 2 to 3 decades. Compare that with the inventory of oil, or platinum, which runs from weeks to months, and you get an idea of how low silver or gold could go. You only have to look back 2-3 years to see a time when oil and platinum were actually selling for less than their respective costs of production, and these are industrial commodities with tiny inventories. Now consider that silver costs about $4-$5 an ounce to produce (gold is about $500, hence a 100-1 price ratio) and one can see a potential for $3-$4 silver that could last for decades.

Sorry but this post is ridiculous.

$5 oz to produce? Does that include gas costs (diesel is higher), labor, logistics, surveys? This $5 number was pulled out of someones ass in the 1960's, and has been regurgitated dysentery ever since.

I call B.S.

Also, using your only example, hidden stashes, you cannot consider "silver sitting in vaults and stashes all over the world" as available supplies. The available supplies are whats on the books, and that IS what it is, and the prices reflect that.

Rebel Yarr
07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
There is ZERO chance that they will NOT raise the debt ceiling. They have no choice whatsoever.

We might have some circus games delaying the ceiling lift - nothing more. Sure, this might cause some panic and deflation - but it will further support the raising of the debt ceiling.

They will have used up ALL of the fed pension dollars by Aug 1st - and where will they turn next if the debt ceiling is not raised? We are going through hundreds of billions a month supporting the current .gov/regime. The .gov is a giant vacuum sucking up any value that can be found to continue to prop up the ponsi scheme.

There is no choice - no choice in the matter at all.

Every day we continue down this path is a day closer to explosive increases (relative) in the cost of living and the flight/panic to gold/silver. We have only seen the very beginning of .gov's actions in the domestic currency war.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

yellowsnow
07-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Gasoline Attendant says PM's will crash!!
Blackjack Dealer says PM's will crash!!
Shoeshine boy says PM's will crash!!

all bear the same relevance as the headline of this thread.

Also, we are getting alot of bearish noob posters in here, spreading disinfo crap just like this threads headline.

Bullish.i would double check the inside info with the fed's building janitor and office mail clerk as well. They get to see things that other can't see.

Ryanferr
07-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Sorry but this post is ridiculous.

$5 oz to produce? Does that include gas costs (diesel is higher), labor, logistics, surveys? This $5 number was pulled out of someones ass in the 1960's, and has been regurgitated dysentery ever since.

I call B.S.

Also, using your only example, hidden stashes, you cannot consider "silver sitting in vaults and stashes all over the world" as available supplies. The available supplies are whats on the books, and that IS what it is, and the prices reflect that.

It costs less than $10 to pull oil out of the ground in Saudi Arabia...and oil is more expensive than silver.

Hecla Mining's current "total cash cost per ounce - silver (1) $(1.46)" .......that means NEGATIVE. They get paid to extract the silver. Right off their financial statements
Barrick: Total cash costs per ounce of gold: $457
Pan American: Cash costs per silver ounce: $5.69. Total Cost per silver ounce: $9.51
Silver Wheaton: ranges from: $3.90-$4.04 per ounce, depends on which mine.

Markpti
07-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks

If we were to take this statement seriously we would then need to ask at least three questions.
1. What would or could make PMs drop significantly (20% or more ?)?
2. What role could the FED have in that?
3. What is the probability of the event based on 1 and 2?

I think we all spend a lot of time discussing all three on this forum all the time.

Z_Z_Z
07-08-2011, 09:38 PM
If lending stalls and liquidity dries up, many players are likely to cash out, a la 2008. TPTB will do everything to keep this from happening. More money needs to be injected into the markets to keep the peace. Peace is kept by keeping certain regimes in power and forcing those countries that threaten instability to get in line or face looking down the barrels of those who have military superiority. This has happened time and time again, although it's never really publicized that way. Ultimately at some point there will need to be a resetting of the world's currencies, but not yet. There is still plenty of time to allow the slow burn down of the current ones. This is not anything new, it's just not going to happen in a few weeks time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The price of your PM is less important than it's relative worth. It really comes down to what your PM can buy you at time (x) vs. what it could buy you in the past. Simply translating your PMs into a dollar amount is leaving out much of the story.

blue edwards
07-08-2011, 09:43 PM
my neighbor's girlfriend works at apmex and she says pm's are going to the moon!

ingots
07-08-2011, 11:46 PM
what did you think a fed worker is gonna say? " get out of the dollar" srsly think about it

johndaniels
07-08-2011, 11:54 PM
my neighbor's girlfriend works at apmex and she says pm's are going to the moon!

Now this i like!

RE: Thread...

F**k the Federal Reserve, and anyone that works there.; takin' pay from satan...
They killed John F Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln, and crucified Christ. Also tried to kill Andrew Jackson but failed... like the miserable f***s they are. They intervened into our system, murdered our leaders, and today spectacle our dead presidents on their 'federal reserve notes' like heads on spikes. Its the greatest insult of the age..

You say the "Fed" wasn't around then? well... they were. They were known as the 'moneychangers', and it was the only time JC got really... pissed...off

jbsilver
07-09-2011, 12:16 AM
It costs less than $10 to pull oil out of the ground in Saudi Arabia...and oil is more expensive than silver.

Hecla Mining's current "total cash cost per ounce - silver (1) $(1.46)" .......that means NEGATIVE. They get paid to extract the silver. Right off their financial statements
Barrick: Total cash costs per ounce of gold: $457
Pan American: Cash costs per silver ounce: $5.69. Total Cost per silver ounce: $9.51
Silver Wheaton: ranges from: $3.90-$4.04 per ounce, depends on which mine.

"The Lucky Friday silver mine is located in one of the world’s most prolific silver-producing districts, northern Idaho’s Silver Valley. It is the deepest operating mine in the United States and has been in commercial production since 1942. Over the past 67 years, nearly 144.5 million ounces of silver have been mined, with 3.5 million ounces produced in 2009 at an average ore grade of 10.86 ounces of silver per ton. The total average cash cost in 2009 was $5.21 per ounce of silver."

Could somebody explain me how it is possible extract one tone ore from deepest mine in USA at cost of $55 ??? What is cost of transporting, grinding, and refining?

http://www.hecla-mining.com/hmc_prop_luckyfriday_prod.html

ingolditrust
07-09-2011, 12:56 AM
You say the "Fed" wasn't around then? well... they were. They were known as the 'moneychangers', and it was the only time JC got really... pissed...off

hey johndaniels...i hate to get off topic but I couldn't help but notice your avatar pic. and then the above quote...

You don't need to convince me...I know "THEY" were around then ;)

Ryanferr
07-09-2011, 01:58 AM
"The Lucky Friday silver mine is located in one of the world’s most prolific silver-producing districts, northern Idaho’s Silver Valley. It is the deepest operating mine in the United States and has been in commercial production since 1942. Over the past 67 years, nearly 144.5 million ounces of silver have been mined, with 3.5 million ounces produced in 2009 at an average ore grade of 10.86 ounces of silver per ton. The total average cash cost in 2009 was $5.21 per ounce of silver."

Could somebody explain me how it is possible extract one tone ore from deepest mine in USA at cost of $55 ??? What is cost of transporting, grinding, and refining?

http://www.hecla-mining.com/hmc_prop_luckyfriday_prod.html

I can best explain it in terms of oil, but the same logic applies. These numbers are made up, except for the $ per acre are pretty accurate.

An oil company buys 100 acres of land for $1,000 an acre and starts exploring for oil. They dig 5 holes in the ground and 4 are wet and have oil in them. So they spent $10,000 for the land and have discovered they have $50,000,000 worth of oil in the ground. They install the rigs, hire employees, and start extracting the oil which costs about $500,000 up front and then about $10,000 per day. However, they are pumping out 1000 barrels of oil a day which is worth $90,000. So you can quickly begin to see how the cost of the actual oil extraction is quite small once everything is set up as this $90,000 per day in income more than compensates for the daily operating costs of $10k and will soon pay off the cost of the rigs at $500,000.

On top of that, this land that they bought for $10,000 (1,000/acre) is now worth $2,500,000 (25,000/acre). Once the initial costs for the whole project are paid off the average cost per barrel decreases dramatically. In places where there are gushers, you literally drill a hole and oil comes rushing out (Saudi Arabia back in the day) - there were minimal costs to this type of extraction. Obviously the same parallel of a gusher would not really apply to silver, but you get the idea.

One of the reasons why Hecla Mining is so attractive is because they are a silver mining company that happens to find a bunch of gold, nickle, and other metals. By the time they sell this "waste" metal they have enough cash to cover their silver costs plus some, which is why they literally extract silver at a negative cost. They have fantastic fundamentals.

Lorian
07-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Ron Paul floated an idea about the Fed fogiving the 1.7 Trillion dollar debt, which might have the effect of taking out 1.7 trillion of usd out of circulation.
How exactly do you think 'forgiving' debt can remove dollars out of circulation?
What is debt: money that was spent.
Money that was used to buy stuff, and the one that bought is obliged to pay it back over time.

All that 'forgiving' debt does is removing that obligation.
So they don't have to help anymore in the economy, to earn, and pay it back.
That is exactly the same consequence as of what the FED does: creating+spending money that has no product or service whatsoever in the economy, it represents zero buying power but because the money looks identical, nobody can refuse just that.

But, the money is spent.
These dollars went into possession of the people that made products and delivered services, as payment.
How these gonna get out of circulation then?
Knock their doors and demanding cash?
Subtract it from their bank accounts?

It's exactly the opposite: the dollars remain in circulation and the people/companies in debt can continu spending instead of having to pay back instead, so 'forgiving' debt implies making the problem worser.

Prospector
07-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks

Interesting. Sort of like having a friend whose daughter is a whore and she says something about the sanctity of marriage. She may be right, but I can't imagine any reason to pay attention to information from that source when information is available from much more reliable sources.

govikesgo
07-09-2011, 11:36 PM
The sections of FOMC minutes quoted in the analysis speak for themselves.

The fed steadfastly maintains they do not try to influence the price of gold.
Yet proof of that manipulation is contained in the minutes of FOMC meetings.
The Fed denied the existance of those minutes for 18 years.

When the transcripts were finally turned over they had been heavily redacted.

Ignore the Feds ability at your own peril.

And by NOT ignoring their ability as you put, what can you do about it? How does that affect your stacking/investing? Aren't we all at the mercy of whoever when our values go up or down? Has your "knowledge" of their manipulation affected the way you stack? If so, how?

govikesgo
07-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Slick,

Thanks for posting this. Too many on this board don't want to hear anything that is contrary to what they already believe.

That said, I would not put a lot of stock in what basically a bank employee said about PMs, unless they were personally acting on said information agressively.

I have talked to bank employees here locally and they are clueless.

Bank employees? That's a joke. The only qualification is that you can count. MOST bank VP's, and EVERY bank has several just showing you what that title mean, started out as a teller. I've been banking long enough at several banks to know this personally.

govikesgo
07-09-2011, 11:48 PM
I don't mean to be the guy who sounds like a broken record but, it would not take much to set off a huge decline in silver prices. With massive inventory, and a huge disparity between the cost to produce on ounce of silver vs. the present selling price, we have the potential for a huge drop in price. The same could be said for gold , although the ratio of cost to produce vs selling price is lower for gold, and we could see it happen. Everyone should have an escape plan for a massive downward movement, but very few people have any realistic plan to move their stash in an emergency. Find a reputable dealer in your area and work with him/her so that he/she knows who you are and will not rip you off. I am not selling my gold or silver but I can afford to hold it for an extended period if prices crash (plus I only have a small amount of silver), others may not have the luxury of holding onto their silver for years while the price recovers.

I don't know where the rumor that there is a shortage of silver ever came from. There is a huge amount of silver sitting in vaults and stashes all over the world. Most estimates put the inventory of silver at 2 to 3 decades. Compare that with the inventory of oil, or platinum, which runs from weeks to months, and you get an idea of how low silver or gold could go. You only have to look back 2-3 years to see a time when oil and platinum were actually selling for less than their respective costs of production, and these are industrial commodities with tiny inventories. Of course the price of oil and platinum could not stay below production cost for long, since there wasn't enough of the two to last for long, but silver could stay below production cost for 20-30 years before inventories would run out and production cost would finally take over as the price setting mechanism. Now consider that silver costs about $4-$5 an ounce to produce (gold is about $500, hence a 100-1 price ratio) and one can see a potential for $3-$4 silver that could last for decades.

I absolutely do not claim to think that silver or gold (or oil or platinum) are about to crash but there is no inherent reason that they could not. The only thing fueling present silver and gold prices is speculation, and speculation isn't exactly the most stabilizing force in investing.

I am not selling my silver or gold, because I see these investments as a hedge against other potential hazards, but I am really worried about all the small investors who have every penny in silver.

Everyone of your numbers are so far off base. Please don't ask me which numbers...ALL OF THEM. Do your homework. Your analysis is moot when your figures are wrong.

govikesgo
07-10-2011, 12:05 AM
There is ZERO chance that they will NOT raise the debt ceiling. They have no choice whatsoever.

We might have some circus games delaying the ceiling lift - nothing more. Sure, this might cause some panic and deflation - but it will further support the raising of the debt ceiling.

They will have used up ALL of the fed pension dollars by Aug 1st - and where will they turn next if the debt ceiling is not raised? We are going through hundreds of billions a month supporting the current .gov/regime. The .gov is a giant vacuum sucking up any value that can be found to continue to prop up the ponsi scheme.

There is no choice - no choice in the matter at all.

Every day we continue down this path is a day closer to explosive increases (relative) in the cost of living and the flight/panic to gold/silver. We have only seen the very beginning of .gov's actions in the domestic currency war.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

You are 100% correct. I've said this in other posts but QE, Quantitative Easing is a fairly new buzzword. It means raising the debt limit. They call this just ended QE2 and next QE3, when in fact it should be QE75. In fact since 1962 there have been 74 votes in congress to raise the debt limit. It was approved and raised 74 times!!! It has been raised 10 times since 9/11. Why is there any debate as to whether this will happen. It's a foregone conclusion. Best it's done ASAP so we can get our short lived PM dip and then upswing starting in September just like clockwork.

Richie3888
07-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Why is everybody saying that's bullshit if pos goes down? I welcome lower prices.

govikesgo
07-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Why is everybody saying that's bullshit if pos goes down? I welcome lower prices.

And by saying this, your contribution to this post is.........?

Carpenter
07-10-2011, 08:31 AM
And by NOT ignoring their ability as you put, what can you do about it?
How does that affect your stacking/investing?
Aren't we all at the mercy of whoever when our values go up or down?
Has your "knowledge" of their manipulation affected the way you stack? If so, how?

"The first caualty of war is truth."

The truth about gold encourages strong hands in the face of manipulation.

I know the truth about gold, and the Fed, others do not.
You do them a disservice when you attempt to diminish the Feds influence.

the highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans

"If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat."

Alan Greenspan knows the truth about gold.

An almost hysterical antagonism toward the gold standard is one issue which unites statists of all persuasions. They seem to sense... that gold and economic freedom are inseparable.
Alan Greenspan (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alangreens125903.html)

In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value.
Alan Greenspan (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alangreens136390.html)

Lorian
07-10-2011, 08:53 AM
It's Greenspans own policy of low interest rates (read: cheap lending of money) that is the main cause of current crisis, and he also rescued/bailed out like they do in this crisis.
Despite all he said outside the period he ran the FED.
The eternal difference between one that strives to power and one in power: words <-> actions.

Carpenter
07-10-2011, 09:32 AM
It's Greenspans own policy of low interest rates (read: cheap lending of money) that is the main cause of current crisis, and he also rescued/bailed out like they do in this crisis.
Despite all he said outside the period he ran the FED.
The eternal difference between one that strives to power and one in power: words <-> actions.

I said Greenspan knew the truth about gold.
I didn't say he was on our side.

July 1991 FOMC meeting minutes:
Given central banks' reduced willingness to own gold, or
given what I see as a reluctance in the foreign central banks and others to hold
as large gold stocks, given countries in southeast Asia who have changed their
attitudes [toward gold], and given the Soviet Union [sales], I don't understand
why gold prices do not come down. It suggests to me that there may be some
what we call "crazies" out there who believe that gold is a good (inflation hedge).
And I guess I think that [inflation concern] is in the long bond.

I think we irritate him.;)

johndaniels
07-10-2011, 10:16 AM
"The first caualty of war is truth."

The truth about gold encourages strong hands in the face of manipulation.

I know the truth about gold, and the Fed, others do not.
You do them a disservice when you attempt to diminish the Feds influence.

Alan Greenspan knows the truth about gold.

Nice Sun Tzu 'Art of War' inputs...

How about this one:

"Never underestimate..... the OTHER GUYS GREED!"

USMCVeteran
07-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks

They're only human.

Mike Hunt
07-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks

Maybe the daughter isn't a peon, but is in charge of the Dept. of Propaganda
and Public Misinformation.:)

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude
of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself. ...

Then again maybe she is just a peon of same such Dept.:D

Principal
07-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Does the Fed Reserve have his much power that they could control the price of metals for an extended period of time, world wide?

Seems like a pretty far stretch if you ask me ...

Ryanferr
07-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Does the Fed Reserve have his much power that they could control the price of metals for an extended period of time, world wide?

interest rates? Money supply? Seems they could quite easily.

Am I missing your point?

mrgneiss
07-10-2011, 07:59 PM

I guess you don't visit the Zero Hedge website much...........

mcc99
07-10-2011, 08:06 PM
It's in the Fed's interest to keep the price of PMs down. Of course someone who plays on their team will want this kind of idea spread around. Friends or not, straight-shooter or not, consider the source. PM price is determined by the same thing that determines the price of everything else: supply and demand. Bear in mind I refer to physical PM, not paper contracts. Anyone still playing with paper is playing with fire. Physical holders I see doing just fine, debt deal or not.

ingolditrust
07-10-2011, 08:21 PM

Exactly. Banks ruling the world? Impossible.

Ryanferr
07-10-2011, 10:06 PM
It's in the Fed's interest to keep the price of PMs down. Of course someone who plays on their team will want this kind of idea spread around. Friends or not, straight-shooter or not, consider the source. PM price is determined by the same thing that determines the price of everything else: supply and demand. Bear in mind I refer to physical PM, not paper contracts. Anyone still playing with paper is playing with fire. Physical holders I see doing just fine, debt deal or not.

I think the fed is more concerned with the price of oil and food than it is silver.

Psycho
07-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I got so upset reading this post that I went out and bought 5 eagles and a 90% proof collector coin. Paid spot. I recently found a small mom and pop store that just opened near my sons home. So, EVERY time I visit him I am planning to stop by this new shop and pick up a few. I travel to see him about once every two months. I figure I can get a few hundred coins a year from there without attracting too much attention.

Lorian
07-10-2011, 11:29 PM
The problem of governments and its central banks is 'trust'.
They need people to believe that the paper represents a buying power matching the effort people did in the economy.
Since metals are a medium of exchange and wealth storage competing with their paper, they see it as a threat but ofcourse they don't want to say this publicly or give that impression.

Unlike what ryanferr said (I don't know why he had to narrow down your 'PM' to only silver here, maybe to emphasis his bogus point), the current size of a market doesn't matter, it's the market potential to grow.
The size of a market is measured as the amount dollars/euros/etc in it.
And there it is: look at what the FED did in just 3 years: tripling the monetary base. Look at what metals did in that very same period: tripling in price. See how metals and dollars move together like the two levers of a balance? Ones gain is the others pain.

Now, these metal markets have a paper part. That paper part is important for the FED and buddies, because it allows to drain off their biggest enemies, the ones that threaten their entire paper-driven state-oriented economy: the buyers of physical, and especially the ones that demand delivery. It's the exact same as a fiatmoney bankrun in the banking system Keynes and Fisher created early past century. Their whole system is based on fractions, and threatening the fraction on just one market-location, is enough for a chain reaction that propagates through their system on a world scale, wiping that crucial 'trust'.
So even that little silver market hangs like Thor's hammer above their head. And on top of that, the silver market has another characteristic that even magnifies this: it hasn't big stocks. A silly small amount dollars that enter this market as a demand for delivered physical would 'bust' their paper bogus-representation.
Imagine that people would order physical silver and despite the low price it can't be delivered. What would one think that owns silver as a paper representation, at the same price? Yep. Busted big time.
And there it starts.
Other metals, also sold as a paper representation. If those 'owners' see what happened on the silver market, what would they think? What would they do? Ask delivery, of course. And Yep (2). Busted again.
Now, the same banks that manage the metal markets, do also the dollar market. People with savings accounts read that they failed to deliver metals. Again trust is lost. They would relocate their money to other banks, but 2008 showed the difference between banks: nil. They would run for cash. And there, the 'busted' goes Big.

fire1977
07-11-2011, 12:44 AM
I think the fed is more concerned with the price of oil and food than it is silver.

Why would you think that? The price of oil has skyrocketed, the price of food is about the same as it was a year ago. The price of gas is within 50 cents of where it was. The price of silver dropped from $49.00 to $33.00 give or take in a matter of days. Please give us your wisdom.

fire1977
07-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Oh and before you make an idiot out of yourself. Bombs need silver. The communications to make the bomb go off need silver. Get my point. Fed does not care. I call BS.

Jess Douitt
07-11-2011, 12:55 PM
the price of food is about the same as it was a year ago.

What?!? :eek:

July 7, 2011 “The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) food price index increased by 3 points to 234 points last month – a 39% increase on the year " Read more: Food Prices Surge, Again Head Toward Record and Dangerous Levels http://dailyreckoning.com/food-prices-surge-again-head-toward-record-and-dangerous-levels/#ixzz1RofAe9nU

rawteam1
07-11-2011, 01:11 PM
what exactly is pm?

silver? if so, it has already crashed...........another crash would take it to 28....

gold? if so, takes it 2 .... 1260 or so............smaller crash 1415 or so....

if so, a crash is a paper print crash so it could be 1 second, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15, 30 , 60 min or 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month.........

premiums on physical may keep up with the paper price downside to have a small net effect on acquiring physical gold and/or silver

crash in 08 was meaningless, unless u were scared out of selling your physical...... it was more of a once in a lifetime chance to buy at those prices for awhile.... about 9 months............

Ryanferr
07-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Why would you think that? The price of oil has skyrocketed, the price of food is about the same as it was a year ago. The price of gas is within 50 cents of where it was. The price of silver dropped from $49.00 to $33.00 give or take in a matter of days. Please give us your wisdom.

Because when oil prices go up it effects everyone. Gasoline prices increase transportation costs for all goods and makes it more expensive to extract other commodities. Back in the 70's do you think people were more upset that oil prices were sky high or that silver reached new highs? In 2007 were people more upset about oil hitting $140 /barrel and gasoline going over $5.00 gallon or the fact silver and gold had increased substantially?

Oil will create a lot more political pressure on the fed than silver. Oil is a much more popular maco-economic bench mark than PM's, especially silver.

Ryanferr
07-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Unlike what ryanferr said (I don't know why he had to narrow down your 'PM' to only silver here, maybe to emphasis his bogus point), the current size of a market doesn't matter, it's the market potential to grow.
The size of a market is measured as the amount dollars/euros/etc in it.
And there it is: look at what the FED did in just 3 years: tripling the monetary base. Look at what metals did in that very same period: tripling in price. See how metals and dollars move together like the two levers of a balance? Ones gain is the others pain.

Call up a random voter and tell them silver is up 2.5x since 2009. Call them and tell them iron is up over 5x in 5 years. Then call them and tell them oil has doubled since 2008.....see which one gets a bigger reaction. The simple fact is it is oil. They will get pissed off oil prices have doubled and will call their Congressmen. The Congressmen will then put added political pressure on the Fed.....yadda yadda....oil and unemployment poses a bigger threat to the Fed than gold or anything else because the simple fact is people will measure the health of the economy and inflation through oil before anything else.

Lorian
07-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Call up a random voter and tell them silver is up 2.5x since 2009. Call them and tell them iron is up over 5x in 5 years. Then call them and tell them oil has doubled since 2008.....see which one gets a bigger reaction. The simple fact is it is oil. They will get pissed off oil prices have doubled and will call their Congressmen. The Congressmen will then put added political pressure on the Fed.....yadda yadda....oil and unemployment poses a bigger threat to the Fed than gold or anything else because the simple fact is people will measure the health of the economy and inflation through oil before anything else.
What is more important: the market of money, or the market of oil?
Gold and silver threat their currency markets. They use the dollar/euro markets to control the entire economy. And here you are telling me oil is more important? :)

And "political pressure" on the Federal Reserve? Lol, it's the opposite, the FED is humping like a happy rabbit to print dollars, thats why those politicians gave it these wow-privileges...

Ryanferr
07-11-2011, 04:00 PM
What is more important: the market of money, or the market of oil?
Gold and silver threat their currency markets. They use the dollar/euro markets to control the entire economy. And here you are telling me oil is more important? :)

And "political pressure" on the Federal Reserve? Lol, it's the opposite, the FED is humping like a happy rabbit to print dollars, thats why those politicians gave it these wow-privileges...

I 100% believe oil is more important. Energy is king in today's economy. Gold and silver, not so much. You can talk about currencies controlling markets, but oil currently controls the entire ERA of human development. Furthermore, oil dominates the geo-politics of the entire world. Walk into a restaurant and listen to what people talk about. No few people are like, "Omg did you hear about gold? Yeah, hit a new high! Omg our monetary policy is so out of whack right now, I cant believe what the federal reserve is doinggg". Instead you hear "Omg it cost me $4.00 to fill up on gas today, I know, I cant believe it." Turn on the news, oil makes headlines. Open the Wall-Street Journal and there are tons of articles about how the government's attempt to manipulate the oil market lower was a huge failure. Oil dominates because everyone uses it in large quantities. Even the gold and silver in the ground requires oil to get it out.

People, and therefore government, are much more sensitive to energy prices.

snagglepus
07-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks

Simple......keep what you have and add more....If it does crash then it will be up, up just as fast !!

Joe6pack
07-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks

That is a vey reasonable call. Technically speaking a crash is 20% or more, if PM’s were to so call "crash" 20% + from today’s prices I would very much welcome it and buy more PM’s.

If PM were to so call “crash” more than 20% as commodities did back in the summer of 2008; I don’t expect it would last very long and bounce back so fast you wouldn’t be able to get your order(s) filled, much like 2008.

So the best strategies is to periodically scale buy positions. I expect commodity paper/stocks to over correct more than physical.

I have cash on hand so I hope she is right!

Lorian
07-11-2011, 10:10 PM
I 100% believe oil is more important. Energy is king in today's economy. Gold and silver, not so much. You can talk about currencies controlling markets, but oil currently controls the entire ERA of human development. Furthermore, oil dominates the geo-politics of the entire world. Walk into a restaurant and listen to what people talk about. No few people are like, "Omg did you hear about gold? Yeah, hit a new high! Omg our monetary policy is so out of whack right now, I cant believe what the federal reserve is doinggg". Instead you hear "Omg it cost me $4.00 to fill up on gas today, I know, I cant believe it." Turn on the news, oil makes headlines. Open the Wall-Street Journal and there are tons of articles about how the government's attempt to manipulate the oil market lower was a huge failure. Oil dominates because everyone uses it in large quantities. Even the gold and silver in the ground requires oil to get it out.

People, and therefore government, are much more sensitive to energy prices.
Look what you do here: you express the value of oil in money and you say oil is more important than it...

Ryanferr
07-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Look what you do here: you express the value of oil in money and you say oil is more important than it...

Because people think in terms of oil. They dont think in terms of gold. It is that simple. Your macro economic assessment is correct that money supply will eventually effect oil, but that is only one input for oil prices and you are not taking into account the psychology of the population. We have not used gold as money for 40 years now.....monetary policy, except for maybe right after during the 70's, has never played a very big role. Most people do not even know what monetary policy is. Most people are not aware we utilized gold up until 1971. Most people do not even understand what money is. They know oil and they know oil is not re-newable and they know energy is a looming problem. That is what they care about and that is in turn what the govt cares about.

This is why I enjoy the fact I major in political science on top of economics. You have to consider both disciplines.

johndaniels
07-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Because people think in terms of oil. They dont think in terms of gold. It is that simple. Your macro economic assessment is correct that money supply will eventually effect oil, but that is only one input for oil prices and you are not taking into account the psychology of the population. We have not used gold as money for 40 years now.....monetary policy, except for maybe right after during the 70's, has never played a very big role. Most people do not even know what monetary policy is. Most people are not aware we utilized gold up until 1971. Most people do not even understand what money is. They know oil and they know oil is not re-newable and they know energy is a looming problem. That is what they care about and that is in turn what the govt cares about.

This is why I enjoy the fact I major in political science on top of economics. You have to consider both disciplines.

Oil is not more important than gold with respect to financial markets.

'Oil' as it is reflected in price fluctuations in daily market activity, is a series of 'watered down' derivative movements: like ETF's, option interests, and other abstract investment hedges that, expanded upon each other to create more of the like, are designed to remove direct leverage of the commodity on said financial markets.

There are simply too many ways to invest in oil as a paper investment... and no way to own the physical commodity.

Therefore, it's price is decoupled from the actual demand.

This is a purposeful abstraction, mind you, by the elite... to check the influences of foreign interests upon the U.S. based financial system.

There is absolutely NO limit to controlling the price of oil.

There is an ABSOLUTE limit to controlling the price of gold.

Therefore, gold will have a greater influence upon the financial markets ultimately, than an abstract price valuation for a commodity with a derivative basis than runs to infinity. We will see this all unfold, soon enough.

An education by the establishment is more a cognitive hinderance than a benefit.

Ryanferr
07-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Oil is not more important than gold with respect to financial markets.

'Oil' as it is reflected in price fluctuations in daily market activity, is a series of 'watered down' derivative movements: like ETF's, option interests, and other abstract investment hedges that, expanded upon each other to create more of the like, are designed to remove direct leverage of the commodity on said financial markets.

There are simply too many ways to invest in oil as a paper investment... and no way to own the physical commodity.

Therefore, it's price is decoupled from the actual demand.

This is a purposeful abstraction, mind you, by the elite... to check the influences of foreign interests upon the U.S. based financial system.

There is absolutely NO limit to controlling the price of oil.

There is an ABSOLUTE limit to controlling the price of gold.

Therefore, gold will have a greater influence upon the financial markets ultimately, than an abstract price valuation for a commodity with a derivative basis than runs to infinity. We will see this all unfold, soon enough.

An education by the establishment is more a cognitive hinderance than a benefit.

When they talk about the changes in oil prices they refer to the price of WTI/Brent established on the NYMEX. The ETF's hold these very contracts, so they do not influence price, they follow the price of oil. The oil ETF - USO is actually one of the worst possible ways to get exposure to oil. And there are plenty of ways to own the physical commodity. There is an entire shipping and energy industry based around people buying and selling the physical commodity and the over the counter/cash market deals directly with the physical market. Furthermore, how can you indefinitely control the price of oil? Supply is going down while demand is going up. That is a recipe for infinitely high oil prices, not control. Gold on the other hand is mined regularly and is recycled to be re-used and designed to be more stable. Seems the reverse is actually more likely.

cgcthem
07-18-2011, 05:25 PM
WALL OF WORRY! Just Buy!

CGCTHEM

ingots
07-21-2011, 05:40 PM
whats this fed employee saying now????? :cool:

Lulz1
07-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't know about the girl at the fed but I think silver is going to take a dump tomorrow (friday). This is what my ZSL crystal ball tells me.

johndaniels
07-21-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't know about the girl at the fed but I think silver is going to take a dump tomorrow (friday). This is what my ZSL crystal ball tells me.

judging by your track record and calls w/ ZSL, think ill back up the truck and buy. You really want to give up MORE money to ZSL? You should give up the online casino before your balance is goose-egg. Silver is already up ..

abytot
07-21-2011, 07:47 PM

Is this the same girl that has a night job at McDonalds??

ingots
07-21-2011, 07:50 PM

yea? well you and your seventeen posts are on the hook... could silver dump tomorrow sure can....... means ill buy more......... i dont play one day moves for fiat toilet paper ..... you seem to like it though enjoy......:eek:

ive been holding since ten an oz.... how about you?????

145bluesman
07-21-2011, 11:46 PM
I hope it dumps BIG TIME.

Apmex is having a sale...:eek:

toby5678910
07-22-2011, 12:02 AM
judging by your track record and calls w/ ZSL, think ill back up the truck and buy. You really want to give up MORE money to ZSL? You should give up the online casino before your balance is goose-egg. Silver is already up ..

ZSL was good to me these past 2 days =)

johndaniels
07-22-2011, 02:41 AM
ZSL was good to me these past 2 days =)

really? you caught every volatile move just right?

if you didnt, you couldnt have done that well...

BOiPiNOi604
07-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Thanks

If it crashes, it will be gobbled up. :D
The only way it will crash, is if everyone believes that rumour and starts a panic selling.

toby5678910
07-22-2011, 04:21 AM
really? you caught every volatile move just right?

if you didnt, you couldnt have done that well...

I only own 1000 shares at a time, I sell it every time it goes up 10 cents, making me 100$ cash.

I do this 5-15 times a day

If I wanted to I could do it a lot more now that I think about it...

GetZeeGold
07-22-2011, 05:27 AM
I do this 5-15 times a day.

15 times a day? That is impressive there chief. :D

Palmbchtom
07-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Wall St. will let the Golden Goose die, because some girl who works at the fed knows more?... some insight = most people who work for the Fed Res. or a govm't job ...(yeah i know the fed isn't part of govm't)...don't get that top level info. ...enough said...

Angus
07-22-2011, 07:13 AM
One thing the fed understands is that there is a hard floor in gold. If the PoG falls too low, trillions in foreign reserves will be dumped into circulation all at once. I am purely guessing that that number may be somewhere around 1200-1300USD/oz. If gold "crashes" even a few hundred dollars, foreign countries (starting with China) will rapidly dump their dollar reserves for bullion. The result of this action globally, having trillions enter into circulation nearly all at once, would launch the dollar into a hyper-inflationary spiral that would propel gold and silver to the point where you will no longer be able to purchase them with any amount of FRNs.

What I suspect the girl at the fed was talking about is an implosion in the euro. Take this article as one example. http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2011/07/greece-defaults-krugman-screams-its.html
What exactly is going to happen if the German citizens revolt. While the rest of europe suffers "austerity", the germans pay for most of the bailouts. Which would piss you off more??? How many forces does interpol have? They cannot contain all of europe indefinitely.

I suspect that the girl from the fed is expecting the euro crisis to explode and the result to be a run TO the dollar...causing the PoG to sharply decline in such a way that perhaps other nations may hold onto their dollar reserves despite the cheap price of gold.

I for one, do not think the implosion of the euro monetary zone would have that result. I believe we will once again see gold reassert itself as money and the only true reserve. The dollar WILL go up. However, to the Bernanke and the feds utter perplexity, gold will quickly outpace the dollar.

johndaniels
07-22-2011, 09:59 AM

How's that "ZSL crystal ball" workin for ya?

johndaniels
07-22-2011, 10:00 AM
I only own 1000 shares at a time, I sell it every time it goes up 10 cents, making me 100$ cash.

I do this 5-15 times a day

If I wanted to I could do it a lot more now that I think about it...

I certainly hope you didnt hold overnight.. cuz that +100 is now -1,000.

kwpogey1
07-22-2011, 06:57 PM
I think this person got their story mixed up and meant to say that the Federal Reserve was going to crash?

Da Furry Rodent
07-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Is this the same girl that has a night job at McDonalds??

Nope, she's prolly full-time there now...

nuts4gold
08-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Well here I am waiting for that crash but the reverse has happened. I do believe they are capable of selling billions in naked shorts and driving down the price but perhaps they have another strategy they will be using now...

tcg1022
06-21-2013, 10:14 AM
TWO years later this call seems to be one of the best!!!!