PDA

View Full Version : What is your prediction for Asia?

bottle collector
08-07-2011, 02:07 PM
I think the overseas equities markets will be confused and looking for direction from Wall Street. I think that PM's will be strong in overseas trading but really am not sure what will happen when Wall Street opens. If the major markets free fall again it will knock the wind out of the sails on PM's. What are your thoughts? I think we're in for a wild couple months.

TheShiny
08-07-2011, 02:16 PM
I think the overseas equities markets will be confused and looking for direction from Wall Street. I think that PM's will be strong in overseas trading but really am not sure what will happen when Wall Street opens. If the major markets free fall again it will knock the wind out of the sails on PM's. What are your thoughts? I think we're in for a wild couple months.

It's hard to say. I know the Saudi Arabian market went don't 5.5% AFTER the downgrade was announced. Not all of that is from the downgrade but it definately played a part in it.

I believe Asian markets will have a similar outcome.

How it will play on gold/silver is hard to say. I would think that gold/silver may get a boost over in Asia and London and then possibly take a dive here if our markets tank again from the downgrade.

Most experts think the downgrade is already baked into the price but I don't think it is completely and here's why:

Most individuals in the government and many brokers that I have listened too were actually shocked that it happened. Yes they have been threatening a downgrade for some time but most people didn't actually think they would do it.

I think that realization will play into the markets as well. JMO

TTrav
08-07-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm debating on buying today but I decided against it. I think we will see strong trading overseas but a bit of a plummet tied in with a stock drop tomorrow.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. For the sake of my 401k, I hope the drop is not too severe.

Heruur
08-07-2011, 02:22 PM
China dumps american bonds for any asset (stocks, futures contracts, physical PM's you name it) it can get... Something big is comming in november that is a game changer.

bottle collector
08-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm debating on buying today but I decided against it. I think we will see strong trading overseas but a bit of a plummet tied in with a stock drop tomorrow.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. For the sake of my 401k, I hope the drop is not too severe.

I hear you on the 401K. I'm avoiding logging onto mine. I know what I'll see but am trying not to think about it at the moment. I've seen it bleed many times but this is more like getting a limb severed.

blitzdude
08-07-2011, 02:30 PM
I predict Dow 4800 silver $22.09 and Gold $1375 once the dust settles. It's gonna be extremely painful but someday it will come back. Hopefully after the initial shock I will enjoy purchasing cheap PM's again. ;)

CashValueRecovery
08-07-2011, 02:31 PM
The tel Aviv market was closed early today when it dropped nearly 6% very quickly. What does that tell you?

TTrav
08-07-2011, 02:34 PM
I hear you on the 401K. I'm avoiding logging onto mine. I know what I'll see but am trying not to think about it at the moment. I've seen it bleed many times but this is more like getting a limb severed.
Yeah. I logged into mine when the Dow tanked a few days ago. That hurt. Luckily, I just started contributing about a year ago, so I didn't lose too much.

seascape195
08-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Asians are pretty smart about their investing, they may very well keep price pm's well supported as good buying opportunity, im looking to mid-end of day trading for this trading trend. This time of year they start into higher gold purchasing mode traditionally anyway.

blitzdude
08-07-2011, 02:35 PM
The tel Aviv market was closed early today when it dropped nearly 6% very quickly. What does that tell you?

Tells me that the Jews are panicing. Do they have a commodities market? If so how did it do? Maybe they sold their stocks to buy euros and dollars......Maybe they think the crusading americans will no longer be able to afford to protect them.

FelixWankel
08-07-2011, 02:44 PM
It's weird how there can be a battle of two worlds it seems, the asians push the metals up, then the US markets push the metals down, over and over.

funmax
08-07-2011, 03:44 PM
American must feel lucky that they can buy silver cheaper than in asia. :p

annie0926
08-07-2011, 03:57 PM
can up between $45.00 to $50.00 an ounce.