PDA

View Full Version : Silver looks like it just left the launch pad

Golder Arches
08-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Right after the Australian and New Zealand stock markets opened lower. Have a feeling the same will happen tomorrow when the U.S. stock market opens.

Rondiggity
08-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Right after the Australian and New Zealand markets opened lower. Have a feeling the same will happen tomorrow when the U.S. market opens.

Next stop...... da moon?

Ryanferr
08-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Next stop...... da moon?

Easy killer, still hasnt even gotten back to its levels from Thursday :D

SilverArrow
08-07-2011, 09:28 PM
This won't be too difficult now is it? :p

Rondiggity
08-07-2011, 09:33 PM

I know, I expect selloffs in the morning to have it come down a bit. I actually expect to see 34 before we see 45. Just a little commentary about the launch pad.

SilverMiner
08-07-2011, 09:34 PM
This won't be too difficult now is it? :p

Hey, let him put that TA to good use. Charting is a good way to know where the price was in the past compared to today, you can't deny that. Just like when it gets to $45 we can hear, well it's not back to where it was a few months ago. This is good info.

SilverMiner
08-07-2011, 09:34 PM
I know, I expect selloffs in the morning to have it come down a bit. I actually expect to see 34 before we see 45. Just a little commentary about the launch pad.

I accept your bet.

doobsta
08-07-2011, 09:36 PM
5$ moves uP...in less than 2 weeks....

;)

Ryanferr
08-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey, let him put that TA to good use. Charting is a good way to know where the price was in the past compared to today, you can't deny that. Just like when it gets to $45 we can hear, well it's not back to where it was a few months ago. This is good info.

True statement. April is a long way away.

Scorp
08-07-2011, 09:43 PM
I think I'll buy diesel instead of silver. Look at WTI crude falling like a rock.

SilverSlug
08-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I accept your bet.

I'll take that bet too, in fact, I'll raise him. ;)

GetZeeGold
08-07-2011, 09:45 PM
I think I'll buy diesel instead of silver.

I'm sure everyone on the diesel forum would love to hear that. :D

Golder Arches
08-07-2011, 09:50 PM

I was just telling my girlfriend the other day that it was time to start stacking 5 gallon jugs of diesel. Oh yea.

Scorp
08-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I was just telling my girlfriend the other day that it was time to start stacking 5 gallon jugs of diesel. Oh yea.

lol, I have a 1000 gallons tank and several 300 gallons tanks. I'll fill them all ready for the winter as soon as the price at the pump reflects that decrease in crude price and before the winter demand makes the prices go up again.

PMs will have to wait.

ifionlyhadsomegold
08-07-2011, 09:59 PM

didnt you know waste oil is better than silver because you can heat your house with it?

:cool:

CitiManager
08-07-2011, 10:02 PM
But it's gold making new highs.

theplantguy
08-07-2011, 10:09 PM
silver will be on the launch pad only when it's recovers from it's 25% down draft.

GetZeeGold
08-07-2011, 10:15 PM
silver will be on the launch pad only when it's recovers from it's 25% down draft.

I assume you mean...umm...it's current double-secret 25% down draft? :cool:

YouPrintIStack
08-07-2011, 10:18 PM

hahaha alas a voice of reason.
the silver forum is a gong show.

GetZeeGold
08-07-2011, 10:19 PM

In that case.......

GONG!!!!!!:D

CitiManager
08-07-2011, 10:22 PM

There's a diesel forum . . . ?

Feral child
08-07-2011, 10:22 PM
hahaha alas a voice of reason.

More like a Three Stooges slapfest :D I can't believe I'm saying this but we could use several voices of reason around here about now. Geez, fight when POS goes down, fight when it goes up :confused:

mrgneiss
08-07-2011, 10:23 PM

I would say going from $33 to $42 and change qualifies as a nice recovery.

mrgneiss
08-07-2011, 10:26 PM

It's good to know there are people on this forum who are looking out for us and can be always counted on to tamp down any enthusiasm about silver and ensure no more gullible fools get suckered into the going nowhere silver market.

YouPrintIStack
08-07-2011, 10:29 PM
More like a Three Stooges slapfest :D I can't believe I'm saying this but we could use several voices of reason around here about now. Geez, fight when POS goes down, fight when it goes up :confused:

I love when it goes either way!
I just wish there was less forums with NASA analogies and more forums with actual reasons for silvers price movement... that aren't justified with feces and fans

YouPrintIStack
08-07-2011, 10:30 PM
It's good to know there are people on this forum who are looking out for us and can be always counted on to tamp down any enthusiasm about silver and ensure no more gullible fools get suckered into the going nowhere silver market.

I wish there were more people like that when it was at 48 infact...

Ryanferr
08-07-2011, 10:31 PM

That was not the objective of my post at all. I have been publicly bullish of silver ever since it crossed the 100 DMA. I'm just keeping the move in perspective.

GetZeeGold
08-07-2011, 10:34 PM
That was not the objective of my post at all. I have been publicly bullish of silver ever since it crossed the 100 DMA.

OK....you do realize they'll have to kill you now. :D

GDAY2U
08-07-2011, 10:37 PM
That was not the objective of my post at all. I have been publicly bullish of silver ever since it crossed the 100 DMA. I'm just keeping the move in perspective.
About time, what took you so long to get bullish? Me, been bullish since 1998 :eek: Jim S. and me go way back :)

Feral child
08-07-2011, 10:41 PM
I love when it goes either way!
I just wish there was less forums with NASA analogies and more forums with actual reasons for silvers price movement... that aren't justified with feces and fans

I hear that, we definitely need a new analogy pool- this one hasn't been drained since I've been here :eek:

SilverMiner
08-07-2011, 10:47 PM

The only people who would have had priveleged information on a manipulated take down would be those doing the deed, and I bet they weren't talking. Im sure someone was yelling bubble at that point though, because they were saying it all the way from 20 on up. They were sure to get it right eventually, just like right now.

SilverBug
08-07-2011, 10:52 PM
At this stage I would say silver is coming on to the launch pad after a scrubbed launch. The launch will be in the $50 area into the never never land, the new frontier above $50. Until then is just regurgitation. Don't get me wrong. The march to the launching pad should be glorious.

PS I just got a suspension warning for getting personal. Apologies to any one I may have disagreed with recently. It nothing personal. In the words of the philosopher, Eminem "I got my mind on my money and my money on my mind".

Ryanferr
08-07-2011, 10:56 PM
About time, what took you so long to get bullish? Me, been bullish since 1998 :eek: Jim S. and me go way back :)

I've only been bearish once while being here. Not sure why that reputation has stuck. Guess a lot of people came out of the wood works after the crash and saw my posts. Oh well.

n the words of the philosopher, Eminem "I got my mind on my money and my money on my mind".

LOL!

YouPrintIStack
08-07-2011, 10:57 PM
The only people who would have had priveleged information on a manipulated take down would be those doing the deed, and I bet they weren't talking. Im sure someone was yelling bubble at that point though, because they were saying it all the way from 20 on up. They were sure to get it right eventually, just like right now.\

Or people that did TA. Like I said man, broaden your horizons. I know people that were selling from 43 to 48. Its called taking profit and its obviously was the correct decision no matter what you say you cant take that away from the people that added to their stack by 33%. Dont hate the player...

SilverMiner
08-07-2011, 11:08 PM
\

Or people that did TA. Like I said man, broaden your horizons. I know people that were selling from 43 to 48. Its called taking profit and its obviously was the correct decision no matter what you say you cant take that away from the people that added to their stack by 33%. Dont hate the player...

I know people who sold from 9 to 49, that doesn't mean anything. I dont begrudge anyone who takes their profit whenever they want to, it's their choice and their money. More power to them, I don't hate anyone for doing so. Many who sold at $20 regretted it and many never bought back any and didn't add anything to their stacks also. Dont hate those who ignored the sell signals at $22 and held on.

Ryanferr
08-07-2011, 11:11 PM
\

Just trust me when I say drop the whole TA vs fundamentals thing. Been there, done that, you wont get anywhere but get people pissed at you. Certain people chose to use both, certain people chose to use neither. Just gotta accept it and move on.

CitiManager
08-07-2011, 11:11 PM

Ha. . . That was funny. BTW, there were a few, but they were shouted down.

SilverMiner
08-07-2011, 11:15 PM
One of you TA gurus tell me what price to sell at BEFORE the next big smackdown. Your all genuises after the fact because you preach caution all the way up and are always saying now may be the right time to sell, indicators are mixed, etc. It's like a bad tarot reader.

Tell us NOW whay your TA says. What price do we go to? What price to sell at?

SteelandSilver
08-07-2011, 11:16 PM

Silver is going nowhere?

SilverMiner

As were the dozens before them from 22 on up. I guess we only got the good ones when $50 was nearing. :rolleyes:

YouPrintIStack

Exactly, I like listening to both sides I wish i wasnt so jaded.
Cant say they werent right. Wouldnt it be nice if the whole forum benefited in comparisson to go though heart ache because everyone that gives reasonable/plausible/considerable advice there shot down by moon rockets.

CitiManager
08-07-2011, 11:17 PM
One of you TA gurus tell me what price to sell at BEFORE the next big smackdown. Your all genuises after the fact because you preach caution all the way up and are always saying now may be the right time to sell, indicators are mixed, etc. It's like a bad tarot reader.

Not to be rude, but it's about doing your homework and making your own decisions. Some choose to trade price action, some fundamentals, some scenarios, others buy the rumor and sell the news. Different strokes. . . . Nothing to get hot about.

Scorp
08-07-2011, 11:20 PM

My TA says don't sell your stack until you need it to live and buy in the 35.75$CAD to 37.25$ CAD range. Sorry don't have a buy target for USD.

YouPrintIStack
08-07-2011, 11:21 PM
As were the dozens before them from 22 on up. I guess we only got the good ones when $50 was nearing. :rolleyes:

You wouldn't know cause you don't listen to TA gurus right. How do you know if they changed there bias at 43+. It seems like a lot of the people I was listening to were saying the same thing. Anyways, I'm done with this conversation. I dont care which way it goes. Im buying either way. I just think this forum loses water when it moonshoot one day then WTF manipulation the next.

SilverMiner
08-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Not to be rude, but it's about doing your homework and making your own decisions. Some choose to trade price action, some fundamentals, some scenarios, others buy the rumor and sell the news. Different strokes. . . . Nothing to get hot about.

Exactly. And everything I read and digest tells me silver is undervalued at anything less than $100. Those are what the fundamentals tell me and they don't change much. And yet there are those who just follow TA hookus pookus and you will profit. Maybe yes maybe no. Time it right and you will. Really it's more like just playing short term momentums, not any real reasons for the movements other than short term sentiment. Im just saying if it's such a great tool, tell us just before the next smackdown and let's see it play out.

YouPrintIStack
08-07-2011, 11:22 PM

Precisely. Knowledge is power.

CitiManager
08-07-2011, 11:23 PM
You wouldn't know cause you don't listen to TA gurus right. How do you know if they changed there bias at 43+. It seems like a lot of the people I was listening to were saying the same thing. Anyways, I'm done with this conversation. I dont care which way it goes. Im buying either way. I just think this forum loses water when it moonshoot one day then WTF manipulation the next.

+1 . . . . . . .

YouPrintIStack
08-07-2011, 11:24 PM
My TA says don't sell your stack until you need it to live and buy in the 35.75$CAD to 37.25$ CAD range. Sorry don't have a buy target for USD.

Exactly, Im not selling any physcical, and if i have to buy at 41+ so be it, we both know where this market is going. I just like adding to the stack for free when i have the opportunity.

SilverMiner
08-07-2011, 11:24 PM

I think you will find that the higher the price gets, the larger the chorus of singers singing about bubbles and overbought. That's just human nature. Eventually they will be right. Manipulation is a moot point, yes I think it's their but it's part of the game we play. Doesn't mean we have to like it, and we should certainly champion any cause to right the wrong.

YouPrintIStack
08-07-2011, 11:30 PM
I think you will find that the higher the price gets, the larger the chorus of singers singing about bubbles and overbought. That's just human nature. Eventually they will be right.

I found the higher the price got the more people screaming moonshoot 100$ by august. Which did nothing but over rule forums with rational and every one got burned.

Ryanferr
08-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Gold $ 1698.40. This could get interesting!!

seascape195
08-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Gold $ 1698.40. This could get interesting!!

still saying 1700 before midnight.. :)

SilverMiner
08-07-2011, 11:36 PM
I found the higher the price got the more people screaming moonshoot 100$ by august. Which did nothing but over rule forums with rational and every one got burned.

So you feel the correction from $49 to $33 was rational? Was this just panic selling or maybe triggered by the margin rate hikes three times in one week followed by shorting the worlds supply for a year in one night? Did TA indicate this event?

YouPrintIStack
08-07-2011, 11:40 PM
So you feel the correction from $49 to $33 was rational? Was this just panic selling or maybe triggered by the margin rate hikes three times in one week followed by shorting the worlds supply for a year in one night? Did TA indicate this event?

Why don't you look...
Oh wait

Ryanferr
08-07-2011, 11:40 PM
still saying 1700 before midnight.. :)

Same, friends on facebook told me I was nuts. I think I will be right....although I said "at some point tonight" :p

seascape195
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
boom!! 1700!!!

MauserMan
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
CNBC Asia just flashed a headline saying it hit 1701. They were interviewing a chinese official who said the country was looking to divest treasury holdings into good company's stocks and commodities. :rolleyes: Who'd a thunk it?

CitiManager
08-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Bloomberg TV reports XAU futures at 1700.50.

Spot breaks 1700!

SilverMiner
08-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Why don't you look...
Oh wait

I prefer chicken bones.

YouPrintIStack
08-07-2011, 11:59 PM
I prefer chicken bones.

I have a talking witch hat.

I wonder what would happen if we put the chicken bones in the hat.
Selected them, in the order, cooked them into jet fuel. And launched our silver rocket to the moon. And when our rocket didn't get there overnight, blame lillydale for chicken manipulation.

CitiManager
08-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Guys, guys . . . look over there! Gold just hit 1700! (You'll have to look at a chart (http://semmo.net/streaming-real-time-quotes-gold-spot-price-silver-spot-price.html), though, to see it.) ; )

DaleGribble
08-08-2011, 12:11 AM
The dollar is slowly creeping back up. Oil is way way down. I hate this when I'm getting to bed. I just don't think the rally is going to stick. It's been the case more often than not in the past couple months.

YouPrintIStack
08-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Guys, guys . . . look over there! Gold just hit 1700! (You'll have to look at a chart (http://semmo.net/streaming-real-time-quotes-gold-spot-price-silver-spot-price.html), though, to see it.) ; )

Woah woah. Way too much TA for me ;)
Honestly, congrats too all holding silver and gold.
20 years I'll be 40, I have plenty of buying at plenty of levels. I'm glad we've all established methods that have led to success and to this forum, although we may disagree from time to time we're all facing the same direction, and all like minded individuals. I appreciate what everyone has to say.

SilverMiner
08-08-2011, 12:20 AM
I think in the end we will all just be glad to have had some foresight into buying and holding PMs in any quantity.

YouPrintIStack
08-08-2011, 12:21 AM
I think in the end we will all just be glad to have had some foresight into buying and holding PMs in any quantity.

+1000 :)

Glynyrd
08-08-2011, 12:34 AM

:D
+ 1 Tr Oz .999

seascape195
08-08-2011, 12:46 AM

+100 ..

If Daffy Duck bought pm's, he would be saying: "I'm rich. I'm wealthy. Yahoo! I'm... comfortably well off." lol

YouPrintIStack
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Houston....

Need I say more...

GJG_Gold
08-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Houston....

Need I say more...

Houston....Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed.....or

Houston......we have a problem

YouPrintIStack
08-08-2011, 07:50 PM
A bit of both?
Silver gained good % but the 40+ moonshoot that everyone was expecting didnt happen. I'm happy it held up, I just wasnt running out to buy last night..

GJG_Gold
08-08-2011, 07:53 PM
agreed.....

i want to buy but can't get a gut feel for which direction it's going in the near term.....

YouPrintIStack
08-08-2011, 07:58 PM
agreed.....

i want to buy but can't get a gut feel for which direction it's going in the near term.....

If you don't know what to do, do nothing.
I still think gold is due for a short term correction, no matter how bullish the market looks. Silver will probably follow. Depending on GSR and price, il be buying both. I still think the last buying opportunity is upon us.

Everyone else, dont take this as bearish. I have bought silver as early as friday. I will continue to buy. But I am holding CAD to buy deeper on a plausible dip.

GJG_Gold
08-08-2011, 08:17 PM
tend to lean to your way of thinking.....for me....i don't take your thoughts as bearish.

i too believe the "cheap" buying opportunity is close at hand. "cheap" being relative to todays prices......

YouPrintIStack
08-08-2011, 08:22 PM
tend to lean to your way of thinking.....for me....i don't take your thoughts as bearish.

i too believe the "cheap" buying opportunity is close at hand. "cheap" being relative to todays prices......

Precisely, Ag is having a hard time closing above 40. Even in over night trading it sold off as the gold bull was hoofin dirt.

my numbers are 1580 & 36
Almost the same GSR as it is now... Right now that would look healthy on both charts, august low, then off to the races.
If no turns are indicated by august 20th. I'll be using the dry powder that was put away for a bigger dip to buy into momentum.

I hit 25% of the CAD on friday when it dipped under 38. The other 75% will be spent accordingly. I'm only twenty so im not to worried about the spread/DCA long term, but I'm itching to buy 50 libertads and a 1.20 50 peso gold coin, on my trip to mexico mid month. Perhaps the stars will align, if not im happy with to buy more grrzzzlies.

YouPrintIStack
08-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Yep...about that launch pad.
BTFD

GJG_Gold
08-08-2011, 09:28 PM
very mature thinkin fo 20! wish i had started at your age. at 50 I am playing the DCA game to some degree....trying to maximize gains to the extent i can. I missed the $33 low waiting for $32 LOL so now i am thinking/hoping for low $36 also...

Gold @ $1580....not sure about that one.....i don't see how the fundamentals change enough to drive it that low......fear is here for the foreseeable future imho......mid to low 1600.00 and i'll buy...........

GJG_Gold
08-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Yep...about that launch pad.
BTFD

yep.....36 getting closer LOL

YouPrintIStack
08-08-2011, 09:37 PM
yep.....36 getting closer LOL

Thanks you.
Silver really isn't looking that sexy right now.
Gold seems to be the only safe haven at this particular time, not to bad to take profit on either if you need the paper. From a technical analysis point of view gold is way overbought, and could whip back quick. In the markets where everything is red, people will take profits sometime. Hopefully we put in a low on the week of aug 14th as there are some key turn dates within that week.
Today was supposed to be one and we see how well that worked for gold, so you just never know. Anything could happen with gold, the GSR was due for a correction to the high 40's it hit 45 and that was it, maybe we will see 48
1720/36. I'd like to see both PM's make august lows, for a good seasonal run, im unsure about gold right now. Maybe 1640.

SilverMiner
08-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks you.
Silver really isn't looking that sexy right now.
Gold seems to be the only safe haven at this particular time, not to bad to take profit on either if you need the paper. From a technical analysis point of view gold is way overbought, and could whip back quick. In the markets where everything is red, people will take profits sometime. Hopefully we put in a low on the week of aug 14th as there are some key turn dates within that week.
Today was supposed to be one and we see how well that worked for gold, so you just never know. Anything could happen with gold, the GSR was due for a correction to the high 40's it hit 45 and that was it, maybe we will see 48
1720/36. I'd like to see both PM's make august lows, for a good seasonal run, im unsure about gold right now. Maybe 1640.

The correction that is due is 16 to 1.

YouPrintIStack
08-08-2011, 10:00 PM
I agree. Long term.
You really have a hard time differentiating between time framse dont you.
The launch pad must have been manipulated right SilverMiner