PDA

View Full Version : z...maybe $49/oz was 'THE TOP' in Silver

zostar
08-09-2011, 02:05 PM
something to ponder ...

maybe $49/oz was 'THE TOP' for Silver. And now it's just
a slow downhill ride.

It seems Gold had the 80s high of around $800/oz and
currently it is into the $1700's/oz. It doubled over.

By contrast Gold's sister Silver had the 80s high of about $50/oz,
and has yet not even held that or gone past it.

Maybe all the hype of Silver going to $60, $75, or $100 or 'TO THE MOON' is just a
bunch of hyped up lies. If it can't hold its 80s high makes you wonder.

This doesn't make much sense to me, logic would suggest that
we should be way past Silver's 80s high, doesn't it ??

maybe I am just gloomy Gus today. :(

tsimehcla
08-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Sell it all -now!
(sarcasm)

mikeman
08-09-2011, 02:15 PM

Yep,now cut it out. Go fondle some silver.:D

dacrunch
08-09-2011, 02:19 PM
bah... sitting on my silver...

one day, it'll be going for $4,300/oz... when (at a GSR of 15-1) gold will be @ $65k/oz...

:D

TheVision
08-09-2011, 02:25 PM
something to ponder ...

Gold still has awhile to go before it even reaches the 1980 high of $850 -- about $2200 in 2010 dollars.

HomerJ
08-09-2011, 02:31 PM
something to ponder ...

a slow downhill ride.

Welcome to my thoughts (https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=81844).

Johnnyzed
08-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Could have been one of the worst decisions not to swap to gold at the 33:1. I also believed the hype of 15:1 maybe 10:1 and waited.

It may happen one day, but not this time around. Probably be several years befor we come close to that ratio again.

Ryanferr
08-09-2011, 02:43 PM
something to ponder ...

a slow downhill ride.

By contrast Gold's sister Silver had the 80s high of about $50/oz,
and has yet not even held that or gone past it.

Maybe all the hype of Silver going to $60, $75, or $100 or 'TO THE MOON' is just a
bunch of hyped up lies. If it can't hold its 80s high makes you wonder.

This doesn't make much sense to me, logic would suggest that
we should be way past Silver's 80s high, doesn't it ??

haha, yeah.....

It is still early though. I posted in another thread that silver may continue to slide as people seek "risk off" plays, and as we know, silver is certainly NOT risk off. As gold continues to climb, eventually people will be willing to take the risk to "arbitrage" the two back in line at a more appropriate ratio. The risk-reward for silver just has to be more favorable.

zostar
08-09-2011, 03:10 PM
haha, yeah.....

It is still early though. I posted in another thread that silver may continue to slide as people seek "risk off" plays, and as we know, silver is certainly NOT risk off. As gold continues to climb, eventually people will be willing to take the risk to "arbitrage" the two back in line at a more appropriate ratio. The risk-reward for silver just has to be more favorable.

hope is good, but man this is gonna get real ugly, the
economy and all,

zostar
12-17-2011, 03:39 PM
whew ... no worries now at least JPM has got Silver, more added
Silver into their vault , thru the (mfGlo ??)

everyone can relax and have a great holiday.

Besides 49 of what ?? ; $49 what ?? , $49 what ?? 49 of what ??

49 somethings is no big deal.

Those somethings keep changing.

what happened
12-17-2011, 04:28 PM
something to ponder ...

a slow downhill ride. :(

PG has been accurate in stating this has been a down trend in silver.
None of us know if it will cointinue, or if this is near the bottom.

A lot depends on what portion of the wealth one is talking about.
The base levels of current living expenses, food & water, shelter, clothing, metals (Pb, Au, Ag) are applicable just in case times get really hard. The rest is allocated between few stocks, bank, income producing assets, physically backed PM funds, and physical (physical at least till that tragic boating accident happened).

Me thinks sometimes perspectives get lost in these discussions because of lack of clarity as to what portion of a persons investments is under discussion. The "all in, all out, sold some, bought some" discussions have different meanings when the subject is the 6 month emergency fund vs the other areas of investments / security.:eek:

IMHO, what has happened this last week does not bother me as the core risk issues are still in play. Still, it is interesting to note the NEGATIVE gold lease values reported on the Harvey Organ blog this week. That, to me, indicated possibility that there was more gold being dumped onto the market than the market could absorb in that time period.

Also, on the Zerohedge site, there are some very interesting graphs under the article of 12/17/2011 titled "Did the Fed Quietly Bail Out A Bank On Tuesday?"

And of course there is the Euro situation going on, wherein some folks may be shifting some assets towards Dollars and away from Europe debts / currency.

These issues could easily be related to the decreased dollar denominated value of gold / silver this week, but that is just my opinion. dyodd.

gene Daniel
12-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Could have been one of the worst decisions not to swap to gold at the 33:1. I also believed the hype of 15:1 maybe 10:1 and waited.

It may happen one day, but not this time around. Probably be several years befor we come close to that ratio again.

That's OK by me. I am only 48, so I have several years to sit on my silver. Besides, the longer we wait the higher the POS will actually when it does reach a ratio like 15:1 or even lower. So I can wait.

captainsilverton
12-17-2011, 04:56 PM
maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe..WTH?? WTF?? FTW!! IMO!! and i know jack $h!+, very well...

maybe not...
probably not...
certainly not....

gurus mark my post date.....12.17.11>>> captainsilverton

i will donate 5k of my silver to any good charity that helps any good cause, we can poll it when the date arrives if i am wrong... any real charity is fine with us... ($5k after Ag cashed for FRN's of course) of my silver donated to good need.

i pronounce here today that by, December 17 2015 silver will have surpassed and will stay above that $49 spike as we all call it...and not just one spike above 49, i will go as far as to say extended and above $49 POS...

that was not a hunt's bro deal that happened in April of 2011, para-sailing up to that number it was part unsettled markets, manipulation, truth and lies, and smoke and mirrors, as was the drop, as is the drop we will see in a lot of what we are used to bonds may be the best investment in 2012, but i too add Ag... as much as its suppressed, and constantly manipulated to some n'th degree still as we all know.....the obvious issues with EU, USA, stock markets, the banking house of cards we call the fed reserve, debt, and global insecurity and recession financially... many of you are much more knowledgeable than i in many ways of finances and investing and trading etc., can and will certainly disagree,and i invite it cause we live in a somewhat free society...that's right any dooms slayers of the shiny reflective beauty we call Ag...gee it must be my emotional connection to an inanimate object...ha ha

$5K..cold cash, well a nice check or transfer actually, it will be a deduction too, of course....since by dec 31st of each year i send out charitable monies in more value than $5k each year... i am fine with my wide ass mouth off here...i am in and i am here to stay, flame me, disbelieve me, disregard me,we don't care, we have made our pledge and our forecast and date, and my word has been golden since i have survived some messes of redemption in the military..

INCT

ps...so btw, take your crystal balls and buttocks them, take your charts and colorize them, take your down trends and trash them...but take my admitted decree as golden...

Silverstate2011
12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
And do you have a shread of proof this will happen ? Or are you guessing like the rest of them?

maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe..WTH?? WTF?? FTW!! IMO!! and i know jack $h!+, very well...

maybe not...
probably not...
certainly not....

gurus mark my post date.....12.17.11>>> captainsilverton

i will donate 5k of my silver to any good charity that helps any good cause, we can poll it when the date arrives if i am wrong... any real charity is fine with us... ($5k after Ag cashed for FRN's of course) of my silver donated to good need.

i pronounce here today that by, December 17 2015 silver will have surpassed and will stay above that $49 spike as we all call it...and not just one spike above 49, i will go as far as to say extended and above $49 POS...

that was not a hunt's bro deal that happened in April of 2011, para-sailing up to that number it was part unsettled markets, manipulation, truth and lies, and smoke and mirrors, as was the drop, as is the drop we will see in a lot of what we are used to bonds may be the best investment in 2012, but i too add Ag... as much as its suppressed, and constantly manipulated to some n'th degree still as we all know.....the obvious issues with EU, USA, stock markets, the banking house of cards we call the fed reserve, debt, and global insecurity and recession financially... many of you are much more knowledgeable than i in many ways of finances and investing and trading etc., can and will certainly disagree,and i invite it cause we live in a somewhat free society...that's right any dooms slayers of the shiny reflective beauty we call Ag...gee it must be my emotional connection to an inanimate object...ha ha

$5K..cold cash, well a nice check or transfer actually, it will be a deduction too, of course....since by dec 31st of each year i send out charitable monies in more value than $5k each year... i am fine with my wide ass mouth off here...i am in and i am here to stay, flame me, disbelieve me, disregard me,we don't care, we have made our pledge and our forecast and date, and my word has been golden since i have survived some messes of redemption in the military..

INCT

ps...so btw, take your crystal balls and buttocks them, take your charts and colorize them, take your down trends and trash them...but take my admitted decree as golden...

captainsilverton
12-17-2011, 06:18 PM
i have no proof, how would i have proof.?? show me proof.??? i'm basing my guess on what i believe and have taken from all i have read, heard, and self analyzed... and after thought over time, and no i can't even tell you how much time, but its been awhile, its a simple guess by all means... just a self educated, in my eyes, guess... i put it out there, its a darn guess, with emotion as one of the myriad of factors, small as it may weigh...i do after all stack silver... just a guess yes...

did this put me over the allowed posts in one day by chance??

INCT

captainsilverton
12-17-2011, 06:26 PM
quickly, may i add....we do have friends over however, and they are tempting me with what they perceive as truth...they live off the grid in VT, so what could they possibly have to prove about silver and it's relationship to spot?? so maybe they put me over the top, but i have been in general agreement with them on this for quite a few years..they live like hermits.. my God..

INCT