PDA

View Full Version : 2006 RCM 1/2 oz timberwolves

Silver Slueth
08-18-2011, 12:35 AM
I have searched high and low and cannot find a definate value on these (I have seen them $36-$49), but They are not a constant. Anyone on here care to enlighten me on these gems? I bought some awhile back, and my buddy wants to buy one off me, whats a far price?

jfrank2003
08-18-2011, 12:53 AM
take what a oz is going for subtract half.. add your premium...

oober
08-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Avg out the last months of you know where's completed listings.

Only 106,000 of these were made, so they are pretty rare for the bullion world.

robert31057
08-18-2011, 05:15 AM
I have searched high and low and cannot find a definate value on these (I have seen them $36-$49), but They are not a constant. Anyone on here care to enlighten me on these gems? I bought some awhile back, and my buddy wants to buy one off me, whats a far price?

big A asks $50 for them. i have a couple i bought for $40 ea. gville doesn't have a clue what they are. a fair price would be $45 for a buddy. do not sell for 1/2 of spot.

clawfull
08-18-2011, 05:43 AM
big A asks $50 for them. i have a couple i bought for $40 ea. gville doesn't have a clue what they are. a fair price would be $45 for a buddy. do not sell for 1/2 of spot.
i agree, they'd be lucky to buy them mint sealed for less than $45 with shipping even if POS pulls back again :)

theOUTLAW
08-18-2011, 05:57 AM
On eBay they've been selling right about that price range. I would think around 35-45 is fair. FWIW I actually value the half ounce wolf more or equal to a standard 1 ounce round.

amarellow
08-18-2011, 06:08 AM
the only half-ounces available round here are koalas
i detest the ugly visage on the reverse
would you consider half ounces helpfull for a future use as money, or is it more a specific collectors item?
thanks

theOUTLAW
08-18-2011, 06:24 AM
the only half-ounces available round here are koalas
i detest the ugly visage on the reverse
would you consider half ounces helpfull for a future use as money, or is it more a specific collectors item?
thanks

Always nice to have smaller bullion. But I wouldn't factor it in too much. Mainly the majority of the half ounce wolf IMO is collector value. 106k is quite low compared to stuff like kookaburras,lunars and pandas. And with the recent success of the Canada wildlife series wolf I assume the value will continue to rise and receive much interest from bullion/coin collectors.

amarellow
08-18-2011, 06:28 AM
thx, i was lucky to pick up 2or 3 of the 1 ouncers
the grizzly is on sale now
i'll put one or two in the basket. thanks for your reply

amarellow
08-19-2011, 11:45 AM
just a follow up, kinda like to close open statements
checked the wildlife wolf coins i have, they're 2011 coins
so must be completely different than what these guys were talkin' about.

Also, the online purchase of 8 ounces (10 koala halves and 3 grizzleys) was immediately sold at an instant loss of 97odd local fizzlebuns, the rest of the funds was given to charity.

Just couldn't get over that sluts face on the backside. Wich reminds me of gordon brown auctioning of britains gold to the lowest accepted bid...
i think it was 3ag:1au at that time.
fwiw.

Silverxxx
10-17-2011, 04:13 PM
just a follow up, kinda like to close open statements
checked the wildlife wolf coins i have, they're 2011 coins
so must be completely different than what these guys were talkin' about.

Also, the online purchase of 8 ounces (10 koala halves and 3 grizzleys) was immediately sold at an instant loss of 97odd local fizzlebuns, the rest of the funds was given to charity.

Just couldn't get over that sluts face on the backside. Wich reminds me of gordon brown auctioning of britains gold to the lowest accepted bid...
i think it was 3ag:1au at that time.
fwiw.

The ones they are talking about are the 2006 1/2 oz Wolves, they look exactly the same as the 2011 1 oz coins. They are much rarer in mintage then the 20111 1 oz coins.

robert31057
10-17-2011, 06:51 PM
so did he sell to his buddy?

silvertip
10-17-2011, 09:41 PM
have the set of five
picked it up at the scrap guys shop
think the whole set of five for $24
love the small denominations
very cool
if you like that kind of stuff
that stays in the coin collection

AgAuCaliente
10-18-2011, 10:16 AM
I have some of these, nice little coins. 1. The value for these is much higher than .5 spot. Anyone buying at that price is either trying to rip you off or knows you need money for beer FAST. 2. Generally I've seen them going for about 2X spot, sometimes higher if you have a sheet of them. That has risen from an original price around .6XSpot. Will it continue to rise? Perhaps. Lot of good things going for the coins.
If it's your friend, ask him what it's worth to him and if you really want to keep the friendship, leave money out of it and make a trade for either more ounces or a coin you want.
:D