PDA

View Full Version : QE on friday- to lower more POG ?

moshik3
08-25-2011, 01:50 AM
in the short time - i.e. monday-tuesday -
will the friday FED cause lower POG or the opposite ?

I'm hesitating if i should sell now. gold completed a 7% drop.
if it has 1 more percent to dip like people predicted 8%, i won't sell now of course.
but if we talking even 10% or 20%, i better do it ASAP.

what do you think about friday ?

DaRkNeSsIsRiSiNg
08-25-2011, 01:52 AM
you should be buying, not selling. everytime Benny talks, gold goes up. look what happened 2 weeks ago. he talked, and gold went up like crazy.

moshik3
08-25-2011, 02:40 AM
yeah ok, and i've read there probably wont be any QE now,
which means gold UP.
but the real question is if the correction ended or we have a further 10% drop ahead of us ?

bzzerk
08-25-2011, 03:31 AM
yeah ok, and i've read there probably wont be any QE now,
which means gold UP.
but the real question is if the correction ended or we have a further 10% drop ahead of us ?

If wish I knew the answer to those types of questions, cos I'd probably be sunning myself on a 60ft yatch off the Amalfi Coast somewhere instead of reading the Kitco forums.

I think the sensible thing to do would be buy small amounts on the way down if you have cash to invest. Bought 2oz today and will buy a couple more if it dips below $1650.

PeterC
08-25-2011, 04:51 AM
you should be buying, not selling. everytime Benny talks, gold goes up. look what happened 2 weeks ago. he talked, and gold went up like crazy.

i would not be so sure this time. looks to me instead that that was a 5 of V for gold and we are all gonna be in trouble if we dont sell soon.

anandk123
08-25-2011, 06:16 AM
Benny is going to talk. Margins are raised to lower gold price almost expected. So if price drop is desired it is for the reason that post talk prices are going to increase and starting from a lower point surely is better than going from 1900 to 2200..

Anyway this aint no LT top. ST 1680 seems to indicate a very nice entry point. If one is entering from LT perspective you have to consider also the fact are you willing to miss next 1000$ increase for the sake of 30-80$ perfection of entry from current 1710$..

I have my physical not for sell not 1900 not 1600 not 2000..

Additional LT buy going above the proper asset allocation % of gold in portfolio i am considering from 1680 if it happens if not I have my gold already..

johndaniels
08-25-2011, 09:34 AM
in the short time - i.e. monday-tuesday -
will the friday FED cause lower POG or the opposite ?

I'm hesitating if i should sell now. gold completed a 7% drop.
if it has 1 more percent to dip like people predicted 8%, i won't sell now of course.
but if we talking even 10% or 20%, i better do it ASAP.

what do you think about friday ?

QE wll bring up gold, by definition. Again, if you have to ask, sell.

moshik3
08-25-2011, 09:44 AM
I bought, at 1730 (paper)
thinking that the cancel (probably) of the expected QE tomorrow will disappoint the markets and re-launch POG up, ending the correction.

time will tell

Reddog63
08-25-2011, 10:14 AM
see, last 2 posts are typical....half the people say more QE will send gold up and the other half say down

cant be both ways

oh, did I mention that half say QE will send gold up and half say NO QE will send gold up

confused, repeating the same mantra different ways? yup...that is exactly what we have to go on, I guess we may know what is right after Jackson Hol huh?

JohnSovereign
08-25-2011, 02:49 PM
In theory Qe will pump up equities so you will likely see people move to equities with a solid QE announcement. SHORT run, this will hurt gold until people realize the inflationary impact and then gold will follow equities up like it has in the past. Of course, this all assumes rationality on the part of the investing public which is always a scary assumption to make.