PDA

View Full Version : Kilo dragon lunars vs 10/5/2 oz dragon lunars?

micah323
09-01-2011, 03:38 PM
GVille just reopened orders for both of these coins as well as 2oz and 5oz.

I am trying to decide what is the best option for purchase looking at premiums, ease of selling if needed, and potential profits.

Whats your guys opinion? Would three 10oz coins be a better long term buy than 1 kilo? The premium on kilo and 10oz are only about a buck off of each other ($3.05 & $4.80)...then the premium on both the 5oz and 2oz are $9

I love big coins and already have a kilo Kook....I just dont want to get a stack of stuff that is a bad investment or difficult to liquidate.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Carssman1
09-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Might be a biased opinion as I purchased them myself, but the 2 oz's should provide the best liquidity and ROI..

Just my opinion of course.

Good luck

II DALTON II
09-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I am so tempted to buy a few of these. Might have to break my "no buy until 2012" rule and pick up a 10 ounce and 5 ounce. Maybe a 10 ounce 2012 Kook too? Damn Perth Mint making sexy coins...

Suppose it won't really affect my DCA to buy some.

treasurehunt
09-01-2011, 04:56 PM
This might be a better thread for the numismatic forum. Now I'm tempted to pick up a few. Why did you have to share this information!? :D ;)

micah323
09-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I asked here because more responses, but mainly cause I am a stacker and not a numi guy,....so I wanted other stackers opinions who are buying these coins.

People on the bay are listing the 2 and 5 oz coins for ridiculous amounts.

ibex66
09-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I asked here because more responses, but mainly cause I am a stacker and not a numi guy,....so I wanted other stackers opinions who are buying these coins.

People on the bay are listing the 2 and 5 oz coins for ridiculous amounts.

They are ? I don't see that many and perthbullion is only one selling these and he's priced right at the online retail prices. There is no rush to go after these non 1 ozers at the moment unless you collect them or think silver is going to skyrocket soon.

FelixWankel
09-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Has anyone seen the one ouncers for sale yet? I've been looking but haven't seen any for sale other than on the Perth mint website.

I ordered some 5ozers today for $225 usd a piece with free shipping if you spend $500. That was only about $3.25 an ounce over spot at the time. They were cheaper than gainsville, plus free shipping.

James007
09-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Has anyone seen the one ouncers for sale yet? I've been looking but haven't seen any for sale other than on the Perth mint website.

I ordered some 5ozers today for $225 usd a piece with free shipping if you spend $500. That was only about $3.25 an ounce over spot at the time. They were cheaper than gainsville, plus free shipping.

Can you tell us where you got it from?
thanks!
james

FelixWankel
09-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Can you tell us where you got it from?
thanks!
james

PM'd the info :D .