PDA

View Full Version : Is silver screwed?

HAYSEED56
09-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Gold at a record high, silver cant seem to get off the launch pad,whats the deal?

ToDaMoonBuffoon
09-06-2011, 08:36 PM
gold is viewed as a store of wealth, and silver more as an industrial metal, as well as a smaller market so it can get knocked down easier than gold.

Metal Hoarder
09-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Aside from that brief blip up to $50 and back down to the low $30s, the uptrend is pretty smooth for more than 2 years. It's certainly making me more wealthy in FRN terms.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5062/sharpchartv05servletdri.png

coindog
09-06-2011, 08:44 PM
I bought some @$40 2 weeks ago and @$34.50 2 months ago (july 4th). looks good to me.

Feral child
09-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Gold at a record high, silver cant seem to get off the launch pad,whats the deal?

If you only knew how many times I've seen this thread starter in the last three years....

:D

Ember
09-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Only one thing to do to help push the prices... buy more physical! Or sell to help those of us who want to purchase more ;)

HAYSEED56
09-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the info,yes it seems gold is a more popular store of wealth,if the economy gets better and they are using more indutrial silver, will silver go up or down,seems like its between a rock and a hard place,economy gets better and it goes down:confused: ,can silver ever stay at a high price?

ToDaMoonBuffoon
09-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the info,yes it seems gold is a more popular store of wealth,if the economy gets better and they are using more indutrial silver, will silver go up or down,seems like its between a rock and a hard place,economy gets better and it goes down:confused: ,can silver ever stay at a high price?

The argument for it going up in value is that it is underpriced and will eventually settle at a higher number as it historically follows gold so it has to catch up to meet the traditional GSR. Also for SHTF believers as well who are banking that it will be used for transactions in the future after the collapse of our economy. I prefer the former of the two scenarios, even if it means silver only topping out at 75 an oz, i'll take that over 200oz silver and mad max stuff going down. I'm talking short term 1-3 years btw.

Traveller11
09-06-2011, 09:04 PM
... silver cant seem to get off the launch pad,whats the deal?

What planet are you on?

A picture tells 1000 words:

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user12162/imageroot/2011/09/inflation.png

HAYSEED56
09-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I'am from earth are you?,Silver crashed and was dirt cheap for a long time ,its doing better right now,big deal,charts mean nothing ,it should be a lot higher,will it keep up with inflation?Hope so I have a nice stack;)

Long Term Investor
09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Seeing that chart makes me want to sell all my silver and buy something else. I'm holding on though and still buying as I can't see any other outcome than some degree of SHTF. If I didn't believe in SHTF, I wouldn't be buying silver or gold - they seem to have made their run (especially gold).

AgAuCaliente
09-06-2011, 10:07 PM
If you only knew how many times I've seen this thread starter in the last three years....

:D

6 times? 7? I'm very curious.
:eek:

Angmar
09-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Silver is as silver does.

Feral child
09-06-2011, 10:23 PM
6 times? 7? I'm very curious.
:eek:

If he only knew how many times I've seen this thread starter then he could tell me! Seriously though, it's a recurring phrase around here and has been since silver topped in '08.

Silverstate2011
09-06-2011, 10:48 PM
feral i know you have been here since the stone age . Is there ever a time when pople stop with the should i buy, should i sell, is this a good buy , silvers crashing threads? Its starting to seem like the same ten threads over and over. maybe you can use your crystal ball .:)

SoWhatImInsane
09-06-2011, 10:51 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9813198.jpg

plata'y'oro
09-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Misc-er? And a GOLD-BUG?
COME AT ME BRO...

;) :):p

mrgneiss
09-08-2011, 09:33 AM

It's called consolidation before a breakout or breakdown, and all signs are pointing to a breakout. Breakdowns never happen at this low level of OI, a little sell-off sure, but not breakdowns.

blacksteel
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Mirin my stack?.....u mad Brah?

srvegas
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Is Silver screwed ??

I don't know ?

But I stayed at a Holliday Inn Exprees last night...

Taxed2Death
09-08-2011, 10:25 AM
GSR is starting to look good again. I'm liking that line! It 's going in the same direction as the 10 year line too...

Stay the course. Gold is BOUNCY BOUNCY right now, because no-one knows the final number of USDs that will be in play, and silver is hanging out near it's true fabrication cost, because only broke hillbillies want it, while all the bankers are scrambling for gold.

Once gold settles down (which will only happen once the final number of USDs printed is figured out), global inflation will kick in, and the price of everything will go up 10% to 50%.

But by that time, GSR will be 30.

So sayeth my crystal ball... ;)

KILOFINAL
09-08-2011, 10:50 AM

good....good.....let it stay that was as I continue to accumulate.......

Lorian
09-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm an average joe and I swapped my bank account for:
- 5 Kennedy half dollars 1964 12.5 gram 0.900
- 4 Finnish 10 Markkaa 23.75 gram 0.900
- 268 French/Belgian/Italian 5 Franc/Frank/Lire 18xx 25 gram 0.900
- 17 French 10 Franc 197x 30 gram 0.900
- 72 ounces various weights 0.833 local coins
- a set Lunars 2011 1/2 1 2 5 10 ounces, 15 kilocoins, 1 10kilocoin
- 525 maple leafs
- 2500 eagles
- 5000 philharmonikers
- 0 ounces gold

Gold is mostly bought by the parasite class including the banks, their only interest in gold is a stock to screw its price when it suits their fiatmoney based theft. If their thing blows up, they might have to pay shoes with a gold coin and get a dime in return, haha.

GreaterFool
09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Silver is just too heavy to own any significant quantity in. All the ill-gotten money from the new Chinese millionaire/billionaire class is being washed into desirable real estate or gold if no paper trail is desired. A few thousand kilograms of silver is just not a practical way to store a few million dollars on the down lo.

theplantguy
09-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Silver is just too heavy to own any significant quantity in. All the ill-gotten money from the new Chinese millionaire/billionaire class is being washed into desirable real estate or gold if no paper trail is desired. A few thousand kilograms of silver is just not a practical way to store a few million dollars on the down lo.

+100................

Lorian
09-08-2011, 11:40 AM
+100................
Yes, do price +100 and the market solution to the problem just came closer.

coyotepm
09-08-2011, 12:37 PM
I remember these same posts in the Gold Forum when silver made its run to 50... Silver is off the launchpad but Gold is stagnant..... I think its all good-- well, better than FRN's until the fundamentals change...

Lorian
09-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I remember these same posts in the Gold Forum when silver made its run to 50... Silver is off the launchpad but Gold is stagnant..... I think its all good-- well, better than FRN's until the fundamentals change...
Yes, one should be cautious about buying at a higher price as long as that price is determined by a paper market, where money for nothing / easy profit is goal #1 and all it needs is their profit grab to bring it back to their buy back in price (and in meantime spread some 'advice' to make newbies concern and preferrably panic).
Buy based on what happens in strongly related markets in the economy, not on a silver spot price trend. The central planners life line - a hidden tax, is the creation of new fiatmoney not undone by intrest rate. Their horror scenario is masses average joes stockpiling silver instead of their bank accounts. Because those average joes are exactly the ones they depend on. A thief without a victim starves.
The metal gold is as useful as the metal silver, its only drawback is the large stockpiles in the hands of the enemies of gold: those same central planners. It doesn't make sense to try to escape their theft by going into another market they rule along large stockpiles. They try to make people believe) that the silver price trend is linked to the gold one. It isn't any technical link. It's just a belief. Stop believing it and its gone. Last months one saw several examples, not only between the metals but also relative to the dollar index.
And surely, some don't like that. The central planners have a club behind them. The parasite class. Those like to flood with silver is screwed silver isn't money etc etc. We all know that the spam we receive in our email boxes is bogus. This is not different.

theplantguy
09-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Yes, one should be cautious about buying at a higher price as long as that price is determined by a paper market, where money for nothing / easy profit is goal #1 and all it needs is their profit grab to bring it back to their buy back in price (and in meantime spread some 'advice' to make newbies concern and preferrably panic).
Buy based on what happens in strongly related markets in the economy, not on a silver spot price trend. The central planners life line - a hidden tax, is the creation of new fiatmoney not undone by intrest rate. Their horror scenario is masses average joes stockpiling silver instead of their bank accounts. Because those average joes are exactly the ones they depend on. A thief without a victim starves.
The metal gold is as useful as the metal silver, its only drawback is the large stockpiles in the hands of the enemies of gold: those same central planners. It doesn't make sense to try to escape their theft by going into another market they rule along large stockpiles. They try to make people believe) that the silver price trend is linked to the gold one. It isn't any technical link. It's just a belief. Stop believing it and its gone. Last months one saw several examples, not only between the metals but also relative to the dollar index.
And surely, some don't like that. The central planners have a club behind them. The parasite class. Those like to flood with silver is screwed silver isn't money etc etc. We all know that the spam we receive in our email boxes is bogus. This is not different.

I seem to be getting from your post that there is something wrong with easy profit. Am I missing something? Or should hard profit be what we are striving for?

bettyblue
09-08-2011, 01:28 PM
. . ." and silver is hanging out near it's true fabrication cost, because only broke hillbillies want it . . ."

I think I resemble that remark :eek:. We have relocated to a town that celebrates "Hillbilly Days", where some people actually move their old sofa or barcalounger to their porch and local shops sell corn-cob pipes! I don't know if the locals are buying silver, but if shtf, most have large gardens, chickens and plenty of lead!

theplantguy
09-08-2011, 01:31 PM
I think I resemble that remark :eek:. We have relocated to a town that celebrates "Hillbilly Days", where some people actually move their old sofa or barcalounger to their porch and local shops sell corn-cob pipes! I don't know if the locals are buying silver, but if shtf, most have large gardens, chickens and plenty of lead!

Heck........My Barcolounger stays on the porch 'til the first snow.........it even has a shotgun rack on it. There is even a welcome sign on the old washing machine sittin' in the front yard "Friends welcome anytime........Relatives by appointment only"

Johnnyzed
09-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I really don't understand the animosity towards TPG. He says he is a stacker and uses his trading knowledge to gain FRNs to purchase PMs and other hard assests.

He has stated he believes that PMs are manipulated, but uses that knowledge to his advantage to stack more PMs. His only real complaint with people crying "Manipulation" is, "why don't you take advantage of it".

He just happens to be a trader who stacks physical, where most of the rest of us are everyday joes who stack physical PMs.

silverone
09-08-2011, 01:51 PM
A trap?.............that's rich..........LOL

over 8,000 posts.. Whew! :eek: :D ;)

SilverSal
09-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Sounds like you've found a good place to be. What state are you living in?

Someone got up under the wrong side of the bridge today. Ya recon'

precmetal
09-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Someone got up under the wrong side of the bridge today. Ya recon'

Why do you say that? :confused:

Feral child
09-08-2011, 02:02 PM
over 8,000 posts.. Whew! :eek: :D ;)

Yeah, I know, pikers- what can you do? :D

Opticman
09-08-2011, 02:06 PM

FC you are so funny...you missed your calling

Atlas Shrugged
09-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Too many newbies lately. :cool: It can get tiring; it is harder and harder to wade through the nonsense.

JMHO, DYODD, Think for yourself, My Opinion, Don't take my advice

halfhunter
09-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Is silver screwed?

I guess if one wanted to drill & tap it, . . . it could be ! ! ! ;)

HH

Killver
09-08-2011, 04:17 PM

Simple- the powers that be want the dollar as world's reserve currency and it will drop at THEIR rate, not the market's- so they fix the market. COMEX silver is a small fraction of the world's physical market but 'they' are able to rig prices- usually dumping Ag and even Au when they need lower prices: the physical metals often change little or none, it's all paper deals until the market is forced down.

Prices rebound very quickly, but they will keep on doing this as long as they can. No regulators care, no penalties or jail for anyone- so why not? JPMorgan's short position is still out there too... lots of reasons to corrupt PM prices since short sellers (even naked shorts, against the law) can make money with no real investment or metal to risk. It's insane, but that's how it works these days.

wrestlingbulls
09-08-2011, 04:22 PM
If he only knew how many times I've seen this thread starter then he could tell me! Seriously though, it's a recurring phrase around here and has been since silver topped in '08.

Agreed FC! To many newbies coming here are whining way to much.

Lorian
09-10-2011, 02:34 AM
I seem to be getting from your post that there is something wrong with easy profit. Am I missing something? Or should hard profit be what we are striving for?
You might have missed what a trade is.

Thx1138
09-10-2011, 04:30 AM
The question used to be: "Why is silver bouncing up and down like a yo-yo? What happened in the economy or in the markets to account for this spike/trough?"

Nowadays it's:"Why is silver just sitting there, is the party over?" :eek:

Thx :o