PDA

View Full Version : Rocking Downward

SilverFinger
09-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Meant to say "Rocketing Downward" ....Obama's speech?...was it that good enough to affect the markets ..this morning and today?

09-09-2011, 07:42 AM
for the time, it just gives another opportunity to buy.

Daylight Fading
09-09-2011, 07:47 AM
It seems odd that it could have caused it to drop like this. I was watching price drop slowly on world markets before speech but i wake up and it's way down! We all know it will be all the same gridlock in DC. left and right will never come together on any bill even if it is in the countrys best intrests.

09-09-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm thinking it might be up by the end of the day.

MC Hammer
09-09-2011, 07:53 AM
First they took Swiss Frank out of equation.

Now its turn for gold and silver.

Stock Market is already a failure.

2008 is all over the place again,

First they are creating deflation, then inflation will follow the suit.

Housing values are going to drop even lower..

SilverSlug
09-09-2011, 07:54 AM
"PASS THIS BILL" translated = "BUY PMs like theres no tomorrow" x the amount of times he said it.

And that is what I am going to do today.

MC Hammer
09-09-2011, 07:56 AM
They might even start yet another fake reasoned war, in order to distract and unite the public against the so called "enemy".

This way common men will think, only the nice government men in DC can protect them from all the evil doers of the world.

Thats basically what they have been doing for the last century.

KILOFINAL
09-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Let the price drop....let it freefall.......I'm buying more today

StockStudent
09-09-2011, 10:54 AM
breakout channel getting tight--between 41.40 and 42.75. Will either break up or break down....

Jess Douitt
09-09-2011, 11:09 AM
They might even start yet another fake reasoned war, in order to distract and unite the public against the so called "enemy".

This way common men will think, only the nice government men in DC can protect them from all the evil doers of the world.

That's already been attempted...Libya. Obama attacked our own ally. See: "Rice to Welcome Qaddafi to War on Terror as Ties Grow" http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aAuYbnLj.bUM&refer=africa.

The ruse didn't work. The vast majority of Americans were and are against it, according to the polls that I've seen. See "Rasmussen Poll: Only 20% Support Libya Military Action" http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rasmussen-poll-libya-action/2011/08/17/id/407687

Americans are waking up and starting to see through the regime's ruses, hopefully including the one presented last night. I think that even Wall Street saw through it, judging by the 200 point drop on the DOW this morning.

SterlingSilver
09-09-2011, 11:18 AM
I just picked up 15 oz. when the price was off about $1.00.

jfrank2003
09-09-2011, 11:30 AM
First they took Swiss Frank out of equation.

Now its turn for gold and silver.

Stock Market is already a failure.

2008 is all over the place again,

First they are creating deflation, then inflation will follow the suit.

Housing values are going to drop even lower..

let them drop! looking at buying a place out in the country next year :)

Amer786
09-09-2011, 11:36 AM
breakout channel getting tight--between 41.40 and 42.75. Will either break up or break down....

Pretty insightful, but can't that be said for any investment? It will go up or down. Perhaps if a probablility was attached to the break up or breakdown then the chart and statement would be more useful.

It is interesting when people post charts like this accompanied by the revealing statement it can break up or down. They are just as comical as the Sunday evening comments of "The Asian markets are going to open soon, we will either go up or down...can't wait".

Jess Douitt
09-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Pretty insightful, but can't that be said for any investment? It will go up or down. Perhaps if a probablility was attached to the break up or breakdown then the chart and statement would be more useful.

It is interesting when people post charts like this accompanied by the revealing statement it can break up or down. They are just as comical as the Sunday evening comments of "The Asian markets are going to open soon, we will either go up or down...can't wait".

50% chance of rain. :D

StockStudent
09-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Well, I make no claims on predicting the future, just trying to give hope. I HOPE that the future silver chart looks similar to this one.

Amer786
09-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by StockStudent

Based on your original post you did not really give any HOPE. Giving HOPE implies that you have a position you are hoping for. You provided no position, unless your position was it will break up or down, therefore you HOPE it will break up or down...way to pick a side !!

Again, I do not understand people who just post for the sake of posting. Why not post something that educates people or provides insight into something they they did not previously know. These lame questions about wondering if it will go up or down, or what one HOPES silver will do do not really add anything to the discussion.

The fact of the matter is silver is a item like anything else. Over time things increase in price (milk, bread, gasoline etc). The same thing hold true for silver. The long term trend for silver is up. It just depends on your entry point as to how much profit you are making. People who freak out about daily swings in silver are obviously new to silver. I too am new but my investment horizon is 10-15 when my kids are about college age. It really doesnt matter to me what the danr thing does daily

END OF RANT.

rsiros
09-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by StockStudent

Based on your original post you did not really give any HOPE. Giving HOPE implies that you have a position you are hoping for. You provided no position, unless your position was it will break up or down, therefore you HOPE it will break up or down...way to pick a side !!

Again, I do not understand people who just post for the sake of posting. Why not post something that educates people or provides insight into something they they did not previously know. These lame questions about wondering if it will go up or down, or what one HOPES silver will do do not really add anything to the discussion.

The fact of the matter is silver is a item like anything else. Over time things increase in price (milk, bread, gasoline etc). The same thing hold true for silver. The long term trend for silver is up. It just depends on your entry point as to how much profit you are making. People who freak out about daily swings in silver are obviously new to silver. I too am new but my investment horizon is 10-15 when my kids are about college age. It really doesnt matter to me what the danr thing does daily

END OF RANT.

People post for their own reasons. If you don't like their post, why bother responding? To "correct" someone? Or are you just bullying? Perhaps you should save your energy for something more in line with your interests and "intellect". Not hate'in jusy say'in.

precession
09-09-2011, 05:01 PM
I dont know, not terribly impressed with the Presidential speech.
Good for silver to hold around 41.50$ for locked in buying ops over
the weekend. Europe is still in shambles, maybe worse off.

silver_skeptic
09-09-2011, 05:27 PM
I dont know, not terribly impressed with the Presidential speech.
Good for silver to hold around 41.50$ for locked in buying ops over
the weekend. Europe is still in shambles, maybe worse off.

Obama's "jobs" plan will never get approved. The only "hope" I have is for a "change" in president. Until that turd is out of the whitehouse, I have no hope for our country.

rockets
09-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Obama's "jobs" plan will never get approved. The only "hope" I have is for a "change" in president. Until that turd is out of the whitehouse, I have no hope for our country.
There is no hope as long as the republicans keep voting against the President,even if it hurts our country.The American people realise this and will re-elect Obama.

precession
09-09-2011, 06:03 PM

There is no hope as long as the republicans keep voting against the President,even if it hurts our country.The American people realise this and will re-elect Obama.

Help me Obi-$ben$ Kenobi you're my only hope.