PDA

View Full Version : finally got my mom to add to her position today

97guns
09-22-2011, 08:10 PM
i mentioned to her again today when i went over for lunch that she should add and that today was a great day to do so, she finally bit. i'd been planting small seeds every now and then, and was estatic to see her eager this time. i added 100oz. of glacier ATB's for her to go along with her 100 phil's and 6 ten oz bars.

i told myself i would not order from apmex again but this was the cheapest gov't i could find and they only charge $10 to ship now, it was a no brainer.

i also added for myself 2 rolls of the north korean 10 won coins, cant wait to get those.

Jamesbong
09-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Trying to catch a falling knife is a bad deal. Hope for the best.

Silverstate2011
09-22-2011, 09:11 PM
So buying on dips are a bad thing. :rolleyes: no guts no glory .

StephenHawkinsVoiceBox
09-22-2011, 09:12 PM
The title of your post brings out the natural comedian in me but I will resist the temptation to share with you the punchline of the joke that I have just thought of!

Chrisadamley
09-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Trying to catch a falling knife is a bad deal. Hope for the best.

Says the guy that misses every dips and buys the highs! Lol!

treasurehunt
09-22-2011, 10:44 PM
So when you say add to her position do you mean she already owns physical? If so, what has been holding her back?

97guns
09-22-2011, 10:44 PM
for me its not about catching a "falling knife" or making an investment for that matter. its all about FRN conversion and wealth preservation for me and my family. im not in this to make a quick buck, im looking to preserve some real wealth.

cdnmetalmetalhead
09-22-2011, 10:56 PM
i mentioned to her again today when i went over for lunch that she should add and that today was a great day to do so, she finally bit. i'd been planting small seeds every now and then, and was estatic to see her eager this time. i added 100oz. of glacier ATB's for her to go along with her 100 phil's and 6 ten oz bars.

i told myself i would not order from apmex again but this was the cheapest gov't i could find and they only charge $10 to ship now, it was a no brainer.

i also added for myself 2 rolls of the north korean 10 won coins, cant wait to get those.

Nice!

I've been eyeing those North korean coins. You know, Just incase I decide to visit ol Kim Jong Il! :p

Mike Hunt
09-22-2011, 11:04 PM
You should listen to her more often97, women are pretty good at knowing when something is really on sale. :D

Off topic a little but this reminds me of another phrase.

"A man will chase a woman untill she catches him"

Got two chicks and three glacier in mail today but haven't opened yet.

congrats :)

Jamesbong
09-23-2011, 06:14 AM
for me its not about catching a "falling knife" or making an investment for that matter. its all about FRN conversion and wealth preservation for me and my family. im not in this to make a quick buck, im looking to preserve some real wealth.

Call it what you will the bottom line is during landslides like this wait until a couple up days first, you can usually buy a hell of a lot more silver. More silver=more wealth preservation.

Jamesbong
09-23-2011, 06:17 AM
So buying on dips are a bad thing. :rolleyes: no guts no glory .

This is more than a run of the mill dip.

Cookie
09-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Looks like ur mum added the position too early :D

Double3
09-23-2011, 06:47 AM
They only charge $10 to ship?

Since when? I don't see that on the site.

torpedoman
09-23-2011, 09:04 PM

Well it is now official you will never hear the end of this.

97guns
09-23-2011, 09:22 PM
i told her its $31 and that i could have saved her $300, she took it pretty well. its not like she's survivng on a social security check. our money comes easy, we don't cry when it goes easy.

im looking to add another 40 or so oz myself over the weekend.

KILOFINAL
09-23-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't bother trying to play the dips......I just buy every two weeks