PDA

View Full Version : i see silver rapidly selling

97guns
09-25-2011, 10:43 AM
i ordered some north korean wons from apmex on thursday and they had 788 in stock at the time, i placed another order on saturday and they were down to 72 in stock. i just looked at it agian and they are out now. granted its just 1 item from 1 source but they have vanished.

blitzdude
09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
i ordered some north korean wons from apmex on thursday and they had 788 in stock at the time, i placed another order on saturday and they were down to 72 in stock. i just looked at it agian and they are out now. granted its just 1 item from 1 source but they have vanished.

Yeah not sure if thats from people buying or them just pulling stuff due to the price tanking. G'ville had 900 Libertads available around lunch on friday then 5 minutes later they showed out of stock. I bet once the price stabilizes they will suddenly have 900 available again. They also had rolls of 25 maples for $856 after the market close (still way too high a premium for me) then an hour later without silver even trading they were $876. I used to love G'ville but looks like they have joined in with the big A on the great price gouge of 2011.

Kaching
09-25-2011, 11:44 AM

I hear you. All kitco has left in 1oz'rs (Sunday A.M.) for Canadian customers are Koala's. I have no idea how many they have left though.

KILOFINAL
09-25-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't know......my dealer sold 5,000 ounces on friday. The dealer I have done business with doesn't play games like that

meatball
09-25-2011, 01:43 PM
KWN - Sept 23, 2011 - "Sprott Money Temporarily Runs Out of Physical Silver" -

"Larisa Sprott continues:

'We have completely run out of physical silver, so we are temporarily out of stock. You have to remember, Eric, that like Dubai, we only sell product that is on our shelves, that we have in stock. We do expect a shipment later today, which will allow us to restock and give us more product to sell.

Our clients are very savvy, sophisticated and when a price drop of this magnitude occurs, they step in and buy very aggressively. Right now there is dramatically increased volume and what we are seeing is buying across all spectrums in terms of the size of the orders.

To clarify, we may have some client buying a single tube of silver maples, while at the same time, another client is buying $5 million of 100 ounce silver bars or gold maple leafs. The bottom line here is the drawdown in price is creating a tremendous amount of demand. ...

- http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2011/9/23_Sprott_Money_Temporarily_Runs_Out_of_Physical_S ilver.html

Carpenter
09-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah not sure if thats from people buying or them just pulling stuff due to the price tanking. G'ville had 900 Libertads available around lunch on friday then 5 minutes later they showed out of stock. I bet once the price stabilizes they will suddenly have 900 available again. They also had rolls of 25 maples for $856 after the market close (still way too high a premium for me) then an hour later without silver even trading they were $876. I used to love G'ville but looks like they have joined in with the big A on the great price gouge of 2011.

Interesting.
Could it be they raised their price in the face of demand?

fraxinus
09-25-2011, 02:15 PM

Why would dealers, LCSs, or individuals, set silver prices according to a fake paper market that doesn't routinely deliver physical silver? It's not as if there's no alternative pricing system: physical supply and demand works just fine, and it bypasses the lie, cheat and steal under-class. :p

SilverBill
09-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Why would dealers, LCSs, or individuals, set silver prices according to a fake paper market that doesn't routinely deliver physical silver? It's not as if there's no alternative pricing system: physical supply and demand works just fine, and it bypasses the lie, cheat and steal under-class. :p

Correct. A seller has every right to decide not to sell for any reason- it's his stuff. But it's fun to claim otherwise.

blitzdude
09-25-2011, 02:55 PM

well I didn't see them lowering physical prices when nobody was wanting to buy at $43-$45 and spot was $43.......

galtbob
09-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Everybody keeps saying physcial and paper markets will disconnect. Then there is a lot of bitching when it happens.

broke1
09-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Plenty of generic available with low premium. I wonder if this has to do with the dealer distribution channel. For instance G-ville and the Libertad. I noticed that as well. That is how many they have(900), in their posession ready to ship, they already locked in a price on them in the not to distant past. The buffalo rounds however, take 7-10 days, prolly drop shipped, or ordered at time of sale, bought(by dealers) for spot or less most likely. I went with buffaloes from Provident.

SilverBill
09-25-2011, 03:30 PM
well I didn't see them lowering physical prices when nobody was wanting to buy at $43-$45 and spot was $43.......

Don't buy it then. That'll show 'em. What do they actually owe you?

Chrisadamley
09-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Still baffles me all you guys that are claimig there is a disconnect. I can still go to my 2 local LCs and buy with the same premiums as befor the drop.

I doubt it's JUST my town that's like this.

Silverstate2011
09-25-2011, 03:41 PM
I wasnt really worried until i went into a monster coin shop only to see the shelfs bone dry. I did mange to get some super tarnished bars for 33 and junk for 22 times face.

Still baffles me all you guys that are claimig there is a disconnect. I can still go to my 2 local LCs and buy with the same premiums as befor the drop.n

I doubt it's JUST my town that's like this.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 03:46 PM
funny you say that but what you should say is its being rapidly bought...coin shops are dealers and sell no matter what the fact its gone means people are buying...i too had this happen to me i went in when it was 30 wanting to buy a few ase and all they had was a happy easter bar but i bought it

blitzdude
09-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Don't buy it then. That'll show 'em. What do they actually owe you?

Yeah I usually don't. Exactly why I buy on da bay and craigslist. I already boycott ap*mex and now looks like I will be doing the same to g'ville. No sweat off my balls.....