PDA

View Full Version : Baby Boomer Bomb

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 08:18 PM
The BABY BOOMER BOMBÖ yes the dollar is in trouble and we are slowly getting closer to the end of it but! The government is doing every thing they can to keep things going and the dip we are seeing is a good thing not just because of the buying opportunity, but because it shows how volatile the monetary system and world economy truly is. The one thing I want to talk about on this thread is the baby boomers.

A group of people from 45 to 60 of age today that is way bigger than the generations before and after. this means from now until 2016 the baby boomer bomb will go off. The social security and Medicare is around 55 trillion for this group and the pensions is around 16 trillion, so you think things are jacked up now with a 14 trillion debt. imagine how things will get when we add 70 trillion.
PEOPLE these baby boomers are starting to retire now and until 2020

Either elderly people will die in the streets and the entire country will be in squalor or the us and the fed will create and bowwow for this expense. this has nothing to do with normal momentum of compound interest and government expense.

Add to this please because itís a fundamental no one talks about.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 08:19 PM
The BABY BOOMER BOMBÖ yes the dollar is in trouble and we are slowly getting closer to the end of it but! The government is doing every thing they can to keep things going and the dip we are seeing is a good thing not just because of the buying opportunity, but because it shows how volatile the monetary system and world economy truly is. The one thing I want to talk about on this thread is the baby boomers.

A group of people from 45 to 60 of age today that is way bigger than the generations before and after. this means from now until 2016 the baby boomer bomb will go off. The social security and Medicare is around 55 trillion for this group and the pensions is around 16 trillion, so you think things are jacked up now with a 14 trillion debt. imagine how things will get when we add 70 trillion.

Either elderly people will die in the streets and the entire country will be in squalor or the us and the fed will create and bowwow for this expense. this has nothing to do with normal momentum of compound interest and government expense.

Bassplayer
09-25-2011, 08:24 PM
makes you wonder what will truly happen. Older folks like warmth - cold get to their bones. So, why not invest in AZ and NV?

Back to your point - yes, US will have to do what it takes to make sure the Boomer generation is taken care of. Politicians are boomers as well. What this means for those under 45 is more important to me. That is why I stack, including lead. Family is priority number one and you must not rely on anyone else taking care of "your" family!

Killionaire
09-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Add to this please because it’s a fundamental no one talks about.

What for? I don't want to keep my head stuck in a toilet full of negative thinking. Why worry yourself to death. What good is it going to do. The fundamentals don't matter because JPM will continue to keep the price of silver down. I'm not counting on receiving social security. I'm taking care of myself and that's all I can do. These big societal things are far beyond my ability to do anything about so I'm not going to worry about them. All I can do is take care of myself.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
What for? I don't want to keep my head stuck in a toilet full of negative thinking. Why worry yourself to death. What good is it going to do. The fundamentals don't matter because JPM will continue to keep the price of silver down.

why are you even on here in the first place? this is a place to talk about this investment,

Feral child
09-25-2011, 08:31 PM
why are you even on here in the first place? this is a place to talk about this investment,

Why are you posting this in the Silver forum? This is for general discussion.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 08:31 PM
What for? I don't want to keep my head stuck in a toilet full of negative thinking. Why worry yourself to death. What good is it going to do. The fundamentals don't matter because JPM will continue to keep the price of silver down. I'm not counting on receiving social security. I'm taking care of myself and that's all I can do. These big societal things are far beyond my ability to do anything about so I'm not going to worry about them. All I can do is take care of myself.

actuly you are wrong, the free market will over power any bank trying to play with fire, gold and silver are the place to be unless you want to gamble with the dollar but id rather do that at a poker table and have some fun with my friends

Element
09-25-2011, 08:33 PM
What are you a Dent fan or something...;)

I will admit to considering the deflation side of things lately..
IMO, what the heck we printed massive amounts of money, and nothing! Economy did not stimulate much at all. Fed can not lower interest rates to stimulate the economy, it is already at zero..... Another deflation flag in my mind is the dollar being so strong.. With all the printing we have done it should be weak..

Yep that has been my focus the past few days... The boomer thing fits in the hypothesis perfectly... It is something other than JPM manipulating the global market for all metals to save their stock prices theory to fill empty brain cells with....:rolleyes:

e

real money 28282828

no its for silver READ THE TITLE OF THE PAGE, you are wrong agian, if you want genral discussion log in to face book not a SILVER INVESTING FORUM

SterlingSilver
I found he OP's comment to be very helpful and find it very important to the further devaluation of the greenback.

Element
09-25-2011, 08:37 PM

Last I checked, Deflation/Inflation effect the price of PM's including silver....;)

Element
09-25-2011, 08:43 PM
I found he OP's comment to be very helpful and find it very important to the further devaluation of the greenback.

Does it devalue the greenback? Look at Japan, Post baby boom, lower manufacturing, yet the Yen is strong, so strong the goverment needs to devalue it in order to survive.. It is plausable we (USA) are in the same situation.

At least it is something to ponder...

e

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Last I checked, Deflation/Inflation effect the price of PM's including silver....;)

you are right and this boobme bomb going off will trigger just that first a deflation witch is happening right now than followed by a hyperinflation as the banks try to print us out

Vortex
09-25-2011, 08:47 PM

Dude, This is America - Americans don't crawl under their houses and wait for death just because the world Financial system breaks down. We have capitalism here - Wouldn't be anytime at all till Trade Businesses popped up everywhere - Bars, food shops trade depots, Manufacturing We'd bring MadMax Chic' to a whole new level ! elderly people will die in the streets and people livin in squalor naw, not here. :D

Element
09-25-2011, 08:48 PM

Silver seems to take the biggest beating and takes it first.. It is the proverbial canary in the coal mine...

Why can we not talk about something other than JPM or the fact that someone got an ounce of silver off ebay or saved .50 cents their LCS..:rolleyes:

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Does it devalue the greenback? Look at Japan, Post baby boom, lower manufacturing, yet the Yen is strong, so strong the goverment needs to devalue it in order to survive.. It is plausable we (USA) are in the same situation.

At least it is something to ponder...

e

it has happend in history where a strong dollar causes deflation and they print more to lower its value but at the same time adding more and more debt and once you get to 40 % with debt you loose controol of inflation and you than have hyperinflation or as i call it "dieing curency"every 30 to 40 years fiat currency dies

grinningdog
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
it has happend in history where a strong dollar causes deflation and they print more to lower its value but at the same time adding more and more debt and once you get to 40 % with debt you loose controol of inflation and you than have hyperinflation or as i call it "dieing curency"every 30 to 40 years fiat currency dies

Really? When was the last time the dollar died?

Thx1138
09-25-2011, 08:55 PM
My dad worked hard all his life and died in his early fifties... He never got to build his cabin in the woods and retire...

My grandparents recieved three pensions between them plus social security and always owned their own houses and sold a farm receiving extra income from the payment.

They both died living in govt. housing, medical costs ate their nest egg in two years. ($80K)

Myself, I am a baby boomer and I am going to take my retirement next year babies. :cool:

Getting my place in the woods prepped right now, I can't wait until next year!

It's amazing what one can do when they break out of the system. 10 years in small business and I have the option to retire.

You can still have the American Dream folks, you just have to adjust it a little for the times.

Thx :)

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Dude, This is America - Americans don't crawl under their houses and wait for death just because the world Financial system breaks down. We have capitalism here - Wouldn't be anytime at all till Trade Businesses popped up everywhere - Bars, food shops trade depots, Manufacturing We'd bring MadMax Chic' to a whole new level ! elderly people will die in the streets and people livin in squalor naw, not here. :D

its happend before remember the great depreshion? remember germany? and as for jobs poping up? where i live business are shutting down all over the place, i see ghost town shopping malls, a restarunt,bar ex... goes out of business every day. why do you think it wont happen here? and you are right old people wont die in the streets because they will print 55 trillion before that happens hence the fundamentle drive for silver and gold. get your head out of the sand open your eyes and sell your crap dollar stocks and get silver

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=grinningdog;1522324]Really? When was the last time the dollar died?[/QUO

sivil war was the first hyperinflation we had in america and the curency we used at the time regarduless of what it was called did die , its worth nothing, and manny times about every 30 years they have made changes and put out a new curency. did you attend history in high school?

Bassplayer
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Spell check broken?

OvertheHedge
09-25-2011, 09:02 PM

That's not fully true. People have been talking about the demographic problem with entitlements since I've been in college and I'm 48 now. It's just that you have a hard time finding politicians to talk honestly about it, and those partisan games seem to dominate the news more so than previous decades, so the media doesn't talk about it much.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Spell check broken?

really? you have to stoop as low to insult my spelling as you are so perfect to not ever have a typo? and you should say "is your spell check broken" that would be proper

grinningdog
09-25-2011, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=grinningdog;1522324]Really? When was the last time the dollar died?[/QUO

sivil war was the first hyperinflation we had in america and the curency we used at the time regarduless of what it was called did die , its worth nothing, and manny times about every 30 years they have made changes and put out a new curency. did you attend history in high school?

Well lets see I am 72 years old and still using the same currency. Just because its not backed by pms does not mean that it died. I can still spend my gold certificates.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=real money 28282828;1522333]

Well lets see I am 72 years old and still using the same currency. Just because its not backed by pms does not mean that it died. I can still spend my gold certificates.

its not the same you cant make a car payment with a silver or gold note can you? will your bank let you deposit a civil war note in your bank and call it a dollar? i think not

coindog
09-25-2011, 09:07 PM
I am part of the bomb, going to go for SS in a couple more years. and it's true there are millions of us and we vote. the politicos will listen and keep printing to keep the checks coming. sadly too many of my peers are not taking steps to protect themselves from the lost buying power of those checks.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 09:09 PM
I am part of the bomb, going to go for SS in a couple more years. and it's true there are millions of us and we vote. the politicos will listen and keep printing to keep the checks coming. sadly too many of my peers are not taking steps to protect themselves from the lost buying power of those checks.

the check will get you enough money to put gas in your tank to drive to the bank and cash it

grinningdog
09-25-2011, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=grinningdog;1522348]

its not the same you cant make a car payment with a silver or gold note can you? will your bank let you deposit a civil war note in your bank and call it a dollar? i think not

What a stupid statement. Yes I can make a car payment with a gold certificate as it is legal tender and a civil war note whatever that is was a century and a half ago.

Ophiuchus
09-25-2011, 09:10 PM
My dad worked hard all his life and died in his early fifties... He never got to build his cabin in the woods and retire...

My grandparents recieved three pensions between them plus social security and always owned their own houses and sold a farm receiving extra income from the payment.

They both died living in govt. housing, medical costs ate their nest egg in two years. ($80K)

Myself, I am a baby boomer and I am going to take my retirement next year. :cool:

Getting my place in the woods prepped right now, I can't wait until next year!

It's amazing what one can do when they break out of the system. 10 years in small business and I have the option to retire.

You can still have the American Dream folks, you just have to adjust it a little for the times.

Congrats to you. I'm behind the eight ball and hitching my wagon to Silver. It's a gamble I know, but with limited resources like your dad, I like my odds for major gains in a few yrs. Maybe sooner?

Element
09-25-2011, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=real money 28282828;1522333]

Ya I am not seeing "death of the dollar" in the next few years...

revitup
09-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Very good point made in the OP. The boomers look like a beech ball moving through a garden hose. This anomolly is usually over looked. So to keep the old retired boomers happy in meda care/aid etc. the Fed must print, print, print and inflate so PMs must go up.

Legacy
09-25-2011, 09:21 PM
http://www.lawrencegmcdonald.com/2011/03/washington-insight-geithner-predicts-u-s-dollar-to-remain-world-reserve-currency/

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 09:21 PM
That's not fully true. People have been talking about the demographic problem with entitlements since I've been in college and I'm 48 now. It's just that you have a hard time finding politicians to talk honestly about it, and those partisan games seem to dominate the news more so than previous decades, so the media doesn't talk about it much.

i ment talk about it on here.. all people talk about on here is collectables, ebay, and chase or jpm the truth is, the free market is to strong for jpm and at a point all that has to happen is one solar companie or cell phone business order solid silver to make goods and when its only paper jpm will be dust in the wind. i am looking at what really makes the silver clock tick

Legacy
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
I do............

Legacy
09-25-2011, 09:24 PM
i ment talk about it on here.. all people talk about on here is collectables, ebay, and chase or jpm the truth is, the free market is to strong for jpm and at a point all that has to happen is one solar companie or cell phone business order solid silver to make goods and when its only paper jpm will be dust in the wind. i am looking at what really makes the silver clock tickhttp://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/677-e2-wire/179005-solar-company-that-received-obama-administration-support-to-close-its-doors

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=grinningdog;1522348]

Ya I am not seeing "death of the dollar" in the next few years...

yes it may take a few years but it will happen its mathamaticly impossable, history from 407 bc fiat has never lasted, and the dollar is long at its 40 year mark . fiat currence has never lasted in any case and is actuly desined to implode

if i make 1 dollar and you promis to pay me back 2 where do you get the second dollar?

Legacy
09-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Guess who has to pay......

dan8802
09-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Good post. Also consider that all of these older people may begin selling their silver, which IMO is pushing the price lower temporarily.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=real money 28282828;1522353]

What a stupid statement. Yes I can make a car payment with a gold certificate as it is legal tender and a civil war note whatever that is was a century and a half ago.

actuly no its not its illegal to even owen one. i run a business and i would never take a expired note that was suposed to be turend in or you are a crimanal

Thx1138
09-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Congrats to you. I'm behind the eight ball and hitching my wagon to Silver. It's a gamble I know, but with limited resources like your dad, I like my odds for major gains in a few yrs. Maybe sooner?

Thanks.

It's silver that is in part allowing me to do this.

That and the cheap land available now.

I think I'm a little more of a do-it-yourself type of guy than my dad... he would have paid full retail for something all finished up.

Myself, I spent ten years on and off as homeless, so I think I am a little less domestic than my dad. lol

SHTF can happen on a global or national basis, but it can also hit one on an individual basis.

So, it will be a story of riches lost, rags and amajor adjustment becoming homeless and now an early retirement, adjusted for the post "conspicuous consumption" era.

If you guys want, PM me and I'll pass on a good link to cheap land in every state. I think I've given it to about 40 or 50 members now, lol.

I'm not going to need social security if and when.

Fishing, hunting and light gardening, my dad should have been so lucky. ;)

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Good post. Also consider that all of these older people may begin selling their silver, which IMO is pushing the price lower temporarily.

all these old people dont have silver they have ira's cd's and such my great grand ma when she died she had not 1 spect of silver or gold she was fully invested in banks just like more than 90% of all other old folks or any one at that

Vortex
09-25-2011, 09:30 PM
its happend before remember the great depreshion? remember germany? and as for jobs poping up? where i live business are shutting down all over the place, i see ghost town shopping malls, a restarunt,bar ex... goes out of business every day. why do you think it wont happen here? and you are right old people wont die in the streets because they will print 55 trillion before that happens hence the fundamental drive for silver and gold. get your head out of the sand open your eyes and sell your crap dollar stocks and get silver

My Grand parents went through the Great Depression - They didn't sit in the street and die because they didn't have that mindset- They found work and did what it took to make it. They also made sure their kids and their grand kids knew what happened and how they made it through the tough times.

I do the same with my son. My point is Americans will find a way to thrive if the economy dumps hard. The world won't end.

I don't do the market - I stack. I don't see anything wrong with people who like the paper Ag and understand the risk - most of them are in the Pro leagues and know what their doing. I'd lose my shirt because I don't . :)

grinningdog
09-25-2011, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=grinningdog;1522359]

actuly no its not its illegal to even owen one. i run a business and i would never take a expired note that was suposed to be turend in or you are a crimanal

You have no idea what you are talking about. i am just glad I am not in business with you. Guess i can ask, did you go to school? Gold certificates are legal to own and if you had a Crisp $5 one you would be far ahead of the gold value it represented.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 09:42 PM
My Grand parents went through the Great Depression - They didn't sit in the street and die because they didn't have that mindset- They found work and did what it took to make it. They also made sure their kids and their grand kids knew what happened and how they made it through the tough times.

I do the same with my son. My point is Americans will find a way to thrive if the economy dumps hard. The world won't end.

I don't do the market - I stack. I don't see anything wrong with people who like the paper Ag and understand the risk - most of them are in the Pro leagues and know what their doing. I'd lose my shirt because I don't . :)

i think it was like 5 million people that died because of the depreshion.. yes people lived or else we would not be here but manny died

and no the world wont end my point is that the usa WONT let this happen but the only way to do so is to throw us in to a monatery blender of money printing, taxing,a dash of depreshion and baked in to a hyperinflation cake

no the world most defantly wont end we may not even notice it much.. germany went through hyperinflation and look at them no.... they are doing well... but the gold and silver horders in that time are filthy rich i think it was like 1 oz of gold at that time bought a city block

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=real money 28282828;1522394]

You have no idea what you are talking about. i am just glad I am not in business with you. Guess i can ask, did you go to school? Gold certificates are legal to own and if you had a Crisp $5 one you would be far ahead of the gold value it represented.

All gold certificates had to be turned in by May 1, 1933 and anyone who would not do so would face 10 years in jail or a $10000 fine, or both google it

JohnRav
09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
To the OP, boomers go up to 65, currently. Also most will work I to there 70's. The real concern this with their healthcare costs, which is why the poloticians have been trying to regulate that market (unfortunately the special interest groups take over.)

Regardless, nothing much we can do about it, unless you want to start a Solent green factory. Take care of you and your own, and as said earlier in the thread, I certainly do not expect SS to be around for me.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 09:59 PM
To the OP, boomers go up to 65, currently. Also most will work I to there 70's. The real concern this with their healthcare costs, which is why the poloticians have been trying to regulate that market (unfortunately the special interest groups take over.)

Regardless, nothing much we can do about it, unless you want to start a Solent green factory. Take care of you and your own, and as said earlier in the thread, I certainly do not expect SS to be around for me.

i am not even think about using ss either but i do think it will be there but the fact i get paid that money means the usa counterfiated more money to do so... by the time i retire i wont need ss though i have the silver and gold retirement plan with a dash of cash flow realstate and a business

Ophiuchus
09-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks.

It's silver that is in part allowing me to do this.

That and the cheap land available now.

I think I'm a little more of a do-it-yourself type of guy than my dad... he would have paid full retail for something all finished up.

Myself, I spent ten years on and off as homeless, so I think I am a little less domestic than my dad. lol

SHTF can happen on a global or national basis, but it can also hit one on an individual basis.

So, it will be a story of riches lost, rags and amajor adjustment becoming homeless and now an early retirement, adjusted for the post "conspicuous consumption" era.

If you guys want, PM me and I'll pass on a good link to cheap land in every state. I think I've given it to about 40 or 50 members now, lol.

I'm not going to need social security if and when.

Fishing, hunting and light gardening, my dad should have been so lucky. ;)

It sounds like you have a very inspirational story to tell about humility. I was fortunate enough to have parents that carried me during my time of revelation, otherwise I could have been homeless myself. I believe you may be in a minority of people these days that actually educate themselves to elevate towards prosperity, I'd like to think I'm in that elite group myself. I totally dig driving around in my '95 Honda Odyssey that has been extremely well maintained. I hear Humble is the new Cool. "Can you Dig IT?" :cool: My Hummer is Silver and has no wheels, but it has promise for a better return on my investment in the future. :)

Lorian
09-25-2011, 10:02 PM
That JPM may attempt to keep the price down as much they can, the inflation of their buddies will at those low prices end up in the buying up of all physical. And they aren't stupid, they know. All that would happen would be more discoupling of paperspot and physical price, dealers/coin shops/ever seller will ofcourse increase their price if they see a buying pressure that is well above the availability. That is how real market and real trading and the price mechanism works. Their papermarket would become a place where people buy contracts and directly ask for delivery to then sell it on the real market. So your concerns are unneeded.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
It sounds like you have a very inspirational story to tell about humility. I was fortunate enough to have parents that carried me during my time of revelation, otherwise I could have been homeless myself. I believe you may be in a minority of people these days that actually educate themselves to elevate towards prosperity, I'd like to think I'm in that elite group myself. I totally dig driving around in my '95 Honda Odyssey that has been extremely well maintained. I hear Humble is the new Cool. "Can you Dig IT?" :cool: My Hummer is Silver and has no wheels, but it has promise for a better return on my investment in the future. :)

i am the same way.... i refuse to live above my means, i refuse to miss out in opertunites like gold and silver and am content in driving my old car that is paid for. when i was a kid i had a family member tell me how gold and all other meadles like silver and copper would be worth a millions... if i would of spent my 200 per week weed money on 1 oz of gold when i was a yound adult in 2000 i would be rich now lol

Thx1138
09-25-2011, 10:18 PM

You know, it is surprising how quickly I was able to get things together. (Also, how quickly things went awry in the first place.) Within six months I had lost my job as an automation specialist, got behind in my house payments and was very lucky to cash out with anything.

I moved from So. Cal to Seattle, "location, location, location" are the three rules of being homeless too.

So, I came up here, lived in the weeds and eventually started a modest lanscaping company, literally with a rake. Cleaning up apartment buildings and knocking on doors...

Now after ten years in landscaping, being fortunate enough to have bought silver two years ago (of which I still have every ounce) and the RE bust, I can retire at least ten years early and will have something to keep myself occupied.

I live in an apartment now and will save $850 on rent next year.

You guys can and probably will do the same thing. ;)

Let me know if you guys want the RE link, everyone talks about bugging out in case of SHTF, nice to have a place to bug out to and prep in the meantime.

It's fun too, and in the meantime I look forward to my prepper vacations.

Legacy
09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=grinningdog;1522359]

actuly no its not its illegal to even owen one. i run a business and i would never take a expired note that was suposed to be turend in or you are a crimanal That law was lifted in 1964 for collectors.

real money 28282828
09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=real money 28282828;1522394] That law was lifted in 1964 for collectors.

any and all curency can be a collectable the argument is that it is not a valid note that is used today.. the only thing more rare than a expencive collectable is finding a buyer dumb enough to buy it

helopilot
09-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Very good point made in the OP. The boomers look like a beech ball moving through a garden hose. This anomolly is usually over looked. So to keep the old retired boomers happy in meda care/aid etc. the Fed must print, print, print and inflate so PMs must go up.

Social Security Act of 1983 increased SS taxes to have enough money on hand to pay for boomer surge. Congress promptly spent it and gave Social Security Trust Fund non-interest bearing paper IOU's that now amount to about 2.6 trillion dollars. Congress is bankrupt, not social security. Physical gold and silver held by you is the only safe haven possible.

qwerty
09-26-2011, 12:21 AM
>Social Security Act of 1983 increased SS taxes to have enough money on hand to pay for boomer surge. Congress promptly spent it and gave Social Security Trust Fund non-interest bearing paper IOU's

Exactly

Then they looted between 5 to 10 trillion in last year and transferred their loot to wall street bank accounts to create more debt.

the treasury paying interest on debt to banks is another form of looting

Are baby boomers a problem - yes
but no different than other age groups

without the mindless/sociopath drones, the NWO would never be able to destroy the economy so easy

will social security be looted (go bankrupt) - of course - because that is their long term plan anyway

most of the population lives in the matrix or simply doesn't care

Silver Tongued Devil
09-26-2011, 12:59 AM
SS will remain intact because the people will demand it. It has minor problems with funding, but they are minor, and SS has a tax for funding. All they have to do is raise the tax a little and it will be in surplus.

SS is the same as PMs. Both are insurance against a SHTF scenario. PMs are insurance against a currency or sovereign debt SHTF scenario. SS is insurance against a personal investments tanked scenario.

I believe in both. Also, I believe in accumulating as much in other investments as you can during your working career. There is NO LIMIT to the amount of your paycheck that you can invest for the future. You have limitations on before tax contributions perhaps, but there is no limit to the amount you can save in after tax investments.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that some political party may get rid of SS and you will not have to pay the tax. Not going to happen; noone has even suggested it. They may get rid of forcing you to pay into a common pool as SS is now, but in the place of that they will force you to pay into an "individual retirement account" over which you will have NO CONTROL OF ANY KIND. When the markets tank, so will the value of your account. Too bad, so sad for you and your family.

Why do some politicians propose such schemes that obviously will not work? Because the banksters and wall street fat cats pay them HUGE amounts of money to do so. Do you really want to support a bunch of immoral, criminal banksters and wall street fat cats? Not me, thanks.

coindog
09-26-2011, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=Legacy;1522490]

any and all curency can be a collectable the argument is that it is not a valid note that is used today.. the only thing more rare than a expencive collectable is finding a buyer dumb enough to buy it

well there must be a lot of them because the old or busted banknote business has really grown in the last 5-6 yrs. you could apply your argument to anything other than food or shelter yet a market for all kinds of other items exists.

qwerty
09-26-2011, 11:51 PM
>SS will remain intact because the people will demand it. It has minor problems with funding, but they are minor,

the NWO has been looting social security overtly since mid 80s with the objective of bankrupting the fund. most of the public really doesn't care. they only care about the here and now.

when they announce privatization of social security down the road, the final phase of the looting of the funds will begin

for people 45 years or younger, most won't have much of a retirement pot to p*ss in. on top of that, they will keep raising the retirement age and you will work till your 78 or more years old.