PDA

View Full Version : If a Fed Prints in a Forest

opiumbox2000
11-02-2011, 01:35 PM
If the Fed prints money but doesnt tell anybody they are printing , will it still lead to inflation ?

Or is the expectations that the Fed IS in fact going to print a critical component of getting the inflation ?

The reason I ask - is that I suspect that the fed is doing ALOT more printing then they are telling the general public, and I was curious whether it is possible to have a hyperinflationary event even w/o explicit mention by the Fed that they are indeed printing.

anybody ?

radioone
11-02-2011, 01:55 PM
If a FED prints in a forest...........

...... There won't be a forest left before long......

Carpenter
11-02-2011, 02:13 PM
If the Fed prints money but doesnt tell anybody they are printing , will it still lead to inflation ?

Or is the expectations that the Fed IS in fact going to print a critical component of getting the inflation ?

The reason I ask - is that I suspect that the fed is doing ALOT more printing then they are telling the general public, and I was curious whether it is possible to have a hyperinflationary event even w/o explicit mention by the Fed that they are indeed printing.

anybody ?

Enough dollars already exist to cause hyperinflation here.
All it will take is a loss of confidence by foreigners who hold an estimated 80% of all dollars in existence
When those dollars flood home we will drown in them.

Ben needn't print another dollar, all it will take is a sneeze.

coindog
11-02-2011, 02:35 PM
they really can't print without it being known. all action by the Fed is on the web and known by the markets.

Carpenter
11-02-2011, 02:45 PM
they really can't print without it being known. all action by the Fed is on the web and known by the markets.

Agreed..........however.........

I don't know much about it, but they don't have to advertise it:

As the U.S. M2 Money Supply: Accelerating Sharply in 2011 chart shows, US money supply (M2) has surged in a parabolic manner in the last few months and is up by more than 50% year to date and up 33% in just 4 months - from June 1st to October 1st.
http://www.commodityonline.com/news/US-money-supply-gains-33-in-4-months-bullish-for-gold-43173-3-1.html

lubbad
11-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I am with Carpenter on this one. Printing is not what causes hyperinflation: it is lack of confidence.

The answer to your question is that we do not know. But it does not matter if they quietly print-or do not print.

It does not take much to cause loss of confidence. Dollars are held in reserve by many foreign governments-when those dollars seek conversion to value we arrive at that exact moment: crisis of confidence.

Like everyone else I am watching the Fed Chairman Bernanke as i try to traslate his doublespeak. The questioners are far too easy on Bernanke-pitching him softballs that he can easily hit out of the park. I would like to see him answer questions from the Americans he claims to be helping. Perhaps a town hall meeting where those of us being robbed by the Fed could submit questions.

Today Bernanke has claimed many times that he is operating in the best interest of the American people. I have a few questions for Mr. Bernanke, and they are not softballs.

skoby
11-02-2011, 03:01 PM

Seems to me they already did.

Wall Street Aristocracy Got $1.2 Trillion in Secret Loans

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-21/wall-street-aristocracy-got-1-2-trillion-in-fed-s-secret-loans.html

opiumbox2000
11-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Seems to me they already did.

Wall Street Aristocracy Got $1.2 Trillion in Secret Loans

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-21/wall-street-aristocracy-got-1-2-trillion-in-fed-s-secret-loans.html

All the responses have been good ones. My perspective incorporates all the comments above.

Nevertheless, I have a feeling that confidence will break when the extent of the secret printing becomes more well known.

There is more to this ponzi then meets the eyes.

And I dont believe the M2 numbers reflect the FULL extent of the situation.

tall tom
11-03-2011, 12:12 AM
If a FED prints in a forest...........

...... There won't be a forest left before long......

That is good. It is the truth. And I suppose that YOU WERE JUST JOKING.

Then one may ask, "Just what is a joke?"

A funny way of telling a truth.

Well, then, "What is a laugh?"

A nervous response to the acceptance of a truth.

Just joking!!!

LMAO

If you do not laugh then you do not accept it as a truth and become "offended" by the joke. Think about it...

Tall Tom
I Cor 13

travler1
11-03-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm sure, back in the day, when in Rome, before the fall, they tole everyone that the currency was being debased...

Silvercoin
11-03-2011, 01:06 AM

i doubt they would post all actions on the web.

in fact the Fed spends much of its time hiding what it does.

SlackerStacker
11-03-2011, 07:45 AM
They can't hide in a forest cuz they cut them all down for printing.
The movement of loss of reliance and confidence in USD has already started, with almost all portfolios adding or increasing PM holding as the best sign.

opiumbox2000
11-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Smells like the ECB is printing. Italian bonds slammed back down.

Man o man o man. This inflation is gonna be wicked.

Spartikis
11-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I feel like if they print but dont tell people we will still see the inflation it will just happen much slower than if they publicly announce it.