PDA

View Full Version : Which Deal Would You Do?

Mustangmanbob
11-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Each one is $30 FACE in 90%:

1)Average circulated Roosevelt Dimes, Kennedy & Franklins Halves, and Washington quarters at 23x face.

2) Average Circulated Barber Dimes, Quarters and Halves at 25x face.

3) Proof Dimes 1960 - 64 and 1999 and up.

Which one and Why?

Thanks

oober
11-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Can you cherry pick?

Proofs for weight if 23x face. Then the rest of modern cherry picking best examples.

I would look thru the Barbers if I was putting sets together.

coindog
11-13-2011, 06:00 PM
most all the barber coinage in junk lots is well.....junk. I would go for the wash, frank. roos. bunch.

Mr Nobody
11-13-2011, 06:40 PM
What are you looking for? Collectables? Silver weight?Each of those options has perks for different reasons.

Group 1: Is better value, is the most reconized years and designs of 90%, normally resale is under spot.

Group 2: Good coins that I rarely see in most coin shops. Older and normally missing some weight. Most shops won't pay a premium for them, but some private buyers will and they make a nice change up in a stack from the typical coins you find in group 1.

Group 3: Best weight, proofs are always in demand for sets, although dime sets arn't as popular as say halves or dollars. Might see a premium from shops, yet unless a collector, might not get above melt from private buyer. Not as in demand in the private market as mercury dimes and other "mainstream" 90%.

Depends on what you want. I'd list them in the order you have them in if I was making a list of which ones I like the most. Group 1 will be easier to resale so group 1 is my pick. But if your gonna sit on them for a while, I'd get the barbers. The proofs are nice, espically if you have a local coin show that you may be able to sell them to a buyer, or trade for other silver you like, but proofs are something I only buy if it is something that really strikes me as something I should have, and Roosevelts don't strike me like that.

Either way, post what you get and if you score any key dates/good grades!

HardlyPeeved
11-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Halves and maybe the Quarters...prefer Halves.

Don't like dimes.

Proof dimes are numismatic and I am not interested in specialty coins.

The more Silver per coin the better (IMHO).