PDA

View Full Version : any forum members going to FUN Convention

captainsilverton
01-02-2012, 07:21 AM
curious if anyone is heading over, or down or up to the FUN convention in Orlando FL, and or setting up there....if so for any specific reason, other than fun, since so many entities are present there in this coin industries larger convention??? heritage auctions will be running a coin auction , and the exhibits are more than educational for any coin collectors, various seminars are ongoing throughout the conventions 5 day venue...looking forward to some fellowship and warmth from friends and climate...

INCT

NathanDetroit
01-02-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm in Orlando now on a family vacation. We are headed for home (driving) Weds morning. I've tried every which way to buy another day, but it does not look like it's in the cards:(

Ah well at least we are having a good trip, mama and the boys are happy. Maybe better off waiting for little bit cheaper metal at the end of this month.

captainsilverton
01-02-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm in Orlando now on a family vacation. We are headed for home (driving) Weds morning. I've tried every which way to buy another day, but it does not look like it's in the cards:(

Ah well at least we are having a good trip, mama and the boys are happy. Maybe better off waiting for little bit cheaper metal at the end of this month.

disconnect the ignition and play dumb, then a self miraculous fix when ready...ha, it could add expenses and a possible lack of lodging however....you will look like a genius..?!!! family trumps collection by all means..

we fly into tampa very soon...and cant wait !!! not so much for the show, but other things like riding in the warmth, and visiting dear friends..

safe driving..

INCT

NathanDetroit
01-02-2012, 08:35 AM
I have already done battle with my selfish man and won!!
I've only been to one real coin show so far. Going to this one may ruin me for life. Nope I'll be headed home. Another time for sure.

Enjoy the show!! A good run down of the experience would be in order though. Loking forward to hearing of it.

Off to epcot to be hearded with my fellow sheep:o

halfhunter
01-02-2012, 10:08 AM
curious if anyone is heading over, or down or up to the FUN convention in Orlando FL, and or setting up there....if so for any specific reason, other than fun, since so many entities are present there in this coin industries larger convention??? heritage auctions will be running a coin auction , and the exhibits are more than educational for any coin collectors, various seminars are ongoing throughout the conventions 5 day venue...looking forward to some fellowship and warmth from friends and climate...

INCT

Hope you packed a jacket . . . 31 tomorrow nite, :eek: then a nice warm-up ! ! ! ;)

HH

cpthnsolo
01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I'll be there most of Friday and Saturday I'm sure :)

agmoose
01-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm planning to head over on Sunday.

captainsilverton
01-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Hope you packed a jacket . . . 31 tomorrow nite, :eek: then a nice warm-up ! ! ! ;)

HH

we shipped down all our riding gear we should need just after Christmas, UPS...and have carry on luggage with riding gear and 2 helmets, for the ride to our fiends house in Lakeland after landing, till we lod the bike up properly for the week... we shipped all except the super cold 9volt vests and gloves...and we ride in the sunlight only, no night riding anymore of any distance, other than from say restaurant to hotel, etc... with all the tupperware and windscreen on the bike we stay pretty protected from elements...looking forward to FL even though the have maybe 11 tight urns in the whole state?? haha.. up in horse country and the pan handle and west Florida its nice riding..not looking forward to I-4 and Orlando riding, but hey its okay its 2 wheels...

rode today in CT for 100 plus miles at 40 odd degrees...chill but nice with all the foliage down and a great look around all tight fast corners...

INCT

Greatwun
01-02-2012, 09:10 PM
I'll be there. May pick up some fractional gold or 90% silver.

captainsilverton
01-02-2012, 09:34 PM
I'll be there. May pick up some fractional gold or 90% silver.

dont know if i will buy, i have a friend from peru, he and they should have a table...and he has a, 100 sole .900 Au coin ..graded, from the 60's or 70's...nice coins, i have 5 or 6 and need to check the dates of mine tomorrow morning after i do banking, house preps and home securing before we get picked up to hit Laguarda for the flight down......

.the peruvian 100 sole !!!! like those coins,love um.. i hope for a good price if it is pushed on me to buy.....46 or 47 plus gram coin, 1.35 ounces.....he says its mine and he has saved it for me, we will see....going to look and learn and talk a lot,,yeah me talk a lot.... some seminars there are good.. should be thursday and sat for me, security can get me in a bit early.. may just spend i full day and do more riding, more is good...

no exact plans on what seminars and what to buy if anything, other-then attending and seeing a couple friends in Florida sun and temps... also will repeat the trip in march for bike week... will be riding a SILVER goldwing in march from CT to FL and back.....silver at speed!!!!

fractional gold seems high prem.... love 90% circ's..looking for commemorative .50's inXF- UNC-AU at least.....i have most of them that were minted minus a few..need a SPANISH TRAIL, ANTIETAM, and a 1921 MISSOURI 2x4....and a nice AU CONNECTICUT to finish my comm half dollar collection..

INCT

INCT