PDA

View Full Version : If you had to sell 100 oz...


FlyingSpaghettiMonster
01-06-2012, 12:24 PM
between today and April-would you sell today or wait? Remember-you MUST sell 100 oz by April! Basically asking everyone's opinions on the short term outlook. Do you guys see the Euro continue to sink or maybe even collapse?

ifionlyhadsomegold
01-06-2012, 12:33 PM
if you have to sell it means you have to sell now.

if you can wait it means you dont have to sell.

no man can 1000% sure the direction of silver, too many factors and future events.

SilverTongueDevil
01-06-2012, 12:38 PM
If you had to sell 100 ozs your talking 3k I would sell now because obviously cash is needed.

If I was looking for an exit point in the next 3 months I would be kicking my own backside for not bailing out months ago...

FlyingSpaghettiMonster
01-06-2012, 12:40 PM
if you have to sell it means you have to sell now.

if you can wait it means you dont have to sell.

no man can 1000% sure the direction of silver, too many factors and future events.

Just trying to get a feel for the short term outlook. I know people can't predict the future with 100% accuracy. Just seeing what the short term feeling is among my fellow silver bugs.

FlyingSpaghettiMonster
01-06-2012, 12:42 PM
If you had to sell 100 ozs your talking 3k I would sell now because obviously cash is needed.

If I was looking for an exit point in the next 3 months I would be kicking my own backside for not bailing out months ago...

But if silver drops another 30-50% in the next few months and you have to sell 100 oz you'll REALLY be kicking yourself!

SilverTongueDevil
01-06-2012, 12:45 PM
That is why I say sell NOW and anyone that is holding and looking for an exit should of left a long time ago.

FlyingSpaghettiMonster
01-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Lets just pretend I gave you a 100 oz bar today and told you that you had to sell between today and April 1st-what would you do?

nuts4gold
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
I believe the Euro will collapse but I do not know if it will be before or after April.
The Dollar will follow the Euro and become worth much less within months of the Euro collapse, yes a devaluation of the USD.
I would sell something else before PMs to pay your taxes but then that it me and I may be paranoid...

trigger_andy
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Lets just pretend I gave you a 100 oz bar today and told you that you had to sell between today and April 1st-what would you do?


Hold it and wait, its a free gamble at the end of the day.

A scenario for the three month wait could be that you have a Bill that had a three month deadline and you'd have to choose you're exit point between then and now.:)



If it was my 100oz Id still hold out and see what happens. Personall I seriously doubt its going any lower. Im expecting/guessing $33 by April 30th.

spiritfilled111
01-06-2012, 01:08 PM
now would be the worst time to sell silver right when it is hovering at its yearly lows. wait for some news story to make it spike, or for inflation to happen. there is always something to cause a bit of a spike just be patient

coindog
01-06-2012, 01:08 PM
i voted sell now 'cause i see more weakness in the POS. but if I get 'till april 30 I would wait, I think it may dip and go back by then.

SilverTongueDevil
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
The Elephant in this room is still if you were going to short silver why hell are you still here period you had exits indicators months and months ago.
If you chose to ride the waves as I did from 45 down then ride it out but if you are looking to short a holding in the next few months then why in the god did you not exit long before this point.

NolaM
01-06-2012, 01:27 PM
It's in the bottom of the channel right now...
Not a good time to sell... I would pop up the 37 yr chart again
However...One of these years, it won't work when everything goes sideways.
Also depends if you are taking one off the stack or you only have one to sell...

If I needed 3G and had 4 months to get it..
I would be hustlin for OT or an extra job.
That is only $750 a month. Sell something else you don't use...
Your time, money, earnings axis is pretty good 4 months out.

FlyingSpaghettiMonster
01-06-2012, 01:29 PM
The Elephant in this room is still if you were going to short silver why hell are you still here period you had exits indicators months and months ago.
If you chose to ride the waves as I did from 45 down then ride it out but if you are looking to short a holding in the next few months then why in the god did you not exit long before this point.


You are missing the point. Your thought process is not relevant to this poll. Like I said, lets pretend I gave you a 100 oz bar today but told you that you had to sell by April 1st-do you hold or sell today? You didn't have it 6 months ago, 2 months ago or even yesterday!

MaxGravy
01-06-2012, 02:46 PM
You are missing the point. Your thought process is not relevant to this poll. Like I said, lets pretend I gave you a 100 oz bar today but told you that you had to sell by April 1st-do you hold or sell today? You didn't have it 6 months ago, 2 months ago or even yesterday!

If I MUST have cash in a short period, then I would sell immediately and not look back. But if I'm "speculating" then I would wait for a better exit price.

Buzzybest
01-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Lets just pretend I gave you a 100 oz bar today and told you that you had to sell between today and April 1st-what would you do?

I would do what I did 2 days ago. I sold 150 ozs of 5oz ATBs and today bot some SLV call options for the increased leverage on the buy side. I did the same exact thing last JAN selling 110 silver Maple Leaves and buying SLV calls then. Since I sold all of the call options by the last week in April,I've generally been a happy camper all year and expect to be one this year!

casurfer
01-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Sell now, the trend is down.

Rocktopus
01-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Lets just pretend I gave you a 100 oz bar today and told you that you had to sell between today and April 1st-what would you do?

I guess since it was free I would immediately sell it and immediately buy more silver.

Koapaka
01-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Hind sight is 20/20....that is why they are called "arm chair quarter backs".....ENSURE you needs are met whatever they are and consider it a blessing!!!!!

Holdfast
01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Lets just pretend I gave you a 100 oz bar today and told you that you had to sell between today and April 1st-what would you do?

If you gave it to me, I'd sell it straight away and go buy 2 Plats!:D

H

Edit

Plats is short for 1oz Australian Platinum Platypus coins! :D

silverfire
01-06-2012, 05:11 PM
If you had to sell by April I would wait until a spike to $31-33 level
At least that's what my crystal ball says

chrisiden
01-06-2012, 07:24 PM
i dont have a crystal ball but i sure think silver will be higher than it is now...
no guts no glory...
go for it...
i vote HOLD til the last moment...
:)

scrane
01-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Flip a coin.

tcg1022
01-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Wait


Right now silver is pretty much lower than what it has been in over a year. It appears and is extremely possible that the we may have had a turn day at the end of last month. We should retest the 26-27 area within the next 12 days then we move up.

I would hold n sell in April. IMO that would be the ONLY logical choice, that is IF you have a few years of experience in this game and understand cyclical turn dates and a source that has provided them from time to time.;)

Freedom
01-06-2012, 09:36 PM
trick question...

You never told us what type of silver?

Is it a 100 oz generic bar?

Is it 100 Engelhard Prospectors?

Is it 100 Australian Kookaburra's?

Is it 100 American Silver Eagles?

Is it 100 Canadian Maple Leaves?

Is it 100 Austrian Philharmonics?

Is it 1,399 U.S. Junk 90% Silver Dimes?

Is it a 48 piece Gorham Sterling Silver Flatware set?

C'mon now!!!

How the F can i answer a halve-arsed question like that?

Whiterabbit Always Late
01-06-2012, 09:42 PM
I started typing out my thought process but I'll keep it brief: you have a good chance for the bottom to be in by April, but also a good of a chance that we're not back to where we are by then. I tend to think it would be higher, by a bit, but not much. I would probably sell now if I knew I had to convert to cash in less than three months.

assesingsit
01-06-2012, 10:44 PM
100 0z
couple a weeks may net u a couple a hundred bux from today till April 1
u will c better prices
imo
my fridays POS contest is 100 bux better from today :D
look to the POS contest for setiment it's a pretty good mix

2sides2silver
01-06-2012, 11:35 PM
You should only sell if you need the money(buying a car, unexpected bill,
etc.).......just my opinion

ifionlyhadsomegold
01-07-2012, 09:14 AM
these threads do nothing but try and plant a seed to get the peeps selling...


the got to sell right now physical guys are not selling enough so we need to get the folks who will need to sell in the future to sell now.


:rolleyes:

DYODD!

blenny
01-07-2012, 11:37 AM
IF you HAD to....

assuming you don't have quantity discounts...

50% now

50% in April

or

Cost average, and sell 20% every 1/5th of the time till your goal.

We are in a down, will it still be in a down in March??? who knows???

blitzdude
01-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Lets just pretend I gave you a 100 oz bar today and told you that you had to sell between today and April 1st-what would you do?

I'd hold it and sell on exactly March 27th, should be full blown QE3 talk all over the media by then.