Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Numismatic Discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 06:39 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsustainable View Post
I paid $40.75 ea for 3 ASE this afternoon @ the LCS outta pocket change after work. What a bargain and volume pricing for new silver Pandas and deep pockets

My 2002 NGC PF 65 Ultra Cameo 20th Anniversary Platinum Panda was waiting for me on the desk after work. 13 yr old daughter says really beautiful coin, with Pandas on BOTH sides and our first Platinum. At $395 it seemed a no brainer and glad I nabbed it; LSC bullion guy said it'd been on their website only 1 day...persistence pays.
Awesome score. Your lucky because the other years around tha coin does not have that beautiful panda on reverse. On top of that it's a tenth not a twentieth which is more attractive to have a lil weIght on it. Once again this is my vault coin.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinsword View Post
All "2 Pandas" collections need a Plat !
The Only 2 Panda design on a 1 troy ounce Platinum:

Note: World Trade Center twin towers featured on the New York skyline (gone after 9/11/2001).
Old 03-04-2012, 02:22 AM

Those are nice coins. I like the outline of the Panda's.

Does anyone on this thread know where to get 2012 pandas cheaper than Gville ($45) and ENI ($50)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinsword View Post
All "2 Pandas" collections need a Plat !
Old 03-04-2012, 03:05 AM

Default I believe they are all being mailed as we speak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeded View Post
Those are nice coins. I like the outline of the Panda's.

Does anyone on this thread know where to get 2012 pandas cheaper than Gville ($45) and ENI ($50)?
By next Saturday for sure. If it they arrive in 2 weeks I would be really surprised.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 PM

Hey guys. Long time no see. I've just been hunting. Got me a 1990 doublesealed for only 89 euros.

Picked up a late marco polo (30 euro) and a 1988 historical figures set, boxed with coa. (180 euro) Got my eye on the gold coin that goes with it too.

I've been reading the drama about the 2012 coins. I'm going to pick up an ms70 maybe but I'm looking to concentrate on the older bears from now on. I'm watching a 1985 silver panda at the moment in Germany bid up to 1110 euros with 5 days to go. Too much for me at the moment.

Hope we're all happy hunting, I'm glad to be back in the game.

(I've been missing the thrill of the hunt)

Wave upon wave of demented avenger marched cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Last edited by Number 47 : 03-05-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:03 PM

Number 47,

Good to see you back mate..and back into the game. Hope things are well over there on Sham-rock Island. lol.

Wow that is a heck of a price on that early Panda. Gulp.

Have never seen Panda's so late in the year. They should just suck it up and release them, not like they under-charge for their coins. I like drama...on my TV, not in the coin market...lol

Nice score on that set..you must have most of the yearly sets by now?

Cheers and best of luck. Nice 1/3rd oz Au on the other thread. I likey!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:26 PM

You mean this one?

1989. Genghis Khan. Not a great pic, will get some better ones up on the other thread soon. need to get my tripod from the ex (ish) wife.

i love this coin, you don't see many and it cost me an arm and a leg.

I just bought a second 1984 silver set too, I have it (terracotta warriors) but at 180 euro it was a steal, they fetch 215 easy, I'll get my loupe, keep the best and flip the others back for a small profit hopefully.

I think I have 6 silver sets and 2 of the gold coins. i have to go and get my collection out of storage to catalogue and do some grading. i was looking through my purchase history on the bay just now and came accross a 2000 panda i bought for just over 200 bucks, I don't remember that one.

Wave upon wave of demented avenger marched cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 AM

Congratulations on that Geng
Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 AM

Sorry about that - click on the wrong button ; (

Wanted to say congratulations on the Genghis Khan. Beautiful coin. I have been looking for that coin (in silver) but it looks really nice in gold. I have not had much luck with locating Genghis Khan ... Maybe am not looking in the right place. Is the German eBay a good place to look? I guess it would be difficult for those who don't know German.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:18 AM

Yes, that gold coin....love it.

At least you got into the sets before they really took off. You did well indeed.

X's and O's ..I hear ya. Been there. Bummer!

I'm really drawn to the old gold coins and spend many hours searching for them and looking at the China Red Book and Mr. Ge's book. If any new collectors are reading, these would be the coins of choice for the future. Tuck them away, you'll be glad you did. Sell off the junk and buy one good one to get started.

I know many folks that buy a coin, get them graded, sell them and put the profits into a stellar coin, then repeat. This takes time and planning and a pail of patience. Easier said than done.