Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > General Stock Market Investing discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 12:46 PM

INFY finally came down and filled its gap and thus my limit order was triggered. Now long. Minor victory there knowing I didnt chase the stock and ended up getting in at very close to the low for the day.

"We said simply that we were too old to trade silver, preferring to leave this enormously volatile metal to those younger and/or more courageous than we. We abhor volatility. It is our bane, and silver defines volatility. Thus, we do not trade it and have not and will not." -Dennis Gartman
Old 03-02-2012, 12:58 PM

Got into Cosi last month @.68, out of Cosi today @1.00. Grabbed 47% return and $1600 profit.

"We said simply that we were too old to trade silver, preferring to leave this enormously volatile metal to those younger and/or more courageous than we. We abhor volatility. It is our bane, and silver defines volatility. Thus, we do not trade it and have not and will not." -Dennis Gartman
Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 PM

WPI setting up...on my watch list @ 58.50...bought a few cheap AAPL options @ 1.51 Monday with a 565 strike, held over night, doubled up and cash out...they ran to 35.00 plus...forgot one of the first things I learned from Mr. Livermore...let your winners run....
Old 03-17-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoezoe View Post
WPI setting up...on my watch list @ 58.50...bought a few cheap AAPL options @ 1.51 Monday with a 565 strike, held over night, doubled up and cash out...they ran to 35.00 plus...forgot one of the first things I learned from Mr. Livermore...let your winners run....
fwiw
my interpretation of Livermore is that he would advise to stay away from options...I forget his exact words...something to the effect of, the allure of fast and or easy money. Also, letting one's profits run in a stock I suspect he would view differently than letting them run in an option..due to the limited time and the strike prices(how far out of or in the money) involved in options.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 AM

from a few days back....out of WPI @61..
Old 03-21-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoezoe View Post
from a few days back....out of WPI @61..
still running..sold on a 3 bar serge into a doji....should of sold half and lets the rest run...rookie mistake,kicking myself...
Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM

think we could get a gap down....spy trading under the 20 on the 1 hour for the last two days and looks to be flagging.Buy program came in early today only to sell off into close...copper looks week.. AAPL sold off and banks didn't participate into the bell ...who knows...put AMZN alerts on @188.47 and 185.58.... will watch AAPL pivots for bounces...586 on AAPL /fills gap/hits pivot/ just pierces the 50 and a 236 fib...one can hope...
oh and all you gold holders your screwd..kidding...well not really other than being under the 20/50/100/200 ma on the daily/hr/10 min. Near the top off a down ward channel and forming a bear flag....Other than that it looks strong...
Old 03-25-2012, 04:52 PM

AMGN is setting up ...needs a bit more time in the oven...64.90... on my alerts if it gets there ....if not no trade.Should be a fast mover if it hits... looking for 6 points...again DYOD this is not financial advise...
Old 04-05-2012, 05:18 PM

...why do you always came down to Nick's café

banging the table on TXI... pending market conditions
33.30 is prime ...daily and 1 hour setting up... daily holding the 200/ trend-line support/relative strength/time count/divergance...you could even make a case for a inverted H&S with a retrace back to the neck line.Right shoulder is a little weak...and check for earnings date.... again dyod

earning Mar 28th

Last edited by zoezoe : 04-05-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:21 PM

Thinking about grabbing some CLR and NOG. NOG doesnt look too hot, but the fundamentals for these Bakken Shale operating companies is great. NOG has been posting 58.1% profit margins. I like.