Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Gold discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoldhamster View Post
A post from the blog ... posted recently ... just that you get an impression of the current mood. Cyclist though thinks that end of April comes a deflationary phase ... seems he's the only one expecting such ... everyone else seems to be expecting huge moves north in coming 1-2 years ... I myself no clue ... not the time to evaluate ... so I follow the "mood" and the charts, as anyway I only trust the charts ...

and yes, if I have something to say, I'm gonna say it here ... as long as the fun lasts ...
and before the next dive is due

-----------------------------------------
here the snip:
maybe another three or so weeks
before buck turns down ..
the gold up .. Z-hui up
The move up should last 8-10 months, with a top near $3000/ounce. Should gold move up to $3000/ounce, support during 2013-2014 will lie at $2400/ounce, with lower support at $2100/ounce and $1920/ounce. It is impossible to know what downside potential is likely after a big top next year, but $2400/ounce represents a reasonable assumption for support
---------------------------------------------

So yes, it might be the right time now or in coming days to add this or that ounce to ones stash ... and then sit down and wait and sit and ... have this or that latte in the meantime ... until top of next wave is seen.
Hey Hammy,

Great to see You posting again!

Hope you've been doing well.

Now, deflation... that would be bad for PM's IMO...

GD
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
A post from the blog ... posted recently ... just that you get an impression of the current mood. Cyclist though thinks that end of April comes a deflationary phase ... seems he's the only one expecting such ... everyone else seems to be expecting huge moves north in coming 1-2 years ... I myself no clue ... not the time to evaluate ... so I follow the "mood" and the charts, as anyway I only trust the charts ...

and yes, if I have something to say, I'm gonna say it here ... as long as the fun lasts ...
and before the next dive is due

-----------------------------------------
here the snip:
maybe another three or so weeks
before buck turns down ..
the gold up .. Z-hui up
The move up should last 8-10 months, with a top near $3000/ounce. Should gold move up to $3000/ounce, support during 2013-2014 will lie at $2400/ounce, with lower support at $2100/ounce and $1920/ounce. It is impossible to know what downside potential is likely after a big top next year, but $2400/ounce represents a reasonable assumption for support
---------------------------------------------

So yes, it might be the right time now or in coming days to add this or that ounce to ones stash ... and then sit down and wait and sit and ... have this or that latte in the meantime ... until top of next wave is seen.

This post doesn't make sense hammy. you say cyclist says top is in april followed by deflationary phases but list that a move in gold to 3000? Is this the same inside source that told you gold was going to go to up on sept 20...when it actually crashed

Last edited by ILUVPMs : 03-16-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Gary Savage remains stubbornly bearish. And even starts blaming ...
So may it be.

My next post there when the next top is in.
Then they will blame me again as just creepin' out of my holes when it fits my purposes.

Funny - things never change.
Ya, hes a moron.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:48 AM

AGH,

Nice to see you posting here. Missed your valuable input. Merrimen & Arch Crawford are also looking for metals to rally from here.

Thanks for your input.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Everybody of my sources is bullish the metals from around here.
Most have a time line of around 1-1.5 years for this coming move into 2200-2400 or so.
JUST Cyclist just sees a rally only into end of April, maybe into May. Then a big or bigger deflationary spat.

I tend to hang towards the majority.
And maybe Cyclists top ist just an intermediate top - remember years earlier he also expected silver to go considerable lower - and it never did. Maybe he's just a bit too bearish.

So i don't see a conflict there.
Question is just how deep the correction is after the first leg north. And what causes that correction. And what happens out there in the world. Greece again, or another PIIG, or Iran or what the hell do I know.

Right now it seems we are near a bottom. That is what counts and is important. The rest will be seen in the weeks and months ahead.
Ah I C, that clarifies things.. by the way most are not bullish, one drop in the gold and people get scared that shows you a lot of bearish... The individual you speak of has always been bearish and gets calls mixed up... no need to listen or mention him.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM

This is what Crawford wrote in his March letter:
Last month we wrote: “It [GOLD]
has carved out an A-B-C corrective wave,
and it may hold here.’ Looks like a good
call so far but a corrective phase is
overdue at current resistance. It could pull
back to the 50-Day MA around 1660 and
still remain in very bullish mode. It would
only become doubtful if the 200-Day MA
(dark blue line) and the lower trend
channel line were to be broken to the
downside. “Whichever way it goes, it is
likely to get there Fast… .”
The GOLD chart (not shown)
does not display any technical damage,
even from its extreme one day rout. We
are of the opinion that China and the little
Tigers remain under-invested and will
continue to add to positions whenever
prices seem advantageous. We’ll call it
the Emergent-markets PUT!
SILVER is making the same chart
pattern (not shown) as GOLD but remains
in a somewhat weaker state, as it popped
suddenly and sharply above its 200-Day
MA and then faded back below. When they both turn back to Buy points, the SILVER may once more gain faster.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 AM

Hi Hammy,

nice to see you back and posting. It is always nice to find old friends once again - though never complete lost them.

I am thinking on "parking" some extra $ on DGP (2x long gold etf) the next few days if we get between 1603 and 1625 (stop at 1500) and just forget them for 6-12 months or until we get to 2.000 .. that would be appr. a 40% profit.

Feel like taking a small risk for what I think had a good return ratio. Just thought I d share.

Nice weekend all
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM

Hey Hammy, nice to see ya!

Check out this weekly chart of Corn, one of the most beautiful cup and handle formations I've seen.
http://www.finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=ZC&p=w1

I did a write up on it a few months back on my blog. The upward projection points to 1300 ($13) with a break of the rim-line at about $8. I can't post a link to my own article, it's considered 'spamming'.

Food prices will sky rocket, got yours?

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."
-John Adams, 2nd president of the United States
Old 03-16-2012, 02:25 PM

Well just like old times now all we need is GG and Cyclist...

Great Depression II, NWO, Economic Collapse, Mega Volcanoes, Mega Quakes, Mega Tsunamis, Global Warming, Ice Age, Earth Changes, Pandemics, Famines, Global Killer Meteors, Mega Solar Flares, Galactic Equator, Planet X, EMP, Armageddon, Executive Bonuses...

Paranoid? Not I...
Old 03-16-2012, 03:32 PM

Smile Looking forward to your thoughts

Surprise good to see you Hammy as mentioned food has taken a big jump. The hotdogs at the Gas Station keeping many alive. Can't say for the long term is very good. In terms of food silver is a bargain and yes could be a dip maybe see 31 on silver.

Am i getting it wrong my physical is more gold much of it is scrap so not sure what the plan will be. Hammy after we get past this so called 1590 or 1625 or some are calling 1400 do you see a flat line for days? Stocks seem to be saying we going to have a flat line. I see tuesday as rally for Gold Shares.

B7T
Closed Thread